• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2026/27

Predicted: 3rd

Finished: 1st

League Table

League Table Graph

Got my first international management offer from the Portugese F.A. - Not yet I'm afraid.

Didn't start off the best with a close defeat in the Community Shield but it was nothing to go crazy about. We did better in the Super Cup against a very ordinary Milan side.

Early on we sent out a message pretty quickly by beating City on their own turf.

Although they did return the favour..

The league situation sometimes did take a back seat to the Champions League I must admit. However to me it's normal given it was our first year in the competition. The novelty did seem to influence my team selections.

The league was wrapped up with 3 games left to go after City slipped up at home to hand us the title.

Debut Champions League

Group Stages

Easy as you get. Some strong away performances here which became a regular theme in our campaign.

First Knockout Stage

First Leg: Took me by surprise how easy we had it.

Second Leg: Wasn't happy but it was enough for us to head through.

Quarter Finals

First Leg: Scored on 55 minute mark. Ten minutes passed after that and they were down to 9 men.

Second Leg: Ortega brace.

Semi-Final

First Leg: Another Ortega brace. Incredible result for away in Europe.

Second Leg: Tiaguinho sealed our place in the final.

Final: It was close. Too close. It all happened in the first half and from then on it was just tension at who would score next. Nobody did. On a side note, we faced our former number one Bruno Oeslati and our former left back Jesus Torres sold only a season ago.

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

-----------------

Lookies

Transfers Only transfer for the first team was Henrique to plug up a gap at left back. Rest are signed up for the future.

Club Info On the legends list now. New stadium please! ;)

Squad Few players pushing on but I'm signing up enough good youth to be sure they'll be ready to replace players like Conte and Kirichenko.

Finances Beginning to look prosperous. Will need to continue with the success to build this club up further.

------------------------------------

Cups

Carling Cup Poor effort considering it was against a rubbish Leeds side and half of our players were first teamers.

FA Cup Winners

Champions League Winners

Inspired by Dafuges latest post on his completed challenge

Treble Winning Dartford

GK:Dmitry Tischenko - Biography

RB:Rik De Jong - Biography

LB:Mario Henriques - Biography

CB:Javier - Biography

CB:Curtis Mutch - Biography

MC:Roberto Conte - Biography

MC:Terry Pierce - Biography

AMR:Diyan Vanchev - Biography

AML:Ricardinho - Biography

FC:Jaime Ortega - Biography

FC:Glenn Intezar - Biography

The Bench...

CB:Eugeny Kirichenko - Biography

RB:Karim Godart - Biography

MC:Santos - Biography

AMR:Jamie Butcher - Biography

MC:Daniel Rau - Biography

FC:Tiaguinho - Unfortunately he doesn't have a Bio yet despite already having two EPL Winners medals, a Carling Cup Winners medal, a FA Cup winners medal, a Europa League Winners medal and a Champions League Winners medal ;)..and this year he got this award (just to finish the bumming and blowing.)

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for UEFA Europa League via Fair Play League
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for UEFA Europa League
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, UEFA Europa League Winners, Qualified for the UEFA Champions League
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners, UEFA Champions League Winners, UEFA Super Cup Winners

Next Season

Bring through some youth and hopefully build up some cash for a new stadium.

EDIT: Here we are finally!..pity about the name and the fact it's two years away but whatever.

Hi lads, only got FM10 for Christmas, interested in doing this again. Is 10.2.0 the latest update? Does it matter btw?

EDIT: Also, can only seem to get Daf's DDT file working on 10.0.0, so I'll go with that if that's ok?

It needs to be put here for 10.2:

Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt

Cheers mate, did 1020 in that but forgot update-1020, cheers.

EDIT: Hmm, seems I don't have a Football Manager 2010 folder in Sports Interactive, weird...

EDIT: Nvm, got it at:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt

Into January now and top of the Championshipp by double digits. Knocked out in the Carling Cup 4th round. Into the FA Cup 4th round against struggling Premiership Wolves managed by Gary Neville. Have managed to bring in a couple players who are Prem quality and most of the squad is Championsip quality as well as good form has helped me. Basically doing this off a transfer budget less than 400k and a wage budget of around 67k of which I'm over by a good 5k. Tried getting Danny Welbeck on loan from my parent club Man Utd as he's in the Reserves and still good enough for the Prem but he wants to fight for his place and I can't afford him as he costs around 2 mil. Definitely going in for him in the summer though when I manage promotion.

