A thread for some advanced editing tips

Bednar:

I managed to change the relegation rules of an existing playable league by editing the xml file in notepad.

Besides making the wanted change to the relegation rules I also did the following in the particular league's rules:

Replace <string id="use_game_rules" value="active_comp"/>

With <string id="use_game_rules" value="lower_division"/>

Thanks, have added that line but when i start a new game still now difference in the league rules screen.

Although i did notice that before adding the additional bit, if i opened up the league in the competitions editor it does show as having one relegation place. So not sure if it is a panels issue (as the league rules screen may not be configured to ever show a "relegation section"?)

Might need to holiday test to find out i guess!

Alternative it looks like is to use the competitions editor to add in all the existing scottish lower leagues as "inactive divisions" and see if that helps.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one has tried that with the advanced panels, as far as I know.

I have tried this, and I failed... whole competition was running fine, all matches were as I wanted it (two groups of four, than play-offs between those teams, and winner should have play against AFC team), but when AFC Play-off finished, game just crashed :(

Guys, thanks to all the great discussions in this thread, my first fantasy league system with advance panel finally started to look like something playable (yes there are things that don't work, glitches, and weird occurence here and there but so far I'm happy enough with the progress).

HOWEVER, two days before the last match of the season (main cup final), it crashes. I have tried every setting I can think of for that one final match, but it still crashes 2 days before it, I don't really know what else to tweak since every league and other cups have finished their schedules, and without any major problem too.

I used a non-playable nation (Pays-Basque), so I don't think it has anything to do with the in-game nation rule either.

I wonder, before I started to cause a further damage, maybe any of you guys can spot a possible explanation to such late crash? Could it be something that is not directly related to that match?

Thanks in advance, you've all been a wonderful help.

Guys, thanks to all the great discussions in this thread, my first fantasy league system with advance panel finally started to look like something playable (yes there are things that don't work, glitches, and weird occurence here and there but so far I'm happy enough with the progress).

HOWEVER, two days before the last match of the season (main cup final), it crashes. I have tried every setting I can think of for that one final match, but it still crashes 2 days before it, I don't really know what else to tweak since every league and other cups have finished their schedules, and without any major problem too.

I used a non-playable nation (Pays-Basque), so I don't think it has anything to do with the in-game nation rule either.

I wonder, before I started to cause a further damage, maybe any of you guys can spot a possible explanation to such late crash? Could it be something that is not directly related to that match?

Thanks in advance, you've all been a wonderful help.

There are many possible reasons this could happen, but my main suspicion would be that it's either date related (not as in a date with a hottie), or it is team selection rated.

Make sure you got the correct settings for the previous round as to who makes it to the next round and which round number that is, and then also cross-check the dates and fixture schedule for the cup. Also, ensure that the Nations update date doesn't happen before the cup final.

If all that is correct, it's a matter of systematically checking everything to see if something's amiss.

----------------

On another note. If anyone, anywhere, has been able to get a cup competition with MORE than 2 stages to record histories, I'd be more than interested in having a look at it. I've been working for 6 days now, trying to get my CFU Champions Cup to record the winners, and I've still come up with nothing.

On another note. If anyone' date=' anywhere, has been able to get a cup competition with MORE than 2 stages to record histories, I'd be more than interested in having a look at it. I've been working for 6 days now, trying to get my CFU Champions Cup to record the winners, and I've still come up with nothing.[/quote']

magic has a file that enables ranking levels for league and group stages

ask him for this and set rankins levels for every team in every stage

magic has a file that enables ranking levels for league and group stages

ask him for this and set rankins levels for every team in every stage

I've been talking to Magic about this problem and between Magic, myself and Veg we are still at a loss as of how to get this done.

I have just now found some interesting tidbits though, but as of yet it hasn't helped me understand what is wrong.

I've been talking to Magic about this problem and between Magic' date=' myself and Veg we are still at a loss as of how to get this done.

