iseemonsters' FM08 Small club to big club South American challenge

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thinking McTavish, it is important that you establish yourself in uruguay first before you think about the Libertadores.

It will be difficult in my case becaue of the Chilean league format. As there are playoffs, teams that finish 8th in the league can end up winning the title. You dont only need to be consistent but also be good at knockouts and have a bit of luck.

With regards to buying foreign top talent, I have been doing that to a smaller extent as well, but to no succes. Bought a Paraguayan DM at 17 and he looked real promising, but after 4 years his stats havent gone up and he hasnt performed too well so I ve released him. The thing is my facilities are rubbish and no plyer could improve under them!! I have been trying to get a decent Chilean feeder club in the First Division B, but my rep isnt high enough for that yet. Do you keep your youngsters at the club or do you loan them out?

Shame about losing to Newell's minisav, how is the season going overall?

Very quick update for my first season giving this a re-try.

2008-09 Argentine Second Division - All Boys

Manager profile

First thing I noticed is that the new league lineups weren't announced until just nine days before the season, not exactly a ton of time to get acquainted.

Media prediction 17th, actual finish 15th

Monkeyed around with tactics a bit and didn't find much consistency until about the midway point when I went with an unbalanced tactic downloaded from T&TT (god I feel dirty), I doubt I'll be using it much in my second season. It helped me to safety, but I'd like to use my own stuff now that I'm safe.

Best 11 - All of these guys will be back, with the exception of Bogado. I had picked him up on a free during the preseason after he was let go from San Martin (SJ) and have now flipped him to Tigre for $55K (USA dollars). One of my better players yes, but I'm $531K in the red. He helped make a dent, a small dent, but a dent nonetheless.

Ariel Zarate - My fans player of the year.

updated profile after one season

Now to begin the 09-10 season, where I am once again predicted to finish in the 17th spot, but I'm hopeful of better things to come.

Solid first season The Shaman, its survival of the fittest, and if being the fittest means downloading dactict from T&TT then so be it icon_wink.gif

Seeing as everyone is retrying, I feel obliged to do it as well. icon_biggrin.gif I m not really that much into my San Antonio Unido game and after downloading the 8.02 patch I feel a real urge to go back to my roots in Brazil! Will probably choose a side from one of the rubbish states. Amapa, Acre, Rondonia, Roraima and Tocantins never had a team in the top flight (in the last two decades at least, the league used to be a joke until 86, there was a point when there were 92 teams in the First Division!). Will start holidaying in a bit and as soon as I ve picked my side I ll let you know!

Originally posted by corinthiano:

With regards to buying foreign top talent, I have been doing that to a smaller extent as well, but to no succes. Bought a Paraguayan DM at 17 and he looked real promising, but after 4 years his stats havent gone up and he hasnt performed too well so I ve released him. The thing is my facilities are rubbish and no plyer could improve under them!! I have been trying to get a decent Chilean feeder club in the First Division B, but my rep isnt high enough for that yet. Do you keep your youngsters at the club or do you loan them out?

I agree, it's difficult to get young players to progress with such poor training facilities and so few coaches. Apart from the obvious stuff like making sure they're on a full time contract and sitting in your reserves rather than the youth team, giving them a few minutes of 1st team football every now and then, and making sure you have the best available coaches, there's not really much else you can do. Players tend not to progress much while out on loan (maybe this has something to do with the loan clubs coaches/training facilities) but they tend to improve more once they return after a short term loan. The thing that really does seem to boost their development is if they get called up to their international under-20 squad.

A few examples anyway:

Molina

Picked him up on a free at the start of my second season, spent a few months on loan last season to my 2nd division feeder club and looks to be developing nicely. Now on loan to a first division club. Been offered £300k for him but I reckon I can get alot more.

Urban

Signed at the same time as Molina, also on a free. His stats were just about good enough to warrant a few first team appearances and even though he didn't progress much in the end I still got £200k for him.

De Camilo

Young Argentinian, signed after a trial just after I took charge. Never really came to much but showed some promise in the handful of games us. I was offered £350k for him at the start of this season but he rejected the contract - hopefully he'll go in the January transfer window.

