A thread for some advanced editing tips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could you provide the database, this way maybe someone could look at it and pinpoint the issue?

yeah I can. I prefer sending it in private so if anyone is interested, please say so :)

The plot thickens though. I played through another season and now the rules state differently.

So to sum up:

1st season: qual was depending on the Cup. 1st and 2nd got Qual for Euro Cup while winner of the cup got qual to Euro too. No entries into ECC.

2nd season: Qual is still depending on the cup but now 1st get into ECC while 2nd-4th get qual to Euro Cup.

I guess this could mean that because the nation is brand new, they don't get any qualifiers for ECC in the first season.

I can also see that the nation coefficients now say that the nation has 1 ECC and 3 EC spots.

edit: unfortunately when I look at the team winning the league, they are still only being entered into the Euro cup and not the ECC. :(

It could be done with the advanced panels.. You just need to start trying to do this.. Download the leagues uploade on page 5 of this thread, and use the as a tutorial. They will give you most of the answers.

I need some help...

It's quite annoying to notice that every time I get about 6 years into the game most Dutch clubs are full of 35 year-old Brazilians and other foreign. To do something about this I'm trying to implement a rule in the Dutch leagues which would require a minimum of 6 of the first 11 to be trained in Holland. I understand that to do this I have to completely recreate the Dutch leagues. This is not so much a problem, but what is annoying is that after doing this there are no longer any under 19 or reserve teams for Dutch clubs and no under 19 or reserve competitions either. It would be a pain to have to create reserve and u19 teams for every club and set up competitions for them. So I'm hoping someone can tell me if there is an easier way to get this homegrown player rule for the Dutch leagues.

If you are using nation rules, you can set up these leagues very easily. In the General section you'll probably have a blank box for First Reserve/Youth Team, just tick this box to activate reserves. Another will come up below, tick that for your U19's. You can then choose the default match day and times.

Can anyone help me set up conferences properly. I'm trying to make a realistic Cuban league and I have it working as a straight 16 team league with a championship playoff, but the way it works in real life is that the 16 teams all play each other but are grouped in 4 conferences of 4 teams each. The top two in each conference then goes on to the playoffs. It's a bit like the way the MLS works in RL. I noticed earlier screenshots that showed a similar system working and people had suggested how to do it (having the league as a hidden stage and processing results into the next), but I can't get it to work.

Any help would be gratefully received!

I was actually attempting that just now. I assume you could get it to work. In the advanced panels there is an option called Hidden Stage where the actually league table doesn't show up anywhere but the results are processed into another league stage. You could have the results feed into a group stage, just like MLS.

But to do this you need to use the advanced panels, and it would take days of testing. I did a quick test but got array access out of bounds. If you decide to do it, good luck, you'll need it!

To be honest we could use SI support here, seeing as these options we see in the advanced panels are the rules that are in the game, they must use this. Surely they could help us create some competitions using these panels just as they do.

magicmastermind124 - the dreaded access array out of bounds, I keep getting it loads and it's starting to get to the point where I'm considering adding the phrase to my everyday vocabulary! My league is all set up using the advanced panels already and runs like a dream as a straight 16 team competition, but getting it to process into groups is harder than it may appear. If you have any luck, let me know. I'll keep trying but if anyone else knows how to do this...

Can anyone help me set up conferences properly. I'm trying to make a realistic Cuban league and I have it working as a straight 16 team league with a championship playoff, but the way it works in real life is that the 16 teams all play each other but are grouped in 4 conferences of 4 teams each. The top two in each conference then goes on to the playoffs. It's a bit like the way the MLS works in RL. I noticed earlier screenshots that showed a similar system working and people had suggested how to do it (having the league as a hidden stage and processing results into the next), but I can't get it to work.

Any help would be gratefully received!

StevenPH1987 had set up a league like that a couple of pages back, so it is possible. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to come into this thread anymore, so I guess it is all by trying and testing.

If you are using nation rules, you can set up these leagues very easily. In the General section you'll probably have a blank box for First Reserve/Youth Team, just tick this box to activate reserves. Another will come up below, tick that for your U19's. You can then choose the default match day and times.

Thanks, hadn't noticed that yet:D

StevenPH1987 had set up a league like that a couple of pages back, so it is possible. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to come into this thread anymore, so I guess it is all by trying and testing.

The bit about me not coming here much is due to having too much coursework for my masters degree and 2 web design contracts.

That league was buggy at best... It didn't do what I wanted it to do (bottom of each group relegated to different league... it can do to same league if you set it up like that though and will work fine. - But you have to have some matches in the hidden group otherwise it will crash e.g. for 16 teams - play each other twice = 30 games plus play teams in own group twice = 36 total. You can't not play teams in same group separately or it will crash.

