The Frustration Of FM 2010!! Crash Dump Error Galore!!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone experiencing the crash whilst in-match I would suggest turning off your sounds - we're looking into this and we believe there might be an issue in this area. Thanks for your patience, hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this issue.

It is nice to see SI listening to us! Thank you SI! I hope that this problem will be fixed in a future patch!

Anyone experiencing the crash whilst in-match I would suggest turning off your sounds - we're looking into this and we believe there might be an issue in this area. Thanks for your patience, hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this issue.

Hi Neil

I am glad to see SI are monitoring the forum, but to be brutally honest with you I have become so dissillusioned with Football Manager, and a feeling of helplessness mars what looks like a great game. I too am subject to crash dumps when trying to load a new game after making changes in the editor (changing Steven Carr's status)

Anyway, I would love to know what SI are doing about this problem, which appears to be fairly common, and what time scale you could suggest for the problem to be fixed. Is the latest patch mend to amend this problem because it hasnt for me? I have followed advice posted on the forums and I have a powerful machine and I am lost as to what to do. My housemate's version looks great by the way, but I am unable to play my game at all and this is a huge source of frustration. .Please help, and please help me keep the faith.

kind regards, tom

I am having a got at SI its a shambles, i feel they shoul be paying me compensation or sumat. If i bought any other product from any other company a problem would be fixed straight away but somehow SI think the can just sit about and monitor it so as to fix it in the next patch, the next patch should be out RIGHT NOW as I have bought faulty goods.

I am having a got at SI its a shambles, i feel they shoul be paying me compensation or sumat. If i bought any other product from any other company a problem would be fixed straight away but somehow SI think the can just sit about and monitor it so as to fix it in the next patch, the next patch should be out RIGHT NOW as I have bought faulty goods.

That is quite true, mate!

Hi ! I really need a help. I have a problem with my fm 10. i cannot play fm 10, i dont know why. when i click twice on the fm icon a dont send message is appearing with this text

AppName: fm.exe AppVer: 10.1.0.19166 ModName: fm.exe

ModVer: 10.1.0.19166 Offset: 00d45556

can anyone help me to solve this problem?

i will be greatful

Info to SI: I tried this sound pack

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=156584&page=2

with sound options all off.

well in game the error that should occasionally appear at the end of some matches regarding

"MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION"

it appears! Why if sound options are all off and there's no audio needed?

edit: regarding the error, it just switch to windowed mode to let the error window appear, no direct crash

Please don't nag SI with silly posts like yours.

Firstly, you are using a 3rd party enhancement, which has nothing to do with SI.

Secondly that error " MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION is because the guy who made the sound patch you are using, forgot to press enter on about 9 lines on the config files.

Thirdly, the sound patches use the in game text commentary to base its sounds on.

The sounds are off, meaning they dont play, but the commentary is still there and looking for the strings.

The only thing for SI to look at here, if they even bother, is if the commentary is linked to the sounds issue they said might be causing crash dumps.

I have not had any problems with my game.

i think i have discovered how to sort the problem, follow these instructions - open control panel, switch to classic view, open folder options, go to the view tab, click the show hidden folders then apply and close, go to start computer, open c drive, open user folder then your system name, open app data, open roaming, open sports interactive, then delete the fm10 file completely this should stop the game building up useless memory.

hope this works for you mine has not crashed for a while now!

My game crashed today too, I lost 4 or 5 matches worth of play plus a load of transfers I made not to mention my tactical tweaks. I'm really #$&% off and not playing it again until the next patch is released which fixes such issues.

It's even more of a pain because I was just getting in to it and was a great game up until this happened.

How have you bought faulty goods, I bought my copy on day of relkease, and have not had one single crash. So the game is fine, the fault is at your end. BTW, I have NOT installed my game via Steam, might be a clue there?

Maybe FM10 wasn't made to run on Windows 7 64bit, because it sure as hell isn't my computer (3ghz Quad Core i7 940, 6GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4890, X58 SuperComputer with ATI HD audio). Every game i've thrown at my PC has run flawlessly, its only FM that has crashed and considering many are experiencing the problem, it has to be the game.

Maybe FM10 wasn't made to run on Windows 7 64bit, because it sure as hell isn't my computer (3ghz Quad Core i7 940, 6GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4890, X58 SuperComputer with ATI HD audio). Every game i've thrown at my PC has run flawlessly, its only FM that has crashed and considering many are experiencing the problem, it has to be the game.

I dual boot Windows 7 64bit/ Windows XP and it crashes on both with the same frequency so I dont think its a Windows 7 problem.

Please don't nag SI with silly posts like yours.

Look for the definition of the word "education" if you can read, since it seems like you can't read.

Firstly, I know it's a 3rd party enhancement, which has nothing to do with SI

Secondly I know what is that error for and how to solve it.

Thirdly, if sound is off, it must be OFF. Off means disabled.

