[PSP] FMH10 Bugs/Issue Reporting Thread

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may not turn the 2D back on as I am starting to like it without it but I will make sure to tell you if there is.

Any help on another matter while your at it please? I E-mailed Marc about this but he didn't reply so I will ask you now, I can't for love nor money get Brazil's teams edited to the correct leagues (as of the 2010 season) and I wondered if you could have a look and fix it for me or at least identify a bug for the next game.

If it is to do with the order then I have tried all sorts.

"CLUB" "CR Vasco de Gama" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National First Division"
"CLUB" "Atlético C Goianiense" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National First Division"
"CLUB" "Ceará SC" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National First Division"
"CLUB" "Guarani FC" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National First Division"
"CLUB" "América FC (MG)" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National Second Division"
"CLUB" "AS Arapiraquense" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National Second Division"
"CLUB" "ADRC Icasa" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National Second Division"
"CLUB" "Guaratinguetá EC" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National Second Division"
"CLUB" "Coritiba FC" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National Second Division"
"CLUB" "EC Santo André" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National Second Division"
"CLUB" "C Náutico Capibaribe" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National Second Division"
"CLUB" "Sport C Recife" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National Second Division"
"CLUB" "ABC FC" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National Third Division"
"CLUB" "Campinense C" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National Third Division"
"CLUB" "Fortaleza EC" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National Third Division"
"CLUB" "EC Juventude" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National Third Division"

Thanks.

They way AI runs a team is throwing up a few issues as ive found in my game that Juventus have not had a GK for at least 4 years they have got 36 out field players, they have sold or released players but they always sign more out field players to replace the ones that have left and they are still in the CL every year even making it to finals once, this would never happen IRL

Edit: Just noticed in the 21 man squad that Bremen have they have 7 gks! Really think AI transfer activity needs to be tweaked again

• SI Staff

Brazillian edits, all working fine but one line - so the game 'unrolls' the changes to try and ensure that it doesn't crash (as there would be an invalid number of teams in a division).

"CLUB" "CR Vasco de Gama" "Brazil" "" "" "" "Brazilian National First Division"

That name isn't matching - use "Vasco" and you'll be fine.

PS - I did reply to your email, but please do bear in mind that it can take a little while for us to be able to answer questions - I'm working on another project at present and so couldn't just drop everything to look at this.

Yes I realise that, but I never check my Emails often so I must have it still in.

I thought due to you being busy another person would have got to it to save you the trouble :).

Thanks and I will try it now.

EDIT: It works, thanks.

Just on a note in the game the name is the CR Vasco de Gama and so is it in the Editor, seems strange the short name works.

Probably just a text issue, but my Scout report showed that Rosenborg would be no pushovers in the forthcoming match, but the next news headline showed that it should be an easy win predicted at home. 2-5 (fav) draw 11-4 and rosenborg 13-2.

No big deal, but funny none the less, the punters wouldn't know who to bet on.

ive just reached 29th March 2023 ans have got a game in the CL quarter finals AND a European championship qualifier with England on the same day.

Luckily ive managed to scrape 11 players together to get a team and im playing a team as highlighted earlier have 36 players in their squad but not 1 gk in so should stand a chance of winning. I have saved the game if anyone at SI wants it?

Is anyone getting crashes when not playing a match, my game has crashed twice when on the news feed screen, i had to play the same two matches three times!!

Also not sure if this is a bug but whats with the scouts, i had a scout coming back to me saying that rooney is not good enough for my barcelona team.

I had a message last night about player of the month with the below. Problem is, I havent yet payed David Villa this season. Weird

Villa just pipped to august award.

Man Utd's Sameul Eto has won the English Premier Division Player of the Month award for August.

