Finances

Key Players

David - Rock in defence

Targets

Decent cup run to ease debt

Improve squad and get rid of dead wood

Top Half finish

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 1st                       Promotion
2011/12       BSP                 4th                       Play-off Winners
2012/13       L2                  12th                      
2013/14       L2                  4th                       Play-off Winners

Just got to say Stephen Thompson is an absolute hero - 28 goals in the first 20 games of the season, including scoring in every single league game so far. If it wasn't for him, we'd certainly be getting relegated; as it is, we're in 22nd, 1 point outside the relegation zone.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2027/28

Last season we came so close, losing the title in the last two games. Our European campaign was another close shot, following up our final loss with a loss in the semi final. This season was ours for the taking, we had a great squad and needed to take our chance.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Finally we did it! With games in hand we looked in control for a long time before being presented with a fimiliar situation, top with two games to go. This time the odds were a little bit more in our favour, needing to win of our last two games. Our first game could have sealed it for us, but in a crucial match the cruelest of endings gave Man City a chance of a title. Our second game sealed the title for us, but it was a nervy win in a game we should have won easily.

Community Shield - the scoreline was hugely flattering but the result signalled our intent for the season.

FA Cup - I put out a mixed team but they fell short to Spurs.

Carling Cup - a weak team was put out, who lost to Chelsea.

UEFA Champions League

I think this was the first time we had entered as top seeds, but it didn't show as we drew Rubin Kazan, Hamburg and Valencia.

Group Table

We dominanted the group, only conceding a goal in the final game of the group.

1st Knockout Round leg 1 - this was a great result away from home, but it could have been better.

1st Knockout Round leg 2 - this was more like it, we showed them what we were really capable of.

Quarter Final leg 1 - this lot had just knocked out our rivals Man City, so this was considered a great result.

Quarter Final leg 2 - once again, we turned on the style at home.

Semi Final leg 1 - the result flattered us, but it was a superb scoreline to take back home.

Semi Final leg 2 - as tiredness kicked in towards the end of the season this match at home was all about protecting our lead, which we did.

Final - it was a fantastic result which meant so much more as we beat the team that defetaed us in the final of this competition three years ago.

Transfers - I was trying to make a profit, but when winger Fabio Bertollini insisted on moving to a bigger club I had to splash out £30m on a youngster capable of replacing him.

Squad - the squad is now ready, I have a first eleven capable of playing at the very top level. With the finances still on the edge I still have to be careful in the transfer market but I may look for perhaps one more player for next season.

Player Profiles:

Since this is the monumental season in which I have completed the challenge, here are the profiles of the legendary double winning team.

GK - Craig Rogers - Biography

DR - Hamza Recker - Biography

DL - Stephen Agbo - Biography

DC - Paulo - Biography

DC - Paul Ramm - Biography

DM - Mario Barun - Biography

MR - Alex Eldridge - Biography

ML - Chris Blackmore - Biography

AMC - Cuma Sahan - Biography

ST - Javier - Biography

ST - Sebastian Engelmann - Biography

Sub 1 - David Estévez

Sub 2 - Miguel Goni

Sub 3 - Steve Shutt

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners

Next Season

With my initial long term aim completed, my next aim is to establish T&M as the biggest club in the world, which will require continued success in the top competitions. My main aim is to retain the Premier League title, anything after that is a bonus.

Started up a new game with Dartford when the 10.2 patch was released

Manager profile

Hassebasse Dartford 2010-2011 BSS

Finished second, lost play off final.

League Table

Transfers

Hassebasse Dartford 2011-2012 BSS

Won, promoted.

League Table

Transfers

Hassebasse Dartford 2012-2013 BSP

Back to back promotions, a fantastics season :)

League Table

Transfers

My best performer by far, playing as the central amc in my narrow 4231 formation, with a trequartista/andvanced playmaker role. An amazing amount of assists, especially since he wasn't a corner/free kick taker

Squad

Targets for my league two season:

Survive, and get some cash to improve my facilities

Me and my netwrok partner from fm09 are back, however, we have both been simultaneously reloading in excess of 3 hours now, trying to get a game with both AFC Hornchurch/Aveley/Billercay and FC United/Hendon/Rugby I have never seen any of them in my reloads at the moment, and seem to get Truro in my reloads 90% of the time :S Frustrating :| If anyone has a save meeting our wishes, please upload :D

Kingstonian (2025/2026)

Premier League Prediction - 14

Premier League Position - 10

Table

Graph

Summary

Very boring season. My squad just doesnt seem to be improving, i have tried several different tactics but we always fail to make it in the top run.