I will post the XML I had for that later if people want it.

The bit about me not coming here much is due to having too much coursework for my masters degree and 2 web design contracts.

That league was buggy at best... It didn't do what I wanted it to do (bottom of each group relegated to different league... it can do to same league if you set it up like that though and will work fine. - But you have to have some matches in the hidden group otherwise it will crash e.g. for 16 teams - play each other twice = 30 games plus play teams in own group twice = 36 total. You can't not play teams in same group separately or it will crash.

I will post the XML I had for that later if people want it.

YEs, a copy of that XML would be very handy, if it's possible.

I have a problem with the Nigerian Federation cup, I thought it was going to be difficult but do able with the advanced panel . The setup in the cup is that there are played state cups in every state, and finalist of the state cups qualify to the Federation cup. I've done all state cups, 37 of them, and added the Federation cup. telling the Federation cup to pick the last winner and last runner up of each of the state cups.

The problem is that the Federation cup don't start, as it don't find the clubs to enter the competition. The state cups finnish in april and the past winners screen are updated. The federation cup starts in June, but still they don't pick the teams into the competition. Is there someone that could help me out and tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I'm supposed to do?

Hi guys,

Quick question....

In the advanced panel when you set up squad rules, I have set up a maximum squad salary cap. Is there any way to make it so one player is exempt from the cap? Like how the Hyundai A-League have a Marquee player or MLS have designated players, these are exempt from the cap and can be paid as much as the team wishes.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

The bit about me not coming here much is due to having too much coursework for my masters degree and 2 web design contracts. I will post the XML I had for that later if people want it.

I didn't mean to criticise you Steven, as you have posted that you don't have to much time these days. I was just trying to let people know that they might have to do the work finding soultions them self. Anyway would be lovely if you share your xml.

Mrt90: Not yet. Need to get some stuff fixed first.

Ok, got the basics of a Scottish Junior League structure, with automatic promotion/ relegation set up very basically

Few quick questions

1) For some promotions I require a promotion/relegation playoff between the 3rd bottom team in one league and the 3rd top team in the division below. How can you do this?

2) Is it possible to place relegated teams by region?

Different ways of doing number 1, depending on if you're using Nation Rules or the advanced panel. There is a distinct playoff option in the nation rules in the editor to do this fairly simply. For number 2, it takes a bit of fiddling in terms of setting up regional divisions for each team (what league would they be in at each level) and regional boundaries for each league. Even then, it's not an exact science and the game will tend to allocate teams approximately.

i'm having some problems when doing a league that uses a group stage then a league stage

i can't set up this correctly on advanced panel

there are 20 teams divided into 4 groups .. the top two of each qualify for the next stage

i tried using the qualifications box as well as the "get league stage teams" but i get an 'array acess out of bounds' when loading the database of the save

can you help me?

that's why i asked Veg for his nigerian xml

Different ways of doing number 1, depending on if you're using Nation Rules or the advanced panel. There is a distinct playoff option in the nation rules in the editor to do this fairly simply. For number 2, it takes a bit of fiddling in terms of setting up regional divisions for each team (what league would they be in at each level) and regional boundaries for each league. Even then, it's not an exact science and the game will tend to allocate teams approximately.

I'm using advanced panel. Promotion and Relegation works fine for top 2 and bottom 2, they swap every season no problem. Its creating a promotion/relegation playoff thats got me stuck, I don't know whether its best to add an extra stage or what?

i'm having some problems when doing a league that uses a group stage then a league stage

i can't set up this correctly on advanced panel

there are 20 teams divided into 4 groups .. the top two of each qualify for the next stage

i tried using the qualifications box as well as the "get league stage teams" but i get an 'array acess out of bounds' when loading the database of the save

can you help me?

that's why i asked Veg for his nigerian xml

You see Mrt90 my file won't help you with this problem as I don't have this set up in my file. The only thing I can think of is that you have the Set up date thicked for the competition. This should be removed.

After thinking long and hard about expanding from the New Zealand file I have completed I will be releasing it under a new thread later today. It will be called Oceanic Leagues, as I will eventually expand the file to include the other O-League nations.

I will initially be concerned with top flight competitions, following that I will attempt lower divisions.

hey, guys

great news on building my brazilian real competitions

i managed to get the groups stage than league stage thing correctly on game

but, this is just a sthetyc issue, the green bar for top two qualified teams doesn't appear nor the "Q" next to them

although the correct teams are classified for next stage

how can i correct that?

Hi guys,

Quick question....

