Story Ideas & Discussion Thread

Terk

I am looking to start a short story in the near future. My idea is to base it on a long and prolonged battle to sign a star player for a club, featuring agents, players and maybe even a court case. I'm hoping to create the dramatic affair of David Beckham going to Real Madrid. SO any assistance on which club to be and who to sign ect. would be muchly appreciated.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking for an International story to do on FM07, so I can defend my FMS Award (Got to think long term lol)

Anyone got any suggestions....don't fancy doing England again

Singapore! I can give you a lowdown. :D:thup:

Basically, great country, poor team. Bring them to the level that befits their economic standing.

I am looking to start a short story in the near future. My idea is to base it on a long and prolonged battle to sign a star player for a club, featuring agents, players and maybe even a court case. I'm hoping to create the dramatic affair of David Beckham going to Real Madrid. SO any assistance on which club to be and who to sign ect. would be muchly appreciated.

Cristiano Ronaldo?

Carlos Tevez?

Still looking form new players in my sign up game and as soon as there seem to be alot of new people in the forum recently I'd give anyone intrested the chance; Just fill out the form below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:

Nickname:

D.O.B:

Prefered positon:

2nd Position:

Nationality:

Left/Right Footed:

Pm it back too me and I'll add you into my team

SCIAG, no more dodgy internet? Was it your Birthday as well?

It was (on the 9th), but the internet is still dodgy. I can afford to check up about once a week if I'm lucky, but posting stories will be impossible :(

The reason I cannot start a story is because I'm terrible at the game - no matter what I read up on I can't improve! I don't know what to do - perhaps I should re-purchase FM06?

A story doesn't always have to be about a successful team you know.

In my current "Bye Bye Barca?" story I'm trying to relegate Barcelona all the way to the bottom of the Spanish leagues. Of course, I expect to get sacked when the performances are poor, so I'll just create a new manager to take over and keep going that way.

If you do poorly, you can continue with your club by using the above method - you can just leave that change of manager out of the story-line.

In my current "Bye Bye Barca?" story I'm trying to relegate Barcelona all the way to the bottom of the Spanish leagues. Of course, I expect to get sacked when the performances are poor, so I'll just create a new manager to take over and keep going that way.

If you do poorly, you can continue with your club by using the above method - you can just leave that change of manager out of the story-line.

Or better yet, use that failed manager going on to a smaller club and trying again to be successful etc.

What teams are you failing with Canvey?

I know - but I'd at least like some success, particularly as I envisage the story one day reaching European football.

What teams are you failing with Canvey?

Virtually every one :D, although I only play Lower League.

Or maybe an international game? With the number of minnows around surely you'll get some success with a big team?

I really have specific ideas in mind for my stories though, and they involve Lower League Management. Normally you'd just say "Stick it out" but there's something obvious that needs to be changed for me tactically. I don't know what it is.

Right, I have a different idea. I create club ( you come up with name ) and put them in BSP or league 2. You guys are then the staff at the club, for example chairman, director, scouts, commercial manager and the list goes on. Anyone intersested?

I've just began a Fulham story entitled 'The Future Kings of London?'. It is a different style of writing for me, moving away from just result as my current Socceroos story is, to a more in depth, plot driven story. Any advice or tips from those who write this way is greatly appreciated, whether here or in my story thread.

With regards to short stories, what are the unwritten laws/guides in regards to how many posts are preferred.

Any help appreciated =]

Generally speaking, short stories have always been supposed to adhere to a limit of 5 posts of no more than 1,000 words each. As long as you don't take the **** and go wildly over that limit though, I'm pretty flexible on it.

I have a question.

Would people be willing to read a Manchester United story? I have an idea in mind, one that has intrigued me for years, but it surrounds United. Before I put too much effort into this, I'm curious whether people would be willing to give it a chance, or if anything United other than Mark Wilson's stuff is pretty much a no-go.

PS: Hello.

I have a question.

Would people be willing to read a Manchester United story? I have an idea in mind, one that has intrigued me for years, but it surrounds United. Before I put too much effort into this, I'm curious whether people would be willing to give it a chance, or if anything United other than Mark Wilson's stuff is pretty much a no-go.

I'd be happy to read pretty much anything that you want to write Jeff, so go for it.

I have a bit of a curious question about 'mature content' for a story idea I recently started mulling over in order to try and stretch myself creatively.