Something that really got me mad this year was Sunderland. I lost in the league cup 3rd round to them. Then in the FA Cup 5th round and to completely

embarres me they knocked me out of the Euro cup second knockout round! ARGH!

Squad

Dida

Escobar Unfortunaly injuries is ruining his career

Rodrigo

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Improvement.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2025/26   9th	  none

Good update kaNovi, you thinking of selling Escobar due to his injury problems? Might be worth cashing in rather than hope he overcomes them.

Other than that, are you managing to see much progress between the seasons? I definitely saw my Merthyr team go through several stages, especially in the Premier League, as we progressed, and the type of performances - if not necessarily results - definitely followed an evolution.

Good update kaNovi, you thinking of selling Escobar due to his injury problems? Might be worth cashing in rather than hope he overcomes them.

Other than that, are you managing to see much progress between the seasons? I definitely saw my Merthyr team go through several stages, especially in the Premier League, as we progressed, and the type of performances - if not necessarily results - definitely followed an evolution.

Im gonna give Escobar this season to prove if i should keep him! hes young and i think he has a great potential, so its difficult=)

Hmm.. im not really seeing much progress. I get better players every year and this year my team looks almost complete, so im hoping this is the year where we push for an european spot. If we dont improve this year its hard to see when!

Well this is interesting I've just arranged to sell my backup Keeper to Levski in Bulgaria at the end of the season for a club record £600K plus 50% of next sale, he is only rated at 1.5 stars and I've only get him around as I have no-one else, so looks like I will be needing to look for a new keeper next season now...

Im gonna give Escobar this season to prove if i should keep him! hes young and i think he has a great potential, so its difficult=)

Hmm.. im not really seeing much progress. I get better players every year and this year my team looks almost complete, so im hoping this is the year where we push for an european spot. If we dont improve this year its hard to see when!

Just checking back through my Best XIs, and the difference between 9th place and 4th place was two players - a left back and a central midfielder.

The difference between the 4th place team and the Premier League winning one was two players (centre half and striker), and then the difference between the Premier League and the Champions League winning side was, again, 2 players (central midfielder and left winger).

What this hopefully illustrates is that the margins are small, and only a little change is required for dramatic improvement in the team's position. You're probably not far away from a very very good team - just keep things consistent and add quality to the squad :)

Another stat for you - 13 out of 24 of my first team squad have been with the club 5 years or more :thup:

So the Championship is fun - with the board giving me no money by the time the transfer window has closed the only signing I have made is bringing in the Belgian Centre-Back I had on loan last season on a free, though I have brought in 19 players on loan to strength the squad - I again pretty much loaned in anyone who was interested in playing for me so they aren't the best quality but they are better than my youth players.

We actually got off to a good start drawing our first two games 0-0 before losing to Forest 4-2 and then surprisingly we beat Portsmouth 1-0, rather worryingly there aren't that many teams that I'd expect us to beat - Swansea, Brighton and Gillingham look like the weaker sides, nearly everyone else has been in the Premiership at one time since 92/93.

Whilst our Carling Cup adventure was ended in the second round as we lost at home to Ipswich, so we didn't even earn any money.

So the only goal for this season is to not get relegated, as when our new stadium is built next season we should be able to actually afford to pay people to play for us.

It's taken 7 years but the board have finally decided it's worth improving our youth facilities.

Same here. As well as training. Shame though they only agreed after the season started and when I'm on top of the league. Hopefully though I'll managed one Prem quality player next season. Have managed a couple decent youngsters mind but none good enough for the higher levels.

It's taken 7 years but the board have finally decided it's worth improving our youth facilities.

By the time i was in PrL i had excellent youth facilities :p My board seem to be rather good upgrading my facilities! and this year i actually got 2 really exiting prospects:

Robson

Canham

Snakexe: I have tried to only buy a couple of quality players every year( except for last year when i bough about 4). i have bought 2 real quality players this year so im really hoping!