I have just now found some interesting tidbits though, but as of yet it hasn't helped me understand what is wrong.[/quote']

that`s odd

i massively used the league and group stages ranking levels in my Brazilian xml and it worked perfectly

Yeah' date=' I've been looking at your file as well, but I don't believe you had any instance in which there is more than two stages to a cup competition.

If you did, I will have to have another look and see if there is any clue in there.[/quote']

Look for Copa Estadual Brasileira - Rio de Janeiro and Copa Estadual Brasileira - São Paulo

they use two group stages and then a cup

The answer to my problem turns out to be very simple and quite embarassing: I carelessly leave the competition as 'domestic division' instead of 'main cup'! I should have thought about it when I saw that the teams had no three-letter name beside them in the draw, I stupidly thought it was a cosmetic glitch to sort out much latter after many significant ones:)

Thanks for the responses so I can move forward and on to other complications now...

Look for Copa Estadual Brasileira - Rio de Janeiro and Copa Estadual Brasileira - São Paulo

they use two group stages and then a cup

I mean, this is so strange... I can't get my head around this issue.

The settings you use - I have tried the exact same settings and it didn't work. I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the seedings now. Because teams are added to the second stage, that did not take part in the first stage. That is the only difference that I could see from your system.

Why that would matter, I don't know...

Has any one managed to change the population value?

I have fond the code so it's viewable but when I change the numbers they shift back to the old value

I don't think so because I have shifted the cities from one nation to another and nothing there must be something I'm missing

This is the code I inserted in the Nation.xml

<!-- Population -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="Npop"/>

<string id="name" value="Population"/>

<flags id="type" value="integer"/>

<integer id="min_value" value="0"/>

<integer id="max_value" value="999999999"/>

</record>

I have made the O-League in my Oceanic File - check it out, there's a thread for it: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=205412

yeah, I know for this one... but I have made my own, not as in real life (there are qualifiers, and each Oceanian country gets place in O-League, some in main stage, some in quals) and I was wondering is it possible to have those stats work for whole tournament, not just qualifying round :)

and also a question: why doesnt Tahitian league work? every other works (I made each in separate, nation rules xmls, but Tahitian never works) :confused:

advpanel.jpg

I have this already showing, but after extracting format.rar (from the Wiki link)into the correct directory, there is an advpanel.rar file within the set of extracted files. It seems to be the same size as the files in format.rar....is it the same file?

Do I need to extract the advpanel also? Even though I have Advanced Panel already like in the screenshot?

I've now tried everything I can imagine to get the competition history recognise 2 champions in one season in my Paraguay file...nothing works :mad:

Maybe it's not possible to do this without some hardcoding. I think I'll give up trying and abandon the project. Don't want to waste all my days trying to sort it out.

It should be, the winner as far as we all know has to have a rank, as do all the other teams.

Why don't you join my TS server and we can discuss this? As I have said before it's better to work together on these issues so we can iron them out and figure out how to use the advanced panel to its full extent.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=208522

I highly doubt it's possible but can you schedule a draft, like the MLS draft?

I've been trying to recreate the MLS for some time now, at first I tried by manually editing XMl but with only limited success. I've recently been trying to use the advanced panel but anything I create with it doesn't show as an editor data file to load...what ever do simply isn't there for selection :(. Anyone have any ideas where I could be going wrong?

I edited a club to a local team. How can I change the club colours? I changed the kits to red & white, but the badge and the colours at the top of the home page are all black. I can't find anywhere in the editor to change it.

I edited a club to a local team. How can I change the club colours? I changed the kits to red & white, but the badge and the colours at the top of the home page are all black. I can't find anywhere in the editor to change it.

This is not an advanced editing question. Just create a text tab in the kits & colours section for your club.

It should be, the winner as far as we all know has to have a rank, as do all the other teams.

