dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the tiverton fiasco (still a little ****ed) I have now restarted with the mighty Gateshead.

Ive started by bringing in everyone overt the age of 17 from Sunderland who would come. The I went and spent my own money on fewer players, but of better quality than last time.

And the start has been much better as a result!

Kings Lynn FC Season 08/09- Blue Square North

My Profile

Staff

Transfers in/out-

Part 1

Part 2

My aims for Kings Lynn were to achieve a respectable position in BSN by 4 years in charge. To do this I had a transfer budget of 0 and a wage budget of 2.22k p/w

As you can see above, i bought in a lot of players and loans from Norwich (Parent club).

The season started fairly well with me hovering around the bottom of the playoff area, but slowly climbed to be in second place by the 1/2 way stage-

1/2 way table

This was built on a strong defence and decent attack- a 4-1-2-2-1/4-1-1-2-2 formation with wingers cutting in to be extra forwards.

I began to consolidate my position and towards the end of the season it was a 3 horse race between me, Farsley and Boston for the single promotion spot. Farsley had come from nowhere really, and had a 9 game winning streak that catapulted them into the running. They grabbed top spot with 6 games to go and opened up a 2 point margin. Luckily i had them to come in the run in.

Unluckily it finished as a 2-2 draw, Blackwood and McNeil grabbing the Kings Lynn goals.

In the penultimate game, Kings Lynn played Hinckley and Farsley played Hucknall

We grabbed a 3-1 away win, with goals from Daley, Renton and a late free kick from Rollo securing the points.

I decided to drag out the agony and forgot to check the Farsley score, so imagine my delight as Wiggins-Thomas had snatched a 93rd minute winner, sending Kings Lynn to the top of the table, it was in our hands going into the final game, which will be a separate feature post/match report.

1 game to go

My most important players this season were without doubt the loanees i bought in from Norwich, with Renton and Daley both finishing with double figures for goals, Jarvis and Smith being my first choice centre back partnership, and Rudd, who conceded less than a goal a game during his stint between the posts.

Special mentions also to

Peggy (WTF?) Lokando- scored a goal a game for his first 11 games, although he did pick up nearly as many bookings

Leo Fortune-West - He may be 37 but he was my first choice target man until McNeil came in.

Michael Blackwood- 10 assists even after missing 3 months with broken ribs and another 2 weeks with flu

Final top scorers list- Assists-

Renton- 13 (12) Oakes,Blackwood,Renton- all 10

McNeil- 12 (10) Rollo 9

Lokando- 11 (10) Fortune-West 7

Daley- 10 (9)

Fortune West- 7 (7)

Final Squad

Also-

Manager of season award

*bows down to the might of Gateshead*

Honestly thinking of playing them instead of Preston Cables. We will see my game has arrived as well by delivery from Britan...Was way quicker than release in NZ of 26th November icon_wink.gif Just waiting for my mate to bring it over 2moro afternoon as We purchased two and got them both sent out.

So as of 2moro I shall decide if I want Gateshead or just use the Preston save I have...

08/09 season final game- Kings Lynn v Stalybridge Celtic

As you can see in the table with one game to go, a win would be enough to secure promotion, a draw almost certainly enough, a defeat and I would have to hope that Nuneaton held Farsley at home

With a victory in mind I picked my strongest side, apart from Lokando, who was still not quite match fit, he was on the bench.

Line up

As a small extra, here is the build up screen, showing past meetings, top goalscorers etc

Build up

As the match kicked off, it wasn’t long before the first goal went in

1-0!!!

McNeil! Now if only we can hold on to this lead, Kings Lynn are up, and Farsley are still 0-0

Another strike from McNeil doubled the lead, now we had a cushion, and still Farsley were 0-0

2-0 and cruising

As I turned my thoughts to the 1/2 time team talk, I looked up to see McNeil turning on the edge of the box, and lash the ball home for his 3rd, probably his most important hat-trick of his career

Hat-trick hero

Farsley were now 1-0 at Nuneaton, although this didn’t matter anymore as surely promotion was in our grasp now.

Half time came and I decided to give Lokando a run out, to see if he could add to Stalybridge's misery

HT subs

Not much more happened until the 68th minute, where Farsley had just gone 2-0 up, and I decided to throw on the rest of my subs

final subs

The only other incident of note was a disallowed goal for Stalybridge, although promotion was already being celebrated anyway, so nobody would have been bothered if it had been given

The final whistle went and now promotion had been secured, beyond my wildest hopes for this season, which was mainly an avoid relegation hope than a promotion challenge

Final screen

Originally posted by Aario:

Morning all icon_smile.gif

A couple of quick questions....

