dafuge's FM10 challenge

Right, opinions are needed here. Do you think a player needs to have good physical attributes to make it at the top level?

Normally I wouldn't even think twice in this situation as I love my players to be good physically but I've come across a player who I think it might be worth taking a chance on. His physical attributes are not up to scratch but his technical and mental attributes are insane for his age.

Here he is

He's already described as a wonderkid and my scouts rate him very highly.

What do you think?

I just don't see a striker with 7 pace getting much done at the highest levels.

I realise I am a couple of days behind here and he has already been signed but 24 goals and 14 MOM in 28+2 appearances in (presumably) La Liga looks fairly handy at one of the highest levels.........

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey dafuge.. Seems like bateman had a bad season? Could you provide a ss, i would like to see how he has progressed?

David Bateman

With the arrival of Javier his opportunities were limited, so he went out on loan to Bristol City. Sadly he didn't make too many appearances but with javier and Engelmann at the club it was hard to decide who to drop to give him a game.

Kingstonian (2024/2025)

Premier League Prediction - 16

Premier League Position - 13

Table

Graph

Summary

After our semi-final loose in FA cup last year i was hoping to get to the final and we did well! Although we only got in the final in the deep deep overtime(thx Alvarez, again!)

the Semis Another final for Kingstonian, but i knew how bad we had done in every other final before(except JPT) and after 60 minutes we were behind 1-0 and Skelton got a red card and i gave up.

BUT Unbeliavably we came back at snatch an incredible FA Cup Final WIN

Beside the very nice cup win our performance in the leauge where no better than the other years. Im starting to wonder what im doing wrong,

I dont wanna be a "Cup team" that way ill never complete the challenge:) Ill try another tactic next year and see where that gets me.

The board just decided to expand the stadium again with 8000 seats, which will make it an 34.000 all seater! pretty decent.

Squad

Kaldirim became footballer of the year runner up

Wesley new signing

de Regt Alot of big clubs are after him, im looking for a nice transfer sum

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Im thinking that i wanna make alot of changes, lets see if my scouts finds anyone and most important :improvement in the league.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners

Play off semi - 2nd leg - not happy :(

As you can see we had 5 Clear cut chances - 1 off the woodwork whislt until the 85th min when I threw everyone forward they had 1 shot - 1 on target - 1 long shot - 0 clear cut - 1 goal :mad:

Was a 35 yard free kick - have not had the courage to see how low the guys free kicks and long shots are yet but assuming both will probably be below 5 :thdn:

Don't really feel like a full update now - will be post in a few days when I next have time to play - suffice to say a season which saw us top for around a third of the campaign and into the semi finals of the FA trophy has fallen somewhat flat :(

2017/17 - Hendon - League 2

Our first season in league football and I pretty much hoped for survival. Improvements were made where necessary and my assistant's improvements were vital, along with scout reports which helped bring in some key players.

Media Prediction: 24th

League Finish: 18th

League Graphs

Survival was delivered in a very good season. Yes, we lost some but the key thing was that we won some as well which meant we were safe with about 6 games remaining.

Squad

Transfers

League Cup - including a memorable first round victory over Bristol Rovers of League One on penalties.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Not much to say about this, crashed out at the first hurdle.

FA Cup - See JPT.

Key Players

Luciano Becchio - A key contribution from a key player as he was our top scorer with 19 goals. He did hit a massive loss of form but recovered well in the end.

Pascal Bidart - Great find by the scout and a key player; despite his abysmal assist and goals he contributed well and was often handing out assists to the people who assisted.

Stephan El Shaarawy - Another solid season from the Italian where he contributed 9 goals and eight assists.

Paul Folkes - The loanee from our parent club was the rock in the heart of the defence and sometimes played on the left - will have to try and get him back next season.

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd             Relegated
2012/13    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th                None
2014/15    Blue Square Premier        9th                None
2015/16    Blue Square Premier        5th         Promoted through playoffs
2016/17        League 2              18th                None

Boston United - Season 4 - League One - 2013/2014

Media Prediction - 24th

Final Position - 1st

FA Cup - 5th Round

Carling Cup - 1st Round

JP Trophy - Winners

League Table

Position Graph

Transfers

Finances

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

So started off the season shaky as usual but managed to get near the top soon enough. Picked up some unbeaten runs and cemented myself in the automatic places for the rest of the season. Had a few blips here and there with losses I shouldn't have had but squeaked in to first. A last day win over Colchester gave me the title. Could have gone either way, either automatic promotion or playoffs as a string of 3 or so bad performances with a few injuries mixed in almost derailed the good work but we got through in the end.

