dafuge's FM10 challenge

Terk that was a harsh sacking, apologies if missed earlier post but did you guarantee promotion or massively overspend, ultimatums etc to get sacked at that new team i've never heard of called Nuneteaton (Nuneaton-i have done though.:)) Looks like you've sorted Canvey, expect to see you in the BSP soon.

My wages were always well within budget and I agreed to the board's expectations, didn't promise any more. Nuneaton have, I think, the highest reputation of any of the possible teams and it's difficult to build a side quickly enough to justify that reputation. They won the BSN in 2012/13, by the way, so evidently sacking me did them good :D

And cheers for pointing out the typo, I'll fix that :thup:

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turn of the year and I'm in the CC Semis, FA Cup 3rd Round coming up against lower league oppo, qualified for the knockout round of the wafer and a point behind the top two with a game in hand. Could we do a treble or quadruple this year? Would just be satisfied with an automatic CL place, progressing as far as possible in Europe and final of the Carling Cup. Another FA Cup semi would be nice as well. Anything else is a bonus but winning something major in the final year we'll be using York Street would be nice.

He looks bloody amazing. I wish I could produce youths like that.

My youth setup is incredible! i have a real shot at winning it all with my own products in 5 years maybee but only if my academy keeps this up!

Only minus with Bowler is that he doesnt score enough goals :/

My youth setup is incredible! i have a real shot at winning it all with my own products in 5 years maybee but only if my academy keeps this up!

Only minus with Bowler is that he doesnt score enough goals :/

does the goals really matter that much? As long as he performs well and provides some goals and assists, I would be more than happy. He still contributes to the team :)

does the goals really matter that much? As long as he performs well and provides some goals and assists, I would be more than happy. He still contributes to the team :)

It mathers if you wanna make a Roberts out of him :D but no, im very pleased even tho he doesnt score the goals !

Boston united season 2 2011/12

So a second season in the BSN meant some strengthening in certain positions such as MC. In the league we had a good performance staying in the top 2 or 3 for most of the season. We were actually top for around half the season before the form took a tumble.

League Table, Position Graph

We were finally promoted after a nervous two leg tie in teh playoffs against Hinkley and then a Final which went to extra time against Droylesden.

Fixtures pt 1, Fixtures Pt 2, Fixtures Pt 3

FA Cup Got to the 4th Qualifying round here before being put out by Chester

FA Trophy Into the 3rd round here before going out once again to Chester

Transfers A bit of good dealing here on the players I got with John Terry's brother Paul joining on a free and several others who have become rather good for us.

Key Players

Rhys Coleman A good young defender who started every game he could.

Brett Solkhon A good central midfielder who is being traind as an AMC due to my now employing a diamond formation.

Jack Compton Once again Compton has been fantastic down the left.

Kern Miller Brought in on loan to shore up the defence for the final 13 games. I was so impressed I've signed him on a free from Lincoln for the new season.

Paul Terry John Terry's brother. He wasn't getting games at Rushden so I snapped him up on a free as he's versatile. He was a revelation even at 33.

Finances

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs  

Other Winners

Premier League - Manchester United

FA Cup - Wolverhampton Wanderers

Carling Cup - Manchester United

Champions League - Barcelona

UEFA Cup - Juventus

Aims for next season

Stay in the Blue Square Premier

Strengthen the squad.

Congratulations on the promotion, Almondo :) Hope you back it up by avoiding relegation next season.

We've started pretty well, 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat in our opening four games. Ebbsfleet have set themselves as the early pacesetters having won all four of their games so far without conceding a goal.

France and i are going to the world cup with a 5-0 agr. win against Greece in the playoffs.

Something is wrong with my team this year.. We are not playing good football and that is despite us having exactly the same team as last year. we are just hanging on to the top of PL and we are about to actually not qualify from CHL group with Valencia, Fiorentina and Dinamo!!!!!

Other than that our terrible display in League cup continued this season losing 2-1 home to Swansea in the 4th round!

