The Frustration Of FM 2010!! Crash Dump Error Galore!!

Now dont get me wrong here i absolutely love this years version and i think it's definitely the best yet but to say i'm angry right now is an understatement!!

I went through nearly 2 days of my life playing a season with Liverpool, i was doing really, really well, i was still involved in the title race with 2 games to go and i had a Champions League semi-final 2nd leg match with Real Madrid to look forward to which i was winning (2-1). Anyway after losing to Madrid on penalties in an exciting showdown and losing to Hull to make it near enough impossible for me to pip Chelsea to the title on the last game, my game decides to crash for the second time in the space of a couple of hours. I get this message come up about a crash dump error or something like that, and windows trys to find a solution to the problem but can't and it closes down.

Now after this happening it sapped the life out of me, i had saved just before the 2nd leg with Madrid, but i now feel like not carrying on with my save at all because if i were to beat Madrid and go on to beat Hull in the next game i would feel like i have cheated my way to a final and the title and i dont find this enoyable or realistic as there is no second chances in football!!

Has anyone else experienced this crash dump error and knows how to avoid it or fix it and what would you do in my shoes now??

It seems like this crash dump error has occured since i've made a graphics folder and added on all the kits and logos etc, but surely that is'nt the problem, is it??

I really feel like i've wasted 2 days of my life for nothing now, and if i were to beat Madrid on the second attempt and go on to lift the title it just wouldnt feel right to me!!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no solutions to the crash dump problem, im afraid. (not from me, anyways)

If, on replaying the matches, you find yourself winning, i would suggest quitting and reloading until you reproduce the results (if not the scorelines) that you got on the original playthrough. It would be a shame to throw away 2 days worth of work.

I was thinking that mate, but that could take a helluva lot of time now. Im really, really disapointed and frustrated that this has happened, because i was enjoying the season so much and it's kinda put me off from starting a new season with somebody else, just in case it happens again down the line!!

We, the buyers of the game, are doing the work that had to do the beta testers before the release of the game. With any luck, the second patch may fix some of the many bugs that have the game and at least we can play a while without receiving a crash dump error (in December or whenever they see fit). I bought Football Manager 2010 for fun, not bought a game for doing the work others should have done. Really It's a shame. :thdn:

Regarding the crash dumps, I was reading the thread on it in the bugs forum and someone suggested that a workaround for it is to play the game in windowed mode and minimize and re maximise the screen every few games. It seems to be the general consensus in the bugs forum thread that there is a memory leak which is the cause of this problem and the minimise then maximise thing seems to stop the leak from building up too much. I'm not certain if this will be 100% effective but I've been using this method today and so far this is the longest FM session I've had without the crash dump happening, so might be worth a try.

I was thinking that mate, but that could take a helluva lot of time now. Im really, really disapointed and frustrated that this has happened, because i was enjoying the season so much and it's kinda put me off from starting a new season with somebody else, just in case it happens again down the line!!

It's not so bad if you are trying to recreate losing. Just throw the games, play your youth team or something, and then set autosave to be more regular.

Regarding the crash dumps, I was reading the thread on it in the bugs forum and someone suggested that a workaround for it is to play the game in windowed mode and minimize and re maximise the screen every few games. It seems to be the general consensus in the bugs forum thread that there is a memory leak which is the cause of this problem and the minimise then maximise thing seems to stop the leak from building up too much. I'm not certain if this will be 100% effective but I've been using this method today and so far this is the longest FM session I've had without the crash dump happening, so might be worth a try.

Of couse Slipknot67! From now and forever, allways in window mode and with a crucifix in his left hand praying to God! (because playing in full screen is sin). :rolleyes:

Well least they see there's a problem and trying not to shout the odds at them about selling a game thats half completed bla bla but does rattle me cage abit that i have to put with this and can't do alot about it but put this post up. Sorry SI i love you really.

The problem with beta testing FM (speaking as one of the beta testers for FM09) is that you get a version of the game that ends half way through the first season or before the start of the second. This means that some of the bugs, such as the no start to second season bug being experienced by some aren't found.

A bug like this, however, should have been spotted somewhere - unless it's been created by something that happened during the gold phase of development (and not beta) or a problem with the patch.

Having the same problem, in a network game too so it kind of ruins the whole thing lol... whenever it crashes and we come back it's impossible for everyone to be happy with the next set of "new" results. Shame because I am really enjoying this year's version, but this is making it really hard work.

Now dont get me wrong here i absolutely love this years version and i think it's definitely the best yet but to say i'm angry right now is an understatement!!

I went through nearly 2 days of my life playing a season with Liverpool, i was doing really, really well, i was still involved in the title race with 2 games to go and i had a Champions League semi-final 2nd leg match with Real Madrid to look forward to which i was winning (2-1). Anyway after losing to Madrid on penalties in an exciting showdown and losing to Hull to make it near enough impossible for me to pip Chelsea to the title on the last game, my game decides to crash for the second time in the space of a couple of hours. I get this message come up about a crash dump error or something like that, and windows trys to find a solution to the problem but can't and it closes down.

Now after this happening it sapped the life out of me, i had saved just before the 2nd leg with Madrid, but i now feel like not carrying on with my save at all because if i were to beat Madrid and go on to beat Hull in the next game i would feel like i have cheated my way to a final and the title and i dont find this enoyable or realistic as there is no second chances in football!!

Has anyone else experienced this crash dump error and knows how to avoid it or fix it and what would you do in my shoes now??

