A thread for some advanced editing tips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
array access out of bounds??? magic, u seem like a brilliant guy, u got an answer?

If you have thicked setup date for one of the divisions, then remove this and see what happens..

anyone knows what are Individual Group Rules for? I am confused whit this, game always crashes

If the groups in one stage have different rules, then you use those settings, if the groups have the same rules, then leave this blank..

http://www.2shared.com/file/cJKtjoyI/ALMTEST.html - here you go... any help is very much appreciated!

The database idea is a super league based in england, with different divisions, and a playoff, actually I want every team to play each others once, but I have no Idea how to do that. So For now they only play the division members, then a play-off... But the playoff does not work, and now the league wont even load, No matter what I do...all in all, help is very appreciated.

okay. did not know that.. Gonna take a look at it.. thanks anyway!

Is there any guide on this tool?

EDIT:

Havent tried the file yet, but I see your point know... Nice prize money btw ;)

EDIT2:

It does not work...wont create the database.. VERY ANNOYING!

No guide but I'd like to make one, but as I do not know all the features it could take weeks.

okay.. would be very cool of you if you did... I choose to re-construct it from the beginning, by looking at your DBC.. it works like a charm.. for now... have not added a play off yet.. but I can easily look on your work on my earlier DBC. Thank you!

EDIT: Okay.. I have a problem! I decided to pick Luxembourg as a country instead of england, everything loaded just like planned.. But the league is gone afterwards.. So when the game has created a new game, my league is not there, even though I picked it before creating it. Really strange I must say...

EDIT2: SOLVED

I created an Ecuador league and have been editing this file for a while, it has 4 divisions and over 260 teams. I have been getting this problem and i hope somedody can help me:

When I load the xml file in the editor and select club Patria (5270425) the editor crashes. It hasnt happened with any other team. Any suggestions as to what i might be doing. I have the file in the following link if somebody wants to see it.

http://www.filefront.com/16427445/ecuador10

thanks

Okay.. but.. the earlier link of Stage.xml does not work.. Could you upload yours?

EDIT: Okey.. now after some changes (I still dont have the righ stage.xml, any upload would be appriecated a lot!), I cant load my database, it crashes at the very end of "creating competions and leagues tab" (I dont know if it is the right translation, but you guys get the idea). I guess it is probably related with the missing stage.xml code I need, but if it is not, and one of you out there have similar experiences regarding error at the end of creating competions and leagues, please tell my what caused your error. I will still search for where the error take place, and I will probably solve it soon, but if you share your "similar" experiences I would be glad.

Btw. Is it okay to steal the thread like this, I feel a little bit like a thief! This thread is more for a general discussion I believe. And not for solving my advance edit tool issues. Should I make my own thread?

Okay.. but.. the earlier link of Stage.xml does not work.. Could you upload yours?

EDIT: Okey.. now after some changes (I still dont have the righ stage.xml, any upload would be appriecated a lot!), I cant load my database, it crashes at the very end of "creating competions and leagues tab" (I dont know if it is the right translation, but you guys get the idea). I guess it is probably related with the missing stage.xml code I need, but if it is not, and one of you out there have similar experiences regarding error at the end of creating competions and leagues, please tell my what caused your error. I will still search for where the error take place, and I will probably solve it soon, but if you share your "similar" experiences I would be glad.

Btw. Is it okay to steal the thread like this, I feel a little bit like a thief! This thread is more for a general discussion I believe. And not for solving my advance edit tool issues. Should I make my own thread?

Its a bit of trial and error to begin with, as someone suggested to me earlier, its best to make 1 or 2 changes, save and test the file.