In the cups I surpassed expectations and managed to get to the 5th round of the FA Cup. Got beaten by Bolton and it was an away tie so nice for the coffers. In the Carling Cup I didn't last long again but in the JPT I had an awesome run. Managed to get my first cup with a 3-2 win over promotion rivals Cardiff.

Made a lot more transfers this year. Got in some nice loan signings, who contributed well. Most of the signings did well enough and I cleared some deadwood.

Awards

Manager of Season

League               Season    Finished  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions
League Two           12/13       1st    Champions
League One           13/14       1st    Champions, JPT Winners

dafuge your game seems to be throwing great prospects at you left right and centre whereas I can't find any! Can't believe you've got so many as to not require Bateman :eek:

Good season kaNovi, and well done on the FA Cup win :) in the Semi Final myself this season, really want it as it's the one I haven't gotten yet. Fixture congestion is making things tricky at the moment, we won the League Cup, still in the Champions League, and are 3 games behind everyone else in the League due to the Club World Championship malarky. We're still getting results, but it's tight, and players need resting whose backups are injured :(

If our finances were better I'd start resting people in the league and Champions League, but we need all the prize money we can get... tricky situation

Dartford - Blue Square Premier - 2012/2013

Despite being tipped to suffer a relegation battle in the Premier, Dartford have established themselves as a considerable threat to the playoff positions.

League: 11th (view)

FA Cup: First Round

FA Trophy: First Round

Squad

This year, the goal was simple: avoid relegation. We got off to a good start, notching up 2 wins against formidable opponents. A frustrating run of draws and losses then followed, and we only picked up 5 points from 7 matches, throwing us down to the lower regions of the table.

We kept on this pattern throughout the rest of the season, with the number of wins balancing out the number of losses. My star defender, Jeet Padaruth, kept on requesting transfer, so I had to bring in a replacement for him. Two of my strikers, Marvin Williams and Ajay Leitch-Smith, did a good job for the team. Towards the end of the season, we had a nice winning run against stronger teams, which brought us up to 11th in the table.

Thx SnakeXe, nice to see you keep playing the challenge :)

Well I tried Gundo's challenge but couldn't really get into it - always kept comparing unfavourably to my experiences with Merthyr, so I thought "why not just go back to Merthyr?" so I did :)

About 2 seasons ago I remember 7 players in the Welsh first team being either from my academy or naturalised at Merthyr - so you've got a while to go before you match me there dafuge ;)

Been thinking of trying to get the Wales job next time it comes up and really pushing my academy to see how far we could push the national side - like a mini San Marino challenge almost.

Season 5 Guiseley- tomc990

League- Blue Square Prem

Media Prediction- 22nd

Finish- 4th- promoted via play offs

Manager's comment: an ultimately successful season achieving promotion in our 3rd season in the blue square prem- i'm looking forward to the challenge of league 2.

League Table

Playoff1- a close 1st leg with us defeated.

Playoff2- An excellent performance led to an easy 3-0 win in the end

Playoff Final A tense game with magno viera scoring the winner in extra time.

Fa Cup

Fa Trophy

Nothing special in either

Player Stats- Top assister in the league with one of the top scorers

Team stats

Squad- value/selection/assistant reports

Awards: Manager of the month, 2nd in manager of the season, team of the season (burns)

Sale: the biggest sale involving blue square prem with 65k over 24 months here is the player

Key Players

Burns Top assister in the league- playmaker did me proud

Chaouki Loaned from united- great mr in 2nd half of the season

Magno Viera Brazilian signed on a free- scored an assisted throughout the season.

Mcauley My leading st this season :)

Muniz Spanish lb loaned from burnley- impressed me :)

Paton Dm signed for free- will be interesting to see if he can step up to league 2 standard.

Finances a major improvement on last season

Transfers More out than in improving the wage bill.

Next Season: The main aim of course is to stay clear from league 2 relegation so anything else is a bonus- i will try to make sure finances remain as they are without making a loss.

Thanks Tom

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2024/25

Predicted: 16th

Finished: 5th

League Table

League Table Graph

A huge, huge improvement needless to say. New signings did contribute far more effectively than previous seasons and two defenders brought in midway through the season are probably the reason we ended up so high up the table.