It seems like this crash dump error has occured since i've made a graphics folder and added on all the kits and logos etc, but surely that is'nt the problem, is it??

I really feel like i've wasted 2 days of my life for nothing now, and if i were to beat Madrid on the second attempt and go on to lift the title it just wouldnt feel right to me!!

the error is caused because you run the game on an old PC, that dont have thr minimum required to run the game without problems.

maybe more RAM could help. and a better Graphic card if u run the 3D engine

best solution to you is to upgrad you PC m8.

i have this problem. rarely tho. i set graphics to auto set and turned off weather effects. that seems to have made a difference. i do play in windowed mode but i dont think i can be bothered to minimise and maximise the whole game. it happens so infrequently that it isnt worth it. i have auto save set to every day. u should try that. ive found that saving in this version takes no time at all. i dont think ive noticed it saving yet come to think of it

the error is caused because you run the game on an old PC, that dont have thr minimum required to run the game without problems.

no...that isnt the reason. my specs more than match the game and i get it. so its not that

So what do you suggest I do, I run the game on a not outstanding, but decent enough laptop.

AMD turion 64 x2 1.9 GHz 2 x 512KB L2 cache

Geforce 8600M GS graphics

4GB of RAM, which should be more than vista 32 can handle.

mimland. its not ur pc. sooo many ppl have had this. they cant all be below spec. this isnt exactly crisis we're talkin about. if SI are working on it it suggests that it is a problem with the game, not ur specs

There must be something wrong with the game. I am surprised that SI has never experienced a crash dump on their PCs for FM 2010 after the patch!

• Administrators

Anyone experiencing the crash whilst in-match I would suggest turning off your sounds - we're looking into this and we believe there might be an issue in this area. Thanks for your patience, hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this issue.

Anyone experiencing the crash whilst in-match I would suggest turning off your sounds - we're looking into this and we believe there might be an issue in this area. Thanks for your patience, hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this issue.

Just tried that & no joy,

No 3D/smart sound active = limited initial memory usage jump yet still rising.

3D (no tabs checked)/no sound = usuage jumped but just under 1.8GB after 1 match

3D (all tabs checked)/no sound = Usage over 1.8BG & crash

To quantify my figures I am running all leagues & a 290,000 player db which generates a startup RAM usage of around 1GB.

From where I sit the issue appears to be the 3D representation & the fact that in my save it requires nearly 0.5GB memory which sends the application over the tipping point.

:mad::::thdn:Playing a network game, both of us spent hours fixing squads and buying players then 4 games into season it crashes. I dont buy a game for £30 to save it every 2 games. Total Disgrace. When will it be sorted cause my game is gony gather dust until it is sorted as its a total waste of :mad::thdn:

Facing similar problem. Memory usage climbs to 1.7 - 1.8 GB then crash dump error.

Main elements of setup: Q6600 processor, 4890 radeon, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. Downloaded via Steam. 40 countries and 100 leagues loaded.

Crashes happen both with and without sound enabled.

Getting extremely frustrated at needing to save after each game.

Also find it difficult to believe that SI testers/development team are unable to reproduce this. I understand that it was never going to be apparent via the demo due to it being based on quick-starts with only one country loaded and played for 6 month maximum period - surely they must have run a test game with a significant number of leagues being run for an extended period?

Any help gratefully received!

Cheers

Ive had crash dumps a few times but its not really effected the game too much imo. I never play with the sound on and it still have the same problem, though it does get annoying if youve just won a difficult game for it to crash and then for you to lose. Though lets not jump on the bandwagon and start criticising SI, they produced an immaculate game this year and this is the only problem so far.

Wasn't aiming to have ago at SI, just a bit surprised that no one (either SI or testers) has come up with this issue before now.

I agree with you Kezman - FM10 is to my mind their best version yet, which is why it is all the more frustrating to have this issue spoil things if you forget to check your memory usage every 2 minutes via the task manager!

Info to SI: I tried this sound pack

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=156584&page=2

with sound options all off.

well in game the error that should occasionally appear at the end of some matches regarding

"MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION"

it appears! Why if sound options are all off and there's no audio needed?

edit: regarding the error, it just switch to windowed mode to let the error window appear, no direct crash

I dont use sound and I had 4 Crashes in 3 days, and always in the midlle of the match.

I was getting the memory crash when it got to 1.7gb there seems to be a problem where the memory don't reset after games .I run in window mode with sound off and with some 3d switched off i also use game booster and Mz Ram Booster running in the background.What i do is when the memory gets to 1.4gb on ram booster hit optimize and it resets the memory ,i haven't had any memory dumps since doing this ,its only a tempory fix till SI fixes the memory leak but it works for me, hope it helps

This is the LEAST stable version of FM I've EVER played. I get crashes as I'm heading into matches, sound it turned off. When I click OK on the crash error, the Steam Update news window pops up.

I have to say that this is tfe FIRST unstable game in my 10 years of playing!!

I was getting the memory crash when it got to 1.7gb there seems to be a problem where the memory don't reset after games .I run in window mode with sound off and with some 3d switched off i also use game booster and Mz Ram Booster running in the background.What i do is when the memory gets to 1.4gb on ram booster hit optimize and it resets the memory ,i haven't had any memory dumps since doing this ,its only a tempory fix till SI fixes the memory leak but it works for me, hope it helps

Anyone got a link to the mz ram booster? Am willing to give anything a try

Thanks in advance

Archived