A thread for some advanced editing tips

Sounds like some more testing is going to be needed from now on. It makes sense that the rankings and the competitiveness are linked. But to get that to work alongside the media rankings could be tricky.

Yeah - EXTENSIVE testing is required, I've found. My previous mention was obvious again... and once more it is Caledonia AIA that's involved... this time they sacked their manager, while in second place in the league... I mean - If I'm managing them and this happens to me while playing, I'd be infuriated!

But, I still have hope for my idea which I will test next (won't mention what that is until I've tried it... so I don't make myself look stupid :D )

And... the fact that Caledonia AIA has been involved in this finding each time... that gives me further encouragement that my theory is on the right train of thought...

One more thing to add, in my post I talked about ranking levels and leagues. Cup is something totally different.

Yeah, I figured that. Stay tuned for my findings after the next test.

-----------

Fixed the Reserves/Youths - but only by using Mirror Main Division AND Copy Schedule From Main Division.

If one wants to use Regional Divisions... well, I just don't know.

Still, this worked even though not all teams were used from the divisions (Joe Public and others have "B" squads, which apparently prevents Reserves...). Equal number of matches played, and two rounds as I wanted.

------------

On a side note - Is there a limit of 3 teams including the main team? Joe Public has the Main Team, Super League Team, Amateur Team (which plays in the Regional Divisions), Reserve Team and Youth Team in real life. However, the game won't even give them a Youth Squad, because they have a B and a C team... And, yes, I've made sure that "Does not have any youth/reserves fixtures" is un-ticked on the team competitions page.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You coould work around the B squads problem. If you create B-squads the way Barcelona and Real Madrid has set up the reserve sqauds in the game. Wich is creating the B teams as a feeder club with the same board and players move freely thicked. I did this when I created a league with the nation rules. In the end One of the clubs had 4 teams. Feeder B team, reserve team and u-20 team.

Thanks - didn't think of that, but I think I will give that a go later on (when I get to the stage of fixing up the teams and squads). Right now, I just need to get everything to work as it should.

One more thing about the Reserves/Youths - I am pretty sure (though not tested yet) that one needs to set up different Fixture Rules index (no need for Discipline, as most often a red card in the reserves would make them banned for the main league as well). Otherwise they'll be restricted to using First Team squad registration rules... meaning the reserves themselves cannot be used, unless registered for the First Team.

You should test that solution with one team first, then you can check if the reserve team are entered into the reserve league. If it does, then do the rest of the teams.

Nah... I'm not sure that I can find the solution to this. (Strange sackings and the No Media Predictions issue - which I strongly suspect are related)

Any ideas are welcome, so I can try some things out. Here's what I'm working on...

The league rankings has got to have something to do with it - possibly the ranking events as well.

I've tried filling out all the fields - Table Position, Current Ranking, Highest Ranking, Lowest Ranking.

I guess there is some question remaining on what would be the appropriate way to interpret these settings as well.

Let's put our genius heads together and see if we can figure out the items below: Table Position, Current Rank, Highest Rank and Lowest Rank. I don't think it's as easy as one might think.

Table Position: Surely the current place that a team currently occupies in the stage - or is it an indication of the position that a team holds AFTER the particular stage has completed?

Current Rank: Again - the rank the team holds if placed in Table Position at the current time... or at the end of the stage? But, if at end of stage... then why two separate fields as they would then mean the same... Only if more than one stage is used in a league would this field come into play, right? Well, I got one of each - one league with only one stage, and another with three stages. If multiple stages, it would make sense to set what a team that finishes in a certain position can achieve MIN and MAX after this, and what their CURRENT rank should be. Like in my case with the Top 6, Finishing the Regular season in the top six would mean you could finish anywhere between 0-5 after the completion of the competition - while the bottom teams who do not play any more are locked to the current positions after the completion of the Regular Season Stage.

This is what I've been operating on here... but it still doesn't seem 100% right.

Highest/Lowest Rank: Now, this is actually where things seem to get a little more tricky. How to interpret this? Default sets it to the Current Rank, according to text. Now in my above example of multiple stages that would mean that with (say) a top 6 type of stage following a regular season stage, one would set (in the Regular Season Stage settings) the top five teams, ranked 0-5, to have a current rank of same as current position (?), Highest Rank of 0 (win the league) and lowest rank of 5 (can't drop below the 6th spot). This setting seems logical to me... but teams were still firing managers in the top 5.

Also - in the second division, which only has the one stage - there is the same problem... teams in a good position to win the league sack their managers, or they are insecure.