The xml stages code probably wouldnt crash the game loading, only the editor, I had a problem with getting the requirements tab to show, what I had to do was add code in to both the stages file in the main part, and the backup files folder and it worked for me

code should look like

<!-- requirements -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="requirements"/>

<flags id="name_not_translated" value="Requirements"/>

<flags id="type" value="list"/>

<boolean id="is_tab" value="true"/>

<boolean id="is_optional" value="true"/>

code to be added---------> <boolean id="enabled_by_default" value="true"/>

<flags id="hint" value="A list of stages (from this competition or others if specified) that must finish before this stage can be setup"/>

<record id="list_item">

<list id="fields">

<!-- stage id -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="stage"/>

<flags id="name_not_translated" value="Stage"/>

<flags id="type" value="id"/>

<flags id="hint" value="The stage that must finish before this stage is setup"/>

</record>

<!-- optional competition unique id-->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="competition"/>

<flags id="name_not_translated" value="Competition"/>

<flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id"/>

<flags id="database_table_type" value="competition"/>

<flags id="hint" value="The competition to check (if not set, use this competition)"/>

<boolean id="is_optional" value="true"/>

</record>

<!-- check for early finish -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="process_early_finish"/>

<flags id="name_not_translated" value="Check For Early Finish"/>

<flags id="type" value="boolean"/>

<boolean id="default_value" value="false"/>

</record>

</list>

</record>

</record>

You have to give ranking levels at every stage. There was a big discussion about this a few weeks back.

You've only got ranking levels for the semi, 3rd and final rounds. Give all the other rounds a rank for winner and loser and the winner should be recorded.

and what ranking for like team lost in first round?

oh, so if there is total of 30 teams in, and in First round 7 teams are out, their ranking is 24 (in editor 23 as first is 0) ?

Nah - Winner is 0, runner up 1, Semis Loser 2, Quarters Loser 3, Round of 8 Losers 4 and so forth...

Several teams can get the same ranking in a knock-out stage. For groups, all 3rd place would have the same ranking in each group, 4th placed the ranking below the 3rd placed teams...

---------

PS. I'd be interested to check this out when I find the time, as I'm making my own CFU Club Championship file as well (have it working pretty much ok, but it's been pushed back until I finish my T&T Pro League file).

You have to give ranking levels at every stage. There was a big discussion about this a few weeks back.

You've only got ranking levels for the semi, 3rd and final rounds. Give all the other rounds a rank for winner and loser and the winner should be recorded.

It isn't so easy as you say. Select Cup as a type of competition and min. two stages and history won't be recorded even with all rankings set.

It isn't so easy as you say. Select Cup as a type of competition and min. two stages and history won't be recorded even with all rankings set.

Yes it will - but you have to give rankings at all steps.

Some stages require you to activate the code, so for example you need to activate the league and group stage rankings if you want to give ranking levels for these clubs.

But if you do not give the team a rank, the game doesn't know which team has won, so it doesn't create a history.

but how to add ranking in first round? when I add loser ranking, I have to set winner ranking also, so what would be their rank? :confused:

never mind :) I made it... I just set losers ranking as they are, and all winners gave ranking 22 (or sth like that) and it works

nice :)

never mind :) I made it... I just set losers ranking as they are, and all winners gave ranking 22 (or sth like that) and it works

nice :)

It is important, though, that you set the winners ranking to their CURRENT rank in the competition at each stage. So if the losers get rank 5, then the winners would get rank 4. In the next round, the losers of that round would remain at 4, while the winners now have a ranking of 3 and so forth.

I've found that this is necessary for the game to properly account for how the team is doing at any given time. In the wrong circumstances, if you set the winner rank to something like the 22 you suggested, they may go right ahead and sack their manager after winning a cup round or group stage.

So, you need to make sure each stage ranks progressively as it goes on.

Yes it will - but you have to give rankings at all steps.

Some stages require you to activate the code, so for example you need to activate the league and group stage rankings if you want to give ranking levels for these clubs.

But if you do not give the team a rank, the game doesn't know which team has won, so it doesn't create a history.

Unfortunately in Ernies file the ranking levels wasn't enough. I've tested it for him. He had two cup stages, but even with the tried and tested methods, the history wasn't recorded. His file is posted in post 806, it would be good if you and some others could look at it and see if there is a way to fix this.

It is important' date=' though, that you set the winners ranking to their CURRENT rank in the competition at each stage. So if the losers get rank 5, then the winners would get rank 4. In the next round, the losers of that round would remain at 4, while the winners now have a ranking of 3 and so forth.

I've found that this is necessary for the game to properly account for how the team is doing at any given time. In the wrong circumstances, if you set the winner rank to something like the 22 you suggested, they may go right ahead and sack their manager after winning a cup round or group stage.