It should not check for sound file/strings, it's a nonsense. It's like having sound on and volume off, what's the sense? Is it logic that with sound off, a sound error appear?

If I put 3D off, the game doesn't look at 3D engine.

I didn't wrote:" this error is because of the game, dear SI"

I wrote that: with sound options all off. ( i put this bold because it's important), it appears a sound error.

Ive been getting these as well, about once every 5 hours of playing.

Noticed that my RAM for fm.exe had exceeded 1.7-1.8gb each time.

Tried unticking skin cache as mentioned above and it immediately dropped and stays at about 500mb. Seems much more stable now and haven t had a crash yet (oops)

Also playing in windows mode

Ive been getting these as well, about once every 5 hours of playing.

Noticed that my RAM for fm.exe had exceeded 1.7-1.8gb each time.

Tried unticking skin cache as mentioned above and it immediately dropped and stays at about 500mb. Seems much more stable now and haven t had a crash yet (oops)

Also playing in windows mode

Bugger :(

Ignore me, walk on, there's nothing to see here

How have you bought faulty goods, I bought my copy on day of relkease, and have not had one single crash. So the game is fine, the fault is at your end. BTW, I have NOT installed my game via Steam, might be a clue there?

obvously you cant read, if the problem was at my end SI wouldnt be trying to fix it and all the other users in this forum wouldnt have any crash dumps.

well said mate, my computer is of really high spec too, far greater than the game requirements.

its not the sound,and i havent got an old computer ethier..what hell kind of testers do you have who cant report this kind of problem,since i bought the game i have had 30 crashes.all at ramdom points in the game.theres no patern to it...i've tried reinstalling it..i didnt use steam.i've updated all my drivers.i used the patch.i tried it in windowed mode i tried it with the sound turned off....crash and burn every time....year of polish my arse...this is thirty quid down the drain untill you lot can be arsed to do something. seriously thinking about abandoning fm and going to cm from now on.and i know alot people who are already going to do so...and they are right to do it. maybe if we hit your sales figures you might release the game so it doesnt need 3 or 4 patches to get it to a playable state.

well said mate, my computer is of really high spec too, far greater than the game requirements.

Cheers bro, the crazy thing is I actually built my computer with FM in mind (knowing its such a huge resource hog n all) and now I can't even play it without worrying when its gonna crash next.

So now I save every few in-game days and just before and after a match and also keep a backup, to make sure I don't lose any playing time.

Ahhh, the lengths we all go to in order to play this game!

This is starting to happen to me almost every match now, usually happens when i click on a players name during a match, as i tend to do this when players are subbed so i can see what OI would work, i'm going to have to stop doing it now ARHHHH was just 2-0 against spurs and the game wants to crash again!

since ive had no reply to my last reply to you, i take it you are now experiencing this too ur silence speaks volumes.

i think i have discovered how to sort the problem, follow these instructions - open control panel, switch to classic view, open folder options, go to the view tab, click the show hidden folders then apply and close, go to start computer, open c drive, open user folder then your system name, open app data, open roaming, open sports interactive, then delete the fm10 file completely this should stop the game building up useless memory.

hope this works for you mine has not crashed for a while now!

Doesn't make sense!?

Where is the Roaming directory??

I too am having this problem. My computer far exceeds rec specs, I bought the boxed game and have all the latest drivers. Please fix this soon SI as it is ruining on otherwise faultless game, please dont make us wait until the December patch!:mad:

I also experience the crash dumps. Happens during the second season of the game and then at random intervals from then. Seems to happen during matches. Turned off the 3D match engine and it seems to have stopped it crashing (Fingers crossed) Ridiculous though as I want to view a match in 3D. I have the most up to date Nvidia drivers and Direct X. Sort it out SI now, Ive never experienced crashes or bugs with any other version of FM ever until now.

I've had two crashes myself during long sessions of play - no 'crash dump', just a frozen screen during 3D highlights of a match and then, within 20 secs or so, the monitor goes into power-saving mode. I'm running WinXP (fully updated etc) on a reasonable PC well over the minimum specs. I was panicking at first as I thought it was some sort of overheating issue, possibly a faulty PSU - but looking at this topic and 'Possible Cause of crash' in the tech support board (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=161196) a memory leak seems to be the cause for a LOT of us. How on earth did this get through testing?

Argh!

After a storming pre-season i lost my first match 2-0, at home to a team predicted to finish 19th! Spirits were low... I spent a good half hour revamping my tactic (i use the sliders), and in my next match i was overjoyed to be leading 2-0 at half-time! :thup:

And then i get a crash dump error. :thdn:

It is not a massive problem, because i saved it after i'd revamped my tactic which would have been the main loss, but really... if this is a constant problem it makes the game unplayable. I say consistent because i suffered a crash dump 45 minutes before too.

Last year on my old computer i suffered endless crash dumps with FM09. This year my computer is a month old, so i don't expect to have problems like this.

Is it too much to expect that a patch to a new version shouldn't bring bigger problems than it attempted to solve? It's seriously frustrating.

