dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Guest roberto922

Boo!! :mad: lol I think it should just be called Dafuges challenge tbh but don't take your name out as it would lose readers straight away as theres probably a few people that just look out for your name to get started.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say your name adds huge gravitas to the sign-up. Even «dafuge's challenge» would be better than «The small club to big club challenge». However, I would say that the name at the moment does seem to long. Putting names in challenges is a bit of a weird thing really. I don't know whether my intended challenge for FM09 sounds better with or without my name in. WW thinks with. I think the main purpose of the name is to add gravitas and seperate it out as it's from a recognised name. Whether you want to do that is your call, as our local mod.

Guest roberto922

I think if you have a name with two syllables or less it's alright but more than that doesn't sound AS good although some sound alright.

Read the post you quoted of mine ;)
I've absolutely NO Idea what you're talking about. :D :D

I realised after I posted that you had sneakily edited it - and that was sarcasm in the no idea quote. Determining it from writing isn't my strong point :o.

How do people feel about calling this just 'the small club to big club challenge' for FM09?

I don't think any change to the name of the challenge is needed at all.

Everybody who knows about the challenge knows it as Dafuge's Challenge.

If you were to change anything then drop the small club to big club part, just keep it simply as Dafuge's Challenge.

Guest roberto922

AFC Wimbledon January Update - Season 10 (2017/2018)

To begin....

After the board decided that it would be a good idea to move us out of our brand new stadium for 6 months I thought it was terrible, now however I simply think 'Ka-ching-ah'. We're raking it in from having Stamford Bridge as our temporary home, especially in the last 2-3 months where our attendance figures have rocketed to an average of 48,000 :eek:. We've also had our training facilities expanded and they are now rated as excellent :cool:.

Premiership Prediction - 7th

Premiership Position - 1st :O

F.A Cup - 3rd Round (vs Arsenal)

League Cup - Semi Final (vs Liverpool)

UEFA Cup - 1st Knockout Round (vs Kayerispor) sp?

Premiership - Graph | Table

Premiership: I'm absolutely stunned by our season so far, utterly speechless. After managing to achieve a top defense through signing Fabio and Arboleda I was certain we could challenge for a top 4 spot but 1st place :eek: Rui Fonte and Ched Evans in particular have been key to our success as well as Fazio and Arboleda being amazing in defense. Robert Smith continues to amaze me as he remains our star player no matter who I bring in, at 26 he's now coming in to the prime of his career.

League Cup: Through to the semi final after a decent run and I'm hoping that we could get a treble this season.

EURO Cup: Started off against Amkar who we destroyed in the 1st leg before being lightly beaten in the 2nd leg. After that came the group stages where we faced Trabzonspor, PSV, B. Jerusalem and Inter Milan. We are set to face Kayserispor in the next round.

European Club Ranking: 79th

Season Summary

Fantastic so far and I've got a feeling we could win it.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 1st place. Promoted

Season 2 - Blue Square Premier - 1st Place. Promoted

Season 3 - League Two - 17th Place.

Season 4 - League Two - 2nd Place. Promoted

Season 5 - League One - 9th Place.

Season 6 - League One - 1st Place. Promoted

Season 7 - Championship - 5th Place. Promoted

Season 8 - Premiership - 7th Place. Qualified for EURO Vase

Season 9 - Premiership - 6th Place. Qualified for UEFA Cup

Season 10 - Premiership - 1st Place. Champions???

Note: From now on I'm just gonna do short updates once a season because with so few people reading now that we're getting so close to FM 2009 and becaus many have lost interest after completing it/failing, it's pointless doing long winded updates (also I wanna finish it before FM 09 comes out)

Guest roberto922

Ah right, I'm looking forward to FM 09 now, kinda sad that I'm so close to finishing this now when 09s just around the corner. Are you oing this one first again?

ok so basically ive never done well at these sort of things and tbh im not that great at the game in general.

so i didnt post all my stats up and stuff and take screenshots as it seemed pointless.

however ive now played 7 and won 7 so was wondering if it was possible still to sign up kinda thing if not it doesnt matter :)

ok so basically ive never done well at these sort of things and tbh im not that great at the game in general.

so i didnt post all my stats up and stuff and take screenshots as it seemed pointless.

however ive now played 6 and won 6 so was wondering if it was possible still to sign up kinda thing if not it doesnt matter :)

It should be fine, your manager profile should still be the same as when you started if you are only 6 games in.