1) well more of a statement really - I have started with Halesowen (rep 900) but they seem to actually be quite good - i.e. have a full squad of players (at least 2 for each position of a 442) and a decent enough Ass Man and Coach from the start plus a full squad of non-grey youth players a couple of which are also decent - anyone else found this? Was the 900 reputation wrong??

2) As well as the above we also start with a parent club (Kidderminster) and a feeder club (Romulus!?!?). As part of both these argeements we are meant to play friendlys. They are no on the fixture list so is it up to me to organise them or will they appear as a advance through the pre-season (am in early July at the moment)?

To answer my own (second) question - just in case anyone was wondering....

The friendlys with my feeder and parent club were not automatically generated and I had to manually organised them - not sure what would have happened if I hadn't icon_confused.gif

Anyone got any comments on the reputation of Halesowen? How does one find out a clubs reputation - do you have use the editor?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

Morning all icon_smile.gif

A couple of quick questions....

1) well more of a statement really - I have started with Halesowen (rep 900) but they seem to actually be quite good - i.e. have a full squad of players (at least 2 for each position of a 442) and a decent enough Ass Man and Coach from the start plus a full squad of non-grey youth players a couple of which are also decent - anyone else found this? Was the 900 reputation wrong??

2) As well as the above we also start with a parent club (Kidderminster) and a feeder club (Romulus!?!?). As part of both these argeements we are meant to play friendlys. They are no on the fixture list so is it up to me to organise them or will they appear as a advance through the pre-season (am in early July at the moment)?

To answer my own (second) question - just in case anyone was wondering....

The friendlys with my feeder and parent club were not automatically generated and I had to manually organised them - not sure what would have happened if I hadn't icon_confused.gif

Anyone got any comments on the reputation of Halesowen? How does one find out a clubs reputation - do you have use the editor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is quite strange, I've started with Guiseley, reputation over 1000, and we had no players, no staff, just a handful of useless youth players.

Anyone got any comments on the reputation of Halesowen? How does one find out a clubs reputation - do you have use the editor?

Team reputations are in the first post of this thread.

Season 2010/11 Review - Chippenham Town in the Blue Square Premier

After winning the league fairly comfortably last season and signing a new contract (only just), I was looking forward to a tough season in a new league. The media had predicted I would finish bottom, and the board wanted a safe mid table finish.

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

I had a decent start, but it soon became clear that I wasn't going to challenge for promotion and wasn't going to be in any danger of relegation. My season fizzled out as I abandoned try to improve my league position in favour of giving a few youngsters a few games.

Setanta Shield

My first ever real cup run ended in disappointment with the dreaded penalty shootout. My team have now scored a total of 3 penalties in the three shoutouts I've been involved in. Amazingly, two of those actually won me one.

Squad

I lost my star player Paddy for a lot of the season, which I think affected my form. It also looks as if I'm going to need to strengthen for next season as I'm not convinced the youngsters from the islands are going to be good enough at this level.

Transfers

No real signings this season, but I lost both of my first choice full backs because the chairman accepted bids. He was rather good as well.

Random stats

Bank Balance: £331916

Wage Total: £6122 p/w

Average Attendance: 1716

Highest Attendance: 2577

Affiliated Clubs: Bristol Rovers, Leatherhead, Woodford Utd

Club Value: £550k

Squad Average Age: 23

Red Cards: 10

Originally posted by dafuge:

Season 2010/11 Review - Chippenham Town in the Blue Square Premier

After winning the league fairly comfortably last season and signing a new contract (only just), I was looking forward to a tough season in a new league. The media had predicted I would finish bottom, and the board wanted a safe mid table finish.

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

I had a decent start, but it soon became clear that I wasn't going to challenge for promotion and wasn't going to be in any danger of relegation. My season fizzled out as I abandoned try to improve my league position in favour of giving a few youngsters a few games.

Setanta Shield

My first ever real cup run ended in disappointment with the dreaded penalty shootout. My team have now scored a total of 3 penalties in the three shoutouts I've been involved in. Amazingly, two of those actually won me one.

Squad

I lost my star player Paddy for a lot of the season, which I think affected my form. It also looks as if I'm going to need to strengthen for next season as I'm not convinced the youngsters from the islands are going to be good enough at this level.

