dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not been on for a few days so I just scanned through.

I'm upto December in my game, 2 games off Jan. Might give a mid-season update on 1st Jan.

BTW, you can not sign players parent clubs send to you. Just when they say they're sending them go on the players profile and click withdraw transfer bid.

P.S. Might change my name to R2D2 just to fit in with the whole 'R' and number thing. haha.

Guest roberto922

Holy baby Jesus! I was gonna leave my end of season update until 1st July but I got an overload of news in that beautiful month of June :D My report will be along soon, I'm starting it now but it'll be a long one... calming down now :)

Guest roberto922

AFC Wimbledon end of season update - Season 7 (2014/2015)

To Begin :- Brand New Stadium!

That's right we have a new stadium on the way, it'll hold over 18,000 and will also have undersoil heating. The name? In honour of my miracle work over 7 seasons they have decided to name the stadium The... AFC Wimbledon Stadium:mad:. The stadium will cost 15.75m (15.25m has been taken as a loan) and will be completed by 15th June 2017.

Training Facilities expansion

To add to my construction delights/expenses we will be getting a boost to the training facilities, my guess is that they will be taken up to a good standard. This will certainly be useful in the long run.

Arsenal link terminated

After a long and fruitful 7 year affiliacy we have split from Arsenal due to reasons to be uncovered.

Championship Prediction - 24th

Championship Position - 5th

F.A Cup - 4th Round (Defeated by Tottenham)

League Cup - 3rd Round (Defeated by Fulham)

Championship - Table - Graph unavailable due to advancement past June 20th

Whoohoo a helluva season! My target for this season was to avoid relegation. The result?? Well let's just say we've brought in £29.5 million in PREMIER Division TV Rights :D the table says it all, absolutely speechless tbh and this is easily my best FM Season. I'll shut up now and get on with the rest of it because I could talk all day right now...

Best Elevens - Season | Overall

Other Info

Finances

Squad

Team Info

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Player Records

Team Records

AFC Wimbledons Player of the Year - Adriano

Players of the Season

Adriano - As he reaches the twilight of his career he just keeps on going, I seriously doubt he'll be a regular in the Prem as his pace is criminal now but he's been a fantastic signing for the two years we've had him so far and I'm sure he'll bang a few in from the subs bench at least.

Rui Fonte - Marked his return to the club with a good season, making a fantastic contribution of 26 goals and 20 assists, he also reestablished himself as our all time top scorer but I think Simpson will end up taking it from him.

Lars Pedersen - He's been a defensive rock for us over the last three seasons and IMO he will be more than good enough to remain as our DM as we enter the Premiership battle.

Robert Smith - This lad continues to amaze me as he enters his 6th season with us and continues to improve. To lead us from Blue Square outcasts to Premiership new boys is amazing IMO and this man is destined for greatness... with us of course.

John Simpson - yet another outstanding season from Simpson and he is the one striker that I am convinced will be able to mix it in the Premiership.

Youngster Watch

Right then, time to have a look at my various youngsters so far. My main success so far seems to have come from Germany where I picked up 3 youngsters from the freebie market. Jozef Sedlak is also progressing well along with my other new youngsters.

Jozef Sedlak - He's progressing well now and had an impressive strike rate in the reserves of over 70 goals, his stats are now starting to improve quite a bit but he looks like a player that I'll be making a quick buck off rather than establishing himself as a regular, mainly thanks to this next kid.

Michael Hartmann - Easily the best prospect we've had since a 16 year old Robert Smith turned up. He has real star potential and I'll certainly be watching him closely.

These two players are the two I'll be following the closest and I certainly hope to get at least one of them in to the first team for a cup match or two.

Season Summary

Absolutely amazed with my season. We'll be in the big time and changes will be needed but I'm confident that I have a strong enough bacbone to keep us up. Big changes are afoot at Kingsmeadow and I'm just glad to be a part of it.