Maya

Columbian U20 international winger, has less than a year to go for Uruguayan nationality. Would have developed better if I'd played him in his natural position on the right wing, but since I don't use wingers I retrained him to MC and he's done ok. Will probably sell for ~£1m in a season or two.

Peiro

Just picked this guy up, looks to be a quality prospect. Might loan him out to my feeder team for the close season and see how he gets on.

Those, of course, are just some of the successful ones. There's dozens of others who never made the grade and were released on frees, so I guess more than anything it's about hedging your bets.

Good job The Shaman, first season is always the hardest cos there's so little time to put a squad together that you can't be very selective about who you sign. Only 9 days though in Argentina ;o $531k isn't such a big deal anyway, you'll probably get a lot more income from winning promotion this season icon_wink.gif

Don't give up Minisav! I was considering quitting after such a poor opening stage last season, but turned out it was just my tactics that were stale and in the end it just made winning the closing stage all the more satisfying icon_smile.gif

You ve definately been very good with the youngsters, and you have a very good South American mentality of developing your players to sell them icon_biggrin.gif It is how it works in South America even with the big clubs, the top talents get a season in the first team and then are sold off to Europe.

I will try to invest more in youth in my new save. I wont delete my San Antonio Unido one yet just in case I want to pick up where I left, but I want to give Brazil a shot.

So here is my new team: Rolim de Moura

They are truly rubbish from the state of Rondonia, but had their own stadium which is very important to me. All the teams in Roraima and Amapa share one stadium and that would have just annoyed me. And her my profile.

I have a massive £110 p/w wage bugdet, 104 of that are being taken up by a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds that I cant play yet, this leaves me with a lot of room to sign new players icon_razz.gif

Will be crucial to get in a parent club, otherwise I am pretty much doomed!

I've been tempted to try out Brazil too. The league structure looks really interesting for one thing, plus the fact that the first division is pretty high reputation so you should be able to attract some interesting players in the long run.

Good luck with Rolim de Moura, but seriously... £110 p/w? icon_eek.gif Sounds like you're in for a real challenge - just surviving the first season would be quite an achievement. What's the loan/foreign player limits in your league by the way?

I might be saved. I got a draw!

Then this game happened.

Alano my great goalie from last season has been woeful. He got injured. I didn't really feel my sub was ready but hey. He has played 2 blinders!

Enough about that onto that game I was speaking about.

Overview

We lined up like this.

And ended like this!

Only bad thing about the draw I got I was 1-0 up until the 91st minute. And I missed a pen. icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by corinthiano:

I have a massive £110 p/w wage bugdet, 104 of that are being taken up by a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds that I cant play yet, this leaves me with a lot of room to sign new players icon_razz.gif

Come to think of it, dunno if it's the same in Brazil but in Uruguay you're allowed to play trial players in the league..

Surely you won't be sacked Minisav, not after the success you've brought to Moron the past two seasons! Every team has a bad run of results from time to time so the board should understand, and on the plus side it'll mean their expectations for next seasons aren't unrealistic icon_wink.gif

Crazy match there, you did well to keep the scoreline down considering. Argentinos are a huge club anyway.

Florida Soccer Second Phase 2008

League Table

As you can see this was a completely upset... 9th place!!.. in my last game i needed a win to secure a place but i had an away game and my best striker gustavo ridaneira just got injured... and my other awesome striker just got off injury..... and my gk got injured too.... so unfortunately i lost 2-1 icon_frown.gif. this closing phase was really weird since i either school a team by 4-1 or they school me 4-1. i started in the wrong foot by losing 5 games in the first 9 games but i regain balanced. i expect to get some quality players next season since i pre sign contracts with players that their contracts were almost over. i am going to for promotion next year.