Transfers

No real signings this season, but I lost both of my first choice full backs because the chairman accepted bids. He was rather good as well.

Random stats

Bank Balance: £331916

Wage Total: £6122 p/w

Average Attendance: 1716

Highest Attendance: 2577

Affiliated Clubs: Bristol Rovers, Leatherhead, Woodford Utd

Club Value: £550k

Squad Average Age: 23

Red Cards: 10

My season is pretty much mirroring yours!

Safe midtable in Febuary and in the semi's of the Setanta Shield!

Nice update!

Good luck for next season icon_smile.gif

Boreham Wood season 08/09

Table

Well I suppose I should be happy with 6th in my first season with a sub 1000 rep team. But it could of been alot better! An AWFUL run of 5 straight defeats to end the season dashed any hopes of a playoff place which I had held for most of the season.

It was a strange season. I started off with 6 youth team players and gradually, throughout the season I added more and more players to my squad - a method which probably cost me in the end. We started off pretty nicely, tailed off for a while, went on a 9 game unbeaten run (7 wins 2 draws) and then had a terrible end to the season. Very up and down.

In all honesty we probably werent good enough to go up this season anyway.

Squad

A few old codgers in there who I didnt use too much. I managed to get players who were as good if not better and were much younger so the 30 somethings were warming the bench quite alot.

Transfers in/out

Finances

Star players

Matty McNeil - If we scored a goal, more often than not this guy had something to do with it. 21 goals and 20 assists is an outstanding return for a target man and he should be a key element in a promotion push next season despite his advancing years.

Charles Ademeno - Young, pacey and he can finish. He started the season on fire but he never really found the scoring form after he came back from a 2 month injury. But still very young and encouraging feedback from coaches regarding his potential.

Neil Wainwright - Signed around January, I had to swallow my pride a bit with this signing as he came from my real team's (Hartlepool) fierce rivals (Darlington) but with a contribution like that I can forgive him.

Ones for the future

Charlie O'Loughlin - He had a much better season that his average rating suggests. He was often let down by his teamates but as an individual he had a very steady season and has a good future.

Medi Elito - If I can find a left sided player as good as this guy, I should be causing teams no end of problems out wide next season!

Stephen Hernandez - What is this guy doing in this division!?! Not that I'm complaining. I signed him in about January and he solved my keeper crisis very nicely.

Next season

Should be similar in the sense that there will be alot of comings and goings within the club. Alot of players are not having their contracts renewed and I hope to build of a good foundation of players that I already have here. Should be challenging for at least a playoff spot, but automatic promotion would be nice icon_wink.gif

Why is it you can never please your fans? :p

How exactly do I get my team to play football with lots of chances?

Think I have just about signed a team worthy of staying in the division.

This time round I seem to have a lot of non English people but I was able to scout them all.

Chippenham Town – Blue Square Conference South – 2008/09

The only two sub 1000 teams I got in two hours of reloading were Halesowen and Chippenham so I plumped for the later. Here is my profile.

We are to fight to avoid relegation this season which is just as well as the squad consists of eight useless youth players. Upon my arrival I also had the pleasure of discovering there was not a single member of the backroom staff. I quickly went about bringing in an assistant manager, coach, goalkeeping coach, physio and scout. All of whom I can brag are very poor to mediocre.

Wage budget is £2,200 which I will be looking to stay within. The chairman had outrageously suggested the wants us to win the league by the end of his two year plan! Mad man. icon_eek.gif

I set about assembling myself a squad to keep the Bluebirds up, these are the lucky lads plucked for battle.

Best players at this stage in my opinion will be Matty Crowell and Stefan Oakes who will be running the engine room, Captain Jamie Vincent at left back and youngster Zavon Hines who plays upfront landed on a free after his release from West Ham.

Birmingham City are also landed as a parent club, immediately sending two players who look fairly average to be honest on loan.

Only two games in so far. A hard earned point at Weston-Super-Mare where we had to play 85 minutes with 10 men after Mark Rawle was sent off for an elbow 5 minutes into his debut.

This was followed up by a 1-0 win over Thurrock, even if they did hit the bar three times.

This is my first attempt at this challenege so I don’t expect to be very well, next update will be a few months down the line. icon14.gif

Tiverton Town in the Conference South - Jan 2009 Update

Things have really turned round for the better since my last update - we have really got going at home, winning our last 4 home games now.