Your CCC conversion rate is actually pretty good, indicating that when you create chances they are very good ones (as all CCCs are not created equal ;)). So your attacking play is working nicely enough, but it looks like the opposition have found a flaw in your tactic. Have a look at how their chances are coming about and see if there's a common theme - balls over the top, giving the ball away, your defenders getting outmuscled, etc. This will give you the clue of how to fix things :)

I've switched my full backs to defend - that seems to have tightened things up.

Hi guys lurking around and got myself Fm 2010 a few days ago, but played the competition like 2-3 years ago. I got 2 questions , i like a good challenge and try to get the lowest rep team. Is Kingstonian realy the lowest rep team or is it a typo ? Second question is , where can i get the badges and logos for these teams newly promoted. I remember few years ago someone made these for the challenge. Thanks for any response

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2031/32

Predicted: 1st

Finished: 1st

Time to stop signing big names and start letting some starlets through.

League Table

League Table Graph

Much closer than last year but we did lead nearly all of the way.

Community Shield Won it again this year.

Carling Cup Decided I was going to play my youth/reserves not only in this but also the Carling Cup. We reached the Semi-Final which was fine by me.

FA Cup Again the kids did most of the work to get us to the final so when it came around to picking my team for the final, I put their efforts before anything else and picked nearly all youth in my team selection (just check how many are 21 or under). I expected a good fight from my young ones with them gaining some invaluable experience but in the end, they blew their opponents out of the water.

Champions League Last year we only made the Semi-Final. This year we reached the final in Moscow against Man United. We dominated the game but it went to penalties and we know one thing from recent memory; United have good fortune in Russia.

-----------------------------------

Squad Youth coming through nicely..

Dartford players representing..

World Team of the Year ...Eneko Martin making his first appearance in this.

World Footballer of the Year ...Grgic finally got his hands on this.

World Player of the Year

European Goalkeeper of the Year

European Defender of the Year

European Striker of the Year

European Footballer of the Year

FWA Footballer of the Year

PFA Young Player of the Year

Premier League Top Scorer

PFA Player of the Year

European Golden Boot ...First time any of my players got this trophy since Guto years ago.

-----------------------------------

Transfers Former wonderkid Klebson wasn't advancing like I hoped and given the likes of young strikers biting for a chance at first team football, I let him move on to Bayern for £14million.

Finances Looking well.

------------------------------------

Key Players This Season

Eneko Martin An unsung hero since he arrived but he was outstanding this season.

Tiaguinho 40 goals in all competitions.

Marko Grgic Just under 50 goals in all competitions. Considering he plays the 'Rooney' role by dropping deep and therefore most of his goals are from outside the box, it's outstanding.

Dida A big season from the Brazillian.

Mario Henrique Probably the best left-back in the game at present.

Youth Prospects

Andrea Olsen Popped this guy into one of my Carling Cup selections and he stayed with the first-team all season. Could be amazing if his performances are anything related to his potential.

Hanging up their boots

Russian centre back, Eugeny Kirichenko was a record signing for Dartford in our early Premier League years. He has served us more than well as his biography shows with more than 20 major honours to his name.

As it turns out despite saying he wouldn't stay in the game, he became a coach. A great coach at that, with 20 for Defending and 15 for both Determination and Discipline. So I signed him up! Welcome home Eugeny!

Italy

Another bad draw against a poor side. I quit. Italy job over.

Club Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for Europa League via Fair Play League
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for Europa League
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, Europa League Winners, Qualified for the Champions League
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Champions League Winners, Super Cup Winners

[i]Challenge Complete[/i]

2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CWC Winners, CL Winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, CWC Winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CL finalists

International Career Overview

Season    Nation                   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Hired by Brazil[/b]

2027/28   Brazil                   N/A
2028/29   Brazil                   Qualified for the 2030 World Cup

[b]Sacked by Brazil[/b]

[b]Hired by Italy[/b]

2030/31   Italy                    N/A
[b]
Resigned from Italy[/b]

Next Season

Got another good chunky stadium expansion to look forward to being completed firstly..again. This will put us up to 60,000. Hopefully that isn't the limit.

Got to win the damn Champions League! Got to!

