*UNOFFICIAL* Basic Guide to the Editor

arsenal_2111

Hello, I wonder if you can help me out with this

I would like to create a new team to play the Portuguese league and in the Champions League.

How can I create the team and if its enough for change is ranking of last season with the team qualified to the UCL in order to play the competition. Will that crash out the game?

cheers

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a problem....

I am trying to make a new division under a main division as a sub division but when i am finnished this stupid message keeps coming.

all Teams in Tippeligaen Has to go under control to its main divions or its sub division not both..

You have to make sure that there are NO TEAMS IN THE PARENT COMPETITION

Put all the teams that you want in each SUB-DIVISION.

iv started the editor and cant do anything there is no file option anywhere.

theres and fm button in the top right but nothing mentioning databases and the only thing that does anything whatsoever is quit game

• 3 months later...
I have been searching my computer for days and am unable to find the editor. I am running FM11 on my mac and I downloaded the game from steam. I have read this entire thread and other ones as well to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've moved mine, so it's not in this folder, bit I believe you should go to the following:

user/library/application support/steam/steam apps/common/football manager 2011/tools/editor - if it's not in that folder, it should be in one of the ones around it.

Good luck!

I had this problem after installing OSX Lion - to find it if its installed via Steam you need to go on Finder then at the top click on 'Go' then 'Go to folder' which should be second from bottom. Then type in '~/Library'.

That will bring up your library (which under Lion is now hidden - I have no idea why this is now the case.) You then need to go Application Support > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Football Manager 2011 > tools > editor > then click on the editor logo.

I don't know if you have installed via Steam or if that works if you haven't - but thats what works for me. Hope it helps.

I found this on another topic started by Jon Orm. I hope this helps someone else

• 1 month later...

Right, i'm really sorry if this is somewhere but i've been looking all over and can't find it anywhere. All i want to do is make a player age 14 and put him into a club. I've done it but his stats are nothing like what i made them. When i'm creating him are the stats i put in the maximum he can reach or are they what they'll start as?

Any help appreciated, just want to put me and my mates into the game.

• 1 month later...

Supposedly, the stats you enter are the ones the player starts with, however, there's a limit wich is set by several other items like CA/PA, age, position he plays in, is he one footed or both...

I believe that's what's making get all those "wrong stats" when you start your game!

BTW, there are some posts detailing this subject!!

• 1 month later...

Hi all! The Portuguese League is bringing back 'B' Teams and they're going to compete in the 2nd Division (similar to 'B' teams in Spain competing in the Liga Adelante), so I thought I'd go ahead and create them. However, when I want to start a new game, I can't pick the Portuguese League because it says the 2nd Division can only have 16 teams, and it currently has 20. Now, if I understood correctly, the way to fix this is to press 'Add Nation Rules', then 'Add Lower Divisions and Cups to existing structure', pick the country and then edit 'Max number of teams'. However, when I try to do this, 'Max number of teams' is greyed out, and I can't edit it (see picture here). Does anyone know what's the problem?? Thanks in advance for the replies.

EDIT: or do I have to create a new league that is exactly like the one I'm editing, except with 20 teams?

• 8 months later...

I edit nation rules and add mexican second division the problem is that i can play first season and when finish they name champion but champion is never promoted and second season never starts it never put new fixtures. When i test rules its says everything is ok.

• 9 months later...

Archived