dafuge's FM10 challenge

Kingstonian (2033/2034)

Premier League Prediction - 1

Premier League Position - 1

Table

Graph

Summary

Okay seriusly this WAS a very disappointing season ;) After last years treble i was looking to try and win the only cup i havent won before.

The league cup! but that didnt happen after our loss at home to Swansea. And that was just the start. The first game of the season we actually lost to the team who were predicted to finish 20.

In the Champions League we nearly didnt make it through the group stage and just snatched the last spot in the last game.

The group was Valencia, Fiorentina and Dinamo. We went on to beat Lyon but in the Quarters Real was to good for us.

And the most embarresing thing of the season; We LOST the semi-final of the Club world ch. to Americá !!

We did win the league yes, but it wasnt pretty! and we did get to the FA Cup final, but had a really easy draw all the way to the final

FA Cup final still.. dissapointing season as we werent as strong as last year at all.

Ived just noticed that our Youth facilities has dropped down to good :(. hopefully this will be sorted by the board very soon!!

Would be terrible to let down all the good youth products the club is capable to produce

Squad

Escobar BIO Deserves mentioning. Been astonishing all season, a true Kingstonian Legend!

And won the European striker of the year and World player of the year, Footballer of the year and European player of the year.. He did also win the top goalscorer award :D happy he finally made it.

PLAYERS FROM OWN RANKS:

Bowler Is unfortunaly showing signs of beeing injury prone :( won players young player award

Robson

Burke

Brackenridge

Elliot

Henry Asked for transfer. Cant really let him play to much in the team.Not good enough unfortunaly

Canham

Introducing:

Russel

Webster

Transfers

Because of spreading bad morale i offloaded the top goalscorer from last season and got a bargain offered from Chelsea in the same position.

Haper and Casado were pretty much equal so i earned 10m and got rit of the bad mood in the squad.

Goals for the upcoming season:

win the League Cup

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2025/26   9th	  none
Premier League	      2026/27   7th	  none
Premier League	      2027/28   2nd	  Uefa Cup Semi-finals, FA Cup Final
Premier League	      2028/29   4th	  [b]Champions League Winners[/b]
Premier League	      2029/30   1st	  [b]Premier League Champions  - CHALLENGE COMPLETED[/b]
Premier League	      2030/31   1st	  Premier League Champions
Premier League	      2031/32   1st	  Premier League Champions
Premier League	      2032/33   1st	  Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners.
Premier League	      2033/34   1st	  Premier League Champions, FA Cup Winners

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i know the feelin thebaker, the board decided to upgrade my stadium, my first attendance for a premier league game at home to arsenal on the first day of the season? 108 people????

with the 1 million cost of it added to the lost gate revenues i think it will cost me 5 million pounds to have the same number of fans at a game.

unsurprisingly i have hardly bought any players in as i would be in the red, in fact i have sold nearly 12 million.

Crispypaul - Boreham Wood - Season 2013/14 - League Two

After losing out in the playoff final last time around we got automatic promotion by coming

second, just losing out to Rushden.

We went out in the Quarter Final in the Johnston's Paint Trophy and again the first round in the League Cup, but made it to the 4th round of the FA Cup only to lose heavily away at Charlton. Only 11,000 people turned up...

Our key performers:

Breno we had on loan from Arsenal and was immense, although unfortunately joined Everton at the end of the season so I could not sign him permanently.

Davide Enrico Somma kept to the usual high standard as in past seasons.

Luca Santonocito carried on his good work in midfield.

Kelly Youga did a great job in left back.

Jordy Brouwer banged in an absolute hatful of goals again to lead us to promotion.

Terry Canham also impressed and will hopefully do well in the future.

Alexander N'Doumbou, a bosman signing from Marseille, turned out to be one of the signings of the season.

In other news, Chelsea won the Premiership and the FA Cup, and Man City also won the League Cup. Real Madrid picked up the Champions League and Juventus the Europa League.

Aim for this season is to sign a squad capable of keeping us in League One, in particular some decent defenders are needed.

Finished the first season with Truro and ended up coming sixth. Finances as usual are awful, but hopefully we can get up next season and that might help out some. Here's the squad and important players.

In goal was Brooks, who I thought had a pretty good season.

Opinel played a lot at left back, though Ashton might be better.

This kid looks like one for the future for sure, Kieran Nicholson

Keogh played at center back some, as did Santos Gaia.

Right back was David Pilgrim, someone the coaches love!

Center mid playmaker and playor of the season signed from Swansea surprisingly, Oliver Hewitt-Fisher

Another center mid was Baker, who rotated with Taylor based on fitness and form.

Right mid was mainly Edwards

Left mid rotated between Afful and Watts

Up front, the main starters were Hoyles and the ever present Yetton.