This is my Best Eleven

And this was the transfers of 2008

Unlucky in not qualifying for the Second Phase andaos, it is only your first season though so you have done very well icon14.gif

McTavish, I couldnt play any trialist + no one would come on loan to my side. I managed to not win a single game in either the Rondonia State Championship or the Third Division. To add to that misery I went back to my San Antonio Unido game and got relegated, which ended in me getting the sack icon_frown.gif

I think I need to change the way I approach the game, going to revamp my tactics as I ve pretty much used the same formation since FM05, only tweaking the Instructions from time to time.

Not sure where I will have my next go, am thinking of trying Peru, as no one else had a go there. Will let you guys when I ve decided!

Join me in Argentina Corinthiano icon_wink.gif

Opening Stage

Well you already know of my bad losing streak but we picked up near the end.

Final Position: 18th

Table

Fixtures

A Solid CB, Cruz.

Looking forward:

I've made my 4 signings for the window already and it's just opened.

Young Goalie Weverton

AM/FC Elton. I'll Use this guy next season.

And last but not least, Akerman is back!

3 of these are for now, particularly Akerman as we are struggling for goals. Barros and Akerman should be a good combination.

Here's the squad.

Next Stages Plans

Survival. I reckon 6 or 7 wins is a safe target. I'll obviously be trying to get more of course. icon_wink.gif

That's me.

Good luck everyone. icon14.gif

Well done on getting your form back minisav icon14.gif

You ve made some amazing signings, I was especially impressed that you managed to get Akerman back!

I d have a look at the Average Points table if I was you. Relegation in Argentina is decided by the Avergae Points from the last 3 seasons, As you ve just been promoted its obvious that your average will be the points you get this season, but it might be worth seeing how your relegation opponents are standing. Good Luck!

Good job andaos, that's a lot of transfers for one season icon_smile.gif Next season things should be much easier once they've all had the chance to settle in.

Tough luck in Brazil Corinthiano, from my first two attempts at this challenge I know what it's like to get systematically thrashed in every single game icon_frown.gif Not fun. But with a team like Rolim de Moura you were always going to be up against it.

Pity about San Antonio Unido though, things seemed to be going pretty well for you in Chile. Peru could be intersting but in the long run it has to be one of the the hardest leagues for this challenge because the reputation of their top league is so low (it's set at 8, compared to 11 in Chile, 12 in Columbia and Uruguay etc) While this doesn't make much difference for the first few seasons, later in the challenge it becomes really difficult to hang onto your best players because of the (ridiculous) way in which team reputation works in FM. Good luck wherever you choose to manage next!

Good signings there Minisav, you should be able to steer clear of relegation so long as Akerman finds some form and bangs a few goals in. Weverton looks a good prospect too, he's turned into a quality keeper in my save.

Update coming shortly, just finished 2013/2014 season.

Ok here goes. Apologies btw for the "slightly" over detailed updates, I tend to get a bit carried away. Will aim to be more concise in future.

Club Oriental de Futbol – 2013/14 Season Update

Uruguayan 1st Division

Opening Stage Table

In one of the closest stages in recent years, just two points separated the top 6 sides going into the final game. We faced Danubio at home in the final game and secured the stage with a comfortable 4-2 victory.

Closing Stage Table

The closing stage went right to the wire too, with 3 teams eventually finishing up tied on 31 points. Montevideo Wanderers that won the stage on goal difference from rivals Danubio and Oriental, having played much better than in the first stage where they only managed a lowly 8th place.

Final League Table

Club Oriental de Futbol finished in first place over both legs, the highest finish in their proud history. Rivals Danubio took the other Copa Sudamerica spot by finishing as runners up, just two points behind.

Championship Playoff

This year’s playoff was between Club Oriental and Montevideo Wanderers who won the opening and closing stages respectively. Confidence was high in the Oriental and they made it show, winning a close away leg 1-0. Going into the home leg a draw would have been enough, but Wanderers controlled the game from start to finish and a 3-0 Victory was no less than they deserved.

A leading Oriental supporter spokesman commented after the match that the fans were bitterly disappointed with the defeat, suggesting that it was not the managers tactics or selection at fault but that the players failed to perform with the passion and desire showed by their more illustrious opponents. Manager Timote Handana was extremely critical of the Uruguayan FA, complaining that the fixture pile up to towards the end of the season put teams who progressed in the Copa Libertadores at a serious disadvantage.

