[FM10] Football Manager Makes Me Curze

Nobby_McDonald

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Mexico, Netherlands or Portugal either.

The Irish league is the last one completed, so when I compiled the list of champions, they were halfway through their current season. If I remember when I next play, I'll check how they are doing this season.

No Mexico, Netherlands or Portugal either.

The Irish league is the last one completed, so when I compiled the list of champions, they were halfway through their current season. If I remember when I next play, I'll check how they are doing this season.

I like the way you put Ireland in the same bracket as Mexico, Netherland and Portugal, well played Nobby :D

I like the way you put Ireland in the same bracket as Mexico, Netherland and Portugal, well played Nobby :D

I was simply responding to somebody who said Ireland didn't qualify, by pointing out there are more well reknowned nations who didn't make it.

Stocksbridge Park Steels

Currently 15th in Northern Premier League First Division North

Bracken Moor Lane, Stocksbridge holds 3500 (450 seats) with basic corporate, basic training and minimal youth facilities.

LEAGUE

2009/10 - Highest league position of 13th in Northern Premier League

2010/1 - Highest league position of 13th in Northern Premier League

2011/2 - Relegated to Northern Premier League First Division

2013/4 - Lowest league position of 19th in Northern Premier League First Division South

CUPS

Best FA Cup - Third Qualifying Round in 2010/1

Best FA Trophy - First Round in 2009/10 and 2010/1

SIGNIFICANT CLUB RECORDS

Attendance: 252 v Worksop Town (Northern Premier League), April 2011

Receipts: £3000 v Scarborough Athletic (FA Cup Second Qualifying Round), September 2010

Biggest Win: 17-1 v Oldham Town

Biggest Defeat: 0-4 v Fleetwood Town (Away, FA Cup Third Qualifying Round), October 2010

Top Scorer: 11 - Mark Ward 2009/10

League Appearances: 173 - Dave Cockerill

League Goals: 28 - Mark Ward

Youngest Player: 16 years 4 days - Steve Castle

Oldest Player: 36 years 125 days - Darren Schofield

Youngest Goalscorer: 16 years 127 days - Tom Styles

Oldest Goalscorer: 36 years 125 days - Darren Schofield

Transfer Fee Paid: None

Transfer Fee Received: None

Hi Nobby,

I'm a board member at Curzon (and the researcher for FM). Just out of interest, do you still have any of the original players, or did you sack them all off when you started the revolution?

Cheers,

Si

I started two seasons in after holidaying. I didn't sack anybody when I took over. Send me a PM with the original squad (rather than post in this thread) and I'll tell you if any of them are still at the club.

Does the club lose money left right and centre like I do on the game?

Cray Wanderers

Currently 16th in Isthmian First Division South

Hayes Lane, Bromley holds 5000 (1300 seats) with fairly basic corporate, basic training and minimal youth facilities.

LEAGUE

2009/10 - Highest position of 18th in Isthmian Premier Division

2010/1 - Relegated from Isthmian Premier Division

2013/4 - Lowest position of 17th in Isthmian First Division South

CUPS

Best FA Cup - Fourth Qualifying Round in 2009/10

Best FA Trophy - Fourth Qualifying Round in 2010/1 and 2013/4

SIGNIFICANT CLUB RECORDS

Attendance: 1523 v Stamford, New Year's Day 1980

Receipts: £2500 v Brentwood Town, FA Cup Second Qualifying Round, September 2010

Biggest Win: 15-1 v Sevenoaks Town, New Year's Day 1895

Biggest Defeat: 1-11 v Bromley, New Year's Day 1921

Top Scorer: 12 - Tommy Tyne, 2011/2

League Appearances: 219 - Dean Standen

League Goals: 52 - Leigh Bremner

Youngest Player: 16 years 19 days - Graham King v Bognor Regis Town, Isthmian Premier Division, September 2009

Oldest Player: 38 years 137 days - Ian Jenkins v Walton & Hersham, Isthmian League Cup Third Round, February 2011

Youngest Goalscorer: 16 years 51 days - Keith Hutchinson v Horsham YMCA, Isthmian First Division South, October 2011

Oldest Goalscorer: 38 years 32 days - John Stannard v Hastings United, Isthmian First Division South, December 2014

Transfer Fee Paid: None

Transfer Fee Received: None

2014/5 - Curzon Ashton (Northern Premier League Premier Division)

Board: Safe mid table

Media: 11th

Bookies: 7-4cf

Season tickets: 108 (up 9)

A poor start sees us prop up the rest. Lots of cup action sees us then have to play catch up. We do make the First Round of the FA Cup for the second time in the club's history though.

