The FM10 Adboard project

rabcp

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent download, real quality. Just one question - the 2009 project had a number of competitions not included with this one, as well as a lot of club specific packs. Do you have any plans to re-introduce these?

There are plans to introduce these, at the end of the month there will be an update featuring club specific adboards so far 39 sets have been made. I expect there to be around 50 by the end of the month.

At the end of January a further update will be out focusing on Lower League's, Cup's and International teams.

There will be updates to this pack produced every month ;)

There are plans to introduce these, at the end of the month there will be an update featuring club specific adboards so far 39 sets have been made. I expect there to be around 50 by the end of the month.

At the end of January a further update will be out focusing on Lower League's, Cup's and International teams.

Good stuff cant wait for it

There are many Chinese characters club specific adboards in EPL in real life, like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, can you add these adboards to the pack?

In my game i get the 'just eat' boards for competitive international matches and also for friendlies. This isn't right is it?

Me too. Not in my first season (in UK Div 1), but I do in the second (Championship).

Strange thing is that I didn't get this with the FM09 Adboard pack before I replaced it with the FM10 version.

Regarding the just eat adboards, there adboards Sports Interactive have added into the game, there will be a fix in the next patch which will stop these from showing up ;)

The next patch should be out at some point next week

The FM10 Adboard Project

December Add-On Pack

Pack Contents:

Fixes and Updates:

• Fixed bug where Greek Adboard’s where displayed for the Danish SAS Ligaen

• Fixed bug where default Adboard’s where displayed for the Greek Super league and Israeli Premier League

• Updated Israeli Premier League Adboard’s

• Updated Chilean Primera División Adboard’s

• Changed the default Adboard’s to stop SI’s ‘Just Eat’ Adboard’s from appearing

6 Leagues:

Europe

Maltese Bank of Valletta Premier League, Preview, (mon's Adboards)

Maltese Bank of Valletta First Division, Preview, (mon's Adboards)

Scotish Division 1, 2 and 3, Preview

South America

Primera División B de Chile, Preview, (natarin's Adboards)

1 Domestic Cups

Europe

Maltese Cup - Preview, Mons

2 International Teams

Europe

Israel - Preview, Itayn

Spain - Preview, Pibe23

50 Clubs

English Premiership

Arsenal - Preview

Aston Villa - Preview

Chelsea - Preview

Everton - Preview

Liverpool - Preview

Manchester City - Preview

Manchester United - Preview

Tottenham Hotspur - Preview

West Ham United - Preview

English Coca Cola League One

Leeds United - Preview

Norwich City - Preview, lineo

Estonian Meistri Liga

Levadia Tallinn - Preview, FORZA

Dutch Eredivisie

Ajax - Preview

Feyenoord - Preview

PSV Eindhoven - Preview

French Ligue One

Lorient - Preview, Zecha

Lyon - Preview

Marseille - Preview

Paris Saint Germain - Preview

Valenciennes - Preview, Zecha

French Ligue Two

Guingamp - Preview, Zecha

German Bundesliga

Bayer 04 Leverkusen - Preview

Bayern Munich - Preview

Borussia Dortmund - Preview

Hamburger SV - Preview

Hertha BSC Berlin - Preview

Schalke 04 - Preview

Stuttgart - Preview

Werder Bremen - Preview

German 2. Bundesliga

Fortuna Düsseldorf - Preview, itayn

Israeli Ligat Toto

Beitar Jerusalem - Preview, itayn

Hapoel Tel-Aviv - Preview, itayn

Maccabi Haifa - Preview, itayn

Maccabi Tel-Aviv - Preview, itayn

Italian Serie A

Fiorentina - Preview

Inter - Preview

Juventus - Preview

Lazio - Preview

Milan - Preview

Napoli - Preview

Roma - Preview

Sampdoria - Preview

Spainish La Liga

Atletico Madrid - Preview, pibe23

Barcelona - Preview

Deportivo la Coruña - Preview, pibe23

Espanyol - Preview, pibe23

Real Madrid - Preview

Valencia - Preview, Jake.

Villarreal - Preview, pibe23

Spainish Liga Adelante

Recreativo de Huelva - Preview, pibe23

Installation

The FM10 Adboard Base Pack should be installed before this update.

Available here:

http://www.filefront.com/14828597/The-FM10-Adboard-Project-Base-Pack.zip

1. Extract the folder to:

XP - C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents

Vista - C:\Users\[username]\Documents

2. Open up Football Manager 10 and go to preferences -> Display and sound and un-tick the use skin cache option.

These ads are league and cup specific. If you do not play in these competitions the default ads will be used.

No redistribution of this patch!

Must say I'm very impressed with these. Any plans to create some for the Cypriot league? If not, is it possible for me to make the ones for the Greek Superleague also appear in matches in the Cypriot league? Keep up the good work.

For those asking about their english championsip games, that league isnt included.

It's easy enough to add if you want to do it yourself:

1. Open fm.xml from the "ads" folder using a decent text editor. (in the SI area of 'my documents')

2. Do a search for 'english' and you'll come to the section for the english premier league (league ID 11)

3. Copy the whole list for the premier league adds and paste them right below, then change the league id to 12.

ie <list id="11"> becomes <list id="12"> at the top of the list.

4. Save the file and your all set.

Also to the OP, you have used the wrong ID number for the english FA cup it should be 109202.

And there is no listing for the English league cup ID 1301427

Cheers,

M

I was really looking forward to getting these in game....unfortunately I've now messed up EVERYTHING.