I'd appreciate some input here, as one mind can get stuck in the same train of thought, and miss something that may be obvious to someone else... and I desperately need to solve this issue, as I don't want to release (or play) any leagues where managers are sacked for no apparent reason.

---------------

Ok, my latest test didn't reveal anything obviously wrong - but there were still some questionable situations. But, without the media predictions present it's hard to know what should be expected of the teams.

Couple of managers over two years got sacked, despite never even being insecure. However, they were towards to bottom of the leagues. One was only a couple of points away from the top 6, but that may be a shortcoming of the game itself that it doesn't recognize how close to achieving what is expected they are.

Still unable to find a way to get the Media Predictions back, though.

Finally I got the relegation/promotion playoff working, just had the main stage name where the sub stage name should have been :rolleyes:

I got the Media Predictions working, too. I put ranking levels on the competition tab individually for every position (ie Ranking 0, No. Teams 1, Type Competition winner, etc.). I also have main stage names set but don't know if they are relevant.

So, the Paraguay file is now almost done. I just have to figure out how I can get opening and closing stage winners to register in the competition history. It's either closing stage or regular season winners that shows in competition history, but not both; and opening stage winners are not registered. Any advice on this?

When you select the stage you have to specify what teams to get, you can give the teams seedings in that section.

I'm still getting L2 and L1 teams in the qualifying round, even though I specified which leagues they should get teams from for each stage.

I have some good news/progress update:

No Media Prediction Issue Fixed: I've found the key to getting the Media Predictions back after adding the rankings to leagues. Well, I did two things and it made it work, so I haven't exactly narrowed it down to the one thing that is required - but my strong suspicion is that it is the first thing I'll list here. Don't really want to mess around too much now that I got it to work, so I'm not going to test for sure which was the key to success.

1. There is a tab on the competition screen named "League Team Order". I've been wondering about that one for some time, as if you click add you get a 'Teams(0)' field... and there is nothing you can do or edit with that. However - I believe this is the indicator that assigns the ranking orders to the teams, sort of. Apparently - it is important that you add one of those on that screen, as I'm positively sure that is what brought the Media Predictions back, and quite certainly allowed for the game to understand a teams performance in the league better and prevent unrealistic sackings.

I don't know whether or not one should add it to cup competitions as well. I haven't noticed anything strange going on in the cups, but I'll probably try it later on just to see what it may do. It may be required for the boards to realistically expect how your team should perform in the cups... make it to quarter finals - win it all, enjoy the experience... I've added a manager a couple of times, and I've not seen anything but "board expects you to win the cup"... Further investigation here is required.

2. Instead of assigning the ranking "events" like 1-5 "Top Half Of The Table", I split them up and used only one league position per entry... 1 = Top Half Of The Table, 2 = Top half of the table... instead of grouping them together.

Either way... it now works as it should!

I got the Media Predictions working, too. I put ranking levels on the competition tab individually for every position (ie Ranking 0, No. Teams 1, Type Competition winner, etc.). I also have main stage names set but don't know if they are relevant.

Ok... looks like we're all posting at the same time.

So, you didn't set the League Teams tab option?

That means that my suggestion #2 was obviously the key...

Question remains, then - what does that League Team Order tab do???

I've got a small question. I made a small cup which is two-staged (set as Cup, not as Club Finals etc.) and history is never stored. I tried to use setup date, all mentioned tricks with ranking levels, but with no success. Has anyone made similar competition (multi staged cup) and have history written?

Ok... looks like we're all posting at the same time.

So' date=' you didn't set the League Teams tab option?

That means that my suggestion #2 was obviously the key...

Question remains, then - what does that League Team Order tab do???[/quote']

I believe this is for international competitions, and much of the code is definitely not in any of the rule group xml's.

As SI need to get the correct league team order for qualification rounds etc, they probably do it through this tab.

Whether there is another use for this remains to be found out.

(I may be wrong in my assumption)

Stage 0 - Group

Stage 1 - Group

Stage 2 - Cup

What am i supposed to do?

You have to activate the ranking levels for the groups in stage.xml. If you don't know hos, contact Magic. Then add Ranking levels for every team in every stage.

Anyone help me?

Is it possible to set squad registration for:

a) only players over a certain age?

b) only players on pro contracts?