In the advanced panel when you set up squad rules, I have set up a maximum squad salary cap. Is there any way to make it so one player is exempt from the cap? Like how the Hyundai A-League have a Marquee player or MLS have designated players, these are exempt from the cap and can be paid as much as the team wishes.

I would imagine so, but there isn't an option in the editor to do so. You might have to write the xml code for it, and I don't think anyone here knows what that is. Maybe SI could help.

G, promotion/relegation doesn't work

i hate celebrating early

yeah, i've set fate actions and other things ...

guys, could you check the xml and see what i'm doing wrong?

i have to go to college now

hope i get some contributions for the time being

http://www.4shared.com/document/xW3rZ4-i/Brasil_1031.html

thanks

Firstly I looked at your work and it is almost perfect. I think with more time this could be the best file being made for FM2010 right now :)

I think I have fixed the file. I tested it once and promotion and relegation worked, but only for Serie A and B. I found my mistake and testing again. I'll upload the file for you once it works. Bear in mind I only want the promotion and relegation to work then you're having the file back, otherwise I might have the urge to make it all for you! ROFL

I added league fates to allow for champions to be made and for promotions and relegations to occur for all leagues.

Hi guys,

Quick question....

Under the "Overall Squad Rules" there are quite a few of the MLS rules (no DP rule) and the "annual salary except highest earner and loans" (which I believe is the A-league rule for the most part). I haven't tested any of these so I'm not sure if any of them work. I'll start testing some of them in my lower leagues when I get to them this week. I'm still trying to work out the kinks in my fantasy US/Canada league (lots of silly little bugs that I keep finding).

Veg - in the case of Mrt90's league, why do you reckon that the "setup date" shouldn't be ticked? Is this what tends to cause access array out of bounds errors? I'd assumed that it was needed for the game to know when to start...

The setup date is some way related to the array acces out of bounds error. I posted this in a earlier post. If this is unthicked the game uses tha nations season update day to set the competitions up.

Hey guys. with the xml parsing error, i just keep getting it, have narrowed it down to contracts but don't know why.

I set up, A-League, FFA Cup, A Super Cup and Youth league. I added the youth players to their teams and saved. Tested and worked fine.

I then added 5 new players to Adelaide United, removed their released players and changed the contracts of their squad, based on June expiries, eg 30.6.2010. I didn't edit contracts from other clubs.

Loaded game and same error, I don't understand why it reads out a line below the end of the text, and if I delete this line I still get the error. I have uploaded editor data below, could someone look at it and tell me what the problem is? Thanks and would be very appreciative as this is annoying me.

http://www.filefront.com/16268479/heart3.xml

Veg - now I understand what you mean about the setup date box being ticked. However, if the nation doesn't have any predefined rules set by the game (obscure countries, for example), it therefore needs to be ticked, right? On that point, for continental competitions, it doesn't?

Hey guys. with the xml parsing error, i just keep getting it, have narrowed it down to contracts but don't know why.

I set up, A-League, FFA Cup, A Super Cup and Youth league. I added the youth players to their teams and saved. Tested and worked fine.

I then added 5 new players to Adelaide United, removed their released players and changed the contracts of their squad, based on June expiries, eg 30.6.2010. I didn't edit contracts from other clubs.

Loaded game and same error, I don't understand why it reads out a line below the end of the text, and if I delete this line I still get the error. I have uploaded editor data below, could someone look at it and tell me what the problem is? Thanks and would be very appreciative as this is annoying me.

http://www.filefront.com/16268479/heart3.xml

As it stands now is that you have identified approximately when the error occurs. The case is now that the only way to identify your problem is by doing change by change and test after each change. I've looked at the file now and to be honest I can't find an error, so this down to micro editing and testing.

Do one change (f.ex add one player), save the file as filename (1).xml test in game. If the errors occurs, then there is something wrong with this player. Check all the changes you have done to this player. If no errors occur then do the next player and test again.

Do this for every player you have added or changed contract for and you will find the error. My guess though is that it's the end dates of the contracts as they normally end in May for the A-league.

thanks, magic

i saw promotion/relegation didn't work too on the Polish xml someone put here days ago

and it was almost like my competition ... more than one stage for a league

maybe the problem is that or we haven't reached de right point yet

EDIT: I got it, guys. I had to tick the promotion box of the first stage and set promotion places to zero. Then put minimum and maximum overall promotion places to four. Next few weeks i'll upload the xml. It takes a long time as i have to make more than 50 competitions.

I agree with Magic, this is great Mrt90. You are doing a great job developing the knowledge of the advanced panels. I just wish I could figure out my trouble with the cup structure I want to create...

Archived