Schweitzer

Bulakh

I'm in my first season in the BSN with Ashton Utd and halfway through the season and really struggling. Down near the relegation zone and just having a tough time. Was hoping that someone would be able to give a few pointers as far as tactics for the BSN/BSS level. Can upload screenies of players I have if needed. Thanks in advance :)

I'm in my first season in the BSN with Ashton Utd and halfway through the season and really struggling. Down near the relegation zone and just having a tough time. Was hoping that someone would be able to give a few pointers as far as tactics for the BSN/BSS level. Can upload screenies of players I have if needed. Thanks in advance :)

I'm no genius at tactics but I'd say lower leagues keep it simple, obviously it depends on your players but generally using a DMC has helped me in taking teams from there to the Prem in previous years, maybe trying a 4-3-3 with a target man, but again depends on your players. I'm sure people in here would give some tips. I'd also say keep things like creative freedom to a minimum except for one or two players. Good luck!

in my 4th season in the championship and the board have decided that my training and youth facilities are good enough and dont need upgrading - they are both listed as average :(

in my 4th season in the championship and the board have decided that my training and youth facilities are good enough and dont need upgrading - they are both listed as average :(

I've completed the challenge and mine are both still average :( so annoying

Merthyr Tydfill Championship 2024/25

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 4th Rd

League Cup - 4th Rd

This was another season of underacheivment as i have a squad capable of promotion. After a bright start all confidence drained after winning against Liverpool in the cup. 1 win in 14 sent me down the table and although results improved after xmas i was never near to the playoffs.

In the League cup i completely outplayed premiership Liverpool, winning 2-1 at home in the 3rd Rd before being thrashed 5-2 away at premiership QPR.

In the FA cup i lost 2-1 at home to chmapionship Coventry.

Transfers

Muller (history) was a big loss in the summer joining another championship side on a free for half the wages i offered him.

I got frustrated with Diop (history) form and sold him in Jan.

Soulie had become 2nd choice right midfield and wanted to leave so went in Jan.

Kilicasian was signed in Aug as my record signing but couldn't join until jan. He played one game and was injured for 3 months, when recovered he was homesick so i saw little of him on the pitch. He is described as the new Hakan Sukur

Squad

Vitiello established himself as the first choice goalie.

Spence was brought in to provide experience in centre defence and retired to the staff at the end of the season. Tedeschi and Bray showed some improvement towards the end of the season along with Miguel and Hagelstein. Hagelstein looks very good at right back but now wants to leave.

Volpi. Morisse and Roberto were excellent but the rest of the midfield were a bit flat. Martin was injured for 10 months.

Up front i lacked options as although Lehmann did well, Amestroy didn't score many and i had no-one else.

Star player - signed on a bosman last jan of last season, he is rated at prem standard and was a real threat on the right.

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None 
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None 
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
2024/25   Championship                  10th        None

a Merthyr problem no doubt, i cant extend the stadium either

The board even agree they need improving and then just do nothing :confused:

And despite what the board say (lying through their teeth) - that the stadium can't be expanded - it can. Mine's up to 14,250 now but I think it is definitely now maxed, as we've filled it literally every game for about 4 years now and no improvement. Really need a new stadium but no sign of one yet, my finances are a little bit of a shambles so that's probably why.

Edit: Forgot what I came in to say - think I've broken Man Utd! Smashed them 4-1 at OT when they were top of the table and we were still a mid-table side a few seasons ago, they then finished that season 6th, nearly got relegated the subsequent one, and have been mid-to-bottom half of the table ever since. We always hit them for 3+ goals now... very satisfying :D

I've just noticed that Middlesboro are causing havoc with the Championship fixtures - they qualifed for the Europa League after losing the FA Cup Final last season - which means Boro cannot play the midweek games and they have only managed to play 8 games when other teams have played 14 - ten teams have played 14 games, eight 13 games, three of us including me have played 12 and two have played 11 games, which is messing the table up quite badly and has since a few managers lose their jobs when they have played less games than the teams above them.

Since the start my Training Facilities have had one upgrade to Fairly Basic, my youth facilities are still basic :(

Mine have been maxed out, although they seem to deteriorate now so every few years it costs a bit to bring them back up to top notch.

Mine have been maxed out, although they seem to deteriorate now so every few years it costs a bit to bring them back up to top notch.

Which is a good thing for long term games imo. Makes you think about your finances a bit more. Plus you can put it down to advancements in technology as the years roll by!

Archived