dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

BSS playoff final

You do not have any luck what so ever in those finals.

isnt it hard to keep the morale up ?

Well, lets hope u get straight promotion next season icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Including my Chippenham game I've got 1 win from 4 playoff finals icon_frown.gif

Whitby Town, Season 08/09 - Blue Square North - Season Review

Having informed the board that avoiding relegation was the target, I was very surprised that I managed to do much better than that... namely automatic promotion! A seven game unbeaten run at the end of the season, coupled with Nuneaton's inability to keep a seven-point gap open, means that Whitby have back-to-back promotion into the Blue Square Premier!

A modest wage budget of £2.1k wasn't breached once, and the squad really did themselves proud. There were, of course, stand out individuals, namely Obeng, Craddock and Owens.

Unfortunately, the backbone of the team were on loan, and will shortly be leaving, meaning the future may not be quite so rosy. Still, a sacking seems highly unlikely, lest the board suffer a fans' revolt!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Got a pretty decent looking youth player through my youth system

Ken Woods

he looks great.. does tiv has that good a youth system at the start ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, they started with good facilities + a youth academy.

Hemel Hempstead - BSS - 2009/10 End of Season Update

After a promising first season in the BSS, my aims for this season were to get a top half finish or better. Crystal Palace has a lovely team to players willing to come on loan to me, so I had 8 players from there, including two renewed from last season. I also managed to sign 1 great Bulgarian midfielder, and 2 top strikers.

My new superstar striker I had on loan from QPR last season, but he was released and agreed to sign for me.

Was a pretty consistent season from Hemel Hempstead and we have finished in 2nd place in the league with the dreaded playoffs to follow.

Regardless of how I do in the playoffs, I need to sign some real players for next season, as I cant keep relying on Palace.

Table

Graph

Confidence

Superstar Player - and he's all mine!

Transfers

Ok Playoff Semi Final against Ebbsfleet coming up. Played them twice and its a win apiece going into the semis.

I was wondering how many of you play real LLM rules? and by that I mean no use of the search screen at all and no typing in player names and scouting them.

I mean using the job centre fully and only signing players that your scout finds.

I'm asking this because I keep having trouble assembling a team from the start. I manage to sign a scout within a week or two into the game but it isn't until about a week before the season until he comes back with anything. It's hard to assemble a squad before the season.

This is also why I'd like to be able to retain lower league players so that you have something to work with from the start and not just a handful of 16 year olds.

If the latest result in this forum is anything to go by, you will lose.. lets hope you brake the curse ! fingers crossed

Yesssss, I've been promoted to the Championship!!

Curse is broken icon_biggrin.gif

Was a very close game decided by penalties.. promoted thanks to my keeper saved 4 penalties in the shoot-out and another in the game! icon_smile.gif

Playoff Final

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

I was wondering how many of you play real LLM rules? and by that I mean no use of the search screen at all and no typing in player names and scouting them.

I mean using the job centre fully and only signing players that your scout finds.

I'm asking this because I keep having trouble assembling a team from the start. I manage to sign a scout within a week or two into the game but it isn't until about a week before the season until he comes back with anything. It's hard to assemble a squad before the season.

This is also why I'd like to be able to retain lower league players so that you have something to work with from the start and not just a handful of 16 year olds.

I use the player search feature because, IMO, what's the point in having certain country Knowledge if it can't be used?

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

I don't play by the LLM rules because I completely disagree with their view on the player search screen.

The player search is a generated list of players according to your scouting knowledge, those players are on that list because of the knowledge of the scouts and coaches you have. In older versions of the game, this wasn't the case, it was just a list of players and it seems that the LLM's are still treating it as it was in the older versions of the game.

In my opinion, waiting for a scout to report on a player before signing him is a ridiculous way of going about things. Scouts will often attend certain matches to watch particular players, they don't just wander about aimlessly then report back on anyone interesting. I like to give my scouts a list of players I want them to look at, then wait for the reports before thinking about signing them.