You say on the instructions to "Overwrite" the Sports Interactive folder..... in doing so I've lost ALL my graphics and ALL my saved game info - I have tried "Undo" but it hasn't brought back my old SI folder and it's not in the trash either.... to say I'm angry would be an understatement. I'm trying to recover it all now, but I assumed it would merge the folders. Perhaps you need to put a warning on the instructions...?

Maybe it is me being stupid, but I followed everything to the letter and trusted it would work....

If I can't get my saved game back this has effectively stopped me playing the game as I had invested so much time to it I would be too depressed to start over.

Did you delete your SI folder or something? There is nothing in this zip that will have any effect on your save games.

If you just unzip a file it will add to a folder it will not replace it (ie it will not remove files), so you must have done something to the files/folder for the saves to be gone.

But in any case you broke the cardinal rule of using any mods .... ALWAYS backup your files ;)

Restore point?

I'm using a Mac and had my external drive (which houses Time Machine) off since 6th November.....

Been meaning to launch it recently - my own fault really, but my suggestion for a warning stands valid.

Maybe it's different with the Mac file structure, it simply replaced my old SI folder with a new (empty except ads) one.

Ahh the Mac attack ... sorry hadn't realized you were using a Mac. Indeed Macs repalce folders ... this warning from another website I found:

IMPORTANT: Though I am not familiar with the Macintosh system, I have been told that if you are using a Mac, you must NOT allow overwriting as it will replace everything in the folders with the new folders. I can only suggest that Mac users install into a temporary folder and then move the files by hand or by whatever other method they may have learned for handling zip files.

Sorry bud :(

Sorry iv'e not been around to answer any questions but this is exam time for me so I have'nt had much free time.

In regards to the 'just eat' adboards it looks like there are hard coded into the game by SI however they only effect the defult ads and not the competition/club specific ads

Must say I'm very impressed with these. Any plans to create some for the Cypriot league? If not, is it possible for me to make the ones for the Greek Superleague also appear in matches in the Cypriot league? Keep up the good work.

If you can get me some links to pictures of Cypriot adboards then I can make them :) it is also possible to use the greek ones by using myros's guide

1. Open fm.xml from the "ads" folder using a decent text editor. (in the SI area of 'my documents')

2. Do a search for 'greek' and you'll come to the section for the greek super league

3. Copy the whole list for the suoer league adds and paste them right below, then change the league id to the id of the Cypriot league.

ie <list id="11"> becomes <list id="12"> at the top of the list.

4. Save the file and your all set.

Also to the OP, you have used the wrong ID number for the english FA cup it should be 109202.

And there is no listing for the English league cup ID 1301427

Cheers,

M

Thanks for brining this to my attention, it will be corrected with the next patch, there has been no English League cup adboards made yet which is wise there is no listing. However adboards for the English league cup will be in the next patch

I was really looking forward to getting these in game....unfortunately I've now messed up EVERYTHING.

You say on the instructions to "Overwrite" the Sports Interactive folder..... in doing so I've lost ALL my graphics and ALL my saved game info - I have tried "Undo" but it hasn't brought back my old SI folder and it's not in the trash either.... to say I'm angry would be an understatement. I'm trying to recover it all now, but I assumed it would merge the folders. Perhaps you need to put a warning on the instructions...?

Maybe it is me being stupid, but I followed everything to the letter and trusted it would work....

If I can't get my saved game back this has effectively stopped me playing the game as I had invested so much time to it I would be too depressed to start over.

Admittedly I am not familiar with Apple mac's and assumed it would handle merging folders the same as a pc does, seems really daft that it doesn’t, sorry you have lost all your files, I genuinely had no idea this would happen

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed this pack the other day, and its great!

But does the adboards only work for your own home games? It was fine when i was in the Championship home and away the adboards were Coca Cola and in the FA Cup i had Fa Cup Ad boards.

But since i have been in the Premier League only my adboards have the Premier league/sky sports hd ads every game. Some away games have the exact same ad boards that i had in the Championship.(Coca Cola ads)

Plus i played at home in the Carling Cup and the adboards were just the same as the Championship adboards. No carling adboards or anything.

Never used Ad boards before, so not sure if it is meant to be like this or if i have installed them wrong?

Great pack though,adds much more realism to the Match Day. Cheers

Yeah, i keep meaning to ask why in the FM10 pack do you only have adboards display in home games or some away games in the league? For instance it's fine if you play at home in the EPL but if you play say away at a smaller team like Blackburn you just get the default boards (but not specific to any league). Is it now the case they only display if there are personalised boards for certain clubs?

I liked it better in the 09 pack were you have the same league specific boards regardless if who you played in a certain leauge but in the FM10 project it seems that the boards are specific to clubs rather than specific to leagues.

Afer searching through the pack, i have noticed the teams who i play who use the default adboards have their own Default Team Ad boards. Which don't work in the game.

97719758.jpg

When playing against these teams it always use's the default adboards, is there a config file missing or anything? I am playing as Arsenal and it keeps using the default adboards when i play at home & not the adboards in the Arsenal folder in that image.

I just deleted the file 'Arsenal' from there as a test and reloaded images on confirm in the game, and now my adboards at home are the Premier League adboards. :thup:

But i like the clubs own personal adboards like Norwich Citys green adboards, but for some reason they are not working. The game keeps using the default adboards for these teams ...

• 2 weeks later...
Nope, the ones in the screenie in my post above, are only the teams which have their own adboards in this pack..

Yeah for this pack but is there anyway to put newcastle in the XML ? Surely if leeds and norwich are in then newcastle are able to be put in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived