dafuge's FM10 challenge

Sutton United - Championship 2014/15

It was fun and games this season at Ganders Green Lane, mostly because of a striker situation I had this season.

Last year I signed Liam Head and I though that if I paired him up with a decent target man then they should score and create goals. To that end I signed ex-Wigan striker Callum McManaman. I though that his attributes would mean that he'd be good in the air, of course just because I never actually saw him win an aerial challenge in the match doesn't mean that he didn't win any.

I finally got fed up with him when during the first half of a match two of his wayward passes ended up being intercepted and the opponents scoring. After that game I just gave up on him and transfer listed him.

Liam Head was transfer listed not long afterwards because I got frustrated with him.

That didn't leave me with many striker options, Paris Cowan-Hall was struggling for goals and the Manchester United striker I've been trying to get in on loan for 3 seasons struggled and some of his team mates didn't like him.

So I ended up getting an Italian striker with a bit of promise and a Spanish striker with a bit more promise. I knew that I needed more potency up front as I sold left back Marcos Painter for £1M to Derby. Marcos wasn't getting many games and I knew that he wouldn't be missed much. That let me buy ex-Monaco striker Terence Makengo, he's a litttle injury prone but with some luck I can manage with the odd niggling injury.

This season also saw the first instance of the chairman selling a player over my head. The player was an English U21 right winger who actually struggled with the media pressure twice during the season and so wasn't a really big loss. The chairman actually got a decent amount for him.

The League Cup wasn't much to write about, we lost 2-1 to Sheffield United in the 2nd round.

The FA Cup saw us narrowly beat Gillingham in the 3rd round and defeat Derby 2-0 AET in the 4th round replay.

That earned us a tie at home against regular EPL winners in my game Chelsea. In fron of the TV cameras we were losing 2-0 after 77 minutes but a couple fo tactic changes and more then a little luck saw Makengo score twice to take it to a replay. But Chelseas showed their real class to win 2-0 .

As for the league, I thought that we would be very lucky to finish in the top half of the table. But in fact we finished 4th and went into my first playoffs in this save.

I was really shocked that my young side managed to keep near the top of the table. We were never really close to one of the automatic promotion places, but were 3rd for a little while before a mini-injury crisis hit.

In the playoff semi we faced Wigan. Unfortunately they beat us home and away during the season and so I was expecting a very hard game and was only hoping for a draw in the first leg away. Needless to say I was shocked with a 3-0 win against a lacklustre Wigan side

The second leg was more of the same and we won without too many problems

In the playoff final we faced Derby. I was a little more hopefull against Derby as I got 4 points from them during the season. We cruised to a 3-0 lead only for Derby to pull 2 back in the last minutes of the game including a rebound from a penalty that my keeper saved in injury time. So the [url-http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/spankie_uk2002/2014/SuttonUtdvDerby.png]3-2 victory saw us win through to the promised land[/url]

I managed to sign a few players for the first team and a couple of players with potential who may or may not make the grade.

I don't know how many of my squad can make the step up but I've got the feeling that a few of them should do well, especially as they've now been playing together for a few years.

Dean Cronin was made captain this season and despite feeling under pressure at being made skipper at 19 he did very weel and had the highest average at the club.

Cedric Levavasseur was Cronin's defensive partner and was also the supporters player of the season. I'm not sure whay, but perhaps the fans like a bad boy and with 3 red cards Cedric qualifies for that.

Kevin Reilly will hopefully improve next season. I really hoped that he could pull the strings in midfield this season, but 32 year old Andy Dorman ended up doing most of that. They even played togeter at times during the season and having 2 attack minded central midfielder is fun in a squeaky trousers kind of way.

Ignacio could end up being a decent poacher for Sutton. The second goal he scored for us was a little odd, it was from a corner that was cleared to a lurking Reilly who hammered in a long shot that seems to clip Ignacio on the buttock.

Terenc Makengo is one of the player I'm certain will do well in the EPL as long as I can keep him fit for most of the season.

The club's finances are in a decent shape so far. At one stage we had £3M in the bank, but improved contracts for some players put a dent in that.

Also a new stadium is an even bigger drain on the finances, at about £190k a month. Hopefully a couple of season in the Premier League will mean that I won't even notivce the loan repayments.

Next season

The only real aim is survival in the Premier League. I'll also need to sign a few more English players. Hopefulyl I can sign starting defensive midfielder and a pair of winger, also another striker would be handy.

I've alreday played to the 25th of June and I've had this guy come into my U18s and my caches rate him a potential leading EPL left back.