You can set powerful fixture rules and you should be able to meet point A. For point B, you might have to change your pro contract to a Full contract, as that is what appears in the options.

is it possible to create competition with groups, that is hosted by one country? I am thinking of creating international competitions, but that are held in one country?

and also, is it possible to change curretn WC qualifying system... I changed Oceanian, but after Asian Quals are over (stage before play-off with Oceanian teams) game crashed..

for this first... I succeeded... I have recreated Gold Cup... and it is played in USA, but never mind - 1 group of four teams, two stadiums... I am on trail how to change other competitions, like OFC Cup, or make CAN in it's real schedule, and not that 4 groups are played on same day... or make Euro as 24 team format

How do you get the stadium rules to work?

in league schedule, I add offset days, and add stadiums, for example stadium 0 for one match, for other match stadium 1 etc... I thought so during during last night (I couldnt get to sleep) and I tried this... and it works

It seems like you have found the solution for this, but does this mean that the competition is played in the same country and stadiums everytime it is arranged?

It seems like you have found the solution for this, but does this mean that the competition is played in the same country and stadiums everytime it is arranged?

this with Gold Cup works, but always in USA :( ... its like hardcoded... I am now working on OFC Nations cup, and Ill let you know if it workds

I'm still struggling with competition history not recording correctly. How can I make the game understand that I want BOTH Apertura AND Clausura winners to show in competition history?

I've ticked Store League History in Apertura and Clausura and unticked it in Regular Season stage. I've tried setting league rankings in many different ways but no success. What else there is that could have effect on storing competition history?

I guess I'll have to leave it like it is now and only record Regular Season in the competition history. It's far from ideal but I'm running out of ideas...

I have one question.

I am currently playing a world league made by others.However,this world league has a problem.This world league is located in England,so starting from the second year,the European Champion Cup begins to include only four teams in the world league's division one and many inferior teams from the leagues around the world.

So,my question is,can I change the European Champion Cup to include more teams from England so that the Champion Cup will not become boring?

Have you thicked the top teams are champions in both stages?

Yes I have. And I have it unticked in Regular Season stage. Top teams are shown as champions in both Opening and Closing stage tables, and in the team's landmarks it says team are Paraguayan First Division champions. BUT in the competition history it only records either Closing stage or Regular Season winner, runner up and 3rd.

okay, I have a problem.. I made this fantasy league, with all the major clubs in the world. The league contains 193 teams to be precise, and when I load it it all goes well. BUT, when I select one of the lower ranked teams, such as one of my favourite teams who play at the far bottom of the league system, their players are gone, most of them, and the new players are bad regens. So... I go back and check how many players got loaded while creating the database. 10 000 it says, and I picked a large database, and loaded all players in my fantasy leagues country (india). But for some reason it only loads 10 000 players from the 193 clubs. thats like 51 players from each club.. Which sounds all good. But of course the database loads players who does not play in this super league. And my question is, how do I make the game load every single player from every team in my league, including reserves, youth squads. I DONT KNOW. And probably it is not possible! But I guess someone here maybe knows.

Can I specify which teams in the game before creating a databsae?

that ddt file thing sounds interesting, Can I make one that forces the game to load all teams in specific divisions? Some help to start would be great!

EDIT:

maybe there is a limit that u only could load 10000 players from one country, then it should be changeable! Or am I completely wrong on that one!

Norrbacka this is not a advanced editor question, but I'll answer it anyway. When you start a new game, instead of choosing small or large database, choose custom and add whatever players you want into the game..

Yeh.. i read the topic wrong, I thougth It was for "advanced question", while scrolling throughout the thread I found out there is an extension, which only made me happier. But, it still does not help my problem. Neither does any changes I do in the custom section of the game. I think the reason, is that It is not possible to load more than 10 000 players from one nation. And I have more players than that in my league! I gonna search for that ddt thing, I think that is the only way.

Don't think there is a limit. I tested the game loading all staff from all nations. In the end I think I had 200 000 players loaded. Consideing some countries don't have to many players in the DB, several nations must have had more than 10 000

yeh maybe there is some bug because I choose India as the country to have the league. Anyways, I fixed it with the DTT generator that I found somewhere in this forum... To bad I just wanna work on something else now, when I found out of this advance tool extension.

I've asked before.

In the European Champion Cup,can the number of teams from england be increased?

As I'm playing a world league located in england,I would like 16 teams from world league's division one and 8 teams from world league's division two to enter the european champion cup.

okay, I made this big groupstage based league now, and it loads very good, BUT... (as always).. there are some troubles. None of the teams are selectable as a manager, so I can watch the league proceed but not manage any time in it. I guess I missed marking some box somewhere, but anyone here could please tell me why it does not work!

btw. the earlier stage.xml file link, does not work anymore, plz reupload!

Archived