Runner-up was David Villa of Man Utd.

i don't know if this is a bug or a cheat but i found this on the internet

if i offer my player to a club then decrease it's value to "0" then if i got a respond that a team wants to buy my player, so i click response (square button on my psp) then i increase it's value to the top (60 million pounds), then i press left button (button on the upper left on my psp) on my psp, then i press response again, then undo changes, then accept offer

if my player accept the contract that has been given to him, and i agree the transfer, i got 60 million pounds in my transfer budget, my team from okay to rich all of the sudden, if i do this with 4 of my player then i got 240 million pounds, wow, with that kind of money i can buy all the players that i wanted, eg. messi, ronaldo, benzema, etc

sorry if my english is bad, i've tried to open a dictionary while doing this post

i don't know if this is a bug or a cheat but i found this on the internet

if i offer my player to a club then decrease it's value to "0" then if i got a respond that a team wants to buy my player, so i click response (square button on my psp) then i increase it's value to the top (60 million pounds), then i press left button (button on the upper left on my psp) on my psp, then i press response again, then undo changes, then accept offer

if my player accept the contract that has been given to him, and i agree the transfer, i got 60 million pounds in my transfer budget, my team from okay to rich all of the sudden, if i do this with 4 of my player then i got 240 million pounds, wow, with that kind of money i can buy all the players that i wanted, eg. messi, ronaldo, benzema, etc

sorry if my english is bad, i've tried to open a dictionary while doing this post

It's a cheat which will hopefully be sorted out for 2011 :D

Firstly, is there any point in reporting bugs if a patch or fix isnt going to be released anyway?

All these things occurred when I was playing as Blackpool.

1. Jason Euells stats would change wildly from one day to the next. I noticed this because sometimes for shooting he'd have 20, sometimes just 13

2. Some players were unhappy because they didnt get along with one other particular player, even after I'd sold the troublesome player in question.

3. I'm getting 'load fail.' when I try to load this game now, after just one season!

Firstly, is there any point in reporting bugs if a patch or fix isnt going to be released anyway?

All these things occurred when I was playing as Blackpool.

1. Jason Euells stats would change wildly from one day to the next. I noticed this because sometimes for shooting he'd have 20, sometimes just 13

2. Some players were unhappy because they didnt get along with one other particular player, even after I'd sold the troublesome player in question.

3. I'm getting 'load fail.' when I try to load this game now, after just one season!

They get sorted out for the next game

1) http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=184047

2) They still don't like the player even if he's at another club

3) Everybody's had it, nothing you can do :(

Assistant Manager picking the team..

They normally do ok on picking the actual main team.... But the Subs... oh man...

I had on many many times had a defender injured... then looked at my bench.. 1 GK all the rest strikers...!!!

This happens a lot.. sometimes its all defenders... no strikers... its very Random...

Surley the bench construction should Always be....

(1) GK

(2) Defender... preferably your most flexible one ie.. DRLC :-)

(3) Midfielder...Again flexible..

(4) Striker.

then I would leave the 5 slot, assuming playing in England based on your formation..

I.E

4-3-3 I would add a striker...

4-5-1 I would add a Midfielder.

I know this isnt always possible to get right due to injury suspension and fitness etc..

But right now.. the bench is often filled with one type of player.. when no injuries or suspensions.

Thanks.

John.

If you picked the team yourself then you wouldn't end up with a bench like that :D picking the team is part of being a manager :p

I agree. normally I do... but...

You cant really have a feature in a game that works so badly, then ask people not to use it as it dosnt work so well :-)

John.

Had a possible bug last night....

Have only recently got FMH10 and coming up to completing first season with Newcastle. On the day I won the Championship I had a message saying Joey Barton wanted to negociate his contract. He's played well so would like to keep him, but when I clicked on offer contract it said he didn't think the club could meet his demands. This is where it got a bit weird... The info said that he was currently on £75k per week, which he definately wasn't, I think he was actually on about £35k. The maximum I could offer him was £43k which I did and he spent about 10 seconds deciding to reject the contract. He is now unhappy that he is not being paid what he is worth BUT even though he turned the contract I offered down it now says he earns £75k per week on his contract information screen, and is still unhappy! Is this a bug? Only other thing I could think was that he had a clause that automatically put his wages up if Newcastle were promoted, but don't know if that is possible in FMH. Like I said, he's played well but he's not worth more than £75k a week! I haven't actually quite completed the season yet so am still in Championship and have not had a revised budget for next year.

grrr.. FA cup final in 2018 and most of my squad has already joined their national teams for the world cup.

(I know its already been brought up but first time its happened to me and really annoying!)

It is bloody frustrating. In 2018 I had won the LC, Premier League (with six games to spare) and the Champ's League. I was chasing the quadruple for the very first time.

On FA Cup final day I had 23 players out of a squad of 33 unavailable due to international duty. My opponent, Man United, were missing only four or five, so they had the bulk of their normal starting 11 available. I had none.

