dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silly me.

You are already scouting them so you just have to either wait for him to finish or cancel the order and send someone else.

2 scouts can't scout the same domestic competition.

I can't remember what I originally suggested but I currently am doing the following.

Scout 1. England & next opposition.

Scout 2. England & Reserves.

Scout 3. England & U18's.

And I still can't get over how good Chef is. Its just stupid.!

He's next to useless in this league.

GK's are better so that he doesn;t smash them in from 40 yards anymore and he just gets torn apart when defending. I;m tempted to try him out at DM to see if I can "carry" him in that position otherwise its game over for him.

Silly me.

You are already scouting them so you just have to either wait for him to finish or cancel the order and send someone else.

2 scouts can't scout the same domestic competition.

I can't remember what I originally suggested but I currently am doing the following.

Scout 1. England & next opposition.

Scout 2. England & Reserves.

Scout 3. England & U18's.

I don't think you get my problem.

Current Scout Assignments

Available Assignments

The option to scout the reserves, or U-18's, just isn't there.

[/Qand the guy thats already scouting the reserves hasn't handed me a response from it in monthsUOTE]

You can't set someone else to scout it because you already have someone scouting it, (albeit not doing a very good job).

If you end the current search then it will become available again if you delete it, or you can just send him again.

[/Qand the guy thats already scouting the reserves hasn't handed me a response from it in monthsUOTE]

You can't set someone else to scout it because you already have someone scouting it, (albeit not doing a very good job).

If you end the current search then it will become available again if you delete it, or you can just send him again.

Are you sure only 1 scout can scout an area? I already have a guy scouting League 2, and can set my next scout on to league 2 aswell.

Well with none of my scouts set a competition to scout, they can each scout all the English Competitions.

As soon as I set a competition to be scouted by 1 scout, then the other 2 scouts are unable to scout that competition.

I just assumed this was normal.

Are you sure that you have a scot scouting L2 and you can send another at the same time?

Hitchin Season Review 2008/09 BSS

After taking over I needed to build the entire team as well as entire backroom staff, after my pre-season results I really thought that the media prediction of 20th was overestimating my team! I also asked for a parent team and got a choice between MK Dons or Wycombe. Didnt like either team so I turned them both down.

I took many players on trial and manged to sign plenty. After winnig my first two games I then lost my next two. So I was looking for a mid-table finish, however a run of 15 league games unbeatten put my to second. At some point during this run I asked for a parent club again and got offerd Luton, Palace or Watford, I went with Watford and they sent me Will Hoskins and Lionel Ainsworth on loan. Both players turned out to be very helpful.

My good form continued as we pushed (or at least tried to) crawley all the way. They however were by far the beat team in the league and we never got close to catching them, so had to settle for second place, which I would have jumped at at the start of the season.

In the play-offs I comfortably beat Bromly 5-2 on agg and had to play Newport County. Both games in the league between us had ended in draws so I knew it would be a tight game.

Play-Off Final http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/NewportCovHitchinOverview.png

Promotion at the first time:thup:

Cup's were ok, won a couple of early games, but the only run I had was in the FA Trophy where I got to the last 16 before losing.

League Table http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/BlueSquareSouthStages-2.png

Club Informationhttp://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/HitchinTownInformation.png

Player's of the year

Will Hoskins http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/WillHoskinsProfile.png

Zavon Hines (look at the goals:D)http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/ZavonHinesProfile.png

Have manged to Get Hines on a long contract as well!

Carl Hales - Currently scouting League 2

Wes Kemp - Currently scouting England only

Wes Kemp - Now scouting England and League 2

And Hales is still scouting league 2. I deleted all assignments from the scouts (aside from the England ones) - and the ability to scout the reserves and U-18s still wasn't there

That doesn't make sense.

I'll try and keep an eye on mine this season and see if I can work out what is happening with yours.

After having a quick look at mine, I'm wondering if they can only do 1 scouting job at a time and the other waits until jthe previous 1 is finished, (so it looks like he is doing to scouting jobs but in effect he has to finish 1 before starting the other).

Very strange.