Things don't improve and approaching halfway through the season I am offered a job elsewhere, which given our poor position when better was expected and my contract being up at the end of the season, I accept.

Northern Premier League Premier Division: 21st, 15 points (after 16 games)

FA Cup First Round: Kettering Town 3 Curzon Ashton 1

FA Trophy Third Qualifying Round: Curzon Ashton 1 Aveley 2

Northern Premier League Challenge Cup Second Round: Rushall Olympic 1p Curzon Ashton 1

Northern Premier League Chairman's Cup: Newcastle Town 1e Curzon Ashton 0

Season Summary

[b]Season[/b]   [b]Team[/b]             [b]Division[/b]                                       [b]Pos[/b]    [b]FA Cup[/b]                    [b]Other[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Curzon Ashton    Northern Premier League First Division North   11th   Second Qualifying Round   FA Trophy Second Qualifying Round
2012/13  Curzon Ashton    Northern Premier League First Division North    6th   First Qualifying Round    FA Trophy Third Qualifying Round
                                                                                                         Northern League President's Cup winners
2013/14  Curzon Ashton    Northern Premier League First Division North    1st   First Qualifying Round    FA Trophy Third Qualifying Round
2014/15  Curzon Ashton    Northern Premier League Premier Division       21st   First Round               FA Trophy Third Qualifying Round
                                                                                                         Resigned after 16 league games
2014/15

2014/5 - Hednesford Town (Conference North)

Formed in 1880, Hednesford are a team who reached their peak in the 1990s, spending a number of seasons in the Conference (highest finish of 3rd) and famously giving Middlesbrough a mighty scare on the only occasion they have reached the FA Cup Third Round. They were relegated in 2000/1 and have since being trying to regain their previous position in the Conference.

I take over with the team 13th in Conference North after 17 games. I am given a contract lasting 18 months, on £350 per week (up £75).

Keys Park, Hednesford holds 6500 (1025 seats) with fairly basic training, minimal youth and fairly basic corporate facilities. The team is in debt by a considerable amount and a 4 year sponsorship deal worth £7500 per season runs out at the end of the current season. Hednesford have one fierce rival, nearby Stafford Rangers.

Board: The board are not judging me on this season's performance (unless I get them relegated!)

Media: 1st (as at start of season)

Bookies: Unknown

Season tickets: 167

My first win at my new club comes after three games, and it is clear to me by now the current squad is nowhere near good enough. Our home form is good, but our away form is woeful.

Thanks to some loan signings, we pick up and finish strong, hauling ourselves just above where I started out with the club.

2014-5-1.jpg

Hednesford were knocked out of all cups before I joined.

Player of the year - Miles Smith

(No picture as out of three I had selected as candidates, he wasn't one of them!)

Average rating - Ryan Wallace 6.88

Top scorer - Anton Bryan 9

Young player of the year (as decided by me)

west.jpg

Yeah, I know. The geography is a bit skewy.

Yea, I have seen Bromley in the Blue Square North....... however it was correct as there were no teams in the Blue Square South with a more northern latitude.

What clubs were in the Blue Square South in your save?

English non-league is so dominated by southern English teams.

Cheers for the patch though Uncle Ron, I'm enjoying it. I remember BSN/BSS teams in previous versions of FM being placed in the wrong divisions (Histon in the BSN, while Cambridge Utd + City were in the BSS), so perhaps it's an FM issue rather than a patch issue.

Cheers for the patch though Uncle Ron, I'm enjoying it. I remember BSN/BSS teams in previous versions of FM being placed in the wrong divisions (Histon in the BSN, while Cambridge Utd + City were in the BSS), so perhaps it's an FM issue rather than a patch issue.

Cheers

Histon is about 2 miles north of Cambridge so the coding worked ;), although pragmatically the situation you highlight would never happen in real life.

