Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been done before?

A while back it was discussed that both Celtic and Rangers would be inducted into the English Premier League but this never happened. I was always interested too see what would happen if this were the case. I plan on finding that out in an experiment. First i'd like to know how many would be interested, if it's been done before and i'd also like some suggestions on how to do it, would i turn it into a 22 team prem or what?

No you can't turn it into a 22-team premiership, that'll make it unplayable. The quick option would be to swap two Premiership teams with Celtic and Rangers, with the longer option being to swap teams by gradually moving all teams down a division/up a division until the change becomes subtle.

I have a idea of doing small challenges like half seasons ones which could be done within hours

every week I would upload the game and there would be a table were everyone could compare how good they are doing compared to everyone else every challenge would have a differnt point system

what do you think?

I have a idea of doing small challenges like half seasons ones which could be done within hours

every week I would upload the game and there would be a table were everyone could compare how good they are doing compared to everyone else every challenge would have a differnt point system

what do you think?

it's a decent idea but it's kind of been done before by Dafuge. he did monthly challenges in the first few months of a season where you played 1 full season. the idea was popular initially, but interest dropped off after a few months.

a twist on this could be to holiday so far through the season, and then pick challenges based on the season so far (i.e. save Derby from the drop, get Portsmouth into Europe etc...) might get more interest from that....

Very original idea ;)
I suggested that :) its at the top of the last page, I'm too busy to do it but if you do it I'd definitely have a go at them. Maybe use this as an example? http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/36740/t1133280-save-your-season-challenge/

I never knew

thanks for that site

it's a decent idea but it's kind of been done before by Dafuge. he did monthly challenges in the first few months of a season where you played 1 full season. the idea was popular initially, but interest dropped off after a few months.

a twist on this could be to holiday so far through the season, and then pick challenges based on the season so far (i.e. save Derby from the drop, get Portsmouth into Europe etc...) might get more interest from that....

thats what I was going to do

Has something like that been done on this forum before?

Like a big post at the start with a series of challenges to attempt. Maybe their could be like a 3 month limit for people to do as many of the challenges as possible?

what do you think?

I think it's a great idea. This forum has been crying out for some short term 'situation based' challenges, I'm glad someone has finally done it.

Right then.. Here is mine and Robert's basic idea (this has not be confirmed yet):

What we are most likely going to do is edit 2 nations and 2 clubs and make them mine and Roberts teams.

We would get 20 people to sign up for each team (40 overall) with half the players playing for Roberts club and country and the other half playing for my club and country.

Me and Robert would then play online with each other as both our clubs and countries and write down the progress of your players, as well as the progress of both clubs and countries.

The clubs will be starting off in the bottom tier of a chosen league (yet to be decided) and would work their way up into the best clubs in the world (hopefully). The countries would most likely be in Europe and we would track the progress through all competitions as well as friendly matches.

Could we have some thoughts please, please don't just say 'that's a good idea' we would like to know ways in which to improve it/ make it better for everyone.

I think it's a very good idea, but again I think you'll have to make sure it doesn't turn out too much like DodgeeD's one :thup:

Yeah I know, that's one of the reasons why I posted the idea in here, too see if we could get some sort of ide how too make it different to DodgeeDs one.

My idea for my first run as a sign-up host is as follows, now i want you too bear with me as i', fairly new to this and want to get it right, so i hope you can help me execute the idea in the best way possible, if the idea has been done already i do apologize.

I propose a Create a Backline sign up, i would hold a sign up where people create a back line worthy of winning any league. It would be a points based system with points being awarded for...

-Clean Sheet (3 points)

-Defensive Man Of The Match(3 points)

-Defensive Goalscorer(5 points)

-3 Clean Sheet's in a row(5 points)

-Defensive Double Scorer(10 points)

-5 Clean Sheet's in a row(10 points)

-Defensive Hat-Trick Hero(25 points)

-Defensive Goal of the month(25 points)

-One Defender inducted into team of the year(25 points)

-Half Season Unbeaten(50 points)

-Undefeated Season(100 points)

-Backline Domination[3 of 6 players inducted into team of the year](100 points)

Now clearly this is just an outline of the points scoring system and ill wait on what you think would be approipriete in this department. Each sign up would create 6 defenders, naming them and such as in the striker threads.

Attributes would be done slightly differently with each attribute being preset on 10, sign-ups would then be given 50 additional points to chop and change attributes as they wish, this would prevent everyone from having identical looking attributes. CA would be set ay 100 with PA at 200. EVERY player will be 18 years old.

So what do you guys think, is it worth giving a shot, or not?

I doubt all the 6 players would stay at a specific club haza555, but a way of doing this is say picking a certain amount of either good or crap Nations, and giving the players that nationality, which would test the defenders. And i'd reccomend doing say, something like this:

4 defenders, and a goalkeeper?

Points could be given per International game?

Just a thought of course

I think i prefer your idea of the nations rather than clubs, with points being based on a game to game basis. However if it was just 4 defenders and a goalkeeper how would i guarantee the players would start each match for their country? I know i could remove players such as say, Lucio and Breno but then what happens if injuries occur?

I now see why the 'Dominant Defence' idea probably wasn't the best, but i could just change this to something like 'The Ultimate Defender' or even just 'The Ultimate National Player' where the people signing up are able to pick position. Where the attribute bonus points would be a variable setting it apart from others people have done in the past. What do ya think? Which one would YOU personally be more interested in seeing?

Alright, i'll start this up later tonight, based on interest ill decide weather im gonna base this in Europe of South America, if their is enough interest i have no issue with taking more time over the database.

Only one query, how do i ensure the player plays all the time, or do i not? It just occurred that if a player is playing for Brazil, chances of them playing are very low. Thoughts?

Here is a fresh outline.

- Attributes all set at 10, each sign-up given 50 bonus points to chops and change attributes as they wish, you may lower 3 attributes and take the points. For example. Pace could become 5 and bonus points would increase to 55.

- Using a random generator, players will be assigned nations.

- Points are scored with things such as clean sheets, international appearances, goals etc...with clean sheets getting more points as that is the job of a defender.