A-League Expansion

ruttiger_ruttiger

It's only NZ that is the problem, and the only reason i wanted to include them was so i had a new challenge by the time the game got to 2020-2030 (i only ever play australia, england and united states leagues). I am seriously considering ditching the NZ league altogether though. Good riddance to bad rubbish and all that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That works fine for the attendances figures, however by increasing the population figures it seems to increase the amount of merchandise revenue. And it seems to put greater demand on ticket prices (my income from season tickets has exploded over the years without any stadium expansion). And i think the higher the population the more regens that are created from the region and hence a better chance for a wonder kid to be created.

In 7.0 i remembered being able to change the country populations, which was removed. In that data England had a population of only 50000 people. The US was smallish too. And i think australia had about 10 million. The figures were screwey.

Moral of the story...Queensland Roar draws support from the whole state as the only Qld team, hence should have a population available to it of 4 million. Melbourne as the only vic team should be about 5 million. Sydney would be about 4 million etc. Newcastle closer to 500,000. Perth would be about 3 million as the only wa team. 2 million for adelaide. I went a little bit crazier but there is a method to the madness.

Can someone help me please!

I'm trying to make the A-League based on the two tier, twelve team system of Israel. I have changed the Israel Leagues to all the Australian teams I want, changed those Australian teams back to Australian (it changes them when you swap them), then I've changed the nationality of the Israel Leagues to Australia. But to play with these Leagues, I have to still choose Israel!?

Any help? What have I done wrong? How am I meant do to this?

Originally posted by ruttiger_ruttiger:

in the under editor open up the nations of Australia and Israel...swap the Three Letter Abbreviations so that Israel is AUS and Australia is ISR (or whatever it actually is).

Thanks! Just gone through and done that...we'll see what happens!

I've made some complex changes, so I'm waiting for some crashes....I'll let you know!

It doesn't look great for my experiment working...

Basically, my A-League works 100%. I have a two tier A-League, with both tiers having twelve sides.

The old A-League is now the New Zealand Premier league.

They both work 100% (altho Im yet to check continental qualification)

Then I tried to give all of the A-League sides U19s sides, that would play in their own league...I put them all in the Singaporean League, along with the academy/institute sides.

To get this league to work, I obviously have to make the Singapore league one of my selected Leagues icon_frown.gif Because I can't make Australias three letter name ISR and SIN (or whatever singapore is) icon_frown.gif...

This also means that there is two "Australias" in the world menu...

Also, no fixtures appear in the U19s side fixture list, but they have games to play, if I click on the Singapore/Australian Youth league and the dates of the games.

I'm fast forwarding (on holiday) onw to see how the game handles htis youth comp (esp. regens), and also to see what happens with continental qualification....Im guessing that sides winning my youth league may also qualify..if this is the case, I dont tihnk it is a major worry to have an Australian U19s side ALSO through to the Asian Champs League (surely Singapore dont get many qualifiers?)..

I'm taking away my Singaporean Australian Youth League experiment...

However, I've decided, I may instead move New Zealand to a different League (instead of hte 8 team A-League), and add a Tongan Club, Samoan Club, New Caledonian club, Solomon club PLUS all of the Institute and Academy sides from Australia...

Originally posted by Alex-sKIp_E:

Just noticed, that the Israeli League part of Australia, has Under 19s...Can someone tell me if this is usually the case...There is LOADS of U19 sides from all over Australia. Basically every Australian side is listed....

This is the case. I had this when I swapped them in FM07. So no point doing your whole Singapore league swap thing.

Originally posted by DS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alex-sKIp_E:

Just noticed, that the Israeli League part of Australia, has Under 19s...Can someone tell me if this is usually the case...There is LOADS of U19 sides from all over Australia. Basically every Australian side is listed....

This is the case. I had this when I swapped them in FM07. So no point doing your whole Singapore league swap thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, so now June 28th 2008 my game crashes...I was running just my Australian (israel) league, and New Zealand (Australian League).

Im guessing that this is a league update date? So thats caused the crash.

Changed a few small things, and tried running with JUST Australia, not NZ, seeing if it crashes again..

Reading that last post by Alex-sKip_E maybe the reason New-Zealand stuffs up on Ruttiger's database is because there hasnn't been a New Zealand team to come up for the team that has been relegated (in my case, Gisbourne City). So effectively we need another NZ team to make it work. I'll try it on Thursday when my exams are finished.