Next year, hopefully we can gain the playoffs and possibly promotion, need to pick up some players for sure. Good luck everyone. Will be on the forums and keeping up to date with everyone elses progress a lot more now!

Sorry to hear that michaeltm.. How come? havent you signed good enough players or do they just not gell?

I spent £30m bringing in new players this season however most of them are young and foreign as proven Premiership players are out of my reach (it really doesn't help that my scouts recommend I sign League One players) so hopefully it's just a case of hoping they settle and gell and working out the best tactics to use, though we have now followed the Everton game with a draw to West Brom and a win over fellow strugglers Bolton which has lifted our morale, the main worry is if morale drops and the higher teams start pulling away we'll find ourselves in trouble, thankfully it looks like Ipswich, Burnley and Coventry are in bad positions all I need is three teams to be even worse than us :)

My main problem is that I'm not normally in the Premiership in this position or at this stage, in previous years I've been stuck in a league and been able to build a team ready for the Premiership, this time around I made it to the Premiership whilst having a squad of about 12 players and no money, thankfully money is no longer a problem as the TV Money covers all of my expenses on it's own each month :cool:

Hello :) After losing interest in FM recently I wanted a challenge and this is the best one, right? Just holidayed and found Truro had been promoted into the BSS. They have good finances with an estimated value of £150k and no debts!

Manager profile

Start of season expectations

Onto the squad, it looks capable of at least reaching the play offs but no left backs or left midfielders so those are the areas to address first. I will likely be building the team around Stewart Yetton, although lacking the physical ability his mental stats and finishing ability should see him score goals.

Thats alls I've got time for now, will crack on with this properly tomorrow. Hopefully I'll last more than a season!

Bedford 2010/2011

9 transfers in (3 of which were already arranged)

7 transfers out (mostly out of contract)

decided not to raid Celtic and Rangers as usual

played first game of the season beat Hinckley 3-1 at home, Nuneaton up next. Ive got a rigid and simple tactic which I hope these dunce's should be able to manage.

Will have to wait and see if my new approach will continue to prove fruitful.

Bloody Corby have kicked three of my strikers off the pitch in two games.

This is where I'd like the option to criticise the opposition manager for his teams thuggish challanges.

Just had a mental game 3-0 down in 15 minutes ended up winning 6-5.

Season 2016/17 Review - Guiseley in the Coca Cola Championship - 1st CHAMPIONS!

League Table

Past Positions

Finances

Best season ever in any FM game for me. Everything just went perfect. Thanks to my new chairman, tycoon, I got some money to spend to make my squad good enough. Next to transfers we got updates on everything. Youth and training facilities got updated and also our stadium. We moved to a new stadium called: Guiseley Stadium (how original). A 15136 all-seater with under soild heating. Our finances got alltime high with the new chairman investing money know and then... We started quite good but had to build confidence within the team. Thanks to Pascutti and later on Farina and Leo I just didnt get any goal against. With Massaro somehow becomming a machine in the trequista position.

FA Cup | League Cup | Europa League.png

The League Cup and FA Cup were on a low fire since we wanted to go for the Coca Cola Championship and the Europa League. The Europa League was great! We knew we could not win it, but I just wanted to get into the groupfase. With 4 qualifing rounds it was long but a great preparation for the season. The roundups were: Welshpool, Flamurtari, Slovan Liberec(!) and Iraklis.

Squad

Transfers

We had a good year on the transfermarket. With € 6M to spend I went out and bought a striker, a winger for the future and later on two great defenders. On a free I got Pascutti and Gori who were in the first eleven very soon. Our great winger, Pierre Le Van, is in the first team next year aswell. He helped the team again with a lot of assists (24).

Best players of Guiseley this year:

- Mads Flindt (our keeper, hopefully forever)

- Pierre Le Van

- Giorgio Massaro

- Anderson

- Leo

- Marino Farina

Aim for next season: First of all: Survive! But I got a feeling that won't be a problem, since I just heard I got € 45M transferbudget!

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Guiseley    Blue Square South    	5th       Promoted
2011/12    Guiseley    Blue Square Premier    	1st       Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy winners
2012/13    Guiseley    Coca Cola League Two    	1st       Promoted, CCL2 Champions
2013/14    Guiseley    Coca Cola League One    	3rd       Promoted
2014/15    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	14th
2015/16    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	9th       FA Cup runner-up, Qualified for UEFA Cup
2016/17    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	1st       Promoted, CCC Champions

Season 2017/18 Review - Guiseley in the Premier League - 6th

League Table

Past Positions

Finances

Investments by the Tycoon chairman

Wow! That was some great debut! We started of great and finished great. We couldn't do better with these players I must say. We gave 200% every match and did our best. Man City, West Ham, Tottenham, Sunderland and Arsenal were just to good. Hopefully with some transfers I can get better and can face them. This season I got my first job offers, Ivory Coast wanted me as coach and a week after that Manchester United offered me a job. Of course I said no, but I feel honoured. I am very happy that I qualified for the Europa League since it was a close call. With 1 game to go the league table was like this.