Why don't you join my TS server and we can discuss this? As I have said before it's better to work together on these issues so we can iron them out and figure out how to use the advanced panel to its full extent.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=208522

I've given ranking to all the teams and in all the stages as well, changed them many times, tried many combinations, none of these settings will record the opening stage winner in the competition history unless I tick the "don't rank teams using this stage" in all the other stages. And in this instance it ignores the closing stage winner which is not what I want. I guess this problem relates to the one with no competition history recording in cup competitions with more than one stage which some of the other advanced panel users have reported.

I loaded the Argentine league to see how it works with Apertura and Clausura winners, and it records both champions instantly after the stage has been played, and there are 2 champions every season. That's why I thought it might be hardcoded, also because of the average points table.

It also might be that something needs to be activated in the .xmls in the rule group folder but I don't know what. I managed to activate Mid-Season break tab but it didn't help.

I don't have a headset at the moment but I'll see if I can get it cheap somewhere, then I'll join your server :)

Anyway, here's my current file if somebody wants to have a look of it: http://www.filefront.com/16605293/Paraguay.xml

I've been trying to recreate the MLS for some time now, at first I tried by manually editing XMl but with only limited success. I've recently been trying to use the advanced panel but anything I create with it doesn't show as an editor data file to load...what ever do simply isn't there for selection :(. Anyone have any ideas where I could be going wrong?

To get it to show up you need to make a change in the database.

As for the MLS a lot of the code isn't available in the advanced panel - take a look at the league sorting rules in game, they aren't available in the advanced editor.

To get it to show up you need to make a change in the database.

As for the MLS a lot of the code isn't available in the advanced panel - take a look at the league sorting rules in game, they aren't available in the advanced editor.

Cheers mate got my file to work now, just having a look at the various rules to see if I can recreate anyt6hing similar to the MLS..It's looking doubtful though sadly :(

If you keep USA's and MLS version at 1, you might be lucky that most of the rules still will be there.

There's various different options there but none seem MLS specific, there's things like 'Annual Wage except Highest earners" under squad selection rules and also 'MLS Squad' Under Squad selection Value, but I'm still to see how they actually work. But I'll give your suggestion a try, hopefully you're on to something there mate :thup:

Yes I know teh options ain't in the advanced panels. But keepin the nation and the competition at version one should make the game retaining the original rules that are hard coded for the competition. Try to avoid setting any squad selection and fixture rules, and do a test run of a game

Yes I know teh options ain't in the advanced panels. But keepin the nation and the competition at version one should make the game retaining the original rules that are hard coded for the competition. Try to avoid setting any squad selection and fixture rules, and do a test run of a game

Right I've just taken a look. I renamed both versions to 1 and removed all my own squad rules etc and bingo it actually works! The game retained most of the hardcoded rules, designated player slots, squad salaries, international players etc.

The only thing it didn't keep was the Superdraft, but after taking a look in the editor it seems that the Superdraft itself is listed as a competition...so I wonder if I'll be able to keep it by adding it as a competition and keeping it as version 1?

Did you add an Advanced Rule for the Nation USA or did you only create and Advanced Rule for the Competition MLS? Or both? If so just add the Superdraft to the list of competitions the USA runs (in the Nation section) and it should run.

Yeah I've added an advanced rule for both the nation and league itself. I'll try adding it in the competition section and see what happens.

Rigth I've just tried adding the Superdraft in, but sadly the game now runs it as a normal competition with four teams named MLS A, MLS B etc. So no actual draft takes place. Everything else seems to work OK and I've managed to put Philadelphia in the MLS and get them actually playing games and acting exactly like the other MLS clubs.

The table is now a single table though and not split into conferences and I've yet to add any Play-Offs....Is there any way of keeping those kind of rules or would it be a case of me editing them myself? as I don't think it's possible to have Conferences?

Also. I've just noticed some clubs have problems with the annual salary...Galaxy, Houston, Toronto and DC United are all way over budget despite the designated player slots working fine. For some reason all of these teams seem to be given a smaller wage budget than the others...for example Housten are only allowed to spend £798 p/w on wages! No idea what is causing this though :(

I am told that it is not possible to edit the MLS without losing the hardcoded parts like the conferences and the draft. You could however add leagues beneath it, without losing those special parts, but you cannot have promotion and relegation to and from the MLS then.