I have just offerend him a pre-contract as I'd be shocked if I see a player with as much potential as him very often.

Season          League                     Position        Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11        Blue Square South        1st         Promoted as champions.
2011/12        Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as champions, FA trophy winners.
2012/13        League Two               1st         Promoted as champions.
2013/14        League One               1st         Promoted as champions, JPT winners.
2014/15        Championship             4th         Promoted via Playoffs.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kingstonian (2022/2023)

Premier League Prediction - 19

Premier League Position - 10

Table

Graph

Summary

Suprised not only the media prediction but myself by ending as no 10 in our first premier league season.

Made a couple of good signings and we played fairly well all season exept in the cups where we went out in our first round in

FA Cup and League cup. both loses where to much lower rep. teams, so that was pretty bad.

Just got the news that the stadium will be increased by almost 9000 seats which will give us a capacity of about 26000.

Furthermore we are upgrading the youth facilites for the 3rd or 4th year in a row. Im quite impressed with my board willingness to upgrade our facilities.

Squad

Kaldirim Our first and most expensive signing this year and his stats talk for himself. Great great prospect and a bargain.

Although he got injured and missed 4 months. I hope he isnt injurie prone.

Skelton Another new signing and our first English international

Alvarez Once again top goalscorer in the club and 3rd in the PL. Unbeliavable he can keep scoring with his maybee not that impressive stats

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Another midtable would be great, hopefully i can stay away from the relegation zone. I would really like a nice cup run as well

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2022/23

Last season we finished in an unexpected 3rd position and entered the Champions League for our first outing in Europe.

League Table

League Positions Graph

I was right, last season we were punching well above our weight. Despite a good start, we slid into the bottom half of the table before clawing our way back up towards the European spots. It is no big surprise that we will not be in the CL next season.

FA Cup - the highlight of the route to the final was without doubt this epic semi, but the final itself also ended in similar fashion. Finally, we have won our first cup.

Carling Cup - things were looking good until the final. That made it four cup finals in four different competitions and four losses.

UEFA Champions League - we had a tough group but a few decent result put us in a goos position, which we blew with a loss at home to Werder Bremen.

UEFA Europa League - a late goal ended our run abruptly.

Transfers - Blackmore is a talented looking youngster and Rai is a quality player but we didn't really sign enough players.

Squad - we just don't have the strength in depth to challenge at the very top. Unless we get some money into the club, this group of youngsters are going to be all we have.

Key Player Profiles:

Anderson - I was ready to sell but he's had a great season.

Rai - the new signing, who took on the 'Karner' role.

Dale Ellis - he did well but I really need a better striker.

Arie de Vries - my captain, who wants to leave. I'll cash in if he doesn't change his mind.

Stephen Agbo - a young full back who has been with us a couple of years now.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners

Next Season

My simple aim is to get back into the Champions League. We have finally got ourselves a trophy so I will be taking the cup competitions easy next season with a firm view on the league.

I'm hoping there will be investment into the stadium, which currently holds around 25000, but my finances are a bit up and down at the moment.

I may have gone a little loan crazy having brought in 10 players on loan so far - mainly to provide cover.

Though still haven't managed to find a new keeper who's interested in joining me, at least I finally got a youth keeper promoted he's even the best of this years bunch though with only half a star potential.

Into the FA Cup 4th round, JPT North Final amd 1st in January. Finally got Bouazza to sign for me. Been trying to find a RB but none available for loan that are under 23 and my transfer balance is nil after converting it to wage budget to be able to pick up some quality free transfers. So tied on points, two games in hand and superior GD. Now to try and maybe pull off an upset against WBA who I play at home in the FA Cup, continue the search for a Championship quality RB, win the JPT for my first cup or reach the final and get automatic promotion in the league to the Championship.

In what folder are you placing the file?

this one

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

Did you install through steam?

no i installed the game from the disc. no steam updates or anything either as i dont have net at home.

This is where it needs to go

Vista - C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

Steam - C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

I put the DDT in the vista pathway metioned in the quote but when i load the game only the team Holland one is there. I tried putting it in a few other folders but had no luck there either. Some peole were having this problem at the start but managed to fix it, however they didn't post up how they done this.

it's worked for me thus far, yes. I'll hold off on fully endorsing it before others take a look.