FA Cup | League Cup

The League Cup went quite good. We made it into the Qtr final and were outplayed by Liverpool in extra time. The FA Cup was really terrible this year losing 0-4 at home against Man City.

Squad

Transfers

€ 45M to spend. That is a lot!! But when you want a good player that is already there instead of training him up it costs ya. I started with making my defence stronger. Since I wanted some English players I went for: Curtis Davies (England International - € 5,75M) and Joe Mattock (England International - € 19,5M). Next was my midfield who really needed a great midfielder with experience. I went for Lee Cattermole (England International - € 15,5M). Our last signing was, in my eyes, almost wonderkid Jesus Mateu from Barcelona (€ 13M). At the end of the season he really became wonderkid btw :). Then my scout somewhere in the end of november came back from Italy and found a great striker. Great? Cultured, world class, wonderkid style would fit him more. Gustavo Vidal became my biggest signing ever and with some wage/transfer changes I got the money to sign him (€ 20M + € 10M after 12 months). He is really the man where I will build my squad arround next season. Cristiano and Alexandr Gitinov (17years) are signed for next season already!

Best players of Guiseley this year:

- Mads Flindt (great as ever - wonderkid)

- Pierre Le Van (was quite good again, but maybe not good enough for the Premier League. Will give him another year.)

- Giorgio Massaro (comparing with last season not great, but did ok)

- Anderson (expected more from him, and will be on the bench next season)

- Leo (did great, still not sure who must play next to Davies; Leo or Farina)

- Marino Farina

- Gustavo Vidal (only played 13 matches because of an injury still scored 9)

- Jesus Mateu (wonderkid)

- Curtis Davies (england international)

- Joe Mattock (england international)

- Lee Cattermole (england international)

Awards:

- Young Player of the Year

In all those years I did not have any good youngster yet. The best is Chris Cooper a good League One player. I am selling him, since I want him to progress for himself ;).

Aim for next season: Well since my chairman put a lot of money in the club is great but the side effect is that we must not fight against relegation but he want us to end in the subtop. Right. Well this 6th place was nice, and I got a feeling it can go better but teams like Tottenham, West Ham and Man City are just way to good at the moment.

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Guiseley    Blue Square South    	5th       Promoted
2011/12    Guiseley    Blue Square Premier    	1st       Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy winners
2012/13    Guiseley    Coca Cola League Two    	1st       Promoted, CCL2 Champions
2013/14    Guiseley    Coca Cola League One    	3rd       Promoted
2014/15    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	14th
2015/16    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	9th       FA Cup runner-up, Qualified for Europa League
2016/17    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	1st       Promoted, CCC Champions
2017/18    Guiseley    Barclays Premier League 	6th       Qualified for Europa League

Things aren't going well in the championship. I'm at the first international break (mid september) with 1 win and 5 losses:(.

However for the 1st time ever i have reached the league cup 3rd round beating brentford and West ham (who are in the premiership). If only i could bring some league cup form into the league

International Management

World Cup France

Didnt think i would have much of a chance winning World cup only 4 years after i won it with Brazil because the France national team were difinetly not as good.

The Defence espacially was terrible, but luckely we had the best keeper in the world.

Group Stage Lost the first match to Holland(5) and i thought

it would be very tough to even qualify further. And with a scrape 1-0 win against Honduras things didnt look good, but we managed to win against Chile and move on

The Second Round Draw me with..... Brazil(10)! who had fired me just 3 years ago! we did very well.

Quarter Finals Mexico(12). Even tho we controlled the match we were unlucky we didnt finish it off and furtunaly won the penalties

Semi-Final Spain(3). One of the best countries in the world, and it was an even game, fortunaly we had the luck!

WORLD CUP FINAL England(1) the best country in the world and they DID play like that.we were under much pressure but managed to score a goal on counter attack!

This was no way near enough to win against England because they really pressured us. Fortunaly my own Kingstonian youth product Burke made a stupid tackling and received a red card :D

We were still under pressure tho! We were once again lucky and got a shot at goal which went in :D FRANCE WON THE WORLD CUP! Not deserved at all! but whatever:D

Now the England job has becomed available and im hoping that they choose me as the next manager!

Nation  Competetion           Year       Achievement

does anyone know what makes a player become listed as a wonderkid.

I ask as i have 2 20 yo's listed as wonderkids, my coaches rate them at 3 stars ability.

I have a 19 yo not listed as a wonderkid but my coaches rate him at 3.5 stars ability

Enjoy the challenge every year (since 07) and will start this year once I get my copy.