Of the 10 players available, two were unfit rather than injured, so the game counted them as being available and so only gave me one "grey" player to augment my squad. To add to the farce he was a GK, which I already had so I has to play him in the outfield.

One of my unfit players I was forced to pick had condition of 43%, and needless to say got injured 15 minutes into the game. As I had no subs, I had to play out the game with 10 men. Ended up losing 2-0 after extra-time. This has happened to me three times now, so from this point forward I will be using the FA Cup like the LC and playing my reserves during years when the WC or European championship are being played.

I have the same feeling :( Any comments on this Glenn?

I will say what I have said before on the PC version of this product, that is that the product in question IS NOT PLAYABLE! It should NEVER have gotten to the store shelves in the first place. This is actually a disgrace now, and really there are too many people I have read about, who are having issues, big and small with this game. BY LAW, ALL PRODUCTS THAT HIT THE SHELVES IN SHOPS SHOULD BE IN FULL WORKING ORDER. If they are NOT, which this is clearly not, the customers HAVE A RIGHT to DEMAND their money back.

I really do believe that the Trading Standards Office should be brought into this now, as this company - along with Sega, and the stores who sell this product should be fined for selling faulty goods. The Trading Standards will look at this if enough people report it, and check out the product. It does not matter whether or not there are patches coming for the big version {PC} and the Handheld, the point is is that the products are NOT IN FULL WORKING ORDER WHEN THEY HIT THE SHELVES.

The companies in question - SI -SEGA know this, that is why SI bring out patches, to fix all the problems the game has when it goes on sale. So with that in mind, they are BREAKING THE LAW TO BEGIN WITH, BY NOT SUPPLYING A FULL WORKABLE [NOT HALF-WORKING} BUT FULL WORKING PRODUCT TO THE CONSUMER. If the Trading Standards look into this and find that the companies in question are guilty of this, then they will be found guilty of supplying faulty goods to the consumer, and will be fined forthwith, Not only that, they could have their licence to trade in the UK revoked too. It is not fair that the consumers hard-earned money is being wasted on a product that is clearly NOT COMPLETED BEFORE IT HITS THE SHELVES.

so, you think that these great games should be forbidden because of the inevitable flaws every game can get to deal with?

your reasoning is somewhat understandable, but these men are only humans too you know.

AND they are doing their best to fix the problems, so what are you complaining about?

so, you think that these great games should be forbidden because of the inevitable flaws every game can get to deal with?

your reasoning is somewhat understandable, but these men are only humans too you know.

AND they are doing their best to fix the problems, so what are you complaining about?

Granted, but that does not alter the fact that they are selling unworkable products on the shelves of UK stores. Money is changing hands and a vast, majority of consumers CANNOT USE THIS PRODUCT in its present state {again, against the law}. SI, and SEGA, are only too willing to take our money, {knowing full well that the product in question will probably need to be patched up two or three times} yet they still put it on sale? Because money is involved here, the Trading Standard Laws of the UK are being broken. This is why the Trading Standards Office have every right to come in and have a look at this. Consumers have every right to demand their money back for products that they have purchased but are not working properly.

It does not matter whether or not the product is going to be patched in the future {this is basically the company saying that they know that their product is faulty in the first place} which means that they are breaking the Trading Standard Laws of the UK. Because some of the products are working, a vast majority of them are not. There are too many people now, complaining bitterly about wasting their hard-earned money on something that should never have been put on the shelves. So, as for 'chilling out' try saying that to all those consumers who have lost money on this, they are 'ONLY HUMAN TOO'.

I know how economics work, thanks

but EVERY game has flaws!

but, because fm is a text based game, every small mistake is noticed

also, there are few fora where faults like these are properly being discussed and cleared out.

so all the people who had problems (including me) should be happy that these problems are being solved.

So, as for 'chilling out' try saying that to all those consumers who have lost money on this, they are 'ONLY HUMAN TOO'.

i have had a few problems but i just take it on the chin its one of those things that happens

i have had a few problems but i just take it on the chin its one of those things that happens

you must be able to understand his point, if only to an extent, not everyone kicks up a fuss about these things but he has spent his presumably hard earned money on a product which some may say is rather bugged.

Im not passing my opinion on the matter but surely we cant begrudge someone else passing theirs.

