dafuge's FM10 challenge

hm, i finished 6th in the prem last season, shouldn't i have got a european place? i've just gone into october of the next season, maybe i'll get a message about it soon?

Did a team who finished outside of the top 6 in the Prem league win the Europa Cup last season?

Won 2-1 at home to League 2 Rushden, so through to the FA Cup 4th round :D

As a consolation prize for losing, I have loaned Rushden a certain Craig Hunter (came out very late for the faceinthegame regens, through Chelsea, failed there so I took him on).

Woohoo, got parent club and big team Chelsea in the FA Cup 4th round, at their 57k all seater, Zola Stadium :thup: Good money there.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kingstonian (2017/2018)

Championship Prediction - 24

Championship Position - 14

Table

Graph

Summary

First season i actually sold somebody for money!

I actually think that we overachieved a bit. We had just a terrible backline GK, DR, DC and DC needs to be substituted next year.

But all in all a decent first season in Championship. Im hoping i can get my backline to play better.

Just got this message: New Stadium!

Squad

Alvarez Great signing this year

Fabris

Klinkenberg

Ordonez

Robson My real big hope in defence, nice prospect

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Need a new backline, lets take it from there.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none

hm, i finished 6th in the prem last season, shouldn't i have got a european place? i've just gone into october of the next season, maybe i'll get a message about it soon?

the euro places are usually top 5 + fa cup winner and league cup winner. If the cup winners finish in the top 5 the euro places go to the next team in the league.

The first euro games start in aug/sep so you have been unlucky to miss out this season.

I got into the Premier League a few days ago, and finished my first season there, stayed up on goal difference on the last day of the season!

Then the board said they'd build me a new stadium :D But it's practically destroying the financial stability I had built up.

In my time attempting to get Truro, I have saves for all but 2 teams. If you want them, ask.

Are Bashley amongst the ones you do have? I've actually been to see them play so would be nice to have a go with them :)

Edit: Good job on the new stadium kaNovi, €42m is an incredible amount for a bottom-table Championship team to come up with though! My attendances are fast becoming a source of woe, despite the fact that the board told me for years that the stadium would never be allowed to be expanded, it has been to 14,250 (from 10,000). We don't fill it. In the Premier League.

:(

Double Edit: My £19m left winger is out for 4 months with a broken foot :(:(

Edit: Good job on the new stadium kaNovi, €42m is an incredible amount for a bottom-table Championship team to come up with though! My attendances are fast becoming a source of woe, despite the fact that the board told me for years that the stadium would never be allowed to be expanded, it has been to 14,250 (from 10,000). We don't fill it. In the Premier League.

i'n not sure that there isn't something wrong with attendances. i've been in L1 for 4 seasons, now in my 5th and my season tickets are still 293, attendances are just below 3000. I would have expected some increase after this time as it has been about the same figures for the last 3 seasons, it was more in the first season in L1.

i'n not sure that there isn't something wrong with attendances. i've been in L1 for 4 seasons, now in my 5th and my season tickets are still 293, attendances are just below 3000. I would have expected some increase after this time as it has been about the same figures for the last 3 seasons, it was more in the first season in L1.

I think what it is, is that when you first get promoted to the league you get good attendances because you're playing against teams of a much higher reputation than your own on a consistent basis. It then drops off as your reputation rises, because they aren't seen as big games any more.

I only very occasionally get a full-house these days, and often under 10k, whereas when the stadium was first improved after my promotion, we filled it at 10k every game.

9th in the Blue Square South at the moment,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sheeshkebab/Truro/BlueSquareSouth.png

Some fairly decent transfers in

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sheeshkebab/Truro/TruroCity-2.png

Trying to make use of the youth squad, as Truro have a Youth Academy, and there are som bright prospects in there.

Made it to the first round of the FA Cup too, against Bury. Tricky game.

screenshot2009-12-04at124050.png

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

best result i've had on fm10 to date :D

(fyi, man utd are still good - top of the league in fact)

kutgw! 10 10 10

Well the new stadium has put us in a terrible financial state.. as i sayd before the wage budget has been very much decreased and im in big trouble if 2-3 players gets an injurie. As for now i only have 5 substitutes. and the new stadium takes 2 years to be completed, so the state of our finances are very insecure..

Well the new stadium has put us in a terrible financial state.. as i sayd before the wage budget has been very much decreased and im in big trouble if 2-3 players gets an injurie. As for now i only have 5 substitutes. and the new stadium takes 2 years to be completed, so the state of our finances are very insecure..

