Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Octavianus[GER]

FM10 Data Editor: Impossible to copy Unique IDs anymore

I'm really sure this thread already exists but unfortunately I haven't found it through searching. Sorry for that.

Please SI, tell me, why do you have changed this? In all Pre-FM10-versions it was possible to copy the ID from a player or a club or whatever and paste it into a textfile or wherever needed. But in the FM10-editor the field cannot be marked. This is so annoying. Why did you changed that? For all facepack/kit/logo-makers (I am a facepack-maker) this is really a step backwards. Is there any reason for this?

Please fix this issue. I can't see any reason why you changed this. It's annoying to remember each ID number and then you need to type it. It's a waste of time and makes simple things time-consuming.

There is a workaround. Look at the UI files from

<FM 2010>\tools\editor\data\format\database ui

For instance, "club ui.xml", change

<record db_field="club,duni" is_read_only="true"/> <!-- unique id -->

to

<record db_field="club,duni" is_read_only="false"/> <!-- unique id -->

and now you can copy the ID. You obviously have to find the corresponding file for other entities and make the same change.

Edit: Be careful with it as you may screw things up because you can now change the ID

Thanks a lot. Damn, I could have figured that out by myself but was just so annoyed. Sorry and thanks a lot for the help!

Edit: Yeah, of course. I'm aware of the sensibility of the data ;)