dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Barnsley:

About the "Islanders"

8th July 2009 is the day im on, will they be available now. Whats the date of them coming on the game icon_smile.gif i know its been said before but i cant find it icon_frown.gif

Someone said 22.5.2010 earlier in the thread.

Originally posted by Scab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnsley:

About the "Islanders"

8th July 2009 is the day im on, will they be available now. Whats the date of them coming on the game icon_smile.gif i know its been said before but i cant find it icon_frown.gif

Someone said 22.5.2010 earlier in the thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Scab icon_smile.gif

Another season then icon14.gif

Originally posted by Alurny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Just installed the beta patch and on the change list is "- Fixed issue when assistant highly rates virtually the entire team."

The players I was about to sign before the patch which my assman loved, is now telling me to sign as a last resort despite them being better than what I have currently (ie no players!)

I'm not going to install until full patch is out. Things going fine for me ATM! Is that ok Dafuge? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's completely up to you, personally I'm going to install it and carry on. My contract is up at the end of the season so I'd like to see if this fixes it.

Just made a backup of my save game to this point before applying the 8.0.1beta patch and moved it to a different location so I can go back to it if it happens to screw my game up. Hopefully that won't happen, but I don't want to lose the first 5 seasons of play from this challenge.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Just installed the beta patch and on the change list is "- Fixed issue when assistant highly rates virtually the entire team."

The players I was about to sign before the patch which my assman loved, is now telling me to sign as a last resort despite them being better than what I have currently (ie no players!)

I'm not going to install until full patch is out. Things going fine for me ATM! Is that ok Dafuge? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's completely up to you, personally I'm going to install it and carry on. My contract is up at the end of the season so I'd like to see if this fixes it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just didn't want to break any rules icon14.gif

Though if it does fix contracts (is there a fix list> could someone report it in here! icon_smile.gif

How you finding league 2 dafuge? I have made a good start!

P: 2 W: 2 F: 6 A: 3

Unfortunately I got knocked out the League cup by ex premiership Millwall 1-0. My ulta defensive tactic just kept the score down. icon_smile.gif

Though if it does fix contracts (is there a fix list> could someone report it in here! icon_smile.gif

Unfortunately I got knocked out the League cup by ex premiership Millwall 1-0. My ulta defensive tactic just kept the score down. icon_smile.gif

There is a fix list here: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008

I haven't started League 2 yet, chances are I won't play until tomorrow.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(is there a fix list> could someone report it in here!

I doubt there will be. Only with the official full patch. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is one, and it's saved here C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\changelist.txt

The SI guys are being a bit funny about it being posted on the forums though as it's only a beta patch and are removing posts that contain details of it in GQ.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">(is there a fix list> could someone report it in here!

I doubt there will be. Only with the official full patch. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks aaberdeenn!

icon14.gif

When you planning to join the fun? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

It's completely up to you, personally I'm going to install it and carry on. My contract is up at the end of the season so I'd like to see if this fixes it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately I got knocked out the League cup by ex premiership Millwall 1-0. My ulta defensive tactic just kept the score down. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a fix list but SI have said they dont want it posted on the forums and will delete any copies of it they see on here. Already deleted the copied and pasted version on the beta patch thread itself.

Cant see anything specific about contracts or confidence in the change list.

Once the patch is installed the changelist can be found at C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\changelist.txt

About to have to sign some players my ass man and scouts dont rate just so i have a base squad.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Unfortunately I got knocked out the League cup by ex premiership Millwall 1-0. My ulta defensive tactic just kept the score down. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a fix list but SI have said they dont want it posted on the forums and will delete any copies of it they see on here. Already deleted the copied and pasted version on the beta patch thread itself.

Cant see anything specific about contracts or confidence in the change list.

Once the patch is installed the changelist can be found at C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\changelist.txt

About to have to sign some players my ass man and scouts dont rate just so i have a base squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I see there is.

I've not downloaded the patch yet because I don't have the game. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Thanks aaberdeenn!

icon14.gif

When you planning to join the fun? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I'm actually getting the game tomorrow, finally. icon14.gif

So will get my game up at some point tomorrow. A possible all nighter on the cards to help me get into it. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Thanks aaberdeenn!

icon14.gif

When you planning to join the fun? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So will get my game up at some point tomorrow. A possible all nighter on the cards to help me get into it. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had several of those already!

This FM is far more addictive than 07!

Or maybe Stamford and I were destined to be together. I also have a habit of collecting regens, something I have done already (I think 95% are regens)!

Haha! icon_cool.gif

Really enjoying the challenge, being here from the start really makes me feel more involved. I really want to finish this then move onto Gundo's so an early start will help with that too! icon_smile.gif

All of my staffs contracts ran out this summer, and as this is my first season in a higher division I decided to release them all and bring a complete backroom of new faces in. I was absolutely delighted to sign Jerry Gill - a youth team coach from Plymouth for £75,000 compensation after putting up an assistant notice in the job centre.

That's the most I've spent on a player or staff member alike, so I'm hoping he will be a great addition. I will hopefully get far more accurate team report now and be able to sort out my weaknesses far more effectively.

I am convinced post beta patch that the coach and scout reports are completely and utterly pointless.

See what i mean?

If the first line says the player is twice the player of my next person in the position, why am I being reccommended to offload the guy asap?