Some results of late:

Tiverton Town 3 - 0 Hayes and Yeading

Tiverton Town 1 - 2 Altrincham (Setanta Shield 4th Round)

Braintree Town 1 - 0 Tiverton Town

Tiverton Town 3 - 1 Bishops Stortford

Weymouth 2 - 0 Tiverton Town (FA Trophy 2nd Round)

AFC Wimbledon 2 - 4 Tiverton Town

Tiverton Town 3 - 1 Sutton United

Weston-super-Mare 1 - 1 Tiverton Town

Tiverton Town 3 - 0 St Albans

Currently 7th in the league, 4 points behind 4th and 5th placed Weston-super-Mare and Chelmsford. I have still to play Chelmsford, and a few of those above and around me, so if I can keep up the excellent home form, and decent away form, there is no reason i cannot sneak towards the playoffs.

(Also, Dafuge , is there any chance you could send me those kits you have - they would be much appreciated icon_wink.gif )

Season coming to a close with Halesowen guys. We've maintained a steady pace throughout and despite seeing Leigh run away with the league, we secured our playoff spot with a game to go.

So onto the playoffs. I will give an update (screenshot for each game). Come on The Yeltz!!!

March 2010 : Stamford Conference National

As expected (and strangely like Dafuge's season) I got knocked out in the semi final of the Setanta Shield on penalties.

Currently sit icon_redface.gif 7th after some much improved performances including a 5-1 demolition of Weymouth and a 1-0 against top of the table Oxford. Surely Stamford cant make it into the play offs?!

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Supermas2:

(Also, Dafuge , is there any chance you could send me those kits you have - they would be much appreciated icon_wink.gif )

Send me an e-mail and I'll reply to it, you don't seem to have one in your profile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

id like the ones from fmglive as well!

cheers

zut

Originally posted by Scab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

Team reputations are in the first post of this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif I know they in the first post icon_rolleyes.gif

If you had bothered to read my post icon_rolleyes.gif you would see I made reference to the quoted reputation for Halesowen of 900.

However, since I seemed to start with far more players and staff than anyone else has mentioned on here (as far as I have seen) I was wondering if the Halesowen reputation of 900 was in fact correct? I guess that since they do not appear to get promoted very often implies that they do in fact have a low reputation but would be interested to hear from other people playing with Halesowen as to what they started with.

I am wondering if I am not really a man after all icon_eek.gif

Gateshead - 11/12 Season Review - League Two

A very unspectacular yet steady debut season in the football league. Started off surprisingly well with 3 wins in our first 5 games. After 12 games it went horribly, horribly wrong, plummeting 13 places to 19th. 10 matches later, still no win. From here we picked up and went steady right to the end of the season, securing 14th place. We were expected to finish bottom, so icon_biggrin.gif lol.

I sold Dennis Oli, who I had signed for free at the start of the season, to Bristol Rovers in January for £250k! With that money i brought in some new players, most notably Matty Robson, Ryan Garry and Chris Shanks.

League Progression Graph

League Table

Squad

Originally posted by iacovone:

Season coming to a close with Halesowen guys. We've maintained a steady pace throughout and despite seeing Leigh run away with the league, we secured our playoff spot with a game to go.

So onto the playoffs. I will give an update (screenshot for each game). Come on The Yeltz!!!

Hey Iacovone,

Good work getting Halesowen into the playoffs

What sort of squad and staff did you start with??

Originally posted by redordead999:

**The Puritans-September '08**

Currently sitting 12th after the first month in charge after a very topsy-turvy beginning.

09/08/08 Cheltenham (a) 0-1

11/08/08 Bognor Regis (h) 0-1

16/08/08 Newport County (a) 0-1

All narrow losses in games I was never really out of but it still didn't really prepare me for the sudden change as the team seemed to click with each other and sublime skill suddenly became more than the name of the favourite in the 3:30.

23/08/08 Sutton Utd 4-0

25/08/08 AFC Wimbledon 5-0

30/08/08 Fisher 1-0

Pulling the strings has been new fan favourite Michael Charles

I have Michale Charles - I'll post a screenie at the end of my season but currently he has played 17, scored 4 and made 5 assists - quality player IMO

Having trouble getting into the forums icon_frown.gif anyone else?

