FM10: English small club to big club challenge: extended edition

Guest roberto922

Wigan PR Season 2010/11

Personnel File:- http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/RoyalHankey/Personnal2010.jpg

Season Odds:- http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/RoyalHankey/Odds2010.jpg

Pre-Season

Had a good pre-season, played ok in my friendlies and looking forward to the season.

This Seasons Aim:- Mid Table to top half table.

Next Seasons Aim:- Top half or promotion via play-offs or direct.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922

Good update. But could you please use this title format:

[username] [club name] - Season * (2***/2***) - Starting Division: [division in first season] (Starting level, level 10, 9 etc.) Current Division: [division at the start of new season]

So mine for example is:

Wigan Robin Park FC Update - Season 1 (2009/2010) - Starting Division: NW Counties Div. One (Level 10)

And so is yours coincidentally.

I forgot to add it to the OP, I'll do it now.

We have finished the pre season with 3 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss. The best win being against the GH Academy. The problem is that in 7 games we have only scored 4 goals but then again we have only conceded 2. We have signed a few good players but it is hard as everyone is only on amateur contracts which meant that our best player left after just one friendly. It also meant our assistant manager left which meant we had to get a new one. I am confident that we can achieve promotion if we can get a few more midfielders.

Time for me to carry on after I get some dinner :D. I'm playing serious for the challenge like a real manager, so no restarts, no downloading tactics etc - we've played one pre-season game which was against the youth team and I certainly hope my tactic works a bit better when I get in the right players. We won 1-0 with a good shot from a talented 22 year old striker at the club called Ismael Ehui but we didn't play so well.

My Southwick game is proving very tough. I think the finances are a real issue. I will give this challenge another go when this gets sorted out - can someone let me know when the next fix of the edt file is released?

The latest release has level 10 leagues set to amatur which helps. SuperBlade is also adding some other things such as money for league cups which should help as well. Lots of ideas being bandied about over on the editors forum. Beacause of this I am sitting on the sidelines for a bit until some things are sorted.

Hello chaps,

I hope nobody will mind me posting this here.

To anyone experiencing strange movement between the leagues, could you please report it on this thread in the bugs forum.

An example might be a southern team like Hayes & Yeading United playing in the Conference North or a northern team like Harrogate Town playing in the Isthmian Premier. Or it might be a team playing at a much lower level who seem to have been shifted to a league that doesn't suit their geographical location.

So if you see a strange team in the wrong division, whatever division it is from Conference South/North to step 6 divisions, could you please post it up on that thread.

SI are looking into the ways that clubs are assigned to regional divisions and I would guess that the more evidence they have, the better it will be. Hopefully then SI will get to the bottom of it.

Thanks chaps. Good luck in your challenges. :)

Regards,

C.

logo.jpg

Gorleston FC - Season 2009/10 summary - Eastern Counties League Division One

FA Vase - 1st Qual. vs Clacton

Eastern Counties League Cup - Qual. vs Godmanchester

Norfolk Senior Cup - Final vs Swaffham

Media Prediction - 14th

Final Position - 5th :(

Final Table

Results1

Results2

Squad stats

Summary:

After a poor start, including only drawing against my reserves and losing the first league game 4-0 we went on a 16 game unbeaten run in the league. This took us up to 2nd position and from then on we stayed in the top 3 for most of the rest of the season only for the teams below us to overtake us with their game in hand in the very last game. I won't be able to bring any more players in I think because we're over £100k in debt now.

Players of the season -

Steve Donnelly

Simon Williams

George Russell

Season   | Division         | Finished | FA Cup        | Achievements
2009/10  | ECL Div 1        | 5th      | N/A           | Senior Cup Finalists

The latest release has level 10 leagues set to amatur which helps. SuperBlade is also adding some other things such as money for league cups which should help as well. Lots of ideas being bandied about over on the editors forum. Beacause of this I am sitting on the sidelines for a bit until some things are sorted.

