dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jimbodarlo:

Currently holidaying :D can't wait but think im going to go above 1000 rep since im not a man yet im only 17 :D haha technically not old enough to be a 'real man'

I seems kinda hard to get a <1000 rep team promoted anyway. I've kept reloading for an hour now and it hasn't happened once.

Looking forward to this challenge again this year. Although i didn't come close to finishing last year (stupid corrupt game files) I'm really looking forward to giving it a go again this year.

Still about a week to go on this side of the world... so keep those updates coming so all of us yanks have something to read while we wait.

Jimbo Super Kyle looks like a machine on your holiday year... where did Barrow end up finishing? Seemed like in the mini demo challenge people were having a very hard time with them. Might be hard to pry away a 20 goal scorer though. Whats his initial value?

Do you have any French coaches? It seemed like in the demo I was picking up a bit of knowledge from a random coach despite not having that country set as a nationality.

I've been meaning to try this challenge for a long time now, and I guess with a new version of FM its a good time to start. I decided to manage Merthyr Tydfil; no non-grey players outside of the youth squad, and no staff either! Lots of work to be done before the start of the season, but I do get Cardiff City as a parent club, so hopefully I'll get a few good loans in from them.

Manager Profile

Jimbo Super Kyle looks like a machine on your holiday year... where did Barrow end up finishing? Seemed like in the mini demo challenge people were having a very hard time with them. Might be hard to pry away a 20 goal scorer though. Whats his initial value?

Do you have any French coaches? It seemed like in the demo I was picking up a bit of knowledge from a random coach despite not having that country set as a nationality.

Super Kyle is only valued at £2,000 but anything at all is reasonable down here. He is listed as indespensible though and is contracted until June 2010.

I have a player/coach who is Tunisian, but his knowledge is all African icon_confused.gif.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Jimbo Super Kyle looks like a machine on your holiday year... where did Barrow end up finishing? Seemed like in the mini demo challenge people were having a very hard time with them. Might be hard to pry away a 20 goal scorer though. Whats his initial value?

Super Kyle is only valued at £2,000 but anything at all is reasonable down here. He is listed as indespensible though and is contracted until June 2010.

I have a player/coach who is Tunisian, but his knowledge is all African icon_confused.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure that Tunisia is linked with France in someway, like many African countries such as Ivory Coast are.

Originally posted by jimbodarlo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bontcho Guentchev

Who Is He? Divulgeeeeeee icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have a search for him. He's at Hendon. I met him once, when he was in his... prime. if prime is the right word.

Don't think he'll pay 46 games at that age but his creativity's high enough to change a game!

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have a player/coach who is Tunisian, but his knowledge is all African Confused.

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I meant was it wasn't French icon_biggrin.gif.

It seems to be taking a lot longer to holiday on FM 08 compared to FM 07. Still, I'm on May now, so not much longer!

By the way, just in case I was supposed to state it, I started on a medium database rather than large - as shown by my holidaying experience, my computer can't take too much!

I meant he didn't have any French knowledge. It was all African.

Oohh thats why i shouldn't jump in half way through a conversation i suppose lol

Guttered i just holidayed(sp) all ready to go then realised i had only done english league Coca Cola League :| have to holiday again icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Gilbster:

I have been reloading for ages, and still havent seen a single sub 1000 team. I think I have seen King's Lynn the most so far.

I'll continue, since I really want a hard challenge and possibly a localish team. They must appear eventually I hope.

If anyone has a good starting save then give me a shout over email and i'll see about getting it on the site for others to use. icon_smile.gif

Finally found a team with under 1000 rep after a few reloads, Halesowen Town.

Manager Profile

They seem to already have a parent club in Kidderminster and a feeder club in Sutton Coldfield, so hopefully can get a few loanees to come play for me.

The board also have some low expectations, but are also willing to listen to offers so a takeover may be forthcoming. A bit of cash wudn't go amiss!

Originally posted by Gilbster:

I have been reloading for ages, and still havent seen a single sub 1000 team. I think I have seen King's Lynn the most so far.

I'll continue, since I really want a hard challenge and possibly a localish team. They must appear eventually I hope.

Same here, but I'm holding out hope of getting a sub-1000 team soon!

Merthyr Tydfil and Gateshead have come up most so far for me, followed by King's Lynn, Chelmsford and AFC Wimbledon.

Archived