Happy Slappy, Merthyr Tydfil 2008/2009

Table - We managed to finish 13th in the league, which was well beyond my expectations, honestly, I would have been pleased even if we finished 17th.

Play-Offs - A 5-4 win against Hayes & Yeading meant that we would be up against Dorchester in the final, unfortunately, we lost 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw.

Squad - Here are the Lads

POTY - I dunno why, but this Barnes really shone during the season despite only being 17.

Finances - We made quite a bit of money this season, mainly from our cup exploits.

Overview - And here is an overview of the season.

I'm expecting a lot from the lads next season, if we can get the DM and ST on loan then promotion should be achieved quite easily.

I have a carreer with Maidenhead United. I won the Premiership in 2020 for the first time. It's not with a promoted team, like in your challenger, but I figure it's worth posting here anyway.

Prizes won with Maidenhead United: http://i33.tinypic.com/2cengns.jpg

Richest club of the world: http://i35.tinypic.com/sfb3pf.jpg

And no, I didn't cheat in the beginning or anything, it was just really easy with loaned players from my parent club (West Ham).

Happy. Pleasantly surprised to see that you finished 3rd rather than 13th.

You had the best defensive record but obviously need someone else to support Mee up front as Rudge seems to be a bit of a passenger.

Your defenders haven't contributed many goals so maybe set-pieces is an area that you could be improved on. I'm flying on indirect free-kicks over the last couple of seasons.

Now that Billericay and Dorchester are gone it should be easier this season as I wouldn't expect the relegated teams to be as good as them. They seem to be pretty impressive across the board.

I've had to use him as a ML for the past few games as my starting ML has been injured.

And because I have a DM and DL on season-long loans I could only get him in on a 3 month loan, and in January he nearly went to Burnley for £150k but decided to sign a new 2 year contract at Bristol City and re-new his loan for another 3 months.

:D

Barteh. That's great:thup:, but unless your managing a team that was previously unplayable then we're not really interested. Sorry.

As for using a "parent club" is anyone interested in joining my crusade to ban parent clubs in this challenge in FM09;)?

I wouldnt mind that, it is against FA rules is it not???? With some clubs you can go whole career without getting a parent club. I would much prefer a system where your relationship with another manager dictated the likelyhood of them sending players.

Yeah much more realistic.

Like what happened with Aberdeen when we signed Aluko. Alex McLeish, as an ex-don, helped get the deal done that he might not have done for another club. This could easily extend to managers helping each other out. A much better idea than the current one. I know certain teams have connections like Man Utd with Antwerp but teams like AFC Wimbledon getting amazing players sent on loan to them is a little far-fetched. Great idea :thup:

Hitchin Town Season Review 2009/10 BSP

At the end of last season I was worried that I had, maybe got promotion a season to early, and after 5 games ib the higher league I was sure of that! :D my record stood at p5 w0 d1 4:( After playing around with some players and trying a new foramtion I went on an 17 games unbeaten run wich pushed me up the table. the rest of the season was a kind of "one step forward, two steps back" thing, and Iended the season midtable.

The cups were poor, knocked out in the first couple of rounds of all of them. Did beat L2 Notts County away in the FA cup 2nd round though:thup:

League Table http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/BlueSquarePremierStages-2.png

League Graph http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/BlueSquarePremierPastPositions.png

POTY http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/ZavonHinesProfile-2.png

My plan for summer singings are to concentrate on my defence, as it's been my ST's (well Hines really, he has scored 63 goals in 85 games) that got me promoted, and kept me up

It's good to see that a few new guys have followed me, Nep & Happy in having a new go at this.

darren. That first year in Conference National is hard isn't it. 4 relegation spots certainly makes for an interesting end of season.

Kopites. Welcome and good luck with AFC Wimbledon.

Happy. It would be good to see GK's sent off more often wouldn't it, (especially if you won 3-0 each time).

mag man. What format are you saving your pics as. When I click on them they appear small and when I enlarge them they appear blurred.

Im using a mac and use the screenshot function of my computer, saves them as .png there of reasonable quality and size and only go small and blurry once uploaded. Any suggestions to an alternative method of screenshotting and which settings to use on upload?

darren. That first year in Conference National is hard isn't it. 4 relegation spots certainly makes for an interesting end of season.