Yep, me too. Will start again when things settle down. Will keep a keen eye on this forum. Meanwhile if anyone fancies following my progress, I have an Arsenal "Call for Assistance" thread in the Careers forum and will soon be starting Dafuge's challenge. I will return here though, I want to play a decent Southwick game soon :)

2009/10 - Downham Town - Eastern Counties League Division One

Media Prediction: 10th

Finished: 5th - League Table

FA Vase:1st Qual Rd v Shawbury Utd

Norfolk Senior Cup: Quarter Final v Diss

Eastern Counties Cup: Final v Histon Res

3 in, 3 out transfer wise. No money gained, no money spent. Transfers

Sean Mapson | Daniel Szczukiewicz | Stanislav Janky

League: We started well in the league, unbeaten in our first 11 games, however 5 were draws. After 14 games we were sitting top of the table. A run of poor games let the likes of Swaffham, Cornard Utd and Ipswich Wanderers close in on us and push us down to the last play-off spot. Injuries soon tallied up and we were missing our 3 best players at one stage which really hurt and we soon dropped to 5th. A couple of crucial wins did see us jump back to 3rd but another slump in form saw us drop down to a season low of 6th. A win in the penultimate game of the season saw us rise back to 5th. A win against Yarmouth in the last game of the season could have seen us overtake them and take 2nd spot depending on results, but it wasn't to be.

Squad/Stats

Top Scorer | Most Assists | Most MOMs | Ave. Rating

Finances - are shocking, the board twice injected 26k into the club.

Season | Division                  |Finished  | Achievements
09/10  | Eastern Counties Div One  |5th       | Eastern Counties League Cup Final

To go alongside the Dafuge challenge as well as various other games I'm lining myself up with I'll be partaking in this challenge too.

Starting off at mighty Rye United of Sussex County League Division Two, who are 5 miles down the road from the sleepy village I grew up in.

As ever, here is my profile as required.:thup:

I'm hoping to start one with Hastings. I live about 10ish miles from Rye, where did you grow up? Would be interesting to know, especially considering how far away most people are on here...

Feeling I may have to start this again as i've been moved into another division, to the East Midlands Counties League. I'll keep the save though. Will download Super_B's new updated version and see if that stops the movement across Level 10.

I am playing as Hastings in the Isthmian Premier Division! Relegation candidates and am doing quite well. Not going to officially run updates because am not following the rules but it's going well. So far my results are 0-0, 1-0, 2-0 (all league) 0-0, 2-0 (replay, both FA cup).

Just conceded my first goal and loss of the season, 0-1 to Wealdstone. 7 points from 4 games isn't bad for a team that is trying to avoid relegation, conceded 1 in 6 as well. One of the games I played the opposition I was 10-1, opposition was 1-6 ON! That was 0-0, great result. Loving this save, went to school with two of the players in my squad!

Feeling I may have to start this again as i've been moved into another division, to the East Midlands Counties League. I'll keep the save though. Will download Super_B's new updated version and see if that stops the movement across Level 10.

Weird, we both finished 5th in the ECL1, unlucky. I didn't get moved but have a few new teams in there including Deal Town moved from the Kent league into our division, I can deal with it though (excuse the pun;)).

Well i was playing over in Rancer890's Asian Challenge but a bug struck my Japanese save so i thought i'd pop on over here i've loaded right down to Tier 10 and thought i'd take over the nearest club to where i live in the lowest Tier so welcome the new manager of Radford FC (it was close between them and Gedling Miners Welfare), so how about a little info about said club ...

Radford Football Club is a football club based in the Nottingham inner-city area of Radford, England. The club is based at Selhurst Street, off Radford Road. They are nicknamed 'The Pheasants'.

The club was established in 1964 as a Sunday League side, Manlove & Alliots. In 1970 they became Radford Olympic and in 1977 became the first amateur club in Britain to be allowed to wear advertising on their shirts.

Following a move to Saturday football, they became champions of the East Midlands Regional League in 1983 and in 1984 the team won the Central Midlands League Senior Cup.

In 2003 the team became champions of the Central Midlands League Premier Division. From 2003/04, the club played its football in the Central Midlands League Supreme Division, and won the Central Midlands League Floodlit Cup in 2006.[1]

The team is currently managed by Julian Garmston. They were invited to join the new East Midlands Counties Football League for the 2008/09 season.[2] and joined the new league along with seven other Central Midlands League clubs.