Truth be told, we should have broke the top four but lost our last game to Wolves after losing a man to a sending off.

-----------------

Lookies

Transfers Sold Resende (remember that donkey?) to Man United when my chairman accepted a £30million offer (like I was going to reject it.) As it turned out, United did win the league, however Resende did very little to contribute to it. Making me feel alot better about myself as he's now flopped at two English clubs. Wonderkid Carlos moved on to Milan in January after getting on my nerves more than once. Da Silva (not a wonderkid but a good prospect) moved on also. Leozao was useless in my new formation so he was sent on to Juventus. Rodrigo (another centre back) wanted out so away he went. Our back-up Keeper got an offer from Liverpool and we graciously accepted it.

In terms of ins, we got some excellent players in. (See Key Players & Youth)

Club Info Don't mean to sound harsh but as much as Ben Lasserre was a decent wee centre back, surely I should be on one of those lists?

Squad I'm liking this team. I'm sure I might have to add one or two more but generally I think I'm happy to stick with these lot next season.

Finances Getting better.

Facilities

------------------------------------

Cups

Carling Cup A great run, including a knock out of Man City. We dominated Everton at Wembly.

FA Cup After last season we had to improve. We did. Simply that. We should have won it and after dominating Arsenal at Wembly we didn't deserve to leave with runners up medals.

Key Players

Jaime Ortega Been with us for six years now but is finally coming to be one of the best forwards in England.

Rik De Jong Another strong season from this young full back. He's my vice captain already at 22.

Santos I needed a box to box midfielder to run the midfield and get a few goals. Got him for less than £15million.

Glenn Intezar After selling on Leozao I needed to replace that void with another forward. This lad is top, top quality.

Dmitry Tischenko My star goalkeeper. My first genuine superstar goalie and this big Russian kept us in many a game or two throughout the season. Still quite young also so could become a legend at Dartford.

Youth

Maximiliano Perez Another great season. Now a 'wonderkid' and with good reason.

Tiaguinho I actually wrapped up this deal a year ago when he was 17. This lad I think could become one of, if not the best player in the world. Literally staggering how good he is when the big games come up. Score a brace against Everton to lift the Carling Cup.

Phil Burt First time I've got a good youth prospect of my own. My assman thinks he could become a good Premier league centre back. Good stuff. Gave him a few games this season, didn't disappoint in any of his games.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for UEFA Europa League via Fair Play League
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for UEFA Europa League

Next Season

Try our best in the Europa League and in the league, well a repeat would be more than satisfactory, however we could well break the top four.

Aario - Hucknall - Season 2 (2011-12) - BSP - 3rd - Playoff semi lossers

Overview

A strong season but one that finsihed in disapointment - 1 win away from winning the league, lossing in the playoffs and also suffering defeat in the FA Trophy semi :thdn:

League

As you can see from the table it was (as with last season in the BSN) my home form that almost won us the league as yet again I found myself in a division that no-one seemed able to stamp their authority on. I really need to sort out my tactics away from home it appears :confused:. My strikers getting small injuries and suffering losses of confidence through Jan and right at the death eventually did for us when it appeared for a bit we may run away with it. Ultimately this defeat in the penultimate game against eventual winners York was decisive

Cups

[From last season report] "Nothing to see here - move along please! (aim for next season is to do a little better to get some cash in!)"

Well achived that! Got through to the 1st round of the FA Cup and had our first giant killing as we got a lucky 3-3 away at League 2 Shrewsbury before a deserved 2-1 home win put them out!

Came down to earth with a bump in the 2nd round though - getting spanked 0-4 by League 1 Swindon in front of the TV cameras. Bought in much need cash though.

FA Trophy was even better making it all the way to the semis but 2 below par performances against local rivals Mansfield meant we missed out on the chance to win a trophy I felt was there for the taking.

Squad

Here are the first team

Here are my transfers - about half of these were youngsters as the youth players that came through our systems would have been thrashed every week - doubt any of them will ever make the first team.

Best player was a bit of a surprise - he started the season in the reserves as I thought he had over performed in my season in the BSN but after getting his chance early on due to injury he never looked back. Will be interrested he can repeat this coming season.

Captain Keates was also great but I fear his legs maybe gone next season.

