Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terk

Story Ideas & Discussion Thread

Yeah ... I mean the writing here is so specialized, I wonder if it has any legs at all elsewhere. Especially since I don't have time to recraft the stories for a general audience. But it also can't hurt, I guess.

Yes, the writing here is specialized.

I've re-written most of American Calcio with the idea of publishing it just so I could say I did. However, I'm under no illusions as to how it would do. It's an amateur forum here and even though some of us pay more attention than others to the writer's craft, the purpose of the board is to write and post about FM.

Have you thought about something like Wattpad as a distribution mechanism for that? My bet is that it would attract a following, and the medium lends itself to avoiding licensing issues and the like which could scuttle books that dance on the edge of the real world.

I think it is, in fact, probably a better fit than anything in 5m1w.

Frankly, I really don't have enough time at the moment to examine it. If you've got some information or a link (perhaps it's something obvious), I'd gladly accept it. :)

Sorry this slipped. http://www.wattpad.com/ . It is essentially a "publish your story online" site, but the size of the community there means you would likely pickup a follower or three. Hundred. It is very easy to use--you can basically copy/paste into it's editor, hit publish. It seems that the "chapters" there are a bit longer than what is usual here, but of the same magnitude.

If I can focus on it over the next few weeks, I plan to start publishing one of the 5m1w stories on there. If I do that, I'll let you know how it goes.

Tempted to see how Tina goes down over there, have been monitoring the site for a while now.

FMS invasion!! :D

I remember HD and I went on a site similar to that once, in fact we were thinking of starting something like it but we didn't know how in those days.

Tempted to see how Tina goes down over there.

Ahem.

So, what do you think you do with the more FM match specific stuff? Leave it in? Rewrite it?

Closing the thread ... FMS Writer's Feedback and Discussion Thread to supercede.