dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally managed to sign my first non-English member of my backroom, a Swedish scout. I've been trying for 2 or 3 game years to get one in.

I missed out on signing the usual Bulgarian staff member and it looks like he's retired in my game.

So I'm in the process of trying to get a large number of Scandinavian trialists in. 80% of the offers understanably get rejected and of the players who have joined 10% get the trial terminated within a day.

So far I've got 2 or 3 that could be good signings for the club.

I really do need to keep an eye out for more foreign staff members.

Originally posted by kccircle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

Photobucket is much better - you can click on most images to increase size and also by doing so doens't bring up some poker pop up that evades my pop up blocker each time

Does it have a program where you just push a button it uploads the screen ? Because im using imageshacks quickshot, and its really easy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think so. I just copy screen, paste into paint, save and upload. My only problem is PC with FM on is connected via wireless adapter and the upload is slow sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, but its really easy with that quickshot program, so unless i find a similar program on photobucket i think ill stick with imageshack for now

It would appear that as much as turning the game off in the middle of a winning streak is sure to make you blow it, it also works in the opposite direction.

After a whole lot of frustration last night and constantly blowing 2-0 leads we have won our first game in 13 matches. We are still in the bottom half but I'm confident of avoiding relegation. There are no words to describe how bad my defence is, it's almost like having 4 Titus Bramble's at the back and Paul Robinson in goal.

That clean sheet that i posted about yesterday remain my only one of the season, we have played 31 games icon_frown.gif

Is there a record for fewest clean sheets in a season? Honestly my defence can't do anything and it's really starting to annoy me. I've tried everything i can think of (high closing down, tight marking, zonal/man marking, deep and high lines) nothing works icon_frown.gif

Ok well I started again.

Was having no fun with my Ilkston game, so gone for Tiverton this time round.

Signed one or two of my old faveourites - Obeng and Magno Viera to name but two - and being Tiverton meant I had Plymouth as a parent club who sent me both Cherno Samba and Ruben Reid as strikers, who quite frankly **** on the BSS. Oh for a left back and a keeper!!

Another intersting signing for me has been former England international Dion Dublin, who finally signed after after 3 months of the season. His experience has been important at the back for me so far.

Anyway here's the Profile Screenshot. Am half way through the season so far and things are going pretty well if I'm honest.

Now I'm annoyed. Just received a 150K bid for my 3rd choice striker. I'm way over budget so the cash would be a god-send. I of course accept only for the player to reject the contract offer. To make matters worse he is off contract here at the end of the season so will probably leave for nothing as i can't afford to re-sign him

Hemel Hempstead - League 2 - 2017/18 End of Season Update

Yet another topsy turvy season for Hemel Hempstead. Nothing to write home about and I'm fairly annoyed with the final position. Couldnt even get to the playoffs, and ended up in 8th by a point. I just cant get any consistency at the moment.

No idea how to progress for next season. The club is losing money by the day, and without a new stadium with potentially more weekly income I can't see a way our of our financial situation.

Table

Transfers

Graph

Originally posted by Gilbster:

KUTGW Annihilator666.

What level of win bonus do you all announce at the start of the season, and how much difference does it really have?

I usually go for Normal, but a couple of times I went for high. I actually got promoted from League Two at the first attempt after offering a high league win bonus...

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

KUTGW Annihilator666.

What level of win bonus do you all announce at the start of the season, and how much difference does it really have?

I usually go for Normal, but a couple of times I went for high. I actually got promoted from League Two at the first attempt after offering a high league win bonus... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GL for the Final.

I suspect I may go for high this season as I am starting to get bored of League 2, and I just hope I dont fully bankrupt the club at the same time.

Originally posted by Gilbster:

KUTGW Annihilator666.

I nearly always use normal.

I put a high league bonus on my first ever season, some of the players had "Inspired by the high league bonus" or words to that effect for they General happiness however we finished 12th so obviously they weren't that inspired.

I put a low one on for the 2nd season and we won the league, so not to sure on what effect it has on the players.