I'll go ahead and paste mine and the original to show some differences as well:

mine:

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "30002707"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "7940869"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103927"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "4002011"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100178"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "109212"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "4000631"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "627"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103793"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100123"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100159"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100070"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "4002016"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103651"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "670"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "8325049"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100134"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "723"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100139"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100227"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "8325140"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100217"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103640"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100115"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100088"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "4001704"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103663"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100121"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103681"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100090"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "30015287"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "659"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "106580"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100225"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5108729"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "684"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "94001831"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100163"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100109"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "4000389"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103700"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103639"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "8325039"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100027"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "615"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "4002013"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103634"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100031"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103870"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "8611092"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "653"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "578"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103608"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100055"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "113522"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "682"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100053"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103839"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103616"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5103188"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "8601371"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100057"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100061"

"RETAIN_PLAYERS" "5100066"

mediafire link

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì30002707î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì7940869î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì4002011î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì109212î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì4000631î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì627î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100123î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì647î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100223î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100159î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100070î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì4002016î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100161î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5103651î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì8325049î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100134î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5103801î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100198î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì723î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100139î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100227î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100217î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100027î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì615î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì4002013î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100031î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì8601343î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100037î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì8611092î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì653î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì578î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì106580î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì117669î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100055î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì90002272î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì682î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100053î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5103839î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5103616î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5103188î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5103840î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100061î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100063î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100066î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5103640î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100115î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5103635î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100088î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì4001704î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5103663î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100121î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì638î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100090î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì30015287î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì657î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì659î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100225î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì663î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5103637î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì684î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100163î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100109î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì4000389î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5103700î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5103639î

ìRETAIN_PLAYERSî ì5100149î

one noticeable difference is that the latter file has no RETAIN_PLAYERS for kingstonian, whose unique id is 670. I wonder if that mediafire link is messed up and the first link isn't?

Cambridge City 22/23

Table

Graph

Season Review: We won just about everything, and most of it was easy. The three games we lost were all game right before a Champions League game where I had to rest players, fad I not done that I think we would of gone defeated. Also won the Community Shield.

This will be my last report with Cambridge City since I am restarting with a new team since the new patch is out. Looking forward to a another rise to the top.

History:

Carling Cup

FA Cup

Champions League

Domestic Leagues

FA Cup Final

Carling Cup Final

Champions League Final

Club World Championship Final

Euro Super Cup

Cup Review: Won everything but the Euro Super Championship, went in thinking it would be a easy win and did not make the changes I normally would during the game and we let a goal in late.

Other than that was smooth sailing, felt some pressure in the Carling Cup to threepeat, one of my main goals for the season was to at least do that and win the FA Cup, was not counting on back to back Champion League wins.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Players:

Ceccarelii - GK: Super GK one of the big reason for the success we had.

Araujo - DC: Remains the best player on the team, and possibly the world, all of those goals are from corners, mostly when playing weaker teams who don't have anyone that can match him physically.

Hogg - DC/R: Cemented his spot convincing me I don't need another DC.

Jose - DL: My biggest buy ever was well worth the money he just dominated the whole left side of the field all season.

Williams - DR: Would be replaced if I keep the save going.

Marconi - DM: Silent workhorse who had been good up until this season where he just was not preforming where I needed him, would be replaced if I keep going.

Ashe - MC/R/L: Solid season, really good battle with Harrop for who to start, I think its one of the reason they have developed so quickly.

Kimble - MR: Locked up his spot as the MR for a good long time.

Funnell - ML: Solid player, worth the money I paid over all, pairs well with Ashe or Harrop.

Harrop - MC/DM: Retrained him to Defensive Mid this season since Marconi was not playing well from time to time.

Tales - S: As you can see had a much better season, but Anderson is giving him a run for his money as the second choice.

Anderson - S: My very quality back up striker who keeps trying to force his way into the first team.

Saavedra - S: Another epic season probably the second best player on the team. Going to miss him in my new save.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 1st                           Promotion
2011/12       BSP                 13th				
2012/13       BSP                 1st                     Promotion/FA T Winner
2013/14       L2                  13th                      4th Round FA Cup
2014/15       L2                  4th            Simifinal Playoffs/ 4th Round FA Cup
2015/16       L2                  1st                  Promotion/Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17       L1                  1st                  Promotion/Paint Trophy Winners
2017/18       C                   7th                       
2018/19       C                   2nd                             Promotion
2019/20      EPL                  15th
2020/21      EPL                  3rd                Carling Cup Winners/FA Cup Finals
2021/22      EPL                  1st     Carling Cup Winners/Champions League Winners
2022/23      EPL                  1st  Carling Cup Winner/Champions League Winner/FA Cup Winner

Next Season: If I ever return to the save, new DM/DR and win everything again.

