dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like the data update in the new patch has changed the teams reputations. For those interested these are the teams with a reputation below 1000 in patch 10.2.

[size=2][b]Isthmian League Premier Division[/b][/size]

Waltham Abbey           700
Bognor Regis            800
Cray                    800
Billericay              850
Margate                 850
Aveley                  850
Hendon                  900
Harrow                  950
Ashford (Middx)         950

[b]Southern League Premier Division[/b]

Didcot                  550
Stourbridge             600
Brackley                600
Halesowen               650
Evesham                 650
Rugby                   650
Bashley                 650
Leamington              700
Hemel Hempstead         750
Swindon Supermarine     750
Clevedon                800
Banbury                 900
Chippenham              950

[b]Northern League Premier Division[/b]

Durham                  500
Stocksbridge            650
Ossett Town             700
Frickley                750
Matlock                 750
Whitby                  750
Buxton                  800
North Ferriby           800
Retford                 850
Ashton Utd              900
Worksop                 900
Marine                  950
Hucknall                950
Burscough               950

Time to start a fresh game:)

Seems pretty weird with those stats

I have to agree. Although he does have highish attributes in the right areas he doesn't strike me as being that good. The thing is my AssMan (always useless of course) insists that he is a good Premier Division player playing at his potential.

Never been impressed with scouts or any staff for that matter in FM.

It's been an interesting start to life in League One - the other teams have quite literally decided to stamp their mark on my players by hacking them down :( also having to play twice a week isn't helping.

Luckily the loan rules only apply to Domestic loanees - so I could actually field a full team of loanees with my French based ones not counting towards the loan limit and some of them are even counted as Homegrown :D

On the plus side Everton have just thrashing me 5-0 in the Carling Cup, but I earned ~£200K from the game this time so we are now out of the red and I may actually be able to sign some players.

New Problem

The .ddt file dafuges_challenge10 appears in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

But when I load up game it doesn't appear in preferences. Its just the Holland one.

If you are using the 10.2 Database it needs to go in: \Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt

The field to the left belongs to the secondary school down the road that I used to go and the green space above the ground as the picture shows it is a 3G astro.

Meh as if schools need that much space, the Liverpool council were quite happy to kick people out of their homes in FM08 so I could expand my stadium :D

Who's silly idea was it to build a new ground in 2007 with no expansion space :(

Finally get to start the challenge again with 10.2 patch. I really hope that I can complete this for the first time with the mighty Pilgrims.

Say Hello to Drew Rattlesnake_85 the new Manager at Boston United. On accepting the Managers role at newly promoted Boston, Drew called his close friend 'Holiday Manager' to tell him the good news. After being on Holiday for his entire Football career, Manager told Drew that he had got a job with British Airways as they thought his world knowledge would be useful in moving the company forward.

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy84/DrewRattlesnake_85/BostonUtdManagerProfile2010-2011.jpg

New Problem

The .ddt file dafuges_challenge10 appears in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

But when I load up game it doesn't appear in preferences. Its just the Holland one.

Hi Rattlesnake i am having the same problem you were but not having any luck gettting the DDT to work. Would you be able to upload a save game saved on the 24th if you still have one please?

I've reloaded 50 times now, and still haven't settled on a team. I've kept saves for Bradford PA, Kingstonian, and Horsham, in case I give up on reloading. Right now, however, I'm happy to keep on reloading until I get a unqiue team. ;)

Also, Nuneaton have popped up every single time. Them b*tches.

Heres a link to my save: Link Its for 10.2, has players from top clubs for every continent so 20k players loaded.

If anyone loads North Ferriby with it, please upload it.

excellent. thanks for that Cerneo. finally going to start the challenge.

I actually started playing last night but with all plaeyrs in England retained rather than the DDT and managed to get Truro first time so hoping i can get them again.

I have to agree. Although he does have highish attributes in the right areas he doesn't strike me as being that good. The thing is my AssMan (always useless of course) insists that he is a good Premier Division player playing at his potential.

I had something similiar in 07 i think, a guy named Bradshaw.. no good stats but scored over 600 goals for me ! Its hard to drop a guy because of his stats if he keeps on scoring like that =)

Yeah I am just about there myself.

Really the most annoying this Nuneaton showing up every reload.

Agreed. I just whizzed by opportunities for Wealdstone, Burscough, and Boreham Wood. I'm aiming for > 1000. If Truro is possible, then anything is possible!

Agreed. I just whizzed by opportunities for Wealdstone, Burscough, and Boreham Wood. I'm aiming for > 1000. If Truro is possible, then anything is possible!

truro is 1200 so it should come up a lot now, a lot of the reps have changed

Hi Rattlesnake i am having the same problem you were but not having any luck gettting the DDT to work. Would you be able to upload a save game saved on the 24th if you still have one please?