I tried doing that soupaman and then the league wasn't selectable. I created some fifty odd teams (all reasonably researched) but there were problems with the metropolitan and interior division (i think that what they were called). Then based off an idea by a guy named Erol i swapped into India and had a working league with promotions and relegations (in fact far better than the original creation). I also then tried swapping those into Colombia (which is an easy league to swap btw) and again had several working tiers but no oceania comp.

However i am still stuck in being unable to play the Oceania Club Championship. It's a strange one.

I think it may have something to do with the Australian National Football League in the database (original that is) which is set as being Oceanic even though it isn't played (could also be the qualification cup). Another thing i have looked at is placing teams in the comp and seeding them, but that hasn't worked either on several combinations.

Hence i am at a loss atm. Any suggestions, or has anybody had a playable oceanic league with a playable oceanic club champs in FM07?

If the only problem was the Oceania club championship I could live with that. I just want an Australian league that runs well like the Singapore one you created. I don't really care too much about varous cups, realism or promotion/relegation (however they all make it much more interesting).

I have given up.

Will tidy up what i have already created.

I also think i will swap New Zealand into Asia (maybe with East Timor) so that at least that league has some continental competition.

Will test it, update graphics (probably get a nz logo pack done) and then post in a bout a week or so i think. Will also add some teams to the singapore swap due to the relegation in 2009 known unknown.

well, I've hit a bit of a brick wall.

Everytime I run the game on holiday mode it works fine till around 2025, then it starts telling me there are too many variables and chucks a wobly. it will still play on, but every month or so it shrinks down, gives me the variables complaint which you have to click OK to around 30 times then it will let you play on.

does anyone know why it would do this? i thought i finally had it up and running.

the aussie league was going great (for some reason Sydney and the Roar struggle and end up getting relegated after 5 years or so, but always come straight back up), the new NZ comp was working fine, even had a new comp for the Oceanic nations (used Singapore). The Club Championship even worked fine

if i just work this out i can put in up for download.

From my experience, regens are generally based on a few things: The MAJOR factor is that nationality of the team.

Other factors can be the nationality of current players and staff in the team (esp. in bigger clubs, like the UK. If you get a few Aussie players, u get more aussie regens), and nationality of the league.

The MAIN factor is the clubs nationality tho...

Adam: Your league does use all the real clubs, plus a couple of fantasy Oceanic, and Australian clubs, right?

I've lost a bit of interest in trying to create my own. Every time I do it, one of the leagues isn't playable! icon_frown.gif

with nationality of regens, i've had people try to tell me it's where the stadium is built, that is absolute BS, it where you place the teams nationality. if you build a Suva City side and place them in Fiji, and have them playing in the NZ league they will generate Fijian kids regardless. plus maybe some small % of kiwis.

alex: yeah mate, mostly real sides, i build a few 'super' oceanic teams (Suva City Flyers, Tongan Tigers etc) but the rest have just been moved from the current national leagues. don't give up mate, i did for a while, now i worked out what i did wrong and i'm loving playing with the editor.

Originally posted by Alex-sKIp_E:

From my experience, regens are generally based on a few things: The MAJOR factor is that nationality of the team.

Other factors can be the nationality of current players and staff in the team (esp. in bigger clubs, like the UK. If you get a few Aussie players, u get more aussie regens), and nationality of the league.

Adam: Your league does use all the real clubs, plus a couple of fantasy Oceanic, and Australian clubs, right?

I've lost a bit of interest in trying to create my own. Every time I do it, one of the leagues isn't playable! icon_frown.gif

Your manager's second nationality can also come into play. As Adelaide United I got a few Kazakstani regens since i chose it as my second nationality. They were rubbish though.

If you just create a team, stadium etc and fill in all the info and staff and players. You then go to competitions tab and put enter the team in the Hyundai A-League. It adds the team in to the regular season, removes the Australian and Pre-Season Cups because of the number of spots for A-League teams no longer matches. However Top Four still qualify for the finals and then the best two teams qualify for Champions League.

DOes anyone know if this method works on FM 08 (unpatched). If not, can anyone give a quick guide to the whole swapping leagues thing, or better yet a ready made database with an expansion working for FM 08?

THanks

Originally posted by The Manic Depressant:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alex-sKIp_E:

Your manager's second nationality can also come into play. As Adelaide United I got a few Kazakstani regens since i chose it as my second nationality. They were rubbish though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I mentioned it is slightly dependent on the nationality of staff..You are a staff member of the club, right? icon_razz.gif

mg9106: ruttigers method doesn't work in FM08 unfortunately...