Radford Full name Radford Football Club 
Nickname(s) The Pheasants 
Founded 1964 (as Manlove & Alliots) 
Ground Selhurst Street, Radford,
Nottingham.
2,500 Capacity.
Chairman Bob Thomas 
Manager Julian Garmston 
League East Midlands Counties League 
2007-08 Central Midlands League
Supreme Division, 8th.
Basic Training Facilities.
Minimal Youth Facilities.

Weird, we both finished 5th in the ECL1, unlucky. I didn't get moved but have a few new teams in there including Deal Town moved from the Kent league into our division, I can deal with it though (excuse the pun;)).

Yeh, Fakenham and Downham both got moved into another league. I've read what super_b is looking at doing in his next update which is improve movements between leagues in the Eastern Counties. His second update has already improved the finances which is a massive help.

Yeh, Fakenham and Downham both got moved into another league. I've read what super_b is looking at doing in his next update which is improve movements between leagues in the Eastern Counties. His second update has already improved the finances which is a massive help.

Chaps, it's a bug which SI are currently working on a solution to.

Worth reporting on the bugs forum for more evidence.

See my earlier post here: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4172826&postcount=259

Cheers,

C.

I've had a look at this and it seems impressive so I'm going to play this alongside my Asian game alternating seasons between the two.

After much tinkering to get the game speed nice I loaded the game up and decided to start off at the bottom.

After very little deliberation I decided to be Wolverhampton Casuals.

Chaps, it's a bug which SI are currently working on a solution to.

Worth reporting on the bugs forum for more evidence.

See my earlier post here: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4172826&postcount=259

Cheers,

C.

Looked at that thread but says Step 3 of English Leagues. As this is something with Super_Bs update and he has written in his thread that he will be looking into this. However I think i'm going to continue with the save and see if after another season I get moved again, hopefully back into the Eastern Counties Div One.

Looked at that thread but says Step 3 of English Leagues.

Yes, that's because it started out as an analysis of movement at Step 3. The whole thread has to do with clubs being assigned to illogical regional divisions, which is currently a major bug with the game.

As this is something with Super_Bs update and he has written in his thread that he will be looking into this.

Unfortunately, there is only so much that SB can do. He can program all of the regional competition data but that won't stop this sort of thing happening. In fact, it can end up making even more bizarre things happen, as the game seeks to pick up and drop a club somewhere random when it cannot find space in its set regional division. It's an issue with the game, which SI are currently working on a solution to, and I believe that the more examples they have, the better it will be. So I'm just trying to get people to report any issues that they find as I am very keen for it to be resolved. :)

Regards,

C.

Yes, that's because it started out as an analysis of movement at Step 3. The whole thread has to do with clubs being assigned to illogical regional divisions, which is currently a major bug with the game.

Unfortunately, there is only so much that SB can do. He can program all of the regional competition data but that won't stop this sort of thing happening. In fact, it can end up making even more bizarre things happen, as the game seeks to pick up and drop a club somewhere random when it cannot find space in its set regional division. It's an issue with the game, which SI are currently working on a solution to, and I believe that the more examples they have, the better it will be. So I'm just trying to get people to report any issues that they find as I am very keen for it to be resolved. :)

Regards,

C.

Actually I have just looked at the ECL Premier division table and 12 out of the 22 teams have transferred and shouldn't be there, most bizarrely Bournemouth FC (Poppies) from the Wessex league. Also for the record looked at last seasons table and the most bizarre is Felixtowe who now play in the Northern League, although most of the teams have transferred to the United Counties, which is the next regional league inland from the ECL so that's not as bad.

However I'm not sure if I'll post in the bugs forum because I don't know how SB has set the boundaries for the leagues and some of the much lower teams could have inaccurate coordinates.

Actually I have just looked at the ECL Premier division table and 12 out of the 22 teams have transferred and shouldn't be there, most bizarrely Bournemouth FC (Poppies) from the Wessex league. Also for the record looked at last seasons table and the most bizarre is Felixtowe who now play in the Northern League, although most of the teams have transferred to the United Counties, which is the next regional league inland from the ECL so that's not as bad.

However I'm not sure if I'll post in the bugs forum because I don't know how SB has set the boundaries for the leagues and some of the much lower teams could have inaccurate coordinates.

You could check the boundaries in the editor. Also, if some teams have inaccurate lats & longs set, SI need to be informed so that they can make the appropriate changes.