Gonna post links of my squad later but Tami Petrescu, Matty Fryatt, Mike Parkhurst, Ogembe, Aaron Mokoena (my captain), Kamel Musa and a Spanish regen attacking mid Paz have been instrumental as well a regen goalie I got on a free. Not sure he's Prem quality but he should be. Just gotta maintain some amount of the form I have and I should qualify automatically.

I am having a great midrun in the Championship. Started of really bad having my best defender sold by the chairman. Now finally got 2 new great defenders and a superb prospect keeper (could become wonderkid in my eyes)! And now getting higher and higher in the league. From 22 to 14 in 10 games!

Just tried to sell a player who is not in my plans. He wanted me to pay 6000p/w of his wages in order to move. his current contract has another 3.5 years to run and he earns 6500 p/w :eek:.

on another note the chairman sold a goalie 2 years ago for 2 million and he was let go in the summer so i resigned him. he upset most of the squad for some reason and didn't play very well so in jan i've just sold him for 1.5 million +50% sell on :D

2012-2013 Season Review-Kings Lynn-BSP

Not a very good season for us really. We started quite well and were in the playoff spots for a while but then a very disappointing run ended our season but we were never in danger of going down.

We owed a lot to our central midfielders Paul Lawless and Nick Main and also the goals of Sean Fitzharris.

BSP-16th

League positions graph

FA cup-1st round-Oldham

FA trophy-3rd round-AFC Wimbledon

Transfers

Manager Overview

Target for next year is get promoted.

Season    League                            Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None

LOL, the club must be kidding. In the board confidence update they are saying that they are very happy with my major contributing factor in increasing the clubs stature. Great uhuh. But then:

However, your decision to let Salvatore Bettega leave the club is regarded by the fans as an aberration...

My decision?? You bloody sold him #)(#$*)(# chairman

Season 19 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Premier League - 1st, Champions (Table)

Champions League - Winners

FA Cup - WinnersLeague Cup - 4th Round (lost v Chelsea)

Club World Championship - Winners

European Super Cup - Winners

Community Shield - Winners

Transfers

Best ever points total in the League, completely dominated and had it won after 31 games, and best of all managed to win the FA Cup, the one trophy that had eluded me thus far :)

Unfortunately, we still didn't manage the unbeaten season, losing early on away to Man City in the league, and on penalties away at Chelsea in the League Cup. We got revenge on the former, though, with an extra time win in the Champions League final.

Got my finances back up to something respectable so I'll yammer on at the board about youth/training facilities and a new stadium before they disappear into a black hole again during the summer :thup:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
2025/26   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions
2026/27   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners
2027/28   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners
[b]2028/29   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Season 14 - 2023/24

Season 15 - 2024/25

Season 16 - 2025/26

Season 17 - 2026/27

Season 18 - 2027/28

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2028/29

Last season we achieved the big Premier League and Champions League double, so it was always going to be difficult to follow that up. Last season I had pretty much abandoned the two domestic cups, so this year I wanted to try and win one of those.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Mark Hughes retiring seems to have killed off Man City but Reading (who finished in the bottom half last season) came from no where to challenge for the title. We raced into a lead which was pulled back as we flew out to Australia to compete in the Club World Cup but we lost form as teh fixtures piled up, with a run of just one win in five games with three defeats.

Community Shield - it was a dominant display to retain the shield.

UEFA Super Cup - we were probably just the better team so it was painful to lose on penalties in our first attempt at this cup.

FIFA Club World Cup - the semi was easy but the final gave us a bit more trouble. Despite dominating heavily, it took extra time to secure the win.

FA Cup - this was a massive shock as we lost to Championship Notts County.

Carling Cup - we blasted our way to the final only to lose on penalties in the final. This is now the third time we have lost this final.