Manager history

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 1st place. Promoted

Season 2 - Blue Square Premier - 3rd place. Promoted

Season 3 - League Two - 17th place

Season 4 - League Two - 2nd place. Promoted

Season 5 - League One - 9th place

Season 6 - League One - 1st place. Promoted

Season 7 - Championship - 5th place. Promoted

Honours

Blue Square South Title - 2009

English FA Trophy - 2010

JPT Trophy - 2013

League One - 2014

Mid-Season Update - Hednesford 08-09

Blue Square North

In the league I've been doing quite well for my first season in charge. I'm 5th (for those not familiar with the BSN 5th is the last play off place) which is good considering I got hit by an injury crisis about October/November time. At the very start of the season, about August/Early September time I wasn't doing as well though. I won my first two games which was all well and good but then I went on a run of four games without a win and it all looked a but bleak. My next result was a 2-1 win over Gainsborough. Then I lost 3 on the trot and it looked like we were relegation candidates again. Then I went on a seven game winning streak which fired us back to play off contenders. Then a draw came and another draw. Once again we fought back and won two games on the trot and come January 1st our last game was a 0-0 draw with promotion contenders Kettering. It was a hard fought match but was well worth the away point to a strong team. The only downside was that Star man Stuart Thurgood got banned for one match due to two yellows. Our recent form has left us 5th in the league.

FA Cup

We had a fairly decent run in the FA Cup this year for a BSN team. First up was the second qualifying round against fellow BSN team King's Lynn. We won this game fairly comfortably with a 3-0 win. In the 3rd Qualifying round we got drew up against Rushall, a greyed out team from the leagues below the Blue Square ones. They caused a scare as they went 1-0 up after 12 minutes but we showed good character and lethal finishing as we ran off 3-1 winners. We had Worksop in the 4th qualifying round and the first match was even stevens as we drew 1-1, it was a tough game and no team showed enough class to deserve the a place in the next round. So it went down to a replay, this ended 0-0 after 90 minutes and boiled down to extra time, it was end to end stuff with both teams ending with more than 20 shots each. But still the two teams could not be seperated and then came the dreaded penalty shootout, eventually we won on pens 5-3 as they hammered two of their pens wide, we however managed to put away all 5. So next came the round where League 1 teams enter. and we got one. at home. it was possibly the best draw we could have got as we maxed out the stadium and held our pride intact when we only lost 1-0 due to a 25 yard strike in the 87th minute. Our FA Cup dream was overbut we had a good time none-the-less.

Setanta Shield

In the Setanta shield we entered in the 1st round against Barrow and a good solid game as we ran out deserved winners in a 2-0 win. Next up was Gateshead and once again we played a good game and ran out 2-0 winners again. Then came our first test in the SS: Farsley. They had been relegated out of the BSP and were a strong side, despite our surprising dominance we drew 2-2 and went to penalties, we won 4-2 on penalties this time and I was delighted with the win. That was until I saw who we got drawn up against: Stevenage. They were a favourite for promotion to the Football League out of the BSP and they had obvious quality. This showed when we got nailed 5-1 by them. It was a bit of a reality check for the lads but we were all the more focused on the league now.

FA Trophy

The final Cup we were entered in and it was maybe the most disappointing one of the lot. We entered at the 3rd qualifying round and finshed at the 3rd qualifying round replay. the result was 2-2 in the first lef where we took both chances we had as Dorchester played us off the park. In the replay it was the same stroy except they put away more of their chances in a very similar match to the first one. We were very disappointed by our performance but again, gave us more focus on the league.

Mid Season Summary

Well I'm pleased with our position in the league as it shows that we do have quality but the FA Trophy performance was awful and it wont happen again. Our run in the FA Cup was extremely good aswell and I hope we can go that one step further next time round. As for the end of this season I plan to get promoted whether it be play-offs or we go on a sudden winning streak of 19 games and win it. I also want a parent club so will persevere with my board and I will get one.

By the way I might do monthly updates from now on, what do you reckon?

Im on a horrible winless streak with marine. My 2nd season in league 2 after two successive promotions and im struggling at the bottom of the table. My parent team liverpool hardly helped in terms of loaned players and the ones that kept me up last season (mainly Amoo) now dont want to come to me. I found some talented youngsters which are good enough for my first team which is a positive i guess. A 17 yr old DM scouted from bury U-18 squad could become a player for the prem i reckon. Need to get there first though.