God yeah, the step up is huge! My players done well before christmas, but I think the fact most were still part-time really caught up with them, I plan on signing players to full-time deals this summer

Im using a mac and use the screenshot function of my computer, saves them as .png there of reasonable quality and size and only go small and blurry once uploaded. Any suggestions to an alternative method of screenshotting and which settings to use on upload?

Realised part of my mistake, photobucket was set to a 1mb limit. However the files are enormous so anyone have a mac recommend a alternative to (apple + shift + 4) to screenshot?

Download graphic converter. Its free for 30 days, but once the trial has run out, you can just delete it off your system and download it again. Save your screen shots, open them in GC and go to File > Save As. Here, you can save them as .jpeg (among many other options) - and even choose the quality and file size. I put mine on about 85% of the .png quality and makes the file sizes from about 450kb to about 180kb. :thup:

Realised part of my mistake, photobucket was set to a 1mb limit. However the files are enormous so anyone have a mac recommend a alternative to (apple + shift + 4) to screenshot?

Just create a new account on photobucket. As far as I'm aware, they don't limit accounts to IPs, so you could create an account solely for FM. Failing that, I think I paid £11.99 for a life membership at PB that allows me unlimited uploads.

mag man. Can't you just save them as a jpeg rather than a png? Wouldn't that solve the problem with memory ussage on photobucket? (I don't know anythying about Macs so this might not be possible).

darren. Even in the first season, as soon as I sign players on 1 year part-time contracts, if they are young and look like they will play an important part,either then or in the future, then I get them on full time contracts. It means that they immediately start to train on a full-time rather vthan part-time basis so should speed development.

darren. Even in the first season, as soon as I sign players on 1 year part-time contracts, if they are young and look like they will play an important part,either then or in the future, then I get them on full time contracts. It means that they immediately start to train on a full-time rather vthan part-time basis so should speed development.

didn't think of that

may try it myself

mag man. Can't you just save them as a jpeg rather than a png? Wouldn't that solve the problem with memory ussage on photobucket? (I don't know anythying about Macs so this might not be possible).

Mac and FM both automatically save it as .png (Its easier for the mac to read and write) Its very easy to get around though, I've been doing it for years :D

Download graphic converter. Its free for 30 days, but once the trial has run out, you can just delete it off your system and download it again. Save your screen shots, open them in GC and go to File > Save As. Here, you can save them as .jpeg (among many other options) - and even choose the quality and file size. I put mine on about 85% of the .png quality and makes the file sizes from about 450kb to about 180kb. :thup:

Cheers, saves opening them all in preview and saving as JPG one at the time.

I've tried this, but whenever I offer, the player always rejects saying they'd prefer to sign a part-time deal :(

Edit: 33 goals? Doch does look very good

I've tried this, but whenever I offer, the player always rejects saying they'd prefer to sign a part-time deal :(

Edit: 33 goals? Doch does look very good

I try an keep wages to a minimum as I usually have a very big squad to enable me to keep selling anyone who attracts interest from elsewhere.

To start off with I sign players on part-time contracts of £50pw.

You can usually sign these players onto full-time contracts for £70pw (but you may have to go higher depending on the player performance slevels).

When you go up a league then I still sign players onto part-time contracts, (just vto make sure that I get them as that is what they want), but again I try to sign them onto full-time contracts asap, (although you now have to pay more to get them to agree).

I'm now in my 2nd season in Conference National and my top earner is on £300pw.

God yeah, the step up is huge! My players done well before christmas, but I think the fact most were still part-time really caught up with them, I plan on signing players to full-time deals this summer

Im finding it tough too. Cruised the BSS but the quality increase is massive.

This is only the beginning but just showing my squad and that I am following the rules and such.

1) Money is always an issue so i tried to play bigger teams in friendlies and i want to sell loads of decent players in my reserves are there any other ideas? As you can see not a terrible start to my lower management career.

2) The squad that is hopefully gonna win promotion and the dealings in the market so far.

3) Star Italian stallion so far lol.

Archived