Since I have a superstition that I only play as teams wearing red on FM, I was wondering which teams wear red the are eligable? (I did FC United last year so don't suggest them)

while looking at the leagues in my game i worked out that of all the teams available for this challenge 17 have still not ever been promoted by 2027/28

3 have reached league 2, Billericay was helped as it is my feeder club, in fact they lost in the league 2 playoffs last year

Enjoy the challenge every year (since 07) and will start this year once I get my copy.

Since I have a superstition that I only play as teams wearing red on FM, I was wondering which teams were red the are eligable? (I did FC United last year so don't suggest them)

Harrow, Didcot and Carshalton, Ashton are red and white as are kingstonain

Hey guys. Sorry I took a week or so off my game to concentrate on my long term Arsenal save (finally winning a trophy :D). Back now though and looking to improve after a dire start to 2013/14. The team appears to be better than ever but the results are the worst since the first season when survival was the only target.

Lost the FA Cup game 3-0 against Colchester (held out for over an hour, but once they got the first our heads went down). But the game was chosen for TV coverage, and we got a crowd of nearly two and a half thousand, so we earned about £90K from the game :thup:

does anyone know what makes a player become listed as a wonderkid.

I ask as i have 2 20 yo's listed as wonderkids, my coaches rate them at 3 stars ability.

I have a 19 yo not listed as a wonderkid but my coaches rate him at 3.5 stars ability

Reputation is a factor, so they can have all the potential in the world but if they are not playing then they will not get the description.

Generally players tend to build up the necessary reputation by the age of 20, so it is fairly rare to see them younger than that unless they have been playing regularly from a very young age.

2015-2016 Season Review-Kings Lynn-BSP

A really good improvement from last year saw us score the most goals in the league and only 1 goal off averaging 2 a game. We did concede quite a few in the process but we always looked like being in the playoffs and we were 2nd in the league for a long time before a dip in form saw us finish 3rd. In the playoffs we faced Barrow with the first leg being away from home. We got beat 5-0 in quite an even game. I couldn't believe it. In the 2nd leg I went for it and despite having numerous chances we only won 2-0. So promotion will have to wait unfortunately.

BSP-3rd

League Positions Graph

FA Cup-1st round v Crewe

FA Trophy-3rd round v Darlington

Manager Overview

Transfers

Next Season I think promotion has to be the target.

Career Summary

Season    League                            Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
2013/14   Blue Square Premier	            19th           None
2014/15   Blue Square Premier	            16th           None
2015/16	  Blue Square Premier	            3rd            Playoff Semi losers	

Hi guys, i'm going to have a go at this challenge. Haven't done it before, done a bit of LLM management but im pretty inexperienced.

Here's my profile - Scott Spencer

As im from Wales I thought the natural choice was to go for Merthyr. I'm about half way through my season so i'll post an update once i'm done.

Hi guys, i'm going to have a go at this challenge. Haven't done it before, done a bit of LLM management but im pretty inexperienced.

Here's my profile - Scott Spencer

As im from Wales I thought the natural choice was to go for Merthyr. I'm about half way through my season so i'll post an update once i'm done.

welcome and good luck :):thup:

I'm joining up for my 2nd year on this challenge :) Last year i didnt manage to finish the challenge but i came within minutes of doing so. I lost 2 - 0 to Bayern Munich in the Champions League Final because of the referee, while i won my first Premiership that very same year.

This year i intend to finish the challenge and wont let a Champions League Final loss get in my way of doing that! :D

I'm currently bord, which is why i posted this, because i'm currently waiting for my Holiday Man to get off Holiday!

Boston united season 3 2012/13

A first season in the Blue Square Premier meant that we faced a tough time at first with the Media predicting that we would head straight back down to the BSN. However with some good signings for the back 5 with a new keeper, 2 Fullbacks and a Central defender as well as bringing back Kern Miller on a full contract we looked to be fairly decent with 15th place at the end of the season.

League Table, Position Graph

Fixtures pt 1, Fixtures Pt 2, Fixtures Pt 3

FA Cup Through to the first round proper for the first time but we were shocking against Rochdale.

FA Trophy Disappointing here going out in the first round.

Transfers Most of the transfers brought in were to bolster the defence but I did make a couple of loan signing's plus a right midfielder.

Key Players

Brett Solkhon Another solid season for Solkhon scoring a few and really playing solidly in the centre of midfield.

Jack Compton Once again Welsh wizard Compton has been fantastic down the left.

Paul Stonehouse The left sided player has played most games for us this season slotting in at left back.

Craig McAllister The veteran striker shined this year when he got the chance to score. Scoring 15 over all competitions.

Finances

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  

Other Winners

Premier League - Chelsea

FA Cup - Chelsea

Carling Cup - Liverpool

Champions League - Juventus

UEFA Cup - Leverkusen

Aims for next season

Strengthen the squad especially need to bring in a back up left winger as cover for Compton

Push up the Blue Square Premier.

Archived