------

National Team 22/23: Ireland

Took them over in early January, squad over all is decent, a couple good young players and some old vets still playing well. Went on to win the Four Associations Tournament, I feel we over preformed though, really should of lost to Wales who seems to have a very strong team.

Matches to date

Four Associations Tournament

UEFA Euro Championship (Was not in charge for any of these, not sure how they will go the rest of the way)

okay, that explains it - the second link in the original post is a link to last year's file, while the first link is to this year's file.

looks like I got to work on my data entry chops. daf, if you want to update the second link with the one I've posted above feel free.

Going to go ahead and start with it then.

I ended up with a pretty good season, update to follow, but my god, the new patch kicked my ass. I was storming through everything up to March, I went to bed last night, got patched without realizing it, and next thing I knew, I was scrapping for every point. My goals for next season are going to be to put together a new tactic that actually works on the new patch. I may even have to spring for wingers!

I ended up with a pretty good season, update to follow, but my god, the new patch kicked my ass. I was storming through everything up to March, I went to bed last night, got patched without realizing it, and next thing I knew, I was scrapping for every point. My goals for next season are going to be to put together a new tactic that actually works on the new patch. I may even have to spring for wingers!

Yeah I hear its much harder to score.

this one

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

no i installed the game from the disc. no steam updates or anything either as i dont have net at home.

I put the DDT in the vista pathway metioned in the quote but when i load the game only the team Holland one is there. I tried putting it in a few other folders but had no luck there either. Some peole were having this problem at the start but managed to fix it, however they didn't post up how they done this.

If you're using the 10.2 database then the DDT file needs to go in the 1020 folder, not the 1000 one.

If you're using the 10.2 database then the DDT file needs to go in the 1020 folder, not the 1000 one.

No i was using the 1000 database. I have downloaded and installed the new patch but i still get the same results with only the team Holland file showing. I tried putting the DDT in the edt folder in 1000, 1010, 1020 and the editor folder but with no success.

Dafuge is it ok if i start a new game on the 10.2 Db and just retain all players in England? if not can someone upload a save game saved on the 24th June please?

FC United - Barclays Premiership - Season 2016/2017

Well this was a fantastic improvement on last season and it could have been so much better. I am delighted with our Europa League victory especially, elevating me to United legend status. The victory over Roma in penalties was just the pinnacle of satisfaction as a manager. Our league position was very good, sitting just inside the top 6 at fifth, however up until the final few games, we could have reached as high as 2nd. This is all very exciting news as FC United head into their third Premiership season.

League Table

Our FA Cup run was also encouraging. We reached the Semi Final but went down to a very good Everton side 3-1. Also, we reached the League Cup final but for the third time in my time at FC United, we lost a cup final. Better luck next time boys

FA Cup

League Cup

Europa League

We signed just five players going into our second Premiership season, but they all played a large part, with new goalkeeper Brad Guzan probably being the pick of the bunch. Robinho, another one of my successful free transfers, proved to be excellent despite his old age playing 30 games with an average rating of 7.1. Tim Wohlfarth was also very good, but considering the price I paid for the ex-Man Utd man I was slightly disappointed. Vanden Borre got down to the nitty gritty and did very well in our makeshift defence for the season. N'Koulou proved to be a fantastic piece of business, buying the Chelsea reserve for 6 million and then selling him 5 months later for 11 million to Man City, the largest we have received for a transfer. Considering that N'Koulou was not one of our better players in those five months, I was delighted to accept the offer.

Transfers

Caamano was again the star man for FC United, finishing atop the scoring charts for the second season in a row. He finished with 25 goals in 36 games, slightly less than his 28 from 35 last season. He was simply pivotal in our successes but his strike partner, Simon Church (who was a huge disappointment last season) came into his own and proved his potential to be a fantastic striker for our club. It's a shame Church requested to be put on the transfer list at the end of last season, as I regret not giving him his chance. He was excellent for us when I did come to use him around Christmas time, getting 14 goals in 26 games, and when considering this is a team with top goalscorer Caamano and also Arnautovic, it's a wonder Church pulled this off, a star player. I can only hope he requests to be removed from the transfer list, as I would like to keep him wearing FC United colours for a while longer.

Aims for Next Season:

With the strides we made last season, I expect nothing more than a push for a Champions League place and to hopefully give Man City, who I can only expect to win the Premiership once again, a run for their money.

