*UNOFFICIAL* Basic Guide to the Editor

arsenal_2111

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've searched the forums but i couldn't find mates having same problems...

my friends and i are making j-league and we made one club per person and we tried to unite the xml files

into one database, but when we are uniting the editor crushes and it closed.

and when we tried to start the game selecting those databases, this time game crushes or if it starts,

there are way less players loaded or player moving to another clubs or players multiply.

i just don't know whats making these problems...

i've searched the forums but i couldn't find mates having same problems...

my friends and i are making j-league and we made one club per person and we tried to unite the xml files

into one database, but when we are uniting the editor crushes and it closed.

and when we tried to start the game selecting those databases, this time game crushes or if it starts,

there are way less players loaded or player moving to another clubs or players multiply.

i just don't know whats making these problems...

See this thread and look for the section on merging. In short, it's a real pain in the butt.

To all those struggling with the editor... getting the options to appear. I finally worked out the issue. The problem was that I was copying the data into the wrong folder mydocuments/sportsinteractive/editor2010/editordata. The problem here was that it should be mydocuments/sportsinteractive/FOOTBALL MANAGER2010/editordata. I suspect a lot of people are having the same issues as me. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

In the 2009 editor it was a simple task to swap teams between divisions using the "swap" button. However in the new editor, there is no swap button, so I did the following. I searched for the Blue Square Premier in "competitions, went to "teams" then deleted 3 teams (Gateshead, Tamworth, and Salisbury) then replaced them by adding three teams from non-playable lower leagues (Sutton, Tooting and Kingstonian). I made no other changes. I named the config file "new teams" and saved it as instructed in the editor data folder. I checked it and it was there. When I tried to create the new game and loaded the new file, England is not available to play and has the dreaded yellow triangle with an exclamation mark next to it.

What am I doing wrong?

Can anyone tell me how to swap teams in an existing division successfully?

or ...is there old style database editor available for 2010?

pifkel is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

Having spentr several hours on this it appears that the default location for the XML's has to be on the C: drive so if people have moved their users folder to another drive letter it will not work. I have altered mine back to the C: drive and hey presto I can now pick a custom database etc...

I can't get my own edited database file to get loaded properly.

What did I do? I changed some players positions, potential and current abilities and some attributes.

The problem is that the changed attributes do not appear properly in the game. They keep their default values. But the positions and changed PA and CA are changed like the way I did in the editor.

What is going wrong? I cleared the cache, I deleted the config.xml. My own created xml file does appear and I select it.

Very annoying this...already been working on this for 2 hours.

I thought i would post this in here as well as my other thread in the hope of getting this thing working. basically, i have created a club that has replaced a club in the BSN and saved the XML. this is what the editor data folder looks like:

crash2.jpg

i then try loading up the game, and i get the option to add the file to the game and select leagues. after clicking create game, this happens:

crash1.jpg

this has happened before and after removing the config file from the editor data folder as has been mentioned in this thread. i have also tried to delete all my cache files. after going through

1. Open 'My Computer'

2. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

4. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

does any 'Football Manager' folder cover a file called Editor 2010 or just the file called Football Manager 2010.

I tried to get the file to work before and after clearing the cache and it has done no good, still wont work

edit: sorry for rubbish screenshots, they're JPGs so arent the best quality in the world

edit: even not selecting to change the file to include it, i cant start a new game as it crashes at the same point

There is only one database, you do not create a database, you create XML Files

When you press New Game, the following box appears yeah? (it may be slightly different)

Step1.png

What does the line 'Editor Data Files' read? Could you please post a screenshot of that box when it appears?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get this box on a Mac (which might explain why I'm having a mare trying to make all this work - quite apart from the fact that when I try to edit, my new file always causes a crash!!!). Any help?

To all those struggling with the editor... getting the options to appear. I finally worked out the issue. The problem was that I was copying the data into the wrong folder mydocuments/sportsinteractive/editor2010/editordata. The problem here was that it should be mydocuments/sportsinteractive/FOOTBALL MANAGER2010/editordata. I suspect a lot of people are having the same issues as me. Hope that helps.

I don't even seem to have a location called 'editordata' - on my Mac, it goes from FootballManager2010 to either Data or Tools (the Editor is in the Tools folder and from Editor it goes into Data). I'm lost...

Having read this whole forum, I now see that my error - put the fuke in the editor data folder under user > Documents etc. I now at least get the box to change editor data files, but I also get a message saying "0 files enabled". I've cleared the cache, deleted the config file - several times, I just cannot get the system to recognise the (or any other) file (which I've also renamed 7to8.xml to avoid spaces etc).

Good night. I have a question.

I Create a Nation replace one of the defunct countries in the DB, ¿How put the nation created for me and swap an existing country to defunct countries to work properly?

(I.E. Put the New nation in UEFA replace another country to play WC Qualifiers and Euro Cup Qualifiers)

Thanks in advance.

Could some one please do a write up of were to put the new database file you create, and which files to delete, as i am starting a new game but im getting no box show up to pick which datafile i want to load. Thank you in advance.

Never mind, cleared cache, put edited file in mydocs/si/fm10/editordata and it works!!

Sorry if this has been asked before here.

What is the difference between a playable league and a view only league? It doesn't seem to make any difference to the DB size if i have a league on view only, so what would be the point of having view only leagues on?

A View only league does not load all the players from that country, so you should be seeing a fairly substantial difference in the estimated number of players loaded when you toggle between playable and view only.