Aims for next season

Definitely want promotion - need to get the away day tactics sorted and probably find a decent central midfielder and a new keeper

Finances

Still lossing money each month. But thanks to the income from the 2 home FA Cup games against higher opposition we managed to turn a small profit over the season

Here you go :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square North         1st         Promoted as Champions
2011/12   Blue Square Premier       3rd         Playoff semi-finalist, FA Trophy semi-finalists

Season 1 report

Season 18 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Premier League - 1st, Champions (Table)

Champions League - Winners

FA Cup - Semi-Final (lost v Liverpool)

League Cup - Winners

Club World Championship - Winners

European Super Cup - Winners

Community Shield - Winners

Transfers

But for two defeats (both against Liverpool :mad:) this was the perfect season. One loss in the league, one in the FA Cup Semi-Final, and but for those (assuming we'd gone on to win the FA Cup final), it would have been every trophy, and totally unbeaten. Immortality within touching distance, but still so far away...

Oh well :) can't complain with all those shiny things in the cabinet can we!

Special mention for Daniel Carrera (history), the final outfield player left at the club who helped us win promotion from the Championship way back in 2021, who is finally leaving on a free transfer after his contract expired. He still helped us out, playing in the game that secured us the Premier League title, and I gave him a cheeky 5 minutes in the Champions League Final win over Fiorentina as a thank-you for the service he'd given us.

Which brings me on to the aim for next season - sort the squad out, and win everything. Possibly go undefeated. We had serious problems with tiredness at the end of the season - probably cost us that semi-final against Liverpool, and certainly made the Champions League semi-final against Marseille much tighter than it should have been. To put things in perspective, 11 players played more than 50 games, and Jose Manuel Moran played every game. 66 matches. We've already got another centre-half, midfielder and striker coming in to bolster our options, and I could probably do with another left winger too.

Oh, and a new stadium would be nice - 14,250 capacity is ridiculous for a double-Champions League and triple-Premier League winning team!

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
2025/26   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions
2026/27   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners[b]
2027/28   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Season 14 - 2023/24

Season 15 - 2024/25

Season 16 - 2025/26

Season 17 - 2026/27

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2026/27

Last year we fell just short of the leading two clubs and the lack of a real title challenge is becoming frustrating. I decided to abandon the two cups in order to focus on our league campaign.

League Table

League Positions Graph

So frustratingly close. With two games to go we were top, but then blew it with a 0-0 draw against relegated Birmingham. Man City overtook us with a win against Watford, but then faced a tough last game against Newcastle. They drew 1-1 handing me a chance to calim the title, which we blew again with a 1-1 draw, against Man Utd of all clubs.

FA Cup - it felt bad going out to a Championship side but I made no effort to win this game.

Carling Cup - a great draw for a competition I wasn't interested in, my reserves were easily beaten.

UEFA Champions League - we topped the group stage then started hammering our way through the knockout stages with a couple of 5-1 wins. After an away 1-0 loss to AC Milan in the semi final, we found ourselves 2-2 on aggregate and set to go out on away goals. I threw everyone forward and AC Milan put us out of our misery.

Transfers - I tried not to spend too much, with the two qualiy defenders the only real investments. With a couple of big sales I was able to make a profit on our transfers which was badly needed as our debt grew.

Squad - I'm happy with this squad now and I'm confident they can improve and hopefully win the title soon. The only real disappointment was David 'wonderkid' Bateman, who failed to score all season.

Key Player Profiles:

Javier - he's a real star, and his physical attributes don't look quite as bad now.

Cuma Sahan - a big imrpovement on last season as he made a major contribution with goals and assists.

Fabio Bertolini - was originally signed as backup but managed an impressive scoring record from the wing.

David Estévez - a solid looking defender who helped to improve the number of goals we conceded this season.

Sebastian Engelmann - dependable as ever, although he missed the last two games of the season which could have lost us the title.

Career Overview

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd

Next Season

We are so close now, we were really unlucky to come away empty handed this season. At least we didn't lose in any cup finals.

Things off the field are ok, although I may need to restrict myself in the transfer market to try and get our finances back in check. The stadium has been expanded to 34000 now, although that will be it as there is no space to expand further.