Actually its dependent on scouting knowledge. So your staff and your nationalities and your feeder clubs affect that as well as where you have been scouting. So everything that affects your scouting knowledge will affect your regen nationality.

I haven't dropped in for a while so i thought i would give an update...

Previously on "A-League Expansion":

Our hero thought he was complete, but came across a problem with the S-League when it began to relegate teams in 2009.

And now the thrilling next installment in our serial:

I have decided to replace the K-League instead. This meant pretty much starting from scratch, but i have the time so it isn't a problem. So there are two tiers but no relegation from the bottom league (i checked this time). But with the need for so many teams i have had to create several more teams, which require colours and some background research to get right. I am currently working on graphics for this league which is more closely aligned to the the original swap idea on page one of this thread with a Singapore team and four NZ teams as well

I am still playing with names as well, but let me say that it will be better than the previous release Australia-Singapore league. I think it is still about a week or two away. But i just wanted to give a progress report for the FM07 faithful.

But Israel has relegation from the lowest playable division doesn't it???

By using Korea there are 25 teams that will never be kicked out of the league. It fits in with the whole "new football" thing that the A-League is trying to acheive. I know that not everyone likes the lack of history and the americanised nicknames (Glory, Roar, Mariners, Jets etc), but i think that it is the way it will be for the foreseeable future. I don't want teams like Marconi, South Melbourne or Floreat Athena having any chance of playing in the top league in their current form (although if they do a rebrand like Brisbane Hollandia becoming Qld Roar then we can talk). That's why i take the time to create new teams with new logos and new jerseys that are not affiliated with old football too directly. Although sometimes it is kinda easy to steal a logo from an old team like Eastern Pride.

Teams in new league are the 8 A-League teams plus Singapore, Otago, Waikato, Auckland, Christchurch, Vic Eureka, Geelong, Tasmania, Eastern Pride, Sth Melb Utd, West Coast FC, Gold Coast, Nth Qld Thunder, Wst Syd Sting, Canberra, The Illawarra, Northern Territorians

Did anybody see the news...North Queensland consortium has released a logo and name for the new proposed teams...Northern Thunder. My new NQ team was called North Queensland Thunder. Coincidence or what...i knew it was on a short list but still. Trying to work out whether to include their one or keep my one and then do a massive update in March when the release a report on expansion.

pity about your db ruttiger, good luck with the new one.

i'm still having the same ol' problem around 2020, i get a warning saying "Too Many Variable" the game does keep playing, just every month or so this warning appears and you have to click "OK" around 20+ times before it lets you move on, really annoying! i'm working all w/e so won't get another chance to look at it till mid december now.

with the new patch released i might actually start playing 08 now!

Guys for my swap in 8.01 instead of using israel this time I am looking at Denmark, Sweden and Romania at the moment because they all have B teams. Romania is probably to good a league to swap so possibly Denmark or Sweden.

DS - if the format fits why not play around with reputations etc for the comp and awards. Warning though, small changes definately snow-ball throughout the years...i had a database running once where the richest clubs on earth where Indian and Chinese just because of the populations. Also the fact that nobody wants to play in Hyderabad or Xanzi Province probably saves a bit of money on transfer fees.

I dont mess aroubn with to many things. Normally I jsut increase the reputation of Australia to 6500 so we get better regens. Also I put economic factor to 20 and I put the league standard to the reputation of the new league I am using. Fore example the reputation of the Israel league was 12 and I htought thats a good quality league for Australia to have so I left it as 12 and made the league standard for Australia to 12 to fit this. I used to always put it to 20 because I thought it would give better regens but from what I have seen its best to have this correct with your league's reputation. I think if its to high it looks for higher reputation clubs to give good quality regens to but there are none and so the clubs get mediocre regions because there reputation is mediocre in comparison to what the game expects.

Anyway looks like I will be swapping with Austria. Good TLA for comparison with Australia, and B teams are possible! I will add Australia to the EU and so EU players can play in Australia and 7 non-EU players allowed. Will add NZ and singapore to EU also cause I will have NZ and singapore team in my league.

Too many different competitions and things to swap with Austria. So back to Israel. Israel is great because not many things to swap. Can someone tell me if we need to add histories from the last season and also last positions or will it work without it? I done it in my swap in FM07 but I am to lazy to do it now so if its not necessary I wont.

