dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you can't scout him

Very good point icon14.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he on a free?

To sign a player, you must be able to scout them, this doesn't mean you have to, just he must be accessible to your scouts. If you have a foreign player on a free transfer who is willing to come on trial, you do not need to be able to scout them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:

After reloading god knows how many times after Team Bath didn't get promoted I chose the 2nd nearest team to me: Chippenham

Chippenham's New manager!

freelinet. Shouldn't your reputation be obscure icon_confused.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your guess is as good as mine icon_confused.gif , I set it up as stated in the opening of the thread!

Mine profile isn't the only one who has Unproven reputation so I don't know.

Originally posted by freelinet:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:

After reloading god knows how many times after Team Bath didn't get promoted I chose the 2nd nearest team to me: Chippenham

Chippenham's New manager!

freelinet. Shouldn't your reputation be obscure icon_confused.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your guess is as good as mine icon_confused.gif , I set it up as stated in the opening of the thread!

Mine profile isn't the only one who has Unproven reputation so I don't know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe it is an age thing?

pre season started well, busy triallists and staff turnaround at the turnball ground, signings of the season include Zevon Hines ex west ham and my new man Marco "BARBERS" Adaggio (for strings- for those who like their dance music!) looks like he'll start as sub!

barbers

Originally posted by Davey-Baby:

alrite dafuge,

im looking forward to this challenge, i did it last year got to league 2 then stopped, ive signed up to ur site and whn my mom gets home i will be starting the challenge, cant wait,.

Why are you waiting for your mom?

Is she your assistant manager? icon_biggrin.gif

DaveHammer. You're not alone mate. I've never completed this or Gundo's challenge.

In FM06 I won the Premiership with Hitchin and lost in the Qtr Finals of the Champions League.

In Fm07 I got to 3 consecutive Champions League Qtr Finals with Lisburn Rangers but never won icon_frown.gif.

Yeah i remember on a previous challenge us both moaning when we could'nt get a feeder club and every other player did!!

Anyway here is my profile

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o197/Dave_Hammer/DavidSeamanProfile.jpg

And my squad to start icon_frown.gif

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o197/Dave_Hammer/Che...elmsford_Players.jpg

Let the rollercoaster ride begin!

Originally posted by DaveHammer:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

DaveHammer. You're not alone mate. I've never completed this or Gundo's challenge.

In FM06 I won the Premiership with Hitchin and lost in the Qtr Finals of the Champions League.

In Fm07 I got to 3 consecutive Champions League Qtr Finals with Lisburn Rangers but never won icon_frown.gif.

Yeah i remember on a previous challenge us both moaning when we could'nt get a feeder club and every other player did!!

Anyway here is my profile

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o197/Dave_Hammer/DavidSeamanProfile.jpg

And my squad to start icon_frown.gif

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o197/Dave_Hammer/Che...elmsford_Players.jpg

Let the rollercoaster ride begin! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck icon14.gif

Originally posted by Scab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

Is that the ex Worksop Mark Haran? He was quality back in the day!

It is indeed. He and Ian Cox form a pretty darn good centre half pair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice one! icon_smile.gif

League Table

I wasn't expecting this after a pre-season with only draws... but I'm not complaining! Bar that terrible game with 3 red cards, the refs have really helped me out with a number of penalties and offside goals. Interestingly, both Hitchin and Tydfil - the two other newly-promoted teams - are also doing really good.

Season 1 Update

Well I've finally finished season one, and I'm up!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Won the playoff final on penalties against Southport icon_biggrin.gif

Final League Tabe

Play-Off Final

Player of the Season

Blue Square Premier here we come! Gonna be much harder obviously but I think with a few more players in we could do very well once again and go for consecutive promotions icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

quote:

you can't scout him

Very good point .

Is he on a free?

To sign a player, you must be able to scout them, this doesn't mean you have to, just he must be accessible to your scouts. If you have a foreign player on a free transfer who is willing to come on trial, you do not need to be able to scout them.

He rejected new offer of a contract from his present club and left them, so i offered him a 1 week trial which he accepted and then the next day offered him a 2 year contract.

Is that ok? Its the 1st time ive done this challenge so not too sure.

By the way im sure i did have the option of getting ascout report on him but i didnt bother, ive also been able to get scout reports for a few other foreigners which i thought was a bit strange as i cant send my scout out of the uk.

Originally posted by mattyisalegend:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

quote:

you can't scout him

Very good point .

Is he on a free?

He rejected new offer of a contract from his present club and left them, so i offered him a 1 week trial which he accepted and then the next day offered him a 2 year contract.

Is that ok? Its the 1st time ive done this challenge so not too sure.

By the way im sure i did have the option of getting ascout report on him but i didnt bother, ive also been able to get scout reports for a few other foreigners which i thought was a bit strange as i cant send my scout out of the uk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds alright to me

the other foreigners must of played or live in the uk

Itching to start this years challenge after having so much fun with last years (come on King's Lynn!), but alas being a Leicester lad living in the US I have to wait due to the stupid delayed release over here. My dvd.co.uk copy got shipped this morning by Royal Mail, so who knows when that will get here (still issues with postal strikes over there?).

Will buy and download the digital version if that pops before my package

Good luck all!!

Originally posted by NUFCSean:

Season 1 Update

Well I've finally finished season one, and I'm up!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Won the playoff final on penalties against Southport icon_biggrin.gif

Final League Tabe

Play-Off Final

Player of the Season

Blue Square Premier here we come! Gonna be much harder obviously but I think with a few more players in we could do very well once again and go for consecutive promotions icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats! icon_biggrin.gif

First update of the 2008 season!

Archived