It was Wanderers first Championship victory in the clubs’ 112 year history.

Uruguayan Liguilla Pre-Libertadores

After a heartbreaking defeat in the championship playoff, morale was low in the Oriental camp and with several key players out injured and star playmaker Manco on international duty at the world cup with Peru, I wasn’t expecting much. We performed pretty well overall though, a particular highlight being the 5-1 away victory over Cerrito, but not well enough to win the competition. Penarol finished in first place having beaten us 3-1 at parquet Oriental, so we had to settle for second place.

Transfers

The only signings of note were wingback Bruno Montelongo who joined from rivals Defensor Sporting for £210k and holding midfielder Christian Paz (brother of Oriental Captain Christian Paz) who joined from Nacional for a nominal fee. Young striker Sebastian Cordoza joined in the January transfer window from 2nd division side Sud America.

Best XI

A long term injury to Aprile saw Juan Manuel Gomez come into the side to partner Peralta, and he didn’t disappoint. The pair netted 52 goals between them over the course of the season. Manco finally got into his stride and was in superb form playing in the hole behind the strikers. Montelongo had an excellent first season in the right wingback position, while Damian Paz, Diego Vieira, Mauro Goicochea and Marcelo Silva provided defensive solidity and distinguished themselves once again as key players.

Finances

Finances are okay, nothing spectacular, but a few shrewd sales in the January transfer window saw us make a tidy profit this season. With the new stadium nearing completion and the opportunity to play in both Continental competitions, next season should generate a lot more revenue.

and elsewhere..

It was a year of Mexican dominance in the continental competitions, with Cruz Azul beating Boca Juniors in the Libertadores final while Chivas scored a narrow victory on away goals over River Plate in the Copa Sudamerica.

It was also a World Cup year, and South American teams performed well for the most part with Uruguay, Chile, Argentina and Brazil all progressing to the knock out stage. Spain eventually beat Mexico 2-0 in the final with Argentina finishing 3rd.

Copa Libertadores

It was our first outing in the Copa LIbertadores and the board expected the team to just go out and enjoy the experience. As Uruguayan league champions, we received a bye into the group stage.

Oriental were seeded second and were drawn in Group E, along with Bolivian side The Strongest, Venezuelan champions Deportivo Tachira and, more ominously, Brazilian giants International.

Group E Table

Qualification for the next round was a formality really, I had a very strong team this season and Deportivo Tachira/The Strongest provided no real competition, but it’s important to try and finish in 1st place with as many points as possible because this determines who you draw in the 2nd round. Internacional provided a stern test – they were runners up in the competition 2 seasons ago and had a quality team on paper, but we outmanoeuvred them tactically in the first leg and came away with an unlikely smash-and-grab 1-0 victory. Going into the final game needing a draw at home, my players showed superb character in coming from behind twice to secure a 2-2 draw and first place in the group.

Second Round

The draw pitted us against Paraguayan’s Cerro Porteno, who we’d beaten comfortably in the Copa Sudamerica last season. After a 2-0 away victory in the away leg, I stupidly decided to rest some key players for the home tie and we were slightly fortunate to only lose 1-0 and progress to the quarter finals, 2-1 on aggregate.

Quarter Final

In the quarters we were drawn against group E rivals Internacional. I was pessimistic going into the tie as Inter were an excellent team and had bossed both legs in the group stages and would have been disappointed with the results. The first leg was played in Brazil, and unlike the group stage matches was a very close affair. Peralta was the hero of the hour, snatching a breakaway goal to give us a 1-0 advantage going into the home leg. The match at Parque Oriental saw us really dominate possession for the first time, and although Inter made it difficult by coming from behind twice to level the score at 2-2, our superior quality showed through and Peralta slotted home twice in the second half to secure his hat-trick and give us a place in the semi-finals.