Sutton Utd L1 2014/15

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 5th round 2-1 to West Ham

JPT: lost in 1st round to Crystal Palace on pens after 1-1

League Cup: lost in 2nd round to West Ham 2-1

League: 1st Promotion

League Table, League Graph

Squad, Transfers

A brilliant season from start to finish. We spent most of the season in the automatic promotion spots. Halfway through the season it was clear that the promotion race was going to be between 3 teams (Sutton Utd, Ipswich and Swansea(who seem to be excelling since i sold them Ruben Ramos who scored an incredible 29 goals in 46 games)

With 10 games to go ipswich dropped off the pace a bit and we secured an automatic promotion spot with 2 games to go with a 6-1 thrashing of barnsley. Now it was just a fight for the title and as expected we got tharshed ourselves next game 5-1 by mid table oxford and swansea scraped a 1-0 win against rock bottom Northampton. This left us both on +40 gd but with us 2 points ahead.

We were due to play 5th place Watford at home, Swansea played mid table bournemouth away. We went in at half time 1-0 with swansea 2-0 already. But disaster struck, Watford scored 2 in 2 mins and Swansea had got 1 goal back . Then in the 90th min we scored to draw 2-2 and swansea conceded again to make sure Sutton secured the league 1 title:D

We couldnt stop scoring in the league (as shown by the league table link) we scored 106 and the next team only managed 88. We conceded quite a few as well tho, im not really sure how to fix that im pretty sure ive got the best defenders possible for a league 1 club.

I was very happy with this as well, although none of my players won golden boot, to have 3 in the top seven was pretty impressive for me.

Player/s of the Season

Miguel Angel - Came in for Igor and did exceptionally well, but i fear i won't be able to keep him for another season with top championship clubs sniffing about him. Scored 31 goals and 21 assists in 51 appearances

Ezio Massaro - Played mainly at right back, has been with us for 3 seasons and has been consistently amazing:

League history

2012/13 - 22 games played, 7.04 av rating

2013/14 - 42 games played, 7.01 av rating

2014/15 - 44 games played, 7.11 av rating

considering he's only 21 its looking good for the future and he has already won most league caps for the club, but again only a matter of time before bigger clubs bid for him.

Special mentions must also go to Paolo Sanna and Pablo who were both amazing partners to Miguel Angel throughout the season

Cups

Not as good as last year, again falling at the 1st hurdle in pens this time in the jpt and at the second hurdle in the league cup. The fa cup was slightly better getting to the fifth round before being out played by west ham, i was surprised we kept the score down to just 2-1. We also lost 2-1 to west ham in the league cup as well.

Finances:

Fa cup was main help, im gonna need this money for next season as i cant rely on just frees in the championship

[color=black]Career so far:[/color]

[color=black]Season    League                   Position    Achievements[/color]
[color=black]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]

[color=black]2010/11   Blue Square South       2nd      Promoted via playoffs[/color]
[color=black]2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st      Automatic Promotion [/color]
[color=black]2012/13   League 2                   3rd       Automatic Promotion[/color]
2013/14   League 1                   7th       N/A
2014/15   League 1                   1st       Automatic Promotion

When I took over at Canvey after nine games of last season, the club had 4 points and were 21st in the table. After nine games of this season, we've amassed 20 points and are 2nd in the table (two points behind Ebbsfleet). We've only conceded 6 goals in those 9 games (3 of which came in our last game, a 4-3 win over Havant & Waterlooville) and we've scored 17. So, all in all, not a bad start to the season. I think I might get past the 12th game of my second season with a club this time :D

Not buying any established CM as I currently have two promising youngsters who can reach leading Prem standard. Also have a 27yo who's pretty good to play there. Got in Hargreaves on a free as a backup. Thinking I'll bring in another cheap experienced vet in the summer for rotation play.

Now need to get in a young CB or throw in my on loan CB. My current best two are 31 and 32 who are stop gaps. So have the CB who's out on loan and someone else of similar age who started plenty last season but I have relegated to backup getting sub appearances and the odd game. Will check at the end of the season their progress and if I'll need to bring in an experienced backup or a wonderkid . The fullback slots have two promising players there so no problem there.

