Super Bladesman's English National League System Update - Taking FM10 to Level 10

Super Bladesman

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi really sorry if i missed this in the thread. But are players regens or are they real players, sorry if this has already been asked.

Regens. Not sure if bladesman is after real squads; not sure what this would do to the xml file. Would be good imo, but then the squads are so transient down the lower end of the pyramid that they would be out of date as soon as you uploaded it. :D

d_s has been strangley quiet over the past couple of days. Playing Hailsham per chance?! How's it going?

:D

Well, I've started a few times now - mostly been making adjustments as I go, so haven't really got into a game yet. Also took the time to edit the correct Hailsham squad in, plus a few other County League players (really should use the SCFLinFM10 data and put the lot on) - and have corrected colours for Sussex Division Two and Three sides, as well as adding managers to all County One teams.

Certainly enjoying it though, a real challenge :thup:

One thing I would suggest could be a good idea is to change all, or nearly all with known exceptions (Whitehawk etc) Level 9 and 10 Clubs to Amateur. In theory, this should have two results - 1 - reduce the financial pressures and 2 - with every player being on amateur contracts, transfers should be increased.

EDIT; Another thing I have noticed is that clubs are routinely appointing Managers and Assistants on 'eccentric' (to say the least!) £150-£200 a week part time contracts - Changing to Amateur would get around that as well. Would be interested in any thoughts/potential knockons - I could do it at the same time as editing on all the SC1 and SC2 (that I have, at least) player/staff data if anyone would be interested?

Maybe Stu, but the knock on effect then is you get Amateur clubs at step 8 in season 2 and beyond, whereas there's only really Corinthian-Casuals at this level at present who are an Amateur side.

I think the reason for so few transfers is two fold (only my opinion, mind):

1/ The generated players for all of these clubs have a reasonable enough CA for their respective level of football to consider them as first teamers.

2/ Most of the unattached players, if not all, are players who have been released at some point from clubs higher up the pyramid. In most cases, the CA of such a player probably isn't reduced when the researcher "frees" them from his/her file. So a fringe Conference player, for example, gets released, his CA / CR stays at around 35-40. I'm guessing players of these sorts of ratings won't entertain playing at level 9/10, whereas IRL, this is exactly the sort of player that filters down to such leagues.

True.

I suppose the only other way then, for the Finance issue at least, is to ensure that clubs have squads and a suitable complement of backroom staff, which will take ages, if indeed the information is available in the first place, and perhaps have speed implications (although if the players are being generated anyway, I'm not sure that it will have much of a speed impact).

True.

I suppose the only other way then, for the Finance issue at least, is to ensure that clubs have squads and a suitable complement of backroom staff, which will take ages, if indeed the information is available in the first place, and perhaps have speed implications (although if the players are being generated anyway, I'm not sure that it will have much of a speed impact).

How is your update going Stu?

There's a thread further down.

It's stalled at present, as I can't do what I hoped with the editor :(

Would you be able to upload the file once you've updated everything in Sussex 1 and 2? It would be good having more complete Sussex data even if it is only the top two tiers.

Started up a practice run with St. Blazey of the SW Peninsula League Premier Division, and it still feels extremely strange to see actual level 7, 8, 9 and 10 leagues and clubs. It's definitely giving me incentive to invest heavy amounts of time into finding all the data that SB, D_S and whoever else is working on the rest of the ELS need in order to go as low as they can. :D

i expanded super bladesman england structure

i added 13th level

in level 11 and 12 i added all subdivisions in level 13 only 1 subdivisions

i didnt add any club or anything other i will upload file and somebody can help testing adding rest etc

i will continue to add levels and subdivisions

i also try to add 21 level but in editor only 20 can write when i write 21 it change to 20 byself

can anybody else try this or i doing something wrong?

sorry on my eng

http://rapidshare.com/files/30074344...respo.xml.html

http://letitbit.net/download/3512.36...respo.xml.html

Fantastic update something I have been wanting ever since the first Champ Man.

I have been playing Poole Town in Level 9 and just before the 2nd Qual in FA Cup FM stop responding and the game ended. As this was my first game in FM2010 it could be my PC, the game itself or the update. Just about to start again and we will see what happens.

Keep up the good work.

Confirmation: my squad number fix is working :) I've a few more edits to make based on feedback received on here.