The improvement in Javier's Strength makes him look a much fiercer prospect I have to say :thup:

Good luck with the title next season, I'm sure you can do it :) I'm sure you would have done already had you been like me and destroyed your club's finances with reckless abandon! It's biting me back now, we made just a £6m profit last season despite almost bagging the quintuple, and we've already lost £20m so far this, and I've only played the community shield (win on pens over the 'Pool) so far :(

New stadium doesn't look likely to happen unless I start making a profit on transfers, which won't happen until I start finding some decent youth players. I've had just one player signed as a prospect for the future make the first 11 since I made the Premier League - mind you it is club record scorer Jose Manuel Moran :D

man Bateman! how dissapointing :(. Ill reckon you will get the title next year.

My team play as bad as ever, im wondering if we will ever improve in the league!

And im in a different position.. sold of alot of players and we have 20m+ balance, but have no transfer budget left :(

Oxford City's first season in League 2 is not going well at all; bottom after 11 games with just 5 points and 1 win in 12.

On the other hand striker Stephen Thompson is in the form of his life, with 15 goals in 12 games, scoring in every league game so far.

Dafuge, thats really tough luck with the league, but you look like you have a very strong squad. As for Bateman i would go with your instinct, ignore his attributes and coach reports if you don't think he is going to make it sell him on.

Into the 3rd round of the Carling Cup and playing against a fellow Championship team. Leading the table with straight wins so far going into the second month. Have brought in a future Prem quality goalie and also attacking midfielder. Going to upload them soon. Managed to get the goalie on a free and the striker for a deal which will be worth 170k. I wised up and sold a defender who I figured would be backup for 150k and brought in a better player on a free.

I love free transfers and cheap players who are quality. :)

Here he is: Marco Paz

Going to try to get Danny Welbeck on the cheap in January. He was injured while I was trying to wrangle with my parent club Man Utd and he's languishing in their reserves.

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2025/26

Predicted: 7th

Finished: 1st

League Table

League Table Graph

Unbelievable season. We reached the top during the first half of the season and never let up. We did finish on a very sour note with a 7-0 away drubbing by Man City (however the league was wrapped up and I was resting players for the Europa Final.)

Half of the challenge completed! :thup:

-----------------

Lookies

Transfers The only player of any significance brought in was my new record signing (and I say that proudly as he's outstanding) the great Terry Pierce.

As for departures, we did have a few. Young spanish striker Barasoain (back-up) had enough of being at Dartford and was moved on for a decent fee of £6.5million. Another one which I wasn't happy about as he's been with us a long time and was beginning to make strides was young left wing-back Torres. He decided he wasn't going to extend his contact and announced he would leave on a bosman. Come January, I had to get what I could for him.

Club Info If I hadn't have made the list after a League & European Cup double I would have been strongly suggesting a bug.

SquadThe full-back positions probably need better depth and perhaps another good back-up keeper. Apart from that I'm very positive about retaining my trophy next season.

Finances Should begin to push on now I have a squad with not much to add to it.

Facilities Need to max out the facilities.

Cups

Carling Cup As holders, we should be doing better.

Nowhere near as bad this though..

FA Cup Kill me now.

Europa League After easily clearing the group stage we went on a fantastic run in which I went through both of the old firm and in the end it climaxed with a hum-dinger of battle with the Arsenal

Key Players

Jaime Ortega Continued on from last season with devastated form all season long. Runner up for Player of the Year.

Diyan Vanchev My right winger had an awesome season with goals and assists to boot.

Terry Pierce Signed for a big fee of £28million but he was worth every penny. Completed dominated the midfield alongside Santos (who was good enough already.)

Glenn Intezar Another top season from the dutch man. Type of forward that can take on an entire defence ..and win!

Ricardinho Still quite young and is attracting too much interest than I can handle. Very good at coming off the wing to run straight at the defence and pop in a goal or two.

Kirichenko My fellow Dartford Icon was in great form this season and at 30 the Russian centre back is playing the best football of his career. Scored two goals against Arsenal in the Europa League Final.

Javier Much like Kirichenko was in superb form and kept us nice and tight at the back when needed.

Youth

Maximiliano Perez Beginning to push for a more concrete role in the heart of defence.

Tiaguinho 19 goals in all competitions for 19 year old Brazilian Tiaguinho. Going from strength to strength. I can't wait to see what he'll be like at 24-25.

Career Overview

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for UEFA Europa League via Fair Play League
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for UEFA Europa League
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, UEFA Europa League Winners, Qualified for the UEFA Champions League

Next Season

Keep our trophy! Try and reach at least the quarter-finals of the Champions League. Do much better in the Cups.

Archived