Semi Final

We faced Boca Juniors in the Semi-finals and in the end it proved a bridge too far. The Argentinian giants were in complete control in the first leg and we were lucky to come away with a 2-1 defeat. We showed a lot of character in the return leg, and deserved our 1-1 draw. It was Boca who progressed to the final, eventually losing out 3-2 on aggregate.

Player Awards

Oriental striker Juan Manuel Gomez won the Copa Libertadores best player award, leading the scoring charts with 11 goals in 11 appearances. Williams Peralta came a close second, with Cruziero’s Guilherme coming in 3rd.

That's amazing McTavish!

How did you do in the Copa Sudamerican last season anyways?

Boca are amazing. They smashed the opening stage and that was with Palacio off form and rarely scoring. It's not fair. I'll break them eventually. Goo luck with next season and KUTGW icon14.gif

Anybody else had a problem with giving new contracts to people who have only a year or 6 months left at their own team?

I keep getting this

I had it last season too but eventually I was allowed to sign them but this time there are a lot of players needing new contracts whereas last time it was only 2.

2009-10 Argentine Second Division - All Boys

Only one screenshot to go along with this update and here it is: The final table

Things actually didn't seem as bad as they ended up. Maybe the high number of draws helped feel like I wasn't losing quite as much as I was, but I never felt overwhelmed. The problems I had were quite simple...

During the offseason I signed four Brazilians, all defenders, intended to anchor my back line. All four came highly recommended by my scout, all four turned out disastrous. Ok, one wasn't as disastrous as the rest, Filipe Coragem signed on a free netted me a $65K fee from Coritiba despite a less than impressive 6.24 rating at the time of the sale. Nice for my balance sheet, but in the end it doesn't matter, does it?

So, what's next? I'm gonna see who comes up in the next promotion. I'd like to keep the same game universe, so I'm hoping the two new squads aren't the same two who went down the year before and are thus eligible for the challenge. An even greater bonus would be if one is manager-less so I can apply for the job and hopefully keep the same manager profile rather than creating a new one. I'll let you know where I land.

Going into the 2010-11 season I had three new clubs to choose from...Atletico Tucuman, Los Andes, and Tristan Suarez. None of the three had an open position, so I was forced to create a new manager.

I give you former Argentinian president, and now manager of Tristan Suarez, Hipolito Yrigoyen.

Infor screen

squad

Prediction is fifteenth. I've got Vitoria, from Brazil, as a parent club. They've given me a nice looking DM on loan, I won't complain if one or two more follow along that look like him.

Once again, here's hoping to stay clear of relegation.

Well done in your first season in the Libertadores McTavish icon14.gif

Boca really are an amazing side, but knocking out Internacinal is an amazing achievement!

Also nice that you managed to get to the Champioship Playoff final again, consistency will be really important if you want to compete with the big clubs internationally.

You seem to be reasonably safe from automatic relegation minisav, but maybe you wont be able to escape a playoff, good that you are a playoff master icon_wink.gif

Unlucky on the relegation The Shaman, good luck with Tristan Suarez. The Vitoria link is definately a bonus and you wont struggle to find a good DM anywhere in Brazil icon_smile.gif

As for me, I m afraid I dont really feel like playing a small club to big club challenge at the moment, I feel like playing a career game at the moment. I am sure I will get the urge to give this challenge another crack and will definately be back. I will still monitor everyones progress on here and wish you all the best of luck!

hey guys i might not be here for like a week or two so if i dont post anything dont think i left this challenge, i will give u my 2009 season review if i can today. Corinthiano hopefully u come back soon but is good to take a rest and start again the challenge when you are more relax and confident.

Shaman dont worry u wont get relegated again and i know u will do good since you now know the expectation.

McTavish Great job on the libertadores. and also congrats that u are dominating your league. excellent team.

I wish all of you guys success.

Florida Soccer First Phase 2009, Second Division

I did pretty good ended 5th place qualifying to the group stages. League Table

i did so wonderful in my Group Stages which I qualified to the finals.

The away leg final game of mine was a real thriller which i score a late goal for a draw of 3-3 against quindio. And then my home game I destroy them completely 5-0. Final Game. I wasn't promoted quite yet but i was one of the teams to play the playoff game for promotion..