Have a quality GK now and a younger goalie who was my starter last season but now backup and should become good. Have spotted a young goalie who's Man City's backup(same age as my young GK) and thinking of doing a swap deal for him and my starting keeper. He's almost as good as him and not yet reached his full potential so will become world class surely. Will mean I loan out my youngster next season and get in a vet as backup though so he doesn't stagnate and can become a sold backup.

No problems with wingers ATM. Up front though, all of my strikers are 28 or older. Sent out on loan my promising striker and have one coming in the summer as he's Brazilian and 17 now. Do I get rid of two of my strike quartet now and chuck in the youngsters or send them out on loan? Hmm.

Just saw that Andras Herczeg is already 16059 days manager of Debrecen. That are a lot of years! Must be a bug or is he in real life also 40 years at the same club as manager?!

sounds a but weird considering he has been managing other teams during his years of managing. Link to wiki

Congratulations on the promotion, hrbfcrule :) If you can keep hold of Ezio Massaro it will be interesting to see how he goes with the step up in division. Looks like a good player :thup:

Thanks Terk but it is getting difficult to keep him with the likes of Racing S.A.D, Everton and West Brom consistently trying to unsettle him. Everton and West brom finished 11th and 13th in the premiership respectively and all i know about Racing S.A.D is that last season they managed to get into the euro cup so they probably finished around 5-8th in La Liga or won a cup, So they cant be that bad.

Luckily at the moment Massaro has rejected ideas of him moving anywhere, saying he is loving life at Sutton:D

good luck Rattlesnake 85:thup:

With previous attempts I lost motivation to continue once times got hard. Going to need support from you guys to keep going and not jump ship at the first sight of water on deck.

Been researching a bit about Bedford and I now feel an emotional attachment forming which can only be good in the long run

Merthyr Tydfill Championship 2026/27

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 4th Rd

League Cup - 4th Rd

Was looking to improve on last seasons playoff loss but started so badly i was busy looking at avoiding relegation until xmas. At this point i started to win games more consistantly and with teams above dropping points i slowly made up the gap. I won the last game of the season to pip Huddersfield who could only draw.

In the playoff semi final i faced Leicester and won 3-1 at home before comfortably seeing out the second leg 0-0 to progress.

The playoff final was a very close match against Sheffield Utd which was a relief since i had been thrashed 4-0 a home by them only a month before. A late winner proved enough.

In the FA Cup i narrowly lost again to Arsenal 3-2 at home. In the league cup i lost to Birmingham.

Transfers

There was not much activity this year mainly buying and selling a few backup players.

Miguel (history) was sold on with Carreras coming into replace him.

Lehmann wants to leave and was loaned out for a fee when no-one met my asking price.

Williams was a promising youth product who appeared this season and was promptly pinched by Chelsea as he was on a youth contract. i made 1.1 million up front and sold some clauses for a further 2.5 million.

Squad

Bonetti established himself as first choice goalie.

Hagelstein and Carreras were the fullbacks.

Tedeschi started the season but was so poor Bray came in and played alongside Antonacci at centre back.

Roberto and Volpi provided the width and the Rodrigues and Morisse were the main central midfielders.

Up front Amestoy was slightly disappointing again but Abraham and Kilicaslan made big strides foward.

Star player - There were 2 this year, Roberto was again a huge threat with his goalscoring. Also showing good improvement was Hagelstein, rated my best player and at leading prem standard i think he may be one of the best right backs in my game.

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
2024/25   Championship                  10th        None
2025/26   Championship                  6th         Playoff semi-finalists
2026/27   Championship                  6th         Promoted via Playoffs

Edit: starting the prem season the board have decided to replace all the terrace for seating meaning for 8 months my attendance capacity for league games is 1400 :eek:

Hagelstein is still rated 5 stars, impressive when 3 stars is a good prem player.

Abraham and Carreras are now listed as wonderkids :D

I finally won my first Premier League game beating Everton 3-1, it only took nine games, I've got a feeling this is going to be a long hard and ultimately fruitless seasons as we are just getting torn apart by pretty much everyone :(

i know the feeling i've lost the first 5 games and lost 1-0 at home to a league 1 side in the league cup

Archived