Any advice on how to change my fortune would be great.

Guest roberto922

They're only at about £2 million after season ticket sales, I had to pay the players 1m in clauses.

Mit p - My tips would be to scour the freebies market for as long as you can and pick out the best players possible and mess about with your tactics for a bit until you find a good one, at the moment I've got a good 4-4-2 with an AM farrow that's working brilliant and the work has certainly payed off.

Well, good luck in the Premiership roberto and hope you stay there.:)

mit_p - what roberto said. Look through everyone who is unattached, scout them and trial them. Also remember to look through the news items where some players leave their clubs after mutual termination. I got some players using that route too for a season or two.

I currently use a 4-1-2-2-1 tactic that's kept me afloat in League 2, and nearly got me into League 1 last season.

Guest roberto922

We've had a fantastic start to the season so far, we were robbed against Bolton 1-1 then we beat Liverpool 2-0 and we're 3-2 up vs Spurs at half time.

Yeah im using a tried and tested tactic, ive used it for all of my games so far on fm08 and had something similar on 07.

Its 442 diamond with the DM pushed up to CM with a barrow to dm and the AM has a farrow to CF. Got preston to champ league and stockport to prem with it. I'll mess around with it though, needs a change i guess.

With regards to the free players ive got 2 scouts, one with 19 potential judgement and other with 20 current ability judgement, cant find me much but will keep on trying. I found a good way to find cheap young players for free is to look at europe's national teams and pick up the free players from there. If theyve had a cap you can see their full stats which is pretty cool. Got laurie Dalla valle from finland...legend, although he isnt that good on this game.

Cheers for the advise and i'll let you know how it goes.

Maybe also look for a national team in the Caribbean, mit_p. Some of them have real quality:p

Found a regen from Montserrat through my scout who I'm bleeding into the first team, and trying to get the rest of the national team as well:D

I might even go as far as purchasing (yes, I might actually spend my transfer budget:p) a Montserrat striker from Crawley. He's worth 200k though.

January '08 Update - Hednesford

Results

v Burscough lost 2-1

v Nuneaton won 2-1

v Leigh won 2-1

v Altrincham won 1-0

v Gainsborough lost 4-0

v AFC Telford drew 0-0

Overall not a bad month bar the game against Gainsborough. In that game we were awful, well after Rusk got sent off we were: He got sent off on the 18th minute and after that we had no one down the right hand side of defence capable of covering so the opposition exploited that and came away 4-0 victors. We did, however, have a goal disallowed when they were only 1-0 up and it seemed perfectly legal to me but hey, I'm the manager lol.gif I think the match could have changed had that goal counted. Thurgood showed his free kick clas once more as he managed to score three outstanding free kicks in that month alone. I'm also unhappy at the Burscough result as it is the second time we have played them this season and once again the decisions went against us: we had two players sent off and their second was offside moop.gif I can assure you I'm not just saying that lol.gif In the Telford result we had so many chances but just didn't put them away, it seems Ademeno just hasn't recaptured the form he had before his 3 month injury.

League Table

t_BlueSquareNm_0a42e21.png

As you can see that unlcuky draw against Telford cost us and sees us drop out of the play offs and into 6th.

Bulfin. Looking good despite dropping out of the playoffs:thup:.

Your League Table pic is too small though. I don't know how to post pics like that but if that's what you want to do then you need to save it as a jpeg rather than whatever that is.

ps. Where did you get them smilies from?

I just clicked on the screenshot button in FM then uploaded and used it as a thumbnail. By the way what do you mean it's too big when you click it.

I am posting my updates on TD aswell so I copied it off there and the smilies came with it I guess.

I use imageshack more than photobucket:p (I'm too lazy to sign in sometimes lol)

And how do you only have the image roberto? My photobucket links always have other things like zoom in and stuff as well...

I use imageshack quickshot. Fantastic tool which uploads images and give me the url directly so I just can paste it :thup:

Archived