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
2010/11    Blue Square North           1st         Promoted, BSN Champions
2011/12    Blue Square Premier         2nd         Promoted
2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2          6th         Promoted, play-off winners
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 1          1st         Promoted, League 1 Champions, FA Cup Runner-Up
2014/15    Coca-Cola Championship      5th         Promoted, play-off winners
2015/16    Barclays Premiership       12th         FA Cup Runner-Up
2016/17    Barclays Premiership        5th         Europa League Winners, League Cup finalists. 

CAMBRIDGE CITY - PREMIER LEAGUE - 2015/2016 - SEASON SIX

Media Prediction - Back to old ways as the press insist on us finishing rock bottom.

League - Straight forward win here although after the title was won and due to huge fixture congestion and tired players we lost a few more games than I would like. Amongst these was a record defeat of 4-2 away to Liverpool. No doubt getting revenge for us defeating them 6-1 earlier in the season. The squad was definitely down to the bare bones although we did manage to get a loan in from new parent club Juventus. Once again Marc Spellman had an outstanding season.

Europa League - I've always found European competition in FM to be a lot easier than National competitions. We easily won all our group games which included Ajax. Saint Etienne and Sporting Lisbon were easily dispatched too but then we bumped into Ajax again. Won 2-1 at home but lost 3-2 away. Thankfully the away goals rule worked in our favour. Another toughie in the semis as we were held to a 2-2 draw at home to Fiorentina but then we dominated the away leg to win 3-2 (5-4 on agg). The Final at Stade Velodrome was first Euro Final and it was against the mighty Inter Milan. Thankfully we came out on top.

FA Cup - After defeating Liverpool in the 3rd Round (thats 3 times in 6 years we've knocked them out now) it was pretty straight forward until the semi-final against Chelsea. Chasing so many titles late on the season took its toll but the semi was indeed a classic with Chelsea winning the shoot out.

League Cup - Always good to get an early Trophy under your belt. The Final was indeed sweet as we gained revenge on Manchester City who defeated us in last season's FA Cup Final.

Squad - The annoying thing this season was that during the 1st transfer window we had a transfer embargo because of a failed takeover attempt. This was following by another successful takeover by the same guy (Robert Sullivan) forcing another transfer embargo in January. This of course meant no new players coming in apart from Real Madrid midfielder Julio Alberto Alvarez. At £3m (paid for outside the transfer window) the wonder kid was a great addition to the club in January.

Well the takeover was completed in February and the new owner pumped in £5m and then cancelled our youth and training upgrades. Amazing because I don't remember us having any. Last season's big problem has now gone in that we had a capacity of just 1,900 because only seats were allowed to be used in Europe and the Premier League.

We now have a fantastic 13,477 all-seater stadium. For the new season I was given a transfer budget of just over £50m. A few new faces have come in and then promptly went out to the Olympics!!! :mad:

Season   League                Position    Achievements
[font=Courier New]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]
[font=Courier New]2010/11  Blue Square North     1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011/12  Blue Square Premier   1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 4th Round, FA Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2012/13  League Two            1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup Finalists, League Cup 2nd Round, Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2013/14  League One            1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, League Cup 3rd Round, Johnstone's Paint Trophy 2nd Round[/font]
[font=Courier New]2014/15  Championship          1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup Finalists, League Cup 4th Round, Europa League Qualification[/font]
[font=Courier New]2015/16  Premier League        1st         Champions, Europa League Winners, FA Cup semi-finalists, League Cup Winners[/font]

Mm I thought you can offer a contract to players a couple of months before their contract ends. But this is only posibly when it already ended?!

// thanks Cerneo.. Was heading for 5th place for 10 games, but in the last game which I won, I just finished 3rd in the league... Number 3, 4 and 5 all 80 points lol

I've just been told by my board that there isn't enough room to expand my stadium, bare in mind Nantwich's Stadium is in the middle of the countryside and looks like this yes the only stand I have is one that takes up a third of one side of the pitch

Compare this to Marine who in FM08 I got it expanded past 50,000 :confused:

The field to the left belongs to the secondary school down the road that I used to go and the green space above the ground as the picture shows it is a 3G astro.

Fantastic work SMSL :thup: You've gone and done a Mikael and won your league in every season from the beginning! :D Spellman has the potential to complete the Danny Roberts challenge if you keep on going with the save after you complete the challenge! :D

Seems pretty weird with those stats

okay, that explains it - the second link in the original post is a link to last year's file, while the first link is to this year's file.

looks like I got to work on my data entry chops. daf, if you want to update the second link with the one I've posted above feel free.

Looks like I just accidentally posted the wrong link from my mediafire uploads, it is fixed now.

Archived