Unfortunatly I saved over the 24th with my current game, but I see Cerneo posted a link already :thup:

Happy gaming Fuzzrab.

Merthyr Tydfill League 1 2021/22

Table

Position

FA Cup - 3rd Rd

League Cup - 2nd Rd

JPT - Winners

This was a fantastic season as with my new strike force we were around the playoffs early on before taking over at the top after xmas. Huddersfield were always there abouts and a loss to them with 4 games to go meant the title went down to the last game but a 5-0 win secured the title in style.

The league cup ended in a narrow 2-1 loss at home to Premiership Bristol City. In the FA cup i was thrashed 4-1 at home by premiership Cardiff (who finished 4th in prem)

In hopefully my last JPT i again denied Huddersfield beating them 4-2 in extra time in the final.

Transfers

My championship standard keeper Orsini was sold by the chaiman at the start of the season along with Lara (history) in Jan. My strike force from last year Clifford (history) and Black were sold on.

Squad

In defence the signing of Muller was crucial as the defence tightened up with Rivera and Iddi doing well.

In midfield Moncur had a record number of assists and Rodrigues was 2nd highest scorer.

Up front Sepe started on fire before tailing off. Diaby signed in mar was rated my best striker and hit a goal a game. Lehmann was injured for 5 months of the season.

Star player - took 9 games to score his first goal and didn't stop for the rest of the season. Rated at decent prem standard and signed on a bosman in jan of last season he scored a record number of goals for my side.

Championship 2022/23

Table

Position

FA Cup - 3rd Rd

League Cup - 3rd Rd

This was a good first year in the championship and with 15 games to go i was eyeing the playoffs but a poor finish meant midtable. Scoring was no problem but i conceded too many goals.

In the league cup i went out 2-1 at home to premiership Man City. In the FA cup i was thrashed 4-0 away to premiership Arsenal.

Transfers

Noone (history) and Rodgers (history) had been good servants of the club but were in decline and let go. Clarke (history) had dropped down to 5th choice and was sold on.

Squad

In goal Gagliardi had a good first season.

The defence especially Banahene were disappointing.

In midfield Morisse formed a great partnership with Rodrigues.

Up front Diaby made a good start but faded so Amestroy and Lehmann were my main strike force and stepped up well. Due to lack of injuries last years main striker Sepe barely featured.

Star Player - Rated 5th best midfielder by my ass man and coaches, showed again how wrong they are, with his constant goal threat and good performances.

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position          Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None 
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None 
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
2020/21   League 1                      14th        None 
2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners
2022/23   Championship                  16th        None

Can you give some tips on how you manage to progress so fast, score so many goals? Especially how you managed to win EPL in your first season out of Championship?

i have a 23yo defender Banahene who is rated at leading championship level but has been turning in rubbish displays last season and this season (im in dec). His contrct is running out and he won't sign a new one, valued at 650K i offered him around for 1 million + 50% sell one.

Should have asked for more - nearly 60 clubs made an offer :eek:

i have a 23yo defender Banahene who is rated at leading championship level but has been turning in rubbish displays last season and this season (im in dec). His contrct is running out and he won't sign a new one, valued at 650K i offered him around for 1 million + 50% sell one.

Should have asked for more - nearly 60 clubs made an offer :eek:

Hehe, makes you think if you have made the right decision in letting him leave :) but usually you have

Hehe, makes you think if you have made the right decision in letting him leave :) but usually you have

he's now 4th choice centre back so i want to cash in on him, last season and this in 32 league games he has averaged 6.5, and about 6.8 in cup games. there has been too many mistakes and games with a rating less than 5.

Hang on a minute. Teams reputations changing?? Why did I miss this. I just took Boston Utd as I couldn't be bothered sitting here for hours waiting for a low rep team to come up. Does this mean teams that were previously obscure are now a bit more common if you do enough reloads. If so I may do a few reloads and try and get a team that not as many people have chosen.

If any one knows what teams are likely to come up that not many people have chosen for this challenge could you let me know. Just so I can keep an eye out.

Crazy stuff, just been offered the Arsenal job. So hard not to just turn round and accept. They're doing somewhat poorly but with the offer of a £61 million transfer budget I'm inclined to save the game at this point and possibly go back to it at Arsenal

2020/2021 - Billericay Town - Barclay's Premier League

League Position - Champions

TABLE

GRAPH

Well, I've said before that I'm telling a tale of two seasons, but this season, that was more true than any before. There was one season, through to mid-March, where we were unbelievably strong, scoring for fun and dominating all competitions. Then Steam applied the patch, and man oh man, did we ever limp to the finish line. Its times like this I hate living in the US and playing this game, as I would never have applied a patch until the close season if not for Steam. Anyway, the way that close season happened took a little of the vigor away from my report, so bear with me.