Started off Ok with Witton, Won 2 Drawn 3 and Lost 0 so far, i seem difficult to break down this time around which is a good thing icon14.gif

Signed Kyle Wilson on a free ( for Jimbo icon_smile.gif) and hes a legend in his own world, he won the 2 games on his own by grabbing the winner both times.

Also Kirk Hudson is a good purchase has a 14 finishing and is fairly good so far icon14.gif

Mon the Witton

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scab:

If you had bothered to read my post icon_rolleyes.gif you would see I made reference to the quoted reputation for Halesowen of 900. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee, so sorry, Mr. Grouchy. I'll make sure not to try to answer any of your questions in the future.

I've signed a couple of golden oldies for my AFC Hornchurch team - Michael Twiss and Danny Granville icon_cool.gif Hoping they can add a bit of experience to my very young squad, Michael Twiss was a goal machine from AM in pre-season, so that's a bonus.

I also got some extra money from a sell on clause in the Mickey Stewart sale I made a couple of seasons ago. I wish I had kept hold of him now, he is playing first team football for Leicester City in the Championship. Didn't realise he had that much potential when I got rid of him, I would have upped my asking price to £500k instead of £250k icon_frown.gif

Life at the New Manor Ground - Continued

2008/09 in the Blue Square North, September and October update

A couple of months of consolidation, starting the period in 6th and ending in 4th, but going out of the FA Cup in the process.

We're still hamstrung by the prolonged takeover deal, which has been on and off now for nearly 4 months. This still means we can't sign players, even on loan, although our parent club Mansfield kindly tossed a few crumbs in out direction at the beginning of October. Meet Warren Burnell and Michael Grimoldby. Neither are going to particularly set the world alight, but it gives me a little depth as the injuries and suspensions bite.

The takeover looked dead on a couple of occasions at the beginning of September, when arguments about funds became public, but by the 15th there was hope again. Nothing happened on this front in the whole of October though.

September

We won our first game of the month at Burscough 2-0, despite having Matt Sombner sent off in the 65th minute whilst the scoreline was still level. This we followed up with a 2-1 win against Witton Albion, thanks to the first of a number of vital late Owen Story goals. This after club captain Gareth Williams had given us the lead with a freakish goal from almost on the goal-line, but outside the penalty area. He got laced in the dressing room for trying to claim it was intentional to the local journalists! Story got the injury time equaliser against Worcester to maintain our unbeaten run, before our form deserted us and we suffered back to back defeats at Hucknall and Workington, where the club were hosting a fans day, complete with brass bands, balloons, ballet dancers and numerous other things beginning with B. Hmmm, maybe that's something I should suggest to my chairman, whoever he is.

The month was rounded off by my first taste of FA Cup action, against Marine in the 2nd Qualifying Round. We battled Marine all season last time out in the Unibond Premier, so this was a grudge match of sorts. Although we got the breakthrough thanks to the excellent Danny Holmes, we had striker Dave Dixon sent off straight from the second half kickoff, and were under the kosh straight away. Marine missed (and I mean really missed - a sign of things to come) a penalty ten minutes into the second half, but snatched an equaliser to take it back to the New Manor Ground with ten minutes to go.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">06/09/08 at Burscough 2-0 (G: Danny Holmes, Lee Hoolickin. SO: Matt Somner)

13/09/08 vs Witton 2-1 (G: Gareth Williams, Owen Story) Att: 1073

16/09/08 vs Worcester 1-1 (G: Owen Story) Att: 1078

20/09/08 at Hucknall 0-1

23/09/08 at Workington 0-1

27/09/08 FAQ2 at Marine 1-1 (G: Danny Holmes. SO: Dave Dixon)</pre>

October

The first of the month, the managers birthday, saw Marine at the New Manor for the replay. In a game structured similarly to the first attempt, we took the lead only to concede three minutes from time. The late goal killed off our morale, and even though Marine had a man sent off in extra time we couldn't make the advantage pay. So the game went to penalties, as the pre-match predictions had suggested it would.

Worst Penalty Shoot Out ever

There's really no more to be said.

Our nasty habit of building a lead and throwing it a way continues into the league, where despite being 2-0 up inside quarter of an hour against AFC Telford, we're pegged back by the half hour mark. The rest of the game passes in a midfield battle of little note.

Our first taste of Setanta Shield action sees us ease past a dispirited Solihull Moors outfit, though not as convincingly as the 2-0 scoreline suggested. an early Story goal gave us the lead, but two (count them) dubious penalty decisions gave debutant Gianluca Havern the chance to prove why he should have been on the field at the end of the FA Cup Replay. He duly converted both and we smugly progressed to the next round.