Florida Soccer Second Phase 2009, Second Division

I did espectacular in the League Table finishing 1st!

I got very confident, i think overconfident which led me to a really horrible Group Stage finishing last...

Promotion Playoff final game

I was quite nervious because i did so horrible in the group stages. The first game was the away leg which i lost 1-0 which wasn't to bad but wasn't good since my team morale wasn't that good. The second game i started off losing 1-0 in the 21th minute and it was 1-0 at the half time. i made some changes and played the second half looking to score two goals for at least extra time. In the min 54th isea scored a beautiful goal to make a draw 1-1 and then in min 74th my young mid avella made 2-1. Which in global score it was 2-2 and since away goal dont count we were going to extra time but i am not complaining.before extra time in the min 90 i had a pen which my defender missed.... So we went to Extra time and we score two early goals which ensure the victory and the promotion.

The Game

Transfers of 2009 i sold and got a really nice amount of money but almost nothing came to my season budget since my team is in debt. only got 18k overall. So Far in 2010 my dumb chairman sold my best defender/captain and i am looking for a replacement. He also accepted an offer for one of my best mids.... hopefully he wont take more players.. i lost my first game but against the champions and i did pretty good considering my first game on first division.

Well done on promotion andaos icon14.gif

I hope that your chairmans stupidity doesnt cost you your first league status. Good Luck!!

Am interested to see if you managed to stay up minisav!

I have already given it 2 goes and I am still taking a bit of a break from FM, but I reckon I ll be back sooner rather than later icon_smile.gif

Good to hear corinthiano

I've just finished the season. I'll update you soon. It will most likely be tonight but it depends as I have homework. I'm going to wait until the start of the next season before I update you so most of the transfers will be through.

Guys, I'm really inpressed with your progress here and am following this thread quite often.

As I mentioned previously I have had many South American career games and they are withdoubt the best leagues to play in FM imo.

The only reason that I am not taking part in this challenge is that you guys seem to fly through the seasons where a season in the game can often take me several weeks.

Can I ask you a question, do you use 'super tatics' or download successful tactics created by others? In my career games I never download another tactic. I read the tatical forum occassionally to get fresh ideas or to think differently but certainly don't download.

I've been very impressed with the person who was playing in Uruguay. I have promoted twice from their Second Division but found it very difficult to establish myself amongst the top teams. It is a strange league to play in. I also found it very, very difficult to move to bigger clubs there despite being quite successful.

Any good luck with your careers, I am enjoying reading!

Nah. My own tactics all the way. Although they aren't very indepth and I tend to milk them to death for each of my clubs.

I'll give you a screenie of all the formations I use in the next update. I have no idea when it'll be as I keep postponing it. Shoudl be with in the next couple of days.

Well my first season was really quick. Then it gets hard trying to survive against Boca. They destroyed the league this season. They'll be a tough nut to crack!

minisav - 2009/10 - Argentine Primera Division

Well lets catch up from the Opening Stage.

Position: 18th

Closing Stage

Table

Average Points

Squad

Fixtures

Yes. You saw correctly! I beat River!!!!

Best Players

Weverton (Saved us many times)

Akerman (For obvious reasons. I mean scoring 2 against River!)

Barros (Loan signing who was immense in Opening stage then got injured)

Villalba (Solid CB)

Cruz (Villalba's Partner)

Cappelletti (Amazing despite his age)

Grana (Golden Oldie!)

Casanova (Great player. Didn't sign a new contract)

Other Things

New Profile

Overview

Personal

Transfers

Transfers 2Fans' Player of the Year

Formation 1 (Most used)

Formation 2

Finances (I'm Rich. I Know!

Expectations

Best XI

Random

I wonder what he'll do when he retires!

I'm not newly promoted!

Summary

Our Closing Stage was pure brilliance. The signings made a huge impact including you know who! Hopefully we build on this. I hope we can make top half. I have my scouts out looking for a better goalie which is where I feel we are weakest.

I think that is everything! Let us know if you want more!