Is there any idea on when the next patch will be?

My version of the game was crashing every time I clicked tactics at half time and every few games when I clicked match preview.

I've played every version of the game since the days of the Amiga and I am so sick to death of SI releasing an annually updated bugged game that I've got a refund and purchased Fifa 2010 for the Xbox instead.

If SI can't be bothered to test the game then I can't be bothered to keep contributing towards their huge profits. :mad:

Hi guys.

The small period I played FM10 I hadn't any of your problems (may it was I have passed through the first half of the first season).

Anyway a friend of mine also had this crash dump issue and was able to resolve this problem.

The solution for him was simple, he simply turned off the 3D. I'm not saying that is the issue, but for him it did resolve the crash dump issue.

It is worth the shot.

Cheers

• Administrators

Right there are two separate issues here. The first is a 'tactics' screen crash - we've got an idea what's causing this and are working on it.

The second is the 'memory crash.' Basically we've had a fair few people comment about this, the majority of issues are caused by people just loading up too many players in the db and too many leagues. Running a big game will put pressure on your systems memory capabilities, and then when the 3D match engine loads, those demands will of course increase.

We suggest making sure all your graphic card drivers are up to date and follow everything Matt has suggested above (this can help), try not to run massive games with huge databases and making sure in your preferences you have auto-save on Incremental and the game saving weekly.

Turning off sounds and 3D will reduce the demands on systems, but obviously this isn't an ideal scenario. We are looking into it of course, but for now I can only recommend keeping your game sizes down, even if you think your machine is a beast. We'll try to keep you updated where we can and I promise you we are not ignoring these issues.

Thanks.

A few points;

- Have you all updated Java, DirectX and Graphics Card Drivers?

- Have you, if installed via Steam, cleared the cache?

- Have you tried windows mode and unticking the skin cache option in preferences?

Cheers

Matt

- yes, the latest possible on my hardware and version of windows for all 3

- no, can I do this through steam itself or does it have to be done manually?

- I always play in Windowed mode and with skin cache unticked anyway, personal preference

regarding the 'run less leagues' solution Neil suggests, I'm really not happy with this as anything other than a short term fix. I already run the minimum divisions I can get away with without the gameworld being stupidly unrealistic - not retaining enough players in the last few versions has always made the one or two leagues you do run disproportionately strong and affects the international game also, for example. SI rightly hype up their strong database as one of FM's big selling points - that's soured a little if we're actively discouraged from using it. Also, it's hard to judge how many I 'should' be running as no matter how many or few divisions I run, the meter thingy is always stuck on just half a star, which is also the case for friends of mine with better computers still. My '3D performance rating' in Preferences is 4 out of 5 stars, and it's during this segment of the game the problems are occurring

But why does it happen with only 1 country/7 leagues, with 15000 players only?

The big game i'm running now is approximately the same as on 09 and i didn't have any problems like this on that.

Seems like FM2010 isn't capable of handling the same settings as on FM09.

And yes. Everything is up to date

It can be incredibly frustrating and I know exactly how the first poster feels. I too have suffered at the hands of a crash and i have been cost multiple hours of playing times. Sometimes ive even lost matches against bigger teams that i had previously won.

I can only speak for myself here but I'm pretty sure all the people experiencing these crashes meet the minimum specs, and if the game wont run if you meet the minimum or even recommended specs then whats the point in having them. I more than meet the recommended specs and I'm only running a small database that contains English top 4 leagues and I cant get past January because the game crashes every time I try and play the next game.

Lets say I'm ok with all of that (which I'm not) it really sticks in my craw that you've got the audacity to come on here making out its users fault for running too many leagues. It either works or doesn't and it clearly doesn't, sorry might work better when your asking everybody to play the game with half the features turned off.

Right there are two separate issues here. The first is a 'tactics' screen crash - we've got an idea what's causing this and are working on it.

The second is the 'memory crash.' Basically we've had a fair few people comment about this, the majority of issues are caused by people just loading up too many players in the db and too many leagues. Running a big game will put pressure on your systems memory capabilities, and then when the 3D match engine loads, those demands will of course increase.

We suggest making sure all your graphic card drivers are up to date and follow everything Matt has suggested above (this can help), try not to run massive games with huge databases and making sure in your preferences you have auto-save on Incremental and the game saving weekly.

Turning off sounds and 3D will reduce the demands on systems, but obviously this isn't an ideal scenario. We are looking into it of course, but for now I can only recommend keeping your game sizes down, even if you think your machine is a beast. We'll try to keep you updated where we can and I promise you we are not ignoring these issues.

Thanks.

up

Patch? WHEN?

try not to run massive games with huge databases

At this point it's better say "play the demo": you have one league loaded and the game is not faulty if I have to play with few players.

Massive games with huge database is not an indication. What is a massive game? 5 leagues on a not high-spec pc or generally 10 leagues?

I don't wanna put pressure on you with this post uh :p

Archived