Originally posted by matty_8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Porto, who are good, but not as good as Milan or Inter. I've had a look at their team and they have a few good players, but also a couple of really bad players who are in the first 11.

are you playing it tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. icon_biggrin.gif

Just gotta get through the last couple of league games first.

I think i am going to need to go and see a psychiatrist after this season. I firmly believe that no matter what i do my team will concede goals. It's gone from 1 a match early in the season to at least 2 a game now. Our results aren't to bad but the should be better. Many 2-2 draws and 3-2 wins/loses. I have bought in new defenders and keepers but it's making no difference.

The FM gods have decided my team cannot keep a clean sheet. Ever.

Season end - Boreham Wood - Championship 16/17

League Table

Graph

There where some ups and downs but must of the time we played pretty well.

The times when bradshaw was away with injuries we couldnt get a win.. im not to happy to rely on this one man!

and this one guy needs some space for himself. dispite not having the greatest attributes he continues to impress me!

Mr. Bradshaw

History

52 goals this season!!! i cant imagine how many goals he would have scored if he was fit the whole season. he was out in 5 weeks this season.

Squad

The squad has been cut in size big time. i wanted to cut some deadweight but i also got some offers for players that i couldnt refuse. i was in problems in the january window as i could not find enough quality to strengthen my team.

Transfers

As you see, ive made 26 mio on players, really good. but this also means i have to strengthen my team heavely if im gonna have any hope for staying in the premier league!!

Some more screenshots:

Information

Finances

Top Goalscorers

Champions League Final

What a game. With 10 mins left, I threw on my sub striker to play three up front, and he scored in the 88th min. icon_biggrin.gif

Game then went to penalties after not much action in extra time. We missed our first three penalties, leaving my ready to tear my hair out. However, we scored our last two and Porto missed their last penalty to take it to sudden death. After five straight misses in sudden death, Arnaud Mendy steps up and slots home to win the Champions League for Merthyr Tydfil!

Champions League Final

What a game. With 10 mins left, I threw on my sub striker to play three up front, and he scored in the 88th min. icon_biggrin.gif

Game then went to penalties after not much action in extra time. We missed our first three penalties, leaving my ready to tear my hair out. However, we scored our last two and Porto missed their last penalty to take it to sudden death. After five straight misses in sudden death, Arnaud Mendy steps up and slots home to win the Champions League for Merthyr Tydfil!

That was a thriller i could imagine icon_biggrin.gif

Well done !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

That was a thriller i could imagine icon_biggrin.gif

Well done !

Hehe, yea, it was a fun final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps not if you had lost in the end icon_smile.gif

Annihilator666 - Merthyr Tydfil - Season 23/24 - Premier League

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Gareth Mitchell

Fans' Player of the Year - Gareth Mitchell

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Premier League:

The team was a bit more inconsistent in the league this season, especially away. Five of our six defeats were on the road, so that's a bit disappointing. We went into the last game of the season against Liverpool, away, needing a win to snatch the title from their crasp. But the team could only manage a draw, which meant a second place finish.

Champions League:

Check the posts above to see what happened...

FA Cup:

Got to the quarterfinals of the FA Cup, but went out against Manchester United in a match they totally dominated at Old Trafford.

League Cup:

Made it to the Final of the League Cup, where we were up against Man City. The game went to penalties after City came back from being 2-0 down after 10 mins to draw the game 2-2. Unfortunately, they won the pen. shootout 5-3.

Originally posted by westhamrob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Zavon Hines

wet ham let him go??? in real life i have very high hopes for him, irl he is showing alot of potential </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly. I was scouring the list of out of contract players, and I recognized the name Zavon Hines and thought, "QUALITY!". So I offered him a contract regardless of what his agent thinks of my club, and Zavon agreed. My only problem with him in my current save is that he seems to be really prone to injury. He has had 3 minor injuries after 5 matches into the season, and I'm just hoping he doesn't break a leg.

On the positive side, my other striker (Rhys Henry) is averaging over a goal a game... must think he is Theirry.

Archived