Ouch! My first team squad comprises of just 20 players at the moment, with two talented youngsters fleshing out the bench when required. Unfortunately it's necessary to go for quality over quantity with small clubs in big leagues!

Just scored the 1000th goal of my reign at Merthyr, to rescue a last-minute point at home to Villa :)

Hehe well done, ived had a decent start but if i get injuries im in trouble... ived tried to get 10 players in on loan but they all reject me?? Its trouble here alright ;)

I had that issue, at least 75% of the players my ass-man recommended in his loan reports would reject me. Something that needs looking at for 10.2 imho :thup:

I havent had even one loan in my safe, but thats because i mainly dont wanna build my squad around loan players in the lower leagues. however its trouble for me now as i cant offer any player more than a 120euro salary p/w :p. and i guess this will continue untill my new stadium is ready in 2 years, but if the attandence are low then its really bad news for the club. im a little afraid that you cant fill a 14.000 stadium in the PL snake.. But i believe that Kingstonian are in the london area?? so maybe there is a bigger fan base here? but what do i know

Annihilator666 - Guiseley - Season 15/16 - Coca-Cola League 1

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Squad - Guiseley Squad

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Archie Campbell

Records - Overall Records | Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Competition History - Past League Positions | Full Competitions History

Another season played above expectations. After I bad start (see my post complaining earlier in this thread :p) I went on a 14 match unbeaten run in all competitions. My good form continued in the league until the end of the season, finishing 6th and thereby qualifying for the playoffs! First leg at home against Swindon, I eek out a 1-0 victory. However, at their place they dominate and pick up an easy 2-0 win to condemn me to League 1 for another season.

Made a bit of progress in the cups. Had a 3rd round replay against Crystal Palace with the winner going on to play Newcastle away (£££££££££) but I got beat 2-1. :mad: Didn't go so well in the League Cup as I went out in the 1st round.

Finances are such a shambles right now, gonna need a money-spinning cup tie or a couple of big sales to fix them.

I havent had even one loan in my safe, but thats because i mainly dont wanna build my squad around loan players in the lower leagues. however its trouble for me now as i cant offer any player more than a 120euro salary p/w :p. and i guess this will continue untill my new stadium is ready in 2 years, but if the attandence are low then its really bad news for the club. im a little afraid that you cant fill a 14.000 stadium in the PL snake.. But i believe that Kingstonian are in the london area?? so maybe there is a bigger fan base here? but what do i know

If you can sell someone for decent money you can pump that back into your wage budget, might be a way around it if you have someone that's being checked out by bigger clubs but who you could live without.

Yeah Kingstonian is right near London, so your catchment area should be better. Just checked on Wikipedia and Merthyr Tydfil (the borough) currently has a population of circa 55,000 - so I'm pulling in 1/5th of the entire place every week, which isn't actually half bad!

In my time attempting to get Truro, I have saves for all but 2 teams. If you want them, ask.

Could you put up a save for Bashley then? Like someone else I've been dying to play them :)

My brother was waiting for Truro as well, but just like me - no luck after a long day of reloading.

I was also reluctant to have loan signings at first, but it's got to the stage where I have no choice. At the moment I have around 16/17 players, including 3 loan signings.

I've been quiet for the last week or so because I've just got a new laptop and it is taking a bit of getting used to.

It has a fairly small screen in true widescreen format with a resolution that is quite high for the size of the screen, which has its advantages and disadvantages.

Can you have a look at this screenshot and tell me if it is readable for you lot?

Anderson

I've been quiet for the last week or so because I've just got a new laptop and it is taking a bit of getting used to.

It has a fairly small screen in true widescreen format with a resolution that is quite high for the size of the screen, which has its advantages and disadvantages.

Can you have a look at this screenshot and tell me if it is readable for you lot?

Anderson

looks reasonably readable, i can see he has 18 goals

what sort of tactics are people using as none of mine seem to working at all. even though i have good players they don't perform well, noticable that when they leave there stats improve no end.

BSS through to Championship I used 4-5-1, Rigid, Direct, Less Roaming, long shots turned off on everyone. In the Championship I dabbled with a 4-4-2 due to not having a suitable lone striker, but moved back to the 4-5-1 when I got one, and that's the system I was promoted with.

Premier League I've used 4-4-2 throughout, again Rigid, Zonal Marking, everything else Default until I see how the game is going.

