Tactical Theorems & Frameworks

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I use the shouts. If I can, I don't want to go back to the sliders at all. But sometimes it's useful for getting a particular feel for your side. I think over the next few months we'll see a lot of "hybrid" tactics where people create tactics in the creator and then make changes to the sliders.

But I like the dynamism of using the creator. Not to say that any other way of playing is "wrong", by any stretch of the imagination.

@yonko,

the tactics of the two Bulgarian teams are rather interesting, though I think that there should have slight changes in CSKA scheme and players who played. It's pitty that I can't write in fm-Britain forums while I'm at work because it's filtered, but I will soon try to add my personal opinion (yes, I'm Bulgarian too). Still I can say that the two tactics present a rather interesting option for managers who play with lower league teams or don't have a world class players and have to adopt a style based on the abilities of their own players. Still if you're interested in Bulgarian FM forums you can visit fm-fans.net. :)

Still TT&F 10 is a great piece of work and I also printed my copy, so I can read easily. Great job and thanks to all people who worked on it.

Really?! That's interesting, is he on this forum? Did he tell you how the bulgarian players set up in the nightclubs :-)

I'm now.

Hello compatriots ( yonko and Dragula ).

I will hang out here little bit more from now on. So any suggestions or corrections about the Bulgarian club will be appreciated - either here or in FM-B.

If you think there's a better role to describe him, by all means let us know. We've got a good discussion going at the moment as to how to refine that Barca tactic, and it could well be the first one we update. :thup:

Would of said he was a Poacher.:confused:

Where is the discussion?

Tactical Theorems '10 was designed to be a "breathing" document, hence the appendix section and "tactical visions" section that was included in the package. Therefore, we would like the ability to make sure every single person who has downloaded the eBook to get the updates for it. This system we have in place right now allows us to do this under the guidelines set by the Can Spam act and our ISP's terms of service. It also prevents a heavy chunk of bandwidth costs as last year's TT&F09 was linked across the web directly to our servers - now it's impossible to do this, plus we're able to keep track of downloads much closer and give very good *individualized* technical support.

Once we release more guides/eBooks in the coming months, you'll get a jist to why we've set up this distribution system... but of course, feel free to inquire about anything relating to it as we'll always be very open & transparent on everything we do here. Was the process too difficult or too much of a hassle for you? Definitely let me know so I can improve it as best as I can.

Just started reading this on the recommendation of Mr Wwfan. By the looks of it, this is a fantastic document. I've read very little of it but already it has got me into the wizard, which at first I was dismissive of, and has got me thinking much deeper about it. Really excited about reading the rest of it. Cracking work chaps!!

Thanks for the quick reply but i still cant find the link

0_fmb.jpg

The only clickable link in this screenshot is the privacy policy one. the Tactical Theorems ‘10 link does not work. Am I looking at the wrong part of the site?

You need to enable Java script in your browser. But if you're still having problems, e-mail support@fm-britain and we'll get it sorted for you ASAP.

Took a few days to download since the first attempt had a bugged zip and than I couldn't re-download for a while. But got it now. With the postal strike in England ensuring I'll be waiting ages for my game, this thorough discussion of real tactics as opposed to just an 'FM slider manual' is just what i need to keep me going. Absolutely brilliant stuff guys!!!

Tried to download it yesterday. Entered my email and....nothing. Absolutely sure the email address was entered correctly. Tried to do the same thing again, but there seems to be an issue with the script in the 'enter your email address' box.

Are there plans to issue another Excel based worksheet - that was a godsend last year. Great work again, guys!!!

There already is one. It's called the tactics creator. :) Seriously, no there won't. The new tactics creator is the logical evolution of the excel spreadsheet. So, we see no need to create one. If you want a TT style tactic, create it in the tactics creator, and then convert it to classic if you prefer the old slider system. :thup:

Will there be translation of TT10 into other languages?

We currently have translations being worked on in 7 languages, I believe.

So it seems there are download issues, why not just post this normally, somewhere like Rapidshare for example? I guess they want email addresses and there's some ulterior motive going on. If you want to distribute this then distribute it, don't mess about.

Ah. Yes there is. Right on the second page of the document.

There is a reason why we have chosen the path we have with the guide, and a reason why we specifically didn't want people putting it up on Rapidshare etc.

Please, have some courtesy and don't post these links up. We've put a lot of effort into this guide, and there are reasons why we want some control over how it is distributed.

OK. I believe all of this is covered both in this thread and in our privacy policy, but I'm willing to go over it again for the sake of clarity.

As we have already mentioned, we will be updating the guide throughout the year, and the best way to get updates to people quickly is to use their e-mail address. Also, in future, we will have some e-books which will not be free - which means we need to test the distribution system. This is a good way for us to be able to see whether the e-mail system will work, and also a good way of us being able to keep a close eye on how many people have downloaded the guide.

We won't be using the e-mails to spam people or sell **** to them that they don't want. Anyone who wants their e-mail removed from our database can do so by clicking on the link in their e-mail.

We've been honest with this from the get go. While the document is free for people to download, it isn't open source, nor is it freely available everywhere on the web.

Anyone who absolutely objects to putting their e-mail in at all is welcome to e-mail us or get in contact with us and we will be happy to either remove them from the database or send them a copy directly. :thup:

Millie, I requested the TT10 three times already but received no reply (the first one was in the last week). There is no reply stopped in my spam box either nor the box has any rules which would be able to delete the mail. How can I get a copy of it?

best wishes

OK. I believe all of this is covered both in this thread and in our privacy policy, but I'm willing to go over it again for the sake of clarity.

As we have already mentioned, we will be updating the guide throughout the year, and the best way to get updates to people quickly is to use their e-mail address. Also, in future, we will have some e-books which will not be free - which means we need to test the distribution system. This is a good way for us to be able to see whether the e-mail system will work, and also a good way of us being able to keep a close eye on how many people have downloaded the guide.

We won't be using the e-mails to spam people or sell **** to them that they don't want. Anyone who wants their e-mail removed from our database can do so by clicking on the link in their e-mail.

We've been honest with this from the get go. While the document is free for people to download, it isn't open source, nor is it freely available everywhere on the web.

Anyone who absolutely objects to putting their e-mail in at all is welcome to e-mail us or get in contact with us and we will be happy to either remove them from the database or send them a copy directly. :thup:

Millie, I requested the TT10 three times already but received no reply (the first one was in the last week). There is no reply stopped in my spam box either nor the box has any rules which would be able to delete the mail. How can I get a copy of it?

Please e-mail us at support@fm-britain.co.uk from the e-mail address you submitted and I will take care of you right away!

Archived