dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will! Take your time, like Sega did (just kiddin ;) )

I am hoping for FC United or Banbury to show up... Anyone going for the same team they had last year? Like Guiseley, Marine or whatsoever?

I quite fancy managing FC United, I might take a while reloading until I get them.

I quite fancy managing FC United, I might take a while reloading until I get them.

For what it's worth, I saw them quite a few times during my many reloads, so it doesn't appear to be the hardest team to get to appear.

Sweet! Sorry for asking, not bothered to use the search button but what is a ddt? A databased thingie made by dafuge?

To make it up with ya guys a hint on a great band from holland, try to download/buy it "Thx Jhn" from Johan (a bit like ehhh, Feeder, Keane, Coldplay, Kaiser Chiefs, etc.. ;))

The DDT file will retain only the players from the teams that are eligible for this challenge, so we get full squads without loading all the english+welsh players in the whole database. I'm sure dafuge will explain how to use it in the new thread.

Sweet! Sorry for asking, not bothered to use the search button but what is a ddt? A databased thingie made by dafuge?

To make it up with ya guys a hint on a great band from holland, try to download/buy it "Thx Jhn" from Johan (a bit like ehhh, Feeder, Keane, Coldplay, Kaiser Chiefs, etc.. ;))

Thanks for that band there actually quite good but I can't fins the song you mentioned.

Sadly my first attempt at this year's challenge has ended with a firm spanking from the board and a kick out the back door. On the plus side, I feel I'm getting more to grips with the new game engine and have higher hopes of progressing beyond the first season this time!

So, a new team and a new hope (Star Wars ref?). Wish good luck to the new manager of Chippenham Town.

Guest roberto922

Are you on FM 09? If so please go to: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2185782#post2185782

If you're on FM 08, you holiday to 19 June 2008, you can usually tell which are the promoted side by either looking at their domestic league history (which is usually empty for 07/08) or the last seasons table in the BSS/BSN and then check which sides are different on the new table.

Yes it is a very enjoyable challenge if you persist with it, the first season is usually the toughest but once you get past it it is fb.

Lastly good luck :thup:

P.S. If you are on FM 09 you save on June 24th.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gone back to this again!

Don't think this will be the season for Billericay, mainly as we're not even in the Champions League yet! However, we're currently 4th in the Premiership with 27 games gone, 2 in hand over 3rd place Arsenal so a chance to gain a spot with a few wins. The FA Cup is going well aswell this year, we've reached the Semis following a 4-2 win over Newcastle and a 1-0 win over Villa in the last two rounds.

The best news though is in the UEFA Cup, where in the knock-out rounds we've produced two giantkillings so far :cool:! Ajax fell first 4-2 on aggregate, with an excellent 3-0 home win in the first leg. However, even better was the next round, where AC Milan were defeated! The first leg was brilliant, beating them 4-3, with central midfielder Mark Mensah completed a first-ever hat-trick with a stoppage time winner. Following mad fist pumps and celebratory arm wavings, I progressed to the second leg, where we beat them yet again 2-1 at the San Siro, though not without fortune, they had a defender sent off at 1-1, before Richards expertly heading into his own net. Bring on the next team!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived