Super Bladesman's English National League System Update - Taking FM10 to Level 10

Super Bladesman

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to get to work adding a Kent League for step 10, as well as adding step 11. Problem is, I got quite far before accidentally removing it all, so I immediately reloaded without quitting anything and saw massive chinks in the system. So this time I closed the program and am now about to re-open it and try to get it going again.

I never saw a response later. I was asking what, if anything, is not true to life in level 8 in your file.

Going from Level 8 up is, far as I remember, factually as correct as I can make it.

If there are playoffs, they will only be one leg - but this is a editor limitation.

This is great, however there is one issue I have encountered so far. Because all the players are regens, the standard of a paticular team within a league is random, especially at tier 10.

What do you mean by all the players are regens? Shouldn't there be grey players filling out the squads? Or are you talking about generated youth players who are then used as first team players because the squads are mostly empty?

What do you mean by all the players are regens? Shouldn't there be grey players filling out the squads? Or are you talking about generated youth players who are then used as first team players because the squads are mostly empty?

FM2010 has a new approach.

If you tick "add key staff" when you start a new game, all clubs in active leagues will be filled with newgens (generated) players, if they don´t have a full squad in the database. Those players are a mix of youth, but also players with adult age.

If you start the game without ticking "add key staff", you will have tons of lower league clubs filled with youth players and grey-out players.

FM2010 has a new approach.

If you tick "add key staff" when you start a new game, all clubs in active leagues will be filled with newgens (generated) players, if they don´t have a full squad in the database. Those players are a mix of youth, but also players with adult age.

If you start the game without ticking "add key staff", you will have tons of lower league clubs filled with youth players and grey-out players.

Thanks for explaining this. I'll stop using "add key staff" when creating new games, because the last thing I want is a bunch of fictional newgens filling up leagues. It's too bad, really, because I liked the idea that it added coaches, physios and such when needed.

Thanks for explaining this. I'll stop using "add key staff" when creating new games, because the last thing I want is a bunch of fictional newgens filling up leagues. It's too bad, really, because I liked the idea that it added coaches, physios and such when needed.

It gives you a better and more realistic game-play in the lower leagues, as the clubs play with "real" players instead of virtual ones. It's well balanced in my experience and worth a try. You will never lose against a crap lower league side with no real players in the cup. What you are facing now are generated, but real players with a history.

ive checked the editor, seems league 1 and league 2 had their uses squad numbers thing unchecked on your file. good thing i had only just started with the Ivy's!

Great work on the league system, really appreciate it

I've noticed the squad number thing too, in mine it affects all clubs in England, all the way from the Premiership down to level 10, hwoever in the editor only Leagues 1 & 2 have their 'uses squad numbers' box unticked...also even if I rectify this they still aren't there, anyone have any ideas on this?

Can I just say Bladesman that this an incredible effort and I appreciate this so much I really do, please don't think I'm whingeing or nit-picking I just want to help (in any small way)this be as good as it possibly can be :)

I've noticed the squad number thing too, in mine it affects all clubs in England, all the way from the Premiership down to level 10, hwoever in the editor only Leagues 1 & 2 have their 'uses squad numbers' box unticked...also even if I rectify this they still aren't there, anyone have any ideas on this?

I can also confirm this, every single club within the English league structure no longer is able to assign squad numbers

Doesnt appear to affect any non-English team though

Is anybody else seeing a lack of transfers in Level 10? I can't dump players, nor do I see any players begin picked up by other teams. Is this just because of the quality of the league?

Hmm. In real life squads at this level are extremely transient - all free transfers and non-contracts. There shouldn't be transfer windows at this level either - is that issue realistic? (I don't have FM10 yet)

On a seperate note, this is the best thing that has ever happened in CM/FM. I'm getting a real thrill reading all these posts where fans are joyful about managing their local clubs rather than the same old Man U's and Arsenals.

Looks superb so far, can't wait to get this game :D

A couple of quick questions is the Eastern Counties League Premier Ridgeons and Division One, they are steps 9 and 10 but just wondered whether they are in. One of my local teams Gorleston are in Division One.

Also i'd like to point out that Lowestoft in the Ryman Division One North so far this season have an average home attendance of around 600 and got over 2000 in the F.A. Cup against Gloucester last Tuesday (Wrexham here we come but thats another story).

KUTGW Super Bladesman.