Cya icon_smile.gif

Hello all. Has been awhile since my last update - my HD failed and for a few scarey days I thought I'd lost the save, but luckily I was able to recover it so it's all good. Phew.

Hope you have better luck this time around The Shaman, or should I say Hipolito Yrigoyen! Having Vitoria as a parent club should help a bunch as in the long term you should be able to lure away some of their youngsters who wouldn't be interested if you weren't linked.

Congratulations on promotion andaos, looks like it went right to the wire but in the end the best team won icon_wink.gif Hopefully the board will give you a bit more cash to survive in the top division. Colombia looks like a really interesting league to manage in, I've noticed that after a few seasons the top teams in that league dish out some of the best young prospects.

Hey there Colorado, you should really join the challenge, doesn't matter how slow you go since everyone's just working through it at their own pace. No-one managing in Mexico or Peru at the moment icon_wink.gif Uruguay is indeed a strange league to play in, partly because the divisions are quite small (16 teams) which means not many games in a season so things tend to be pretty close at the end. Main reason I was so successful was I got linked with Danubio in the first season - the have by far the best youth setup in the league and after a couple of seasons I was able to sign alot of their best prospects on frees. I think in my 3rd season seven of my starting XI were Ex-Danubio youngsters ;o

I think there's a bug regarding manager reputations in Uruguay - almost noone ever gets sacked and I'm in my 8th season now but haven't even been linked with another job. Not good if you start a career game there I suppose.

Well done with staying up Minisav, Akerman looks immense! Hopefully you'll be able to hang onto him. Looks like you were really shrewd in the transfer market last season, £17.5m income is huge for a club of your stature! Good luck establishing yourslef in the top flight.

Hope to see you back to the challenge soon Corinthiano

Just finished my, erm, 7th season. Will be back with an update soonish.

Nice job minisav. nice comeback and you are closer to winning the league. dam akerman has awesome stats i might buy him :p and nice colombian loan his stats looks great.

good to hear you didn't lose your gamemctavis that would had been awful.

well i am almost done with my first phase i will post probs tomorrow. My team keeps losing money no matter what.. but because of 1 of my players, 2 of my chairman sold for high price the club balance is not negative anymore but it will become probs next year. hopefully i will start gaining more money and be as rich as minisav icon_razz.gif.

Hey there Colorado, you should really join the challenge, doesn't matter how slow you go since everyone's just working through it at their own pace. No-one managing in Mexico or Peru at the moment Uruguay is indeed a strange league to play in, partly because the divisions are quite small (16 teams) which means not many games in a season so things tend to be pretty close at the end. Main reason I was so successful was I got linked with Danubio in the first season - the have by far the best youth setup in the league and after a couple of seasons I was able to sign alot of their best prospects on frees. I think in my 3rd season seven of my starting XI were Ex-Danubio youngsters ;o

At the moment I am in between houses so don't have FM set up at home. Next week things should be back to normal so I'm becoming increasingly tempted to begin a new career game then.

The bug with the Uruguayan leagues is a really big problem and ruined a really good game I had. Hopefully this will be fixed. One thing I've noticed with FM compared to real life particularly in South America is that clubs don't change managers no where near as often. On my editor (which may go against the princibles of some) I changed the Chairmans patience attribute from 1 to a maxium of 4. Clubs will often change manager 2, 3 or 4 times a year making it increasingly difficult but also more realistic. It takes some time to do but I really recommend it.

Good luck with your careers!!

Good Closing Stage minisav! You were pretty safe on the average points too!!

I was also amazed to see how much money you made from transfers. River and Boca have not been dealing very well with you. You re getting all their players on frees (I assume because they are unused players in their early twenties with good potential but havent broken into the giants frist teams) and sold a few of your players to them for good money!!

Am interested to see how you do in your second season in the top flight!!

And i hope you really manage to bring your finances to minisavs level andaos icon_smile.gif Selling your best players just to survive is not fun in the long run!!

Wow, you really have played a lot of seasons there McTavish! Are you still dominating Uruguay?

Archived