Again, im not saying he should or he shouldnt do this, its his call, but what would trading standards actually say about the points he mention I wonder

just a thought

• SI Staff
I will say what I have said before on the PC version of this product, that is that the product in question IS NOT PLAYABLE! It should NEVER have gotten to the store shelves in the first place. This is actually a disgrace now, and really there are too many people I have read about, who are having issues, big and small with this game. BY LAW, ALL PRODUCTS THAT HIT THE SHELVES IN SHOPS SHOULD BE IN FULL WORKING ORDER. If they are NOT, which this is clearly not, the customers HAVE A RIGHT to DEMAND their money back. .

If you'd care to indicate the exact issues you're having to me I'll try and find workarounds for them if its the PSP game or report them to the team working on the product (if its FM PC) so they can hopefully be rectified in a forthcoming patch, my email is marc.vaughan@sigames.com.

I DO believe the game is playable and fun - I play all our games myself a lot, its one of the reasons I work on them after all ;)

We do our utmost to ensure that our games are fun and playable for everyone who purchases them, in the main I think we succeed in this aim - unfortunately however there will always be some issues which crop up for a minority of users (and generally in life unfortunately people who are unhappy speak louder than those who are).

"BY LAW, ALL PRODUCTS THAT HIT THE SHELVES IN SHOPS SHOULD BE IN FULL WORKING ORDER. If they are NOT, which this is clearly not, the customers HAVE A RIGHT to DEMAND their money back. ."

That made me seriously lol.

By law then no game will ever be released, think about FIFA. There are lots of errors but they patch it, then more crop up and they patch it again. However, SI cannot do this with FMH so the errors that there is stick for a year though most of these minor errors get blown up because of this.

Don't worry Marc, I'm happy with the game :).

you must be able to understand his point, if only to an extent, not everyone kicks up a fuss about these things but he has spent his presumably hard earned money on a product which some may say is rather bugged.

Im not passing my opinion on the matter but surely we cant begrudge someone else passing theirs.

Again, im not saying he should or he shouldnt do this, its his call, but what would trading standards actually say about the points he mention I wonder

just a thought

yeah I understand what hes saying but like i say its just one of those things that happens with games the odd bug hits them here and there if he was that annoyed he should have sontacted SI/Sega direct imo instead of ranting on a forum where no-one from sega visits iirc and only Marc and sometimes Glenn visits from SI, he would get more of an answer that way

The annoying thing is that they could bring out an update for the game if they wanted but its just too expensive for them to bring out such patch/update for the psp game. I would defo pay for an update/fix as this game is amazing but there are a few annoying things that if fixed would make the game perfect !

The annoying thing is that they could bring out an update for the game if they wanted but its just too expensive for them to bring out such patch/update for the psp game. I would defo pay for an update/fix as this game is amazing but there are a few annoying things that if fixed would make the game perfect !
Actually SI said they can't as it was incoperated after the game's release.

not wanting to 'put the cat amongst the pigeons' so to speak,but we have previously been told that it is too expensive (ie, sony charge too much) to patch a PSP game, I believe this was said after the release of FMH2008, this year we were told, after I brought up the fact that Little Big Planet (admitedly a very big budget game) has been patched that the ability to patch a game needs to be included on the UMD which is a new feature and FMH2010 was released too late, quote in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=170495&highlight=Planet

Worth mentioning here that im not trying to stir any trouble up, I love the game, and appreciate the time and devotion Marc and his colleagues show us,

but am slightly annoyed that every version of FMH so far has had some sort of a bug in it, that may at one time or another slightly detract from the enjoyment of the game (the international call up on FA cup final day 'bug' springs to mind here)

I'll agree with themadhatter43 on one thing: The game isn't playable. I just had my 3rd 'game load failed' since I got the game for christmas! I usually don't mind all the other small bugs, but this is just ridiculous.

I like the game and have been buying it since the first FMH came out, but this is by far the worst of the lot - how can I start a file when I know that several seasons later, the game won't load anymore?! The game itself is good, but this ruins it and badly!

If there's anything the team really needs to work on for FMH 11, this is it. I don't think I'll be able to get a refund now since this came from France (and no one say "Oh maybe that's why it's not working", because that is NOT the reason as it came here in perfect condition), but it's money wasted. I hate having to say that, but it's true. I can't be arsed to play another season after all the hard work. Back to FMH 2009 until FMH 11 comes out..

Archived