I believe it was Giziar though, we found a way to change the xml's directly of the Austrian competition, in such a intelligent way, that he still had the Austrian rules active and had his changes working too. So perhaps it is possible like this.

Only thing you can do, is try.

Well I've kept most of the hardcoded rules, things like annual salary, designated player slots, development contracts and generation adidas all work fine...Even the Toronto FC specific rules are working great. It's just the draft and split conferences I'm having a problem with and also the team specific problems I mentioned in my post before.

Rigth I've just tried adding the Superdraft in, but sadly the game now runs it as a normal competition with four teams named MLS A, MLS B etc. So no actual draft takes place. Everything else seems to work OK and I've managed to put Philadelphia in the MLS and get them actually playing games and acting exactly like the other MLS clubs.

The table is now a single table though and not split into conferences and I've yet to add any Play-Offs....Is there any way of keeping those kind of rules or would it be a case of me editing them myself? as I don't think it's possible to have Conferences?

Also. I've just noticed some clubs have problems with the annual salary...Galaxy, Houston, Toronto and DC United are all way over budget despite the designated player slots working fine. For some reason all of these teams seem to be given a smaller wage budget than the others...for example Housten are only allowed to spend £798 p/w on wages! No idea what is causing this though :(

Try to add the superdraft on the competition list under nation, but not add it as a competition with rules etc. should probably work then.

Guest Kikkko987

Hi all!

I'm editing the Eccellenza (6th tier of Italy): is there a way to set a two-leg playoff format? I didn't found anything in the whole thread...

Thanks in advance for this and for all the suggestions! :)

Hi all!

I'm editing the Eccellenza (6th tier of Italy): is there a way to set a two-leg playoff format? I didn't found anything in the whole thread...

Thanks in advance for this and for all the suggestions! :)

Short answer: yes, it's very easy using the advanced panel. When creating the round in the advanced panel, just change "Number of Legs" to two. Then set the dates for each round as you want them. I suspect you aren't using the advanced panel, however.

This is not an advanced editing question. Just create a text tab in the kits & colours section for your club.

I know this probably doesn't belong here but I have searched around and not found anything. I figured it would be better to post here than open a new thread.

Anyway, I got it working but once I played into 2010, my colours changed back to all black again. How do I get it to keep working past the 2009 year?

I wonder if the advanced editor has the capability to process a full double-elimination cup system. It look like it does. But when I've tried to make one, the cup always failed to draw itself any round (that 'cup tree_no room to bye team' error). So far, I have failed to spot any error in my tree (round direction, number of teams added, number of matches etc.), I am willing to do more scan for error, but is anyone here of the opinion that such system is impossible to be processed by the editor? Or did I simply make an obvious mistake? I would love to hear any opinion on this..

Btw, the tree looks more or less like this :

1st - (Single elimination round) 32 teams, 16 winners goes to 2nd round

2nd Round - 128 teams - 112 teams added - 64 matches

3rd Round L - 64 2nd Round losers face each other in this round, losers will go nowhere (-1)

3rd Round W - 64 2nd Round winners will enter this

3rd Round Play off - Winners of 3rd Round L (32) and Losers of 3rd Round W (32) will eliminate each other in this

4th Round W - 32 3rd Round W winners will enter this

4th Round L - Winners of 3rd Round Play-off (32 teams) will enter this

4th Round Play-off - Losers of 4th round W (16 teams) and Winners of 4th Round L (16 teams) will eliminate each other in this

and so on until only two teams left in the competition for a straight final

I've never had that error, so I assume it must be to do with the teams and their selection. If you have 128 teams double check that they are all set to enter at the right rounds, and perhaps try adding in a straight knockout cup first, then add these extra stages in, and see if that works.

Archived