UEFA Champions League - the group draw was a gift although we nearly threw away top spot in the final game with a 3-1 loss. The knockout rounds were simple with former player Dale Ellis the only person to score against us for Lyon in the semi final. The final gave us a change to take revenge on Roma and despite going a goal behind, we strolled to success for the second successive year.

Transfers - I just about made a profit by selling a few of the players who were not getting into the team. The two signings were proven talent who came at reasonable prices, I couldn't really turn them down, even with the massive wages.

Squad - I'm happy with this current squad, although I may look for a quality right back and a backup left winger.

Key Player Profiles:

Pol Sesma - for £14.5m he was a bargain, he's a quality striker.

Javier - despite the arrival of Sesma, Javier kept up his goalscoring record.

Cuma Sahan - yet another massive contribution from midfield.

Juan José Dorta - despite spending £30m on a right winger last season, this was a player I have been trying to sign for years.

Paul Ramm - the one shining star from my own youth academy.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists

Next Season

Despite the success, the club still needs to grow. The finances are in a precarious state, with the prize money the only thing preventing us from going into massive debt. Since my current stadium (which holds 34000) cannot be expanded, I need to plan ahead and try to save enough money to make a new stadium a possibility.

My aim is to build this club around the youth products only, but I need to have a sustained period of success first before I do that. I'm thinking that in around 5 years time I might go to the 'no signings' policy, but I need to discover a few more foreign talents before I do that.

Into January now and top of the Championshipp by double digits. Knocked out in the Carling Cup 4th round. Into the FA Cup 4th round against struggling Premiership Wolves managed by Gary Neville. Have managed to bring in a couple players who are Prem quality and most of the squad is Championsip quality as well as good form has helped me. Basically doing this off a transfer budget less than 400k and a wage budget of around 67k of which I'm over by a good 5k. Tried getting Danny Welbeck on loan from my parent club Man Utd as he's in the Reserves and still good enough for the Prem but he wants to fight for his place and I can't afford him as he costs around 2 mil. Definitely going in for him in the summer though when I manage promotion.

I'd kill for a wage budget of £67K, the £19K p/w I'm currently paying is beyond our means as we are losing ~£75K a month - though I'm sure the fact that our Other and Non-Football costs have skyrocketed isn't helping, nor are the loan repayments. :(

I'd kill for a wage budget of £67K, the £19K p/w I'm currently paying is beyond our means as we are losing ~£75K a month - though I'm sure the fact that our Other and Non-Football costs have skyrocketed isn't helping, nor are the loan repayments. :(

i'm in my 4th season in the championship and my wage budget is 150k p/w which i'm just about within. i tend to lose between 300k and 700k most months, last year the cost of tax, non football cost and other came to 5 million, and another 2 million for ground maintenance and match day costs. Loan repayments came to 18k :D

Only way to claw the money back is through selling players, i seem to find several good championship potential goalies each year especially in italy, sign them up and them sell them on in jan or a year later for 1-2 million.

i'm in my 4th season in the championship and my wage budget is 150k p/w which i'm just about within. i tend to lose between 300k and 700k most months, last year the cost of tax, non football cost and other came to 5 million, and another 2 million for ground maintenance and match day costs. Loan repayments came to 18k :D

Only way to claw the money back is through selling players, i seem to find several good championship potential goalies each year especially in italy, sign them up and them sell them on in jan or a year later for 1-2 million.

Yeah that becomes a bit of a problem when you only have 15 real players at the club (two of which have already agreed to leave) and the board won't let you offer any wages to sign anyone :)

Yeah that becomes a bit of a problem when you only have 15 real players at the club (two of which have already agreed to leave) and the board won't let you offer any wages to sign anyone :)

i assume you have no transfer money to put into the wages?

So at the half-way stage Nantwich are somehow 11th in the Championship - we are only 3pts off the playoffs and 10pts from the top, but more importantly 16pts from relegation.

Yet again it's a case of if we turn up and are in the mood we'll have a good chance of winning, then in other games we just don't turn up and get hammered - we've beaten the likes of Portsmouth, Blackburn, Stoke and Norwich, we thrashed Swansea and Cardiff thanks to 7 goals from Bulgarian Striker Dimitrov :) whilst defeats to Gillingham, Preston and Forest are less than impressive as are being thrashed by Hull and Reading :(

Another interesting thing is that we seem to play better with my proper players who aren't as good as my loanee's - the only loanee's who can get into the team are the full-backs and wingers. Which now means I have to hope and pray that teams don't try and poach my players, the fact that their values have increased to over £1m should keep them away hopefully.