My FM2010 (game) isn't working just now, so I can't test things properly just now. That will hopefully be resolved tomorrow, so I will have until tomorrow night to make edits - if you've got any info to feed in, email me at nonleaguenikATgmail.com.

I will then test overnight tomorrow to make sure all is working well still, and then, all being well, upload a new build with fixed squad numbers on Tuesday morning. :) I will try to edit the first post with a changelist also.

Confirmation: my squad number fix is working :) I've a few more edits to make based on feedback received on here.

My FM2010 (game) isn't working just now, so I can't test things properly just now. That will hopefully be resolved tomorrow, so I will have until tomorrow night to make edits - if you've got any info to feed in, email me at nonleaguenikATgmail.com.

I will then test overnight tomorrow to make sure all is working well still, and then, all being well, upload a new build with fixed squad numbers on Tuesday morning. :) I will try to edit the first post with a changelist also.

cheers, glad the squad numbers are working:thup:

Just gotta step in and commend you on the great work done on this file SB.

Got a little worried myself about the squad numbers issue, as I certainly want to use this file for my career game, when it is started in about 7 or 8 months, due to me editing stuff up until then :) so I'm really happy to hear you've found a fix for that one.

Promotion/relegation/movement analysis at step 3

I'm currently doing an analysis of movement between leagues at step 3, basically looking at future promotions and relegations, and how the game is handling them. I'm only looking at step 3 for the moment, as I know I can holiday fairly quickly through the seasons on a small database.

The reason I am doing this is because I have witnessed a few strange goings on between the Southern and Isthmian Premier Leagues. For example, I have witnessed Maidenhead United, who fall within Isthmian territory and who have a history of playing in the Isthmian leagues, being moved into the Southern League. Meanwhile, and at the same time, Rugby Town have been shifted sideways into the Isthmian Premier, despite falling within Southern League territory and despite having a history of playing in the Southern League.

Anyway, here are some observations after holidaying through season 1 and arriving at the beginning of season 2. I am only noting anything that I feel is particularly strange and I don't believe should be occurring in the given circumstances.

Beginning Season Two Movement

Isthmian

1) Truro City moved from Southern Premier to Isthmian Premier

2) Tiverton Town moved from Southern Premier to Isthmian Premier

Southern

1) Maidenhead United relegated to Southern Premier (probably as a result of the above issues).

Nothing noted in the Northern Premier.

So there does seem to be an issue with teams from the very south-west of the country (Truro and Tiverton) getting shifted to the Isthmian. I really couldn't say why this is. Has it something to do with the boundaries set for the leagues or the latitude and longitude settings for the cities/towns?

It doesn't appear to be quite right at the moment though.

I'll be back shortly with test results for the beginning of season three.

Hope this feedback will be useful to you Nik.

Regards,

C.

Once SB has uploaded his change file for the Squad Numbers issue - I'll be using it to implement the Lower Divisions for the West Midlands - and if I have the time and inclination - the Midland Combination as well.

SB - one quick thing - Ludlow Town's ground should be called the "SBS Stadium" as it's sponsored by Shropshire Building Supplies.

Beginning Season Three Movement

Conference North

Oxford City promoted to conf North

Conference South

Cambridge City (further north than Oxford) promoted to Conf South

Isthmian

Nuneaton Town moved sideways from Northern to Isthmian

Truro City remain in the Isthmian

Southern

Maidenhead remain in the Southern

Tiverton have correctly switched back to the Southern

Well, SB, I was wondering whether you thought of adding ALL the levels of the English Football League System, way down to level 24 in the near future? That would be the holy grail of accomplishment, wouldn't it? I know this takes a lot of hard work and one really needs a good PC to play all of the leagues in the English football League System. Is this a possibility in the near or far fetched future? This should be your goal! Cheers! :D

Beginning Season Three Movement

Conference North

Oxford City promoted to conf North

Conference South

Cambridge City (further north than Oxford) promoted to Conf South

Isthmian

Nuneaton Town moved sideways from Northern to Isthmian

Truro City remain in the Isthmian

Southern

Maidenhead remain in the Southern

Tiverton have correctly switched back to the Southern

Saying that - we have Gloucester City in the Conf North this season - despite Worcester (who have League Protection for the next 3 years) being further north.