So, you need to make sure each stage ranks progressively as it goes on.[/quote']

Isn't it better to use the highest ranking and lowest rankin option when setting the winners ranking levels?

It is important' date=' though, that you set the winners ranking to their CURRENT rank in the competition at each stage. So if the losers get rank 5, then the winners would get rank 4. In the next round, the losers of that round would remain at 4, while the winners now have a ranking of 3 and so forth.

So, you need to make sure each stage ranks progressively as it goes on.[/quote']

good... I will, but by now I have simulated 4 editions, and there wasnt any problem with sacking managers... Jamaica havent sacked their manager, even they failed to reach top 16 (which would be, in real life, huge fail)

and one question, is it possible to make some teams appear in specified round (there is only one stage in my game), like make them seeded (as I would like to see Jamaica and T&T appear in round of 16)?

Isn't it better to use the highest ranking and lowest rankin option when setting the winners ranking levels?

Of course, I just forgot/neglected to mention that in my above post. The highest ranking option also needs to be set as well for the winners at a 0 as long as they are in a position to still win the competition.

good... I will, but by now I have simulated 4 editions, and there wasnt any problem with sacking managers... Jamaica havent sacked their manager, even they failed to reach top 16 (which would be, in real life, huge fail)

and one question, is it possible to make some teams appear in specified round (there is only one stage in my game), like make them seeded (as I would like to see Jamaica and T&T appear in round of 16)?

See my above response to Veg. That could be the reason no managers were sacked - as well as why the Jamaican federation didn't realize that not reaching the top 16 was a huge fail. Make sure every available option has been set when creating any competition - there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes of which much we don't even realize. You also need to set the ranking events for the cup, to tell the game what each ranking actually means.

As for your Jamaica and Trinidad seeding issue... is the whole tournament a knock-out tournament, or is it a group stage first, after which the round of 16 starts?

If a straight knock-out, make sure you have Jamaica and Trinidad at the top of the list of teams for the competition. Then at the first round in "ADD TEAMS TO THIS STAGE" you put the number of remaining teams, minus those two. Then, at the round of 16 you add 2 more teams - which should then become Jamaica and Trinidad as long as you haven't randomized the order of teams or anything.

If group stage comes first - just don't include Jamaica and Trinidad in the group stage, and when selecting teams for the second stage (knock-out) you choose Jamaica and Trinidad specifically + qualified teams from stage.

Good luck.

Can I ask a potentially stupid question? My brain isn't awake right now and I'm very confused.

- If I use the advanced panels, do I still need the standard 'nation rules' added, or will this overwrite them providing I create it properly?

- If this is the case, which things need to be activated/set just to get a basic league working?

:confused:

If I can work this out, hopefully I can add the missing stages to the Cypriot league. I need a basic league of 14 teams where each team plays 2 games, then there is a 4 way split, with 1-4, 5-8 and 9-12 going into a new round of fixtures against each other and 13-14 being relegated. Can this be done?

oh, and how do the index/IDs work?

Hi I'm making a new cup competition for my 20 made-up teams.

I want a league format followed by KO rounds (a bit like champions league)

Here are the screenshots of my set-up:

General Rules:

auctiongeneral.jpg

Cup Rounds:

auctioncuprounds.jpg

What the problem is:

auctiontestnr.jpg

Could you help to see if I have done anything really stupid :thup:

Thanks

This question is posted in the wrong thread, this thread is for those who use the advanced panels, not the nations rules. You should post in the general editing thread.

Anyway the answer for this question is quite obvious, have a look at the end date for the group stage, and then have a look at the date for the first cup round....

This is not an advanced editor issue, but I'll answer you anyway.

If you read the info on that error box, and then check the dates you have set, you would find the problem quite easily.

Your group stage ends on 19.5.2010

The cup rounds starts on 20.1.2010

Kind of hard for the cup rounds to begin before the group stage has ended.

(Talk about posting at the same time...)

Hmm I got all rankings done in my Yugoslav cup but the teams who are playing it don't line in their strongest players so what could I be doing wrong because the leagues are working properly only the cup thing is bugging me

EDIT

Found what was doing wrong so it's fixed now to test my 6 tier Yugoslav league structure

Archived