On the plus side the board have finally let me employ a second physio that seems to have cut down on the injuries, though he did cost me £7K so he's now my joint most expensive purchase.

I got new news about the takeover...

A New Zealand businessman called Kevin Hall says he would make 36M euro available for new players if his new takeover plans for Guiseley are succesful. Hall is reportedly looking to buy out the club's owners for around 6.5M euro..

Really no idea how I must feel at the moment.

i assume you have no transfer money to put into the wages?

I've got a £175K Transfer budget left, but I'm pretty sure all of that is from the arranged transfer for my Keeper at the end of the season, the main problem is the current wage budget of £18K isn't sustainable with our current stadium so increasing the wages I'm paying will result in our bank balance going down a lot quicker and the last thing I need is for us to go into admin.

When our new stadium is finished next season we should be fine - we'll have four times as many people coming to our matches, it's just a case of staying up this season. Our finances also weren't helped by starting the season nearly £1m in the red.

An inability to expand the stadium, improve our facilities or sell players for crazy money has made the challenge a fair bit harder this time around and more realistic and arguably funner - I like the long struggle to the top, though technically I'm doing better in FM10, in FM09 at the same stage I was still in League Two, and on FM08 I was in League One - though in both those games I had money due to a larger/expanded stadium which also allowed me to improve the facilities and start signing promising youngsters.

Though having said that it looks like the board are now letting me spend our spare wage budget after most of my players signed lower contracts now lets see if I can attract any Championship quality players to the club...

Just lost the FA Cup final vs Tottenham with 2-0. Ahwell, very very proud of reaching it anyway :)

And just got news I qualify for the UEFA Europa League, cos of reaching the final... God way too strange. A Coca-Cola Championship team in the UEFA Cup

Yeah I'm losing money too despite playing some cup games at decent sized stadia. Still around 2 mil in balance though so it's still good. New stadium needed of course.

Just lost the FA Cup final vs Tottenham with 2-0. Ahwell, very very proud of reaching it anyway :)

And just got news I qualify for the UEFA Europa League, cos of reaching the final... God way too strange. A Coca-Cola Championship team in the UEFA Cup

You may want to ensure you have some squad depth next season, as Mboro were in the Europa League in my game in the Championship and at the start of Jan they have 7 games in hand :D and will have spent pretty much the entire season playing twice a week, lucky for Boro they went out in the Group stage I've no idea what they'd do if they'd gone through.

michael try looking in Belgium or Spain, I signed a couple leading championship players there for free

I've got my scouts out across Europe, at the moment I'm just bringing more players in onloan, I did attempt to bring in some unneeded Premiership players however their wage demands are more than I am paying my entire side.

I've got my scouts out across Europe, at the moment I'm just bringing more players in onloan, I did attempt to bring in some unneeded Premiership players however their wage demands are more than I am paying my entire side.

Well if the Tycoon thingy goes trough I don't worry about it. But I got a feeling he is going to reject... Thanks for the hint tho.

//

BTW I signed a keeper 17 years old but leading premiership prospect + was already good championship(!!) for a lousy 2.5k euro on a releaseclause. With a lot of clubs interested I have put the asking price to 30M euro... Hope that scares them

//

Just drawn Welshpool from Wales for the 1st Qualifying Round (...and in the 2nd round Flamurtari (Albania))

On the plus side the board have finally let me employ a second physio that seems to have cut down on the injuries, though he did cost me £7K so he's now my joint most expensive purchase.

Yep shouldn't have said that as I have now lost my centre back Abbes, DM Whyte and Striker Dimitrov to 4-8 week injuries each :(

Just got promotion from the Championship with about 5 games to go with a game in hand so 6 games left for me to play. 6th Round FA Cup Replay against 2nd in Prem Villa though for a Semi Final matchup with Man Utd. First match was at York Street so the replay's gonna bring in extra money. Now to rotate the squad a bit before the Villa game.

Archived