And iirc - Yeovil Town played in the Isthmian League between 1985 and 1988 - so it does happen

Well, SB, I was wondering whether you thought of adding ALL the levels of the English Football League System, way down to level 24 in the near future? That would be the holy grail of accomplishment, wouldn't it? I know this takes a lot of hard work and one really needs a good PC to play all of the leagues in the English football League System. Is this a possibility in the near or far fetched future? This should be your goal! Cheers! :D

its impossible to add level 24

limit is 20

Saying that - we have Gloucester City in the Conf North this season - despite Worcester (who have League Protection for the next 3 years) being further north.

That's true but, as I understand it, this has to do with an agreement made when Worcester City moved into the Conference South last season. This is not reflected in FM as far as I know.

And iirc - Yeovil Town played in the Isthmian League between 1985 and 1988 - so it does happen

I'm just posting up what I see as strange choices where the boundaries set by Nik don't seem to be working properly.

Cheers,

C.

Beginning Season Four Movement

Conf North

Cambridge City moved into Conference North and Oxford City remain there too

Conf South

Meanwhile Worcester City are moved back to Conf South (they are further north than Oxford)

Isthmian

Tiverton are moved again, this time from the Southern to the Isthmian

Southern

Dulwich Hamlet are promoted and placed in the Southern

Northern

Truro City are moved yet again but this time they end up in the Northern Premier! :D

To answer the question about real players or regens, it is a combination of both, I believe SB hasn't touched players, so the teams will be as they are in the si DB, for example I am managing Dereham in the Anglian Combination Premier (or the Rigeons Premier as it is), and I have a few real players, the Willis brothers, Adam Gusterson, Nicky Howell but most of my squad is newgens.

Hello, I would want you ask I have a problem. I and 2 pal would like to make the French DH thus 6th division and cfa2 also. But we have a problem, we all left by regions and everything but that we launch a party its load and everything but equipes is not in the good place!

If you could help us!

Superbladesman, thank you very much for this- as a non-league researcher, it is great to know that I can actually see how accurate my ratings are by seeing how the players perform at their natural level, rather than edited into a higher level, as I had to do last year.

Once SB has uploaded his change file for the Squad Numbers issue - I'll be using it to implement the Lower Divisions for the West Midlands - and if I have the time and inclination - the Midland Combination as well.

SB - one quick thing - Ludlow Town's ground should be called the "SBS Stadium" as it's sponsored by Shropshire Building Supplies.

How are you going to get around the promotion/relegation issue between level 10 and 11? Are you adding them as seperate leagues with no promotion to level 10?

Just curious, why would 24 be impossible & the limit 20?

There is a field called 'competition level', and the editor only lets you enter as high as 20.

Anyway it wouldn't work well, because each county and area ends at different levels, promotion and relegation just wouldn't work properly.

Just curious, why would 24 be impossible & the limit 20?

when u put number larger than 20 in competition level box when u click anywhere else 24 change byself into 20

and probably because that 20 is limit level in any league system

Is there a way of taking this xml file and just adding level 7 to the English football league system or do I have to do the full 10?

When you start a new game, you have the option to add up to whatever level you want (all clubs down to level 10, all clubs down to level 9, all clubs down to regional first divisions, all clubs down to regional premier divisions, etc etc etc etc etc).

I have installed this file, and started a game with willenhall town in lvl 8 or 9. So i know i have installed it correctly. But I have just tried to start a new game with a different lower team but i now dont get the option to choose this database when clicking on new game at the start, it just goe to league selection as it would normally.

I havent changed anything since I installed this file except for a few logo, facepack and skin files. Anyone got any ideas why it wont work now? I have tried d/l it again and re install it but it still wont work thanks.

Anyway it wouldn't work well, because each county and area ends at different levels, promotion and relegation just wouldn't work properly.

anybody try to create example

anglian premier division as parent level to anglian division 1 etc

that means for every lower league must create parent division

promotion in that case would be correct but relegation could cause problems

maybe SI can handle that like this

every club have specific route to lowest league in where they could be

example manutd have route to bristol downs league div 4 as lowest league arsenal in Stroud and District League Division Eight ( just example) and every club in that way

arsnal would never finish in bristol league or manutd in any other

my eng is bad but i hope everybody understand point

Archived