It really is worth reporting issues chaps. If we don't report them to SI, they simply don't get fixed. :(

Regards,

C.

finished bottom of County League 2 with Lancing, top scorer was a midfielder with 4 goals - all penalties.

think i need help with tactics as majority of team is 4 or 5 stars rated!!

Ignore the stars at this level, they are horrible guesses at best. Best to look at physical attributes, as everyone's skill in this level is horrible.

I just finished my first season with Hastings, told my Board that I would attempt to avoid relegation and I ended up in the last Playoff spot, lost 2-0 to Carshalton but overall very happy with my squad! Seem to have purchased a few very good players in the pre-season and got rid of a lot of expensive deadwood!

I'm hoping to start one with Hastings. I live about 10ish miles from Rye, where did you grow up? Would be interesting to know, especially considering how far away most people are on here...

I'm the other side of Rye in Wittersham, half way between Rye & Tenterden.:thup:

Good luck Charlesbeams.

As for me, very mixed season so far, terrible in the league, currently in 15th although a couple of wins could take me well into the top half, it's that close. I have beaten three premier division teams in the cups (all away too) though (in comparison I have only won 3 out of 15 league games so far). I'd be alright if I could play against premier division teams in the league, just got to get there first. :D

Dudley Town finish 2nd in the West Midlands League Premier Division.

17 players out and 17 players in

2 of which came in and left within the season.

I managed to remove the "expensive" players off my wage list.

Ralf Little and Phil Rowland both came and left within the season as they were on too high a wage for their ability my assistant said, plus i wanted to give some of the youth players my scouts had spotted a chance.

Julian Alsop FC came in as a 36 year old target man from Cheltenham reserves and scored 15 goals for the Duds.

Dax Hoogerwerf FC (a former Everton Youth) came in on a free transfer having last played for AFC Blackpool and scored 10 goals for the Duds.

Former St Johnston youths Ross Alexander & Mark Durnan both Defenders came in on a free.

and

former Rangers Youth Goalkeeper Joe Sagar came in and was solid between the sticks.

The Duds also won the Birmingham County FA Midweek Floodlit Challenge Cup.

Finishing the Season 25k in the red it should be interesting to see how next season goes!

This is going so badly, I'm unbeaten in 7 league games!! So why is it going badly, because 6 of those have been draws and I'm still sitting well in the bottom half of the table. I can't seem to find any sort of rhythm, really struggling to score goals, too many 0-0 draws where we're only creating 3-4 chances. I know it's my tactics but I've started using the default formations, surely they are there to actually work to some extent. Deep breath, we'll get there. ;)

Edit: Next game I won 1-0 at the league leaders Clacton, so I've got it sorted defensively but need more goals.

Ive only just started, but things are going much better than expected, especially as i cant bring any new players in, only on loan, and only one would join.

14 games into the Season and im 2nd, which is great considering almost every game ive played, ive not been favourites or anywhere near. Just got knocked out of the FA Vase 2nd Round :( doing ok in a few other cups, not sure if i even enter the FA Cup though, which sucks.

Also my game is running nice and quickly :p

Nice to hear its running well, thats the thing thats worrying me about starting. I don't want to have to finish this challenge before the end due to speed issues. I do have a spanking new PC which helps but with so many leagues after a while any PC can be be bogged down by too much data.

2009/10 - Marske United - English Northern League Division 2

Media Prediction: 8th

Final Position: 4th (Promoted via Play-Offs)

Squad

FA Vase: 2nd round

North Riding Senior Cup: Semi Final

Ernest Armstrong Memorial Cup: Semi Final

Brooks Mileson Cup: 3rd Round

Play-Off Final

Fans player of the Season: Carl Fry

My player of the Season: Mitchell Dalton

Really thought i was going to struggle, as i couldnt sign anyone due to wages, and nobody would join on loan. Fortunately i did really well, but struggled towards the end of the season, but with a win in the last game went 4th on goal difference and was in the play-offs.

I didnt realise at first but i only had one game to play, and i was promoted before i knew it :p with a 1-0 win over Ibstock.

This season ive got more money for wages which is a good thing, but we are 100k+ in debt.

New Season Expectations: Top Half Finish (lowest i could go)

Archived