If there is no difference to DB size on yours, I assume it's because you have custom database settings that has players for those leagues loaded anyway. In which case, there wouldn't be much point of having these leagues as view only (although, from memory, I think the reserve and youth competitions do not get loaded with view only, so there may be a slight difference in speed due to this)

• 1 month later...

I'm after some advice, Ive edited the New Zealand League into the game with the Oceanic Leagues all running, however in the first season, none of the New Zealand teams were entered into the O League Champions League( I had bumped the NZFC ) forward in its dates, does anyone know if that would cause it to miss being picked up for the O League draw which is March or is it something else,

Cheers:thup:

• 5 weeks later...
hi how can i make futrure transfers like toni to roma at 1.1.2010? if i edit the transfers the game does not include them into database.

are you loading your edited file/s into the new game;)

have a look at perus post just above,......................see those 20 edited files those are the files he could load into new game:thup:

you tick the box and game loads to a section where all the edited files are showen..........just select the ones you want;)

make sure you are running patched db.................

OK really hoping someone can help sorry if this isnt the right place.

I have created a team in the prem and created ten players how do u make those players home grown? as when i qualify for euro i dont have the 4 min players for registering?? Any ideas would be ace? oh im using 10.0

Hi

i have created a new league in wales using the nation rule but want a division below it for promotion/relegation but when i try to test the rules it say "division 2 is already used in settings" and that's if i change the the name to anything as well. What am i doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, spend a day and half editing the 10.3 database everything works fine except, the players of whom i duplicated to create a new player from there stats and settings all appear in the game twice...how do i get rid of the duplicates?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the various "database_table_type" values mean?

In the first post, it looks like "1" refers to a player. Specifically, I'm wondering what "25" means. I think it refers to things I've removed for that particular XML file (i.e. deleted competitions, teams, etc.). Can anyone confirm this? And if I simply erase those entries, will they come back in the XML-file world as if nothing happened?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I used the data editor to update/fix loans/transfers for the 09-10 season in the EPL from 10.3. I saved the data and the .dbc file show up in the data editor folder. When I start a new game I load lo.3 and the correct .dbc file I saved. None of the changes show up. I have looked all through this forum and it seems there must be a .xml file to go with it but there is no new .xml file in the folder and there is no way to save one in the editor.

I must be missing some thing but I don't know what.

Yes I also had this problem! :D

Yes I also had this problem! :D

I was told that you had 'untick' the compress file option in settings. I did that and the .xml file showed up in the folder it should be in. However, when I started a new game and load those the dbc and xml files, the changes still didn't show up.

• 2 weeks later...

i've deleted the config file and my data comes up in the new game section but as soon as the database reaches 3/4 load i get the following report-

A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in-

SportsInteractive/FootballManager2010/crash dumps

i don't understand why there seems to be yet another issue with this editor, or maybe its only a problem on v10.0?

any help would be handy

• 2 weeks later...

This may be s stupid question, but i can't get the game to run on the DB i've created. when i start a new game, it just jumps past the part where i'm supposed to choose the DB and goes directly do league selection. any idea why this is happening and how i can fix it? does it have to do with the game version (i'm using 10.1).

thanx!

When in Vista / 7 go to startmenu and click at the button below pictures and music (don't know what it is called in English). Here you find Windows games and your own installed games. Now right click on Football Manager and select editor.

as for creating a league......in some countries,editor won't let you add a league/cup etc (the ''add'' option is grey and cannot be choosen)..this,happens in some infamous countries...leagues or cups just not exist and i cannot add them in nation rules....why that??

I've been having a problem when using the editor involving the wage budget. Let's say for example I edit Blackpools wage budget to £1 million p/w in the editor. I save it then load that edited database in fm and when I go to manage Blackpool I get a message that I only have a £7,000k p/w budget allowed... I'm not sure why this happens and I have been trying to fix it for a while but it's been no hope.

I also edited my balance and increased it drastically to around £100,000,000 million just to see if that would have any effect and it didn't.... Do you have any idea why this might be happening?

as for creating a league......in some countries,editor won't let you add a league/cup etc (the ''add'' option is grey and cannot be choosen)..this,happens in some infamous countries...leagues or cups just not exist and i cannot add them in nation rules....why that??

As I've told you before, because there are no competitions for that country in the DB... You have to add the competitions into the DB before you can go into the Nations rules and add them..

Click on competitions when you have loaded the DB and then push add..

I've been having a problem when using the editor involving the wage budget. Let's say for example I edit Blackpools wage budget to £1 million p/w in the editor. I save it then load that edited database in fm and when I go to manage Blackpool I get a message that I only have a £7,000k p/w budget allowed... I'm not sure why this happens and I have been trying to fix it for a while but it's been no hope.

I also edited my balance and increased it drastically to around £100,000,000 million just to see if that would have any effect and it didn't.... Do you have any idea why this might be happening?

Try upping the clubs reputation..

• 6 months later...

Can anyone help by telling me if it is possible to copy players & coaches over from one datebase to other or do i have to sit & type all the info in again.

Like in version 11.1.0 there was some non-players have i had in my backroom staff but they are not in version 11.2.0 how can i get all the info over with remaking them.

Thanks for any help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a problem....

I am trying to make a new division under a main division as a sub division but when i am finnished this stupid message keeps coming.

all Teams in Tippeligaen Has to go under control to its main divions or its sub division not both..

Archived