I'm famous (at least locally) on the day after the game, as the NLP runs an article making me out to be the next David Dickinson

Back to the league and (surprise!) we threw away a 2-0 lead at Tamworth. The equaliser looks marginally offside to me, and I lose my rag at a journo after the game, more at our inability to defend a lead than the actual incident. Regardless, I'm rewarded with a touchline ban and a stern telling off from the board to brighten my mood. That mood is brightened a little as we score three in the first half against Hyde, and it's one too many for them to peg back in the second. Absolutely reeks of a problem masked rather than a problem solved. We make it back to back victories by rounding the month off with a 2-0 humping of Super Kyle and his team-mates from Barrow. OMG A CLEAN SHEET!!1!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">01/10/08 FAQ2R vs Marine 1-1p (G: Owen Story) Att: 208 <---miserable

04/10/08 vs AFC Telford 2-2 (G: Tom Clarke (2))

07/10/08 SSN1 vs Solihull M 3-0 (G: Gianluca Havern (2), Owen Story) Att: 189

18/10/08 at Tamworth 2-2 (G: Matt Somner, Owen Story)

21/10/08 vs Hyde 3-2 (G: Mo Harkin, Matt Somner, Tom Clarke) Att: 1136

29/10/08 vs Barrow 2-0 (G: Danny Holmes, Tom Clarke) Att: 1405 <---wow</pre>

4th P15 W7 D5 L3 GD+6 Pts26

Tom Clarke's goals and consistency win him the Player of the Month award, whilst I am runner up in the Manager of the Month stakes.

Finances continue to be healthy. There's no wonder the takeover is repeatedly stalling over the agreement of the price, when the cash assets keep rising (£73k now) and the value of the playing staff has risen (from zero).

Matt Somner, Tom Clarke and Danny Holmes continue to be the stars of the show, although Owen Story's 6 often vital goals are worthy of note.

I think I write too much. Is it obvious I used to live in FM Stories?

Stamford Update 2009/10 : Season review

Me

Stamford

League: Conference National

Predicted position: 24th

Finishing position: 7th

FA Cup: 1st Round Defeat to Wycombe (replay)

FA Trophy:

Setanta Shield: Semi Final Defeat to Oxford

Top Scorer: Chris Savage

League Review

The League

Initially had a very slow start playing a defensive 3-3-3-1-1 which occasionally got the odd result. Hovered in the second pack of teams too far ahead to be relegated and too far behind to make an impact in the playoff places. Signed a new striker at Christmas who helped the team to string together a series of good performances which lead to a useful final position.

The Graph

Cup Review

Fa Cup tie 1

A game in which I was dominated yet managed to sneak a goal. Easter lived up to his hype loosing my two man-marking system and blasting the ball home.

In the replay we were pretty much powerless to avoid defeat. icon_frown.gif

The Setanta shield provided a much more impressive cup run. My board expected an early exit but a string of good wins put me in the semi finals against then top of the table Oxford. I got absolutely demolished in this game and nothing I changed seemed to influence the game at all. Somehow we managed to hold on for penalties but ultimately the best team won.

Setanta Shield

The Squad

Squad

Despite struggling early on sever of my FREDs came on leaps and bounds. Sproule (now attracting the attention of league one Forest and championship Coventry), Savage (Tramere and Scunthorpe sticking their noses in, player of the season), Donaghy (Continues to improve) and Crothers all continue to impress. Crawford looks like he is on the brink of first team action as well icon_smile.gif

January signing Balanta did fairly well but promises a better season next campaign and Ugo performed well throughout the season.

Crawford Crothers Donaghy

Savage Sproule Balanta

Ugo

Aim for next season

-Playoffs

-Build on squad

Originally posted by Scab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scab:

If you had bothered to read my post icon_rolleyes.gif you would see I made reference to the quoted reputation for Halesowen of 900. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee, so sorry, Mr. Grouchy. I'll make sure not to try to answer any of your questions in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry if I have offended you - but you cutting out most of my post so that the question I appear to have asked is different from what I actually asked and the answering it by implying I had not even read the first post of the challenge is not exactly nice or helpful.

I've decided i'm going to re-start this before i've even played a day on my mangotsfield game. I think i decided to hastily on the team i would be and never really had the desire to play as them. WIll post a new profile etc later on tonight.

Archived