If a manager was informed of a talented player in Cameroon by a member of his staff or a fellow manager, would he instruct his scout to go and look at him or would he just buy him a ticket to Cameroon?

its pretty wild how much pace means in these lower leagues.. my loan with 17 in acc and pace is totally dominating.

almost everything else he suck at;

loan

I think having strong physical stats generally results in being amazing in non-league on FM08. That and he has two of the three main stats (for me anyway) to be a striker being Finishing & Composure (the third being First Touch).

Originally posted by joshpmilton:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

its pretty wild how much pace means in these lower leagues.. my loan with 17 in acc and pace is totally dominating.

almost everything else he suck at;

loan

I think having strong physical stats generally results in being amazing in non-league on FM08. That and he has two of the three main stats (for me anyway) to be a striker being Finishing & Composure (the third being First Touch). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it does off course depend on what kinda striker youre looking for but i agree with you.

Although he could have better off the ball as well

Bedford - League One - 2012/13 - End OF Season Update

After my second season in League One I got promoted. Throughout the season I was nearly always in the first 4 positions and in fact ended up 4th and got promoted through the playoffs. Won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy for the 2nd consecutive season too.

Some stars this season:-

Ricky Shakes - great winger signed him in January and did a fantastic job.

Chris Whelpdale - my other winger had a good season too. This was his 3rd season with Bedford.

Beranger - signed him for free, proved to be class.

Nicholl - signed in january too. Made some great performances, saved 5 penalties in the playoff final. icon14.gif

Rodriguez - my top scorer this season.

Play-off Final

Cup Final

Confidence

Graph- Table

The player search is a generated list of players according to your scouting knowledge, those players are on that list because of the knowledge of the scouts and coaches you have. In older versions of the game, this wasn't the case, it was just a list of players and it seems that the LLM's are still treating it as it was in the older versions of the game.

Completely agree with you there. When I had only English scouts I rarely found good players from other nations. Now I have scouts with french and dutch knowledge and I find great youngsters for my team icon14.gif

Go on holiday until 20th June. (Hint - saving on 19th June may give you a better choice of teams by saving and reloading the game). This shouldn't take that long, perhaps about an hour.

Wrong info so now I don't have a good choice of teams. icon_frown.gif The lowest reputation from the teams I got was 1000 reputation Bedford Town.

My Profile

I have only 6 (all 16 years old!) playable players and basically, they are all lumps of wood. So... I guess I'll be bringing in 20 or so players for my 1st team as well as 10 or so youths that'll replace some of the 20 in a couple of seasons since I'll be targeting oldies or players who won't be improving but are of enough standard to compete in the bottom league. This will probably mean 6 months of hell due to players not gelling but my board expect me to "attempt" to avoid relegation.

There is only one problem with my staff though: there are none. I'll be looking for an assistant manager, a fitness coach, a goalkeeping coach, a few regular coaches, a physio and a decent scout. I'll try and kill 2 birds with one stone and get some player/coaches. My Chairman status is currently "Happy to stay", after I'm finished spending all £0 transfer budget and increasing my wage expenditure from £60 to £2,500 he'll be "Desperate to leave the sinking ship".

I have a feeder club of my own (wtf?), Dunstable who have no playable players so that's a great feeder club. My parent club is much better, Coca Cola League 1 side Luton. I'll raid them as well as asking for another parent club.

That about sums it up - onward and upward and I think I'll be choosing "avoid relegation" as my seasonal expectations, I'm not daring enough to go for a mid-table finish I'm afraid.

Originally posted by ]steffelliott[:

Go on holiday until 20th June. (Hint - saving on 19th June may give you a better choice of teams by saving and reloading the game). This shouldn't take that long, perhaps about an hour.

Wrong info so now I don't have a good choice of teams. icon_frown.gif The lowest reputation from the teams I got was 1000 reputation Bedford Town.

The website is using last year's information, if you have a look at the first post in this thread you will find the correct dates.

Archived