What does the forum, and FMS in particular, have in regards to it? I understand that bad language and all that is not allowed (I wouldn't want to write it in personally anyway) and obviously nothing sexually explicit, but what about other kinds of mature themes such as drug abuse, addiction, depression, and mental instability?

This idea is obviously just that, an idea, and a long way away (I like the upbeat crazy stuff I'm doing with Voice From Beyond right now) from seeing light of day, but I thought it would be worth batting it about.

I have a question.

Glory, glory, Jeff. I'd say go for it. Besides, Mark just bolted for Newcastle and Arsenal in his last one (gasp!) ;)

P.S. Howdy yourself.

I have a bit of a curious question about 'mature content' for a story idea I recently started mulling over in order to try and stretch myself creatively.

What does the forum, and FMS in particular, have in regards to it? I understand that bad language and all that is not allowed (I wouldn't want to write it in personally anyway) and obviously nothing sexually explicit, but what about other kinds of mature themes such as drug abuse, addiction, depression, and mental instability?

This idea is obviously just that, an idea, and a long way away (I like the upbeat crazy stuff I'm doing with Voice From Beyond right now) from seeing light of day, but I thought it would be worth batting it about.

I just look at the number of teenagers that read (and sometimes post) to this forum, and I shy away from most of those themes. I assume I am writing for underage readers and as a result, tailor my work accordingly.

Ah, yes, good point tenthree... I had not considered that! (silly me!)

What about if I had put a 'mature content' warning in the title? Not much protection I know, but probably the best we could manage here, I think. I would expect there are forum rules regarding that kind of thing, does Mr. Terk want to comment?

That's great - but I as a writer don't know that about someone who trolls the forum and doesn't post. Therefore, the writer must be careful. And don't forget you're posting on the net, so someone might lift your work and put it in a place you do not want it to go. You have to account for these things.

I have a question.

I would absolutely welcome a Manchester United story, provided how the character got the job was fairly realistic and not "SAF retires and OMG David Gill offers me the job, and I'm just a nobody fan". That annoys the hell out of me!

I would absolutely welcome a Manchester United story, provided how the character got the job was fairly realistic and not "SAF retires and OMG David Gill offers me the job, and I'm just a nobody fan". That annoys the hell out of me!

Ah, hell. Time to change my opening post :(

I don't know if any of you have read Penguins Stopped Play, if you haven't it is feckin hilarious.

Well the plot of the story is a tam of village cricketers go on a world tour going to Barbados, Buenos Aires, Australia, Singapore, South Arica. Games on 5 different continents. (for europe they were just going to play a game outside london when they get back.)

It sounds simple doesn't it well it soon went wrong becuase Quantas and Lan-Chile were the only airlines that flew from South America to Australia and they were part of the One World Group it meant they had to book through British Airways. After the 12 month Kerfuffle to get there tickets they finally made the world tour flying first to america where two of the South Aficans on there team were arrested by an idiotic anti terorrism officials. In barbados they encounter cunning drug dealers. In argentina they find Tom an idiotic Welshman dressed as santa bonking and Argentinian colonels wife in Sydney they meet Gay australian waiters. and you get there point their tour turned out horribally for them

i was thinking of implementing the idea into Fm either over a Pre season period were i will play 3 games against 3 different teams from the 6 different continents.

or i will create a superleague with 3 teams from 6 continents plus 1 bonus team and my team.

Razor

In regards to the 'Mature Content' in stories, I have to say there are a few minor parts in my latest story. Nothing sexual but there are some light drug references and a few fights and I should have thought more about them before putting it in my story (Didn't think about younger readers, my bad!).

However, the main characters in my story come from quite a tough area and some of these things are just part of growing up there. So I have some 'stuff' that some people may find unsuitable but I felt that it would be good to put it in so that people understand where my characters have come from (If i'm making sense :D). So, I think that Balthazars idea of mentioning any mature content in the story title would be the best way to go if we're to be safe and let people know what kind of stuff people will be reading. Either that or have another forum member read through your story and ask whether they thinks it's too much or not?

Really, I don't think i've added anything OTT but everyone has different limits to what they find as 'acceptable'

I have a question.

No problem as long as it is good.

Just be prepared for me to sneer at you from time to time. :D

I think mature content should be OK as long as you phrase it well and it doesn't come across as too graphic. And provide a disclaimer at the start.

I'd like to add 'mature content' to my story too. :D

Archived