Anderson

Yep, it's readable :thup:

Is it one of the tiny Vaios?

bit more of a strain for the eyes than your usual screenshots, but can still see all of the information.

I thought you said it was relatively small! That's bigger than mine :p

Looks the same to me, other than the skin change obviously :)

For a laptop it is quite big, but the resolution is 1920x1080 which is quite high for that size.

That was just the dark version, just checking that it is clear enough for you lot as it is a bit kinder on my eyes with this shiny new screen.

I was also reluctant to have loan signings at first, but it's got to the stage where I have no choice. At the moment I have around 16/17 players, including 3 loan signings.

Understandable! i was more thinking if the loan signings were running the team entirely! i wish i could get some loan signings This is my team right now and untill january unless the board allow me to sign som free transfers

30:53 1 - 0 Rocha \o/

halftime

47:21 contemplating selling my "star" striker Freddy Eputa. 1-0 up in playoff for the prem and he's complacent!

could easy start smoking again now

56:32 2 - 0 Rocha!!!!!

75:52 3 - 0 Rocha :D I'm just gonna sell that wuzzy Eputa he's always feeling the pressure while Rocha delivers the goods

Fulltime

Chippenham have won promotion to the English Premier Division.

with a 4000 cap 300 seater stadium.....

and Paul Scoles has expressed a desire to become a youth coach at my club

For a laptop it is quite big, but the resolution is 1920x1080 which is quite high for that size.

That was just the dark version, just checking that it is clear enough for you lot as it is a bit kinder on my eyes with this shiny new screen.

That is pretty impressive, do you run FM at that resolution too?

Understandable! i was more thinking if the loan signings were running the team entirely! i wish i could get some loan signings This is my team right now and untill january unless the board allow me to sign som free transfers

One of my old loan signings was in the running for World Player of the Year this season... he's quite a lot better now than when I had him :p I only ever had a couple of loanees who played consistently in the first XI, it seems much harder to get decent ones than last year, where you could build your team around a good'un.

Gargra - Chippenham Town - Coca-Cola Championship - 2014/2015

This turned out better then expected.. was hovering just below and in last playoff spot most of season and steamrolled the teams in the playoffs

League Table

FA Cup

League Cup

Transfers - Quite a bit activity on the transfer market. Fans hate me for every player i sell it seems

Finances - Not much change

Squad

Key Players:

Rocha - Player of the year

Koke - Assist king

Graeme Speirs - Defener of the year

Enzo Dubus - Honorable mention. Rock solid in playoffs and decent season.

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South           4th         Promotion(Playoff)
2011/12    Blue Sqaure Premier         3rd         Promotion(Playoff), FA Trophy
2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2          3rd         Promotion
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 1          4th         Promotion(Playoff), Johnstone's Paint Trophy
2014/15    Coca-Cola Championship      5th         Promotion(Playoff)

Next season

Now the hard work gotta start. Badly need a new stadium, it's only 4000 cap 300 seats.

Board announce plans for new stadium

Contruction of Chippenham Stadium will cost around £23M, although this figure will be offset by the £1.6M the club will receive by selling Hardenhuish Park.

The board have secured a loan of £21.67M to help finance the stadium project.

Additional funding for the project has been secured with a stadium sponsorshipdeal worth £7.58M.

The new stadium is scheduled to be finished on Tuesday 27th June 2017 and will boast undersoil heating and a capacity of around 16571.

Bring on the loans!

Hassebasse Merthyr Tydfil 2021-2022 CC Championship

A good first season in CCC, finishing 11th.

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Goals for the new season:

Fix my defense. leaking goals like crazy, fortunately I score quite a few as well.

Decide if I'm playing 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 instead of switching throughout the season

Clear the deadwood that's still left from my league two period

Board announce plans for new stadium

Contruction of Chippenham Stadium will cost around £23M, although this figure will be offset by the £1.6M the club will receive by selling Hardenhuish Park.

The board have secured a loan of £21.67M to help finance the stadium project.

Additional funding for the project has been secured with a stadium sponsorhipdeal worth £7.58M.

The new stadium is scheduled to be finished on Tuesday 27th June 2017 and will boast undersoil heating and a capacity of around 16571.

Bring on the loans!

Great stuff! I want a new ground :( might even be named after me, I'm the only one on the club Legends list :thup:

Undersoil heating would certainly be nice too, although I haven't noticed any fixtures being postponed since we've made the Premier League...

Archived