Edit: I forgot to post this link, it may come in handy for someone, it has all steps down to 24. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_system

A couple of quick questions is the Eastern Counties League Premier Ridgeons and Division One, they are steps 9 and 10 but just wondered whether they are in. One of my local teams Gorleston are in Division One.

Also i'd like to point out that Lowestoft in the Ryman Division One North so far this season have an average home attendance of around 600 and got over 2000 in the F.A. Cup against Gloucester last Tuesday (Wrexham here we come but thats another story).

KUTGW Super Bladesman.

Edit: I forgot to post this link, it may come in handy for someone, it has all steps down to 24. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_system

Once you go to Level 11, it starts becoming a greyer area. Some Level 11 leagues feed into other Level 11 leagues... But Leagues 9 and 10 are clear cut - all are in my file :)

KUTGW Super Bladesman.

Haha, did you go to the gloucester game? I did!! Brilliant, hopefully I can do that on FM now!

Thanks SBM.

Fantastic work. Super Bladesman, your're my hero. I may put a statue of you inside my apartment pretty soon! Diss Town to Champions League! :D

Is there any logopacks available for level 10 yet?

When I try it and game it comes up with an error saying something about the file not being well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of the file under an error heading of XML parsing error!

I followed the instructions putting it in editor data and doin the unchecking of use skin cache etc

Any solutions?

Hello, I come to decouvrir your exellent work which you have supplies to make 10 divisions English. And I would want you ask for two forumeurs for French of forum fm French, if you could make us a tutoriel or explain to us by MP or MSN how you made, because we want to make the 6th French division but we have a problem for the regionaux divisions !

Thank you in advance by waiting for your reponse impatient !

Desolé if I do not speak very well about English

Nik,

One thing I noticed. Some leagues, such as the Conference South, have fixtures programmed in for them so that they follow real life.

When using the editor, this seems to return to default randomised status.

There is, however, a 'use specified fixtures' tickbox. You can then import a fixtures list. I wondered if it might be as simple as directing the game to a file as prepared by SI for use in the game?

Any thoughts on this?

Hope it makes sense!

Regards,

C.

Hello, I come to decouvrir your exellent work which you have supplies to make 10 divisions English. And I would want you ask for two forumeurs for French of forum fm French, if you could make us a tutoriel or explain to us by MP or MSN how you made, because we want to make the 6th French division but we have a problem for the regionaux divisions !

Thank you in advance by waiting for your reponse impatient !

Desolé if I do not speak very well about English

What is the problem with the regional divisions fbg?

I tried making my own by adding the Isthmian league to the Conference South/North but when i test my nation rules it says that it's void? or valid one of the two, how do you do promotions and play-offs?

Best idea is to download Super Bladesman's work and see what his settings are. :thup:

Regards,

C.

When I try it and game it comes up with an error saying something about the file not being well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of the file under an error heading of XML parsing error!

I followed the instructions putting it in editor data and doin the unchecking of use skin cache etc

Any solutions?

Could try downloading the XML file again in case the original version was corrupt.

C.

Drunk beware Easrtern Counties Prem (level 9) and div one (level 10) are there mate, I am currently managing Dereham, and absolutely loving it.

Not too concerned about the squad number issue, but if I go into the editor and sort this issue, will it mess up my save game?

Drunk beware Easrtern Counties Prem (level 9) and div one (level 10) are there mate, I am currently managing Dereham, and absolutely loving it.

Not too concerned about the squad number issue, but if I go into the editor and sort this issue, will it mess up my save game?

Its not as simple as 'going into the editor and solving it' though.

You would have to start a new save for any changes in the editor to take effect

ive checked the editor, seems league 1 and league 2 had their uses squad numbers thing unchecked on your file. good thing i had only just started with the Ivy's!

Great work on the league system, really appreciate it

The Squad Numbers are a bugger..... hope there just a little problem with it or the dream of having loads of leagues could be over

This isn't Nik's fault. It's just a simple error on the database which is activated when you add nation rules. You simply need to go into the database and tick the boxes. For some reason it is just League One and League Two that are unticked.

Regards,

C.

I initially received this error too.

When I copied the files to the necessary location I also copied over the mac folder. Go and delete the mac folder (if you are a Windows person) and it will load up with no issues :thup:

Top work Super Bladesman!

Time to start my career game in the lower reaches :D

:) Yes this worked for me also,no more loading errors,well done,,,,,,lovely job Super,i'm now the proud manager of Ringwood Town:D

Archived