Long story short, while we truly struggled through April and May, we had enough of a head of steam to only need to win one of our last 3 games to win the league. We had Man City at home, followed by Burnley and Blackburn away. The Citizens were on fire at the end of the season, and we never looked like winning a 0-2 reverse. Next up at Burnley we couldn't trouble their keeper and managed a uneventful 0-0 at Turf Moor. With those results, and Man City playing Chelsea, all we needed was a draw in our last match to end up winners. Sadly, Blackburn turned us over 2-0 at Ewood Park... but Man City saw of Chelsea to haul themselves into a tie, which we won on goal difference! Here's the tame, tame finish in the run-in.

As far as the cups, we lost to Benfica in the Best Placed Qualifying Round on the Champions League, and then went on to win all other competitions for a quadruple. Again, I'd be more excited about this if I wasn't so disgusted with my post patch form. Both the FA Cup final against Man City and the Europa League Final against Chelsea were well contested, and really, I have no idea how we won.

Europa League Final

Europa League Results

Quadruple

FA Cup Final

FA Cup results

Carling Cup Final

League Cup

UCL results

Community Shield

UEFA Super Cup

I actually spent money this season, brining in Coutinho, Nicolas Kessel and Moraga to bolster the spine of the team with some top quality. In doing so, I lost some real money, but I felt it was necessary to put us over the top in the league.

TRANSFERS

FINANCES

Highlights of the squad this season:

Manuel Rodríguez Sánchez - Rodríguez Sánchez is now a club Icon, and I can't bear to sell him.

Lasse Ikäheimo - The Finnish starlet had his best season ever.

Hans Blom - He contributed much in achieving his world-class potential.

Nicolas Kessel - The German tyro solidified the problem DM spot and is well on his way to being a world class player himself.

Marquinhos - The Brazillian had an even better season, scoring and providing in quantity.

In the run-up to the next season, I sold three longtime club servants, as they had finally outlived their usefulness, longtime captain Federico Fratus, longtime DM Victor Vega, and enigmatic striker Alberto Romagnoli. All three date back at least to our League One days, with Fratus joining us in League Two. It was sad to see them go, but I knew I'd never stop picking them so long as they were on the roster.

Just need to win the Champions League to complete this challenge, but I must say, I'm really going to need new tactics to do so.

Billericay Town

2010/2011 - Blue Square South - 2nd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round; FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round

2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier - 2nd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 2nd round; FA Trophy - Final

2012/2013 - Coca-Cola League Two - 3rd, automatic promotion; FA Cup - 2nd round; League Cup - 1st round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 1st round

2013/2014 - Coca-Cola League One - 12th; FA Cup - 3rd round; League Cup - 2nd round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2014/2015 - Coca-Cola League One - 3rd, playoffs - promoted; FA Cup - 4th round; League Cup - 2nd round; Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd round

2015/2016 - Coca-Cola Championship - 10th; FA Cup 6th round; League Cup - 2nd round

2016/2017 - Coca-Cola Championship - 6th, promoted via playoffs; FA Cup - 3rd round; League Cup - 1st round

2017/2018 - Barclay's Premier League - 16th; FA Cup - Semi Final; League Cup - 2nd round

2018/2019 - Barclay's Premier League - 2nd; FA Cup - 4th round; League Cup - Semi Final

2019/2020 - Barclay's Premier League - 4th; Champions League - 3rd place in Group Stage; Europa League - Winners; FA Cup - Winners; League Cup - 3rd round

2020/2021 - Barclay's Premier League - Champions; Champions League - Qualifying Rounds; Europa League - Winners; FA Cup - Winners; League Cup - Winners

English players are really no good in my game :/

Wow really? I had alot of talent starting around 2017 or so, I had scouts on all the youth comps and tracking the national team, problem was it was very hard to sign anyone since the AI really holds onto them tight with the new 8 player rule thing.

Wow really? I had alot of talent starting around 2017 or so, I had scouts on all the youth comps and tracking the national team, problem was it was very hard to sign anyone since the AI really holds onto them tight with the new 8 player rule thing.

Im searching and searching for english players that can be in me starting eleven and it just seems impossible to find any good players.. i cant even find talents! I have my scouts searching all over england in every division as well. I have to use alot of reserves/u18 to accomidate(i think thats the word :D ) the 8 HG rule..

8 player rule?

I find that English teenagers generally start with lower CAs than other nations but quite a few end up top class

It's because regens in active leagues get generated at 15/16 so they go through the youth teams in england, whereas regens in non-active leagues can get generated at 19-21 so they can go straight into the first teams.

Archived