Hmm don't tell me they toned it down too much! What is your JPP/JPA for your scout reports?

I recently got Vonk (South Africa keeper) as my assistant and his JPA is 19. It gives me a realistic overview where as my JPA 10 scouts get every 1/2 wrong.

That defender is good by the way :p

I am convinced post beta patch that the coach and scout reports are completely and utterly pointless.

See what i mean?

If the first line says the player is twice the player of my next person in the position, why am I being reccommended to offload the guy asap?

To be honest I've always gone by the comparitive part of a scout report and made my decision from there. Incidently Hasim Deen has been a loyal servant in my Halesowen save. Reliable centre back.

Originally posted by paulsgruff:

All of my staffs contracts ran out this summer, and as this is my first season in a higher division I decided to release them all and bring a complete backroom of new faces in. I was absolutely delighted to sign Jerry Gill - a youth team coach from Plymouth for £75,000 compensation after putting up an assistant notice in the job centre.

That's the most I've spent on a player or staff member alike, so I'm hoping he will be a great addition. I will hopefully get far more accurate team report now and be able to sort out my weaknesses far more effectively.

He looks like a good addition mate, although a bit lacking in determination and motivation. Still, he should prove to be a sound acquisition particularly when it comes to judging players in the squad.

See what i mean?

Hmm don't tell me they toned it down too much! What is your JPP/JPA for your scout reports?

I recently got Vonk (South Africa keeper) as my assistant and his JPA is 19. It gives me a realistic overview where as my JPA 10 scouts get every 1/2 wrong.

That defender is good by the way :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have used that defender on my Hendon and Ilkeston games so am happy to resign him regardless.

My assman who gave that report has JPA 7 and JPP 6. Its my first season on this save and I have been shocked how much everything has been toned down.

It may just be that it has been made a lot more realistic and now working as intended, but for someone that was struggling before, I have a feeling it will make things even harder now.

Originally posted by iacovone:

He looks like a good addition mate, although a bit lacking in determination and motivation. Still, he should prove to be a sound acquisition particularly when it comes to judging players in the squad.

That's what I have been hoping, I've been doing most of the team talks etc myself, and as I am newly promoted, I am going to let him take control of the friendlies this season and see what he does with the tactics as he is very defensively minded and hope to pick up some ideas on survival.

Halesowen Town Blue Square North 2008/2009 Season

My first season in charge was an very good one. I was always in the top half of the league hoping I could sneak a play off place. Then came the turning point. 7 WINS IN A ROW. This then brought me up to seconed in the league. It all came down to the last league came of the season were there were 3 teams in with a shot of the title.

Halesowen Burton and Nuneaton last games:Burtons Match

My Match

Nuneatons Match

The final league table:

League Table

Knowone would have thought Nuneaton would have a chance. I was gutted at this point if I held out for 1 more minute I would have won the league. I didnt even think about the playoffs at this point.

The Play offs

Play off semis first leg

2nd leg

I was delighted even for that slight momment I forgot about what happened in the league.

The Play Off Final Vs Burton

The Big Match

It was an amazing feeling at one point I was proparing for another season in Blue Square North untill my team pulled of an amazing comeback (the best feeling i have had on fm)

The Key Players

Andy Caton

An amazing player always came up with the goals when needed. Recommended to anyone.

Aaron Webster

This guy was a joy to have. Didnt start the best but his performences when needed were amazing.

Club Information

Because of the promotion the chairman now wants to stay which is great because I was worried about my future.

Club Information

Transfers

Most of these are the reason I got promoted with amazing performances but others did let me down a bit but i cant complain.

Transfers

I now look foward to competing in the Blue Square Premier. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by kaNovi:

The Confidence/contract bug is not there !!! icon_mad.gif

I can't see anything there to do with board/fan confidence and manager contract renewals either. This was the only thing I was really hoping for with this patch.

The closing down and disallowed goals bugs I couldn't care less about, my team is still doing well despite these.

Season 2008/09 Review – AFC Wimbledon in the Blue Square South - phil1987

<STRIKE>**************************************************************************</STRIKE>

Once taking over the reigns at AFC Wimbledon I decided that if I was to be promoted I’d have to invest heavily, so I signed 16 players on free transfers and I counter the wage bill I got rid of 6 pieces of “dead wood†icon_smile.gif. Had a very good start to the season and it was clear from the start I’d achieve more than the 8th position predicted by the media.

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

Although my league form was good, my cup competitions weren’t as great as I tried to do an “Arsene†and give the youngsters a run out. Needless to say I got knocked out in the first round of all the cups entered.

Squad

My star players are 2 loan signings from Palace but a surprising star is our welsh wizard who was also our top goal scorer.

Loan signing 1

Loan signing 2

Club overview:

Bank Balance: £33,395

Wage Total: £11,380 p/w

Average Attendance: 2788

Highest Attendance: 4299

Affiliated Clubs: Crystal Palace, Horsham

Club Value: £325k

Squad Average Age: 22

Future plans:

After comfortable promotion this season I’ve got a feeling next season will be a lot tougher so I will again invest in quality players (including some on loan) during the summer and then see how it goes next term icon_cool.gif

So will get my game up at some point tomorrow. A possible all nighter on the cards to help me get into it. icon_wink.gif

Didn't realise you didn't have the game yet icon13.gif, reading this thread must be quite close to torture for you icon_biggrin.gif

Archived