Increasing the reputation of the league it pretty much only affects just that, reputation of the league. Hence it means that a better quality of player will consider playing for you, they will be more willing to leave their homeland, and when you sell them off you get a kind-of premium on the price (as IRL) just because they played in a well-regarded league.

If you want to improve regens then national reputation is only part of the equation (although important). Increasing club reputations and improving youth academy and training will result in the best regens, because (as IRL) a nation doesn't produce the players, the clubs do.

But the important thing that I have found is that it is all relative. In the database i am working on EVERY nation is developed and football mad, their economies ranked from 20-10. I also changed league reps and club reps so that they are generally higher (for regens) however it doesn't change the general order of things. Eg England and Italy still have the two best leagues but instead of being 18 or 19 they are now 20. Hence Spain moves up to 19. Germany to 18. Greece, France, Portugal to 17, I even increased "a premier division" up by a point or 2. Same for clubs, Liverpool is now 9500, but it is still behind Barcelona, AC, Inter, Real M, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern and Juventus who are all between 10000-9500.

But i did this across the board to create my own mini-universe where there are a whole heap of players with potential and natural talent (harder to find then a ready-fit but so rewarding. I enjoy liberating foreign regens from the world's war zones in my own little FM charity and selling them off at hefty margins to the European gluttons) and money is not quite so tight in the lower leagues where the contest should be more about managerial prowess on the pitch rather than in the backroom. Hope this might help you tune your db a little bit (although i am yet to upgrade to FM08, but the basics are always the same aren't they?).

Australia 12 Team swapped with Singapore League (DO NOT RUN THE SINGAPORE LEAGUE). And playable NZ league. Updated and available to download for this weekend. Kosmina is in charge of Sydney. Squads are as they are. The database was built upon a mid august update so some of Europe may be a little behind (but not by much).

Download it!!!!

Includes a graphics pack for both leagues including kits and logos.

Feedback welcome.

Link doesn't work icon_frown.gif

Increasing the reputation of the league it pretty much only affects just that, reputation of the league. Hence it means that a better quality of player will consider playing for you, they will be more willing to leave their homeland, and when you sell them off you get a kind-of premium on the price (as IRL) just because they played in a well-regarded league.

If you want to improve regens then national reputation is only part of the equation (although important). Increasing club reputations and improving youth academy and training will result in the best regens, because (as IRL) a nation doesn't produce the players, the clubs do.

But the important thing that I have found is that it is all relative. In the database i am working on EVERY nation is developed and football mad, their economies ranked from 20-10. I also changed league reps and club reps so that they are generally higher (for regens) however it doesn't change the general order of things. Eg England and Italy still have the two best leagues but instead of being 18 or 19 they are now 20. Hence Spain moves up to 19. Germany to 18. Greece, France, Portugal to 17, I even increased "a premier division" up by a point or 2. Same for clubs, Liverpool is now 9500, but it is still behind Barcelona, AC, Inter, Real M, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern and Juventus who are all between 10000-9500.

But i did this across the board to create my own mini-universe where there are a whole heap of players with potential and natural talent (harder to find then a ready-fit but so rewarding. I enjoy liberating foreign regens from the world's war zones in my own little FM charity and selling them off at hefty margins to the European gluttons) and money is not quite so tight in the lower leagues where the contest should be more about managerial prowess on the pitch rather than in the backroom. Hope this might help you tune your db a little bit (although i am yet to upgrade to FM08, but the basics are always the same aren't they?).

Well actually competition reputations affect club reputations. So having a league with 12 for reputation it will be very hard for a club to have a reputation of 7000 unless there was European competition involved. Also I think you underestimate the impact of a nation's reputation. Sure better club facilities and reputation means better regens but that doesnt mean they will be Australian regens.

I tested my league and it does work with no history and last position set but I think I may go and set last positions because the u19s are stuffed. Like Melbourne Victory's u19s weren't playing in the u19s competition but like Adelaide City's were. So I think adding last position for the teams will solve the problem.

Yeh i know what you're getting at...it would be extremely handy to get my hands on the algorithms used to generate figures these things in a game to get a real idea of what affect all my tinkering has.

In regard to national reputation, i increased the nation reps of all nations to 10000 to test and the Fijians and the like still had no players making it to the big time because the clubs were producing no talent. I bumped up the reps of Nadi, Suva and Ba and after running on holiday several players had made it to the lower euro leagues like Sweden and Belgium. But it would all inter-relate to create a rich tapestry i'm sure.

Archived