Thinking about FM09, are there any rule changes that people would like to see?

One I'm considering is the banning of parent clubs. It seems that decent players are far too easy to get on loan this way, which can make the first couple of seasons too easy if you get lucky with a club that sends you a few players.

I'd be in favour of no parent clubs however one problem with banning parent clubs is the board sometimes set one up whether you ask for it or not. It's a good idea but could get messy.

I'd forgotten that happens and you're right, it would be hard to police and that's the last thing I want to be doing.

Hopefully with FM09 it won't be a problem, but I don't really want a repeat of what happened in the Wallace vs Roberts thread where some teams are able to get hold of a 40 goal a season superstar who single-handedly gets the club promoted.

Perhaps it's just best to leave it down to individuals to decided how they want to play it.

Fingers crossed FM09 will be better in terms of realistic loans. IRL, the only time I recall a top team loaning out a youngster who then proceeds to rip a league apart was West Ham loaning Defoe to a League 2 team way back when. Other than that loanees rarely make the headlines by being a class apart from everyone else in the division.

You could always add some guidelines that people can choose to follow. No need to police them but anyone who does play within the guidelines (realistic loans etc.) will have the satisfaction of knowing they made the game tougher for themselves and still succeeded.

Guest roberto922

How about if you can't have a parent club until League Two/ League One? I say that because having Arsenal loanees did help me alot in BSS and BSP but the effect of loanees was alot smaller once I hit League football.

Thinking about FM09, are there any rule changes that people would like to see?

One I'm considering is the banning of parent clubs. It seems that decent players are far too easy to get on loan this way, which can make the first couple of seasons too easy if you get lucky with a club that sends you a few players.

I don't think banning them is the way forward. I think a rule should be put in place regarding them, but it would be highly unfair for a club of BSS / BSP stature to firstly miss out on the finances from the link, but also a couple of fringe players. I do think that perhaps a 2 division max should be put in place. So BSN/BSS clubs must have a parent club from Div. 2 or BSP. BSP clubs from Div. 1 or Div. 2 and so on and so forth.

I don't think banning them is the way forward. I think a rule should be put in place regarding them, but it would be highly unfair for a club of BSS / BSP stature to firstly miss out on the finances from the link, but also a couple of fringe players. I do think that perhaps a 2 division max should be put in place. So BSN/BSS clubs must have a parent club from Div. 2 or BSP. BSP clubs from Div. 1 or Div. 2 and so on and so forth.

It's not the parent club itself I want to get rid of, I'm all in favour of that. It's the players they lend out who do not belong in the BSN/S which I'm not happy with.

So just don't let people choose one themselves but don't punish them if their board gets one?

I think the news item for both methods of getting a Parent club is much the same so no way of knowing if the board imposed the new parent club or the manager choose them.

It could all be academic, SI may have fixed this (unrealistic loanee's playing for BSN/BSS teams) as part of the totally rewritten transfer system. The demo should give a fair indication if this is the case and gives plenty of time for new rules to be decided upon before the full release and people start the challenge proper.

Guest roberto922

TBH I don't see what's bad about players making the most of what's given to them, if you're offered a choice of Arsenal, Leeds or Charlton as a feeder club you're gonna go for Arsenal, why would you go for the lesser version? It's like being offered a choice between a Sega Megadrive or a PS3.

TBH I don't see what's bad about players making the most of what's given to them, if you're offered a choice of Arsenal, Leeds or Charlton as a feeder club you're gonna go for Arsenal, why would you go for the lesser version? It's like being offered a choice between a Sega Megadrive or a PS3.

I think that the parent clubs and they players they loan out are a bit flawed in FM08 and generally we don't like making the most out of flaws in the game while playing this challenge. I'm hoping that this won't be the case with FM09 but just in case I'm thinking about ways around it.

Guest roberto922

Loaning is and always has been a big part of LLM since before feeder clubs/parent clubs were even thought of. Plus it still doesn't solve the problem of your board getting you a parent club :/

Archived