Roll of Honour

PREMIER LEAGUE

Champions: Manchester United

Champions League qualifiers: Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal

Relegated: Fulham, Southampton, Leicester City

CHAMPIONSHIP

Champions: Nottingham Forest

Promoted: West Ham United, Leeds United

Relegated: Barnsley, Coventry City, Sheffield Wednesday

LEAGUE ONE

Champions: Huddersfield Town

Promoted: Cardiff City, Oldham Athletic

Relegated: Stockport County, Bradford City, York City, Wycombe Wanderers

LEAGUE TWO

Champions: Rochdale

Promoted: Rushden & Diamonds, Hartlepool United, Chesterfield

Relegated: Bury, Torquay United

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Champions: Yeovil Town

Promoted: Morecambe

Relegated: Gateshead, Dover Athletic, Northwich Victoria, Fleetwood Town

CONFERENCE NORTH

Champions: Bishop's Stortford

Promoted: Tamworth

Relegated: Witton Albion, Cambridge City, Vauxhall Motors

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Champions: Dagenham & Redbridge

Promoted: Farnborough

Relegated: Welling United, Lewes, St Albans City

ISTHMIAN PREMIER LEAGUE

Champions: Northwood

Promoted: Tonbridge Angels

Relegated: Billericay Town, Croydon Athletic, Boreham Wood, Maldon Town

NORTHERN PREMIER LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION

Champions: Eastwood Town

Promoted: Chasetown

Relegated: Marine, North Ferriby United, Burscough, Curzon Ashton

SOUTHERN PREMIER LEAGUE

Champions: Weston-super-Mare

Promoted: Solihull Moors

Relegated: Maidenhead United, Burnham, Slough Town, Halesowen Town

ISTHMIAN FIRST DIVISION NORTH

Champions: Braintree Town

Promoted: Concord Rangers

Relegated: Chatham Town, Romford

ISTHMIAN FIRST DIVISION SOUTH

Champions: Kingstonian

Promoted: Maidstone United

Relegated: Eastbourne Town, Mertsham

NORTHERN PREMIER LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION NORTH

Champions: Ashton United

Promoted: Stalybridge Celtic

Relegated: Trafford, Bishop Auckland

NORTHERN PREMIER LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION SOUTH

Champions: Worksop Town

Promoted: FC Halifax Town

Relegated: Redbridge, Glapwell

SOUTHERN FIRST DIVISION MIDLANDS

Champions: Marlow

Promoted: Hitchin Town

Relegated: Romulus, Leighton Town

SOUTHERN FIRST DIVISION SOUTH/WEST

Champions: Windsor & Eton

Promoted: North Leigh

Relegated: Flackwell Heath, Hungerford Town

FA CUP

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 Liverpool 4

LEAGUE CUP

Tottenham Hotspur 3 Chelsea 0

FA TROPHY

Salisbury City 1 Sutton United 2

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Real Madrid 2 Juventus 1

St James' Park, Newcastle

EUROPA LEAGUE

Sevilla 2 Valencia 0

New Anfield, Liverpool

OTHER LEAGUES

Scotland: Celtic

Northern Ireland: Linfield

Ireland: Cork City

Wales: Llanelli

France: Lyon

Germany: Werder Bremen

Italy: Genoa

Spain: Real Madrid

Season Summary

[b]Season[/b]   [b]Team[/b]             [b]Division[/b]                                       [b]Pos[/b]    [b]FA Cup[/b]                    [b]Other[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Curzon Ashton    Northern Premier League First Division North   11th   Second Qualifying Round   FA Trophy Second Qualifying Round
2012/13  Curzon Ashton    Northern Premier League First Division North    6th   First Qualifying Round    FA Trophy Third Qualifying Round
                                                                                                         Northern League President's Cup winners
2013/14  Curzon Ashton    Northern Premier League First Division North    [b]1st[/b]   First Qualifying Round    FA Trophy Third Qualifying Round
2014/15  Curzon Ashton    Northern Premier League Premier Division       21st   First Round               FA Trophy Third Qualifying Round
                                                                                                         Resigned after 16 league games
2014/15  Hednesford Town  Conference North                               12th   Knocked out before joining club

Note: Bold indicates promotion, italics relegation.

Archived