dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spartansteen - Jordan Latimer - Nuneaton Town

Season Review 2012/13

My media prediction was 12th and i already had a decent squad so i knew that was quite easy to achieve, i decided that i was going to over spend by £230 a week on wage budget to try an attempt a play off place, half way through the season this proved to be a really good decision as i was sitting 2nd and 5 points behind first placed Rushden who had been there since the 2nd game of season! As games went on i hit a 11 game win streak a personal best and that made me top of the league by 5 points and goal difference. Anyways i won the league quite comfortably and finished on 101 points another personal best.:D

League Table http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Spartansteen09/?action=view&current=LeaguetableBSPseason2.jpg

Turning Pro http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Spartansteen09/?action=view&current=Professional.jpg

FA Cup was very dismal compared to last season got knocked out by Kettering in the 4th Qaul round.

FA Trophy was a success, also managed to get my own back on kettering in the 1st round winning 2-0, anyway the trophy had my name on it and in the final we won 4-0 but we didn't deserve to score 4! about 2 would of been a fair reflection! http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Spartansteen09/?action=view&current=Fatrophyfinal.jpg

Manager of the Year http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Spartansteen09/?action=view&current=Manageroftheyear.jpg

Top Goalscorer My fab Regen http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Spartansteen09/?action=view&current=TopGoalscorer-1.jpg

Jack Webb http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Spartansteen09/?action=view&current=JackWebb.jpg

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st            Promoted, BSN Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Prem         10th           Fa Cup 3rd Round
2012/13        Blue Square Prem         1st            BSP Champions, FA Trophy Winners

Season 3 - Blue Square South - Merthyr

We started off well in the league and eventually finished off in 5th. It came down to the last game of the season, we were at home to Eastleigh and we were a point off 6th.

We needed and win and it got to squeaky bum time. Jesus, Russ is a real Super Sub, he'd been on the pitch all of 2 minutes.

We then got into the Playoff final, Marcus Griffiths is the all time top goal scorer and top appearances at the grand old age of 23.

We had a decent sized squad and it helped during the times of suspensions etc. We made a couple of transfers and Downes was invaluable at the back.

Season      Position      League      Achievements
10/11        3rd            BSS          Playoff final losers
11/12        12th          BSS          N/A
12/13        5th            BSS          Playoff final winners

Season 3 - Blue Square South - Merthyr

We started off well in the league and eventually finished off in 5th. It came down to the last game of the season, we were at home to Eastleigh and we were a point off 6th.

We needed and win and it got to squeaky bum time. Jesus, Russ is a real Super Sub, he'd been on the pitch all of 2 minutes.

We then got into the Playoff final, Marcus Griffiths is the all time top goal scorer and top appearances at the grand old age of 23.

We had a decent sized squad and it helped during the times of suspensions etc. We made a couple of transfers and Downes was invaluable at the back.

Season      Position      League      Achievements
10/11        3rd            BSS          Playoff final losers
11/12        12th          BSS          N/A
12/13        5th            BSS          Playoff final winners

Congrats to you matey well deserved there :)

Posting an update soon, even though my first season in the BSP was a bit of a nightmare :(

Also before i was meaning how do you do like a summary of your seasons having for example the table above

Season Position League Achievements

10/11 etc

Glenn Crane - Kendal Town - Season 2 - BSP - 16th

An amazing start to the season followed by a very bad slump in the middle and towards the end of the season.

We were scoring freely but just couldn't seem to get our defence sorted.

We are also very much in debt.

Not a huge update as i am very tired but will show you the basic screenshots!

League

Squad

Transfers

Prehaps a highlight of the season was getting to the Fa Trophy Semi final but losing on penaltys but at least

And then my best players this season

Keatings - Once again a fantastic player, playing jsut behind the front two and getting alot fo goals and assists

Alessandra - A striker i got in on loan and then managed to buy for my biggest transfer fee yet of 4.5K. Great Striker

Guy - Another striker i bought in this season finished up with an impressive rate. Can you see the pattern of my best players all being attacking

Hutton - A superb signing, and one of the highlights of the season came from him playing consistently well

Honourable mention must also go to Kieran Walmsley, as you can see from his screenshot he is not that great stats wise. however he has a mean free kick on him! You cant see his stats on the screenshot because i decided to add him late as he got fans player of the year all of his goals were free kick including a 45 yarder but he got 5 goals, 7 assists, 3 MOM and an Av rating of 6.99 in 37 games!

Goals for next season

1. Sure up the defence - Already have Hasney Alfojee signing :)
  2. Finish in a playoff place or above
  3. Improve finances somehow??

Season          League               League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         4th           Promoted Via playoffs
2011/12        Blue Square Prem         16th           Fa Trophy Semis

Well i have some amazing signings so far.

Sean Derry

James Walker

Tresor Kandol

Aljofree

Looks like my kendal side could be going forward.

However i did have to sacrifice CUmbers who was on 600pw, and may also sacrifice alessandra as hes on 700pw!

Looks like I just completely suck these days. Having enver been relegated before I am now facing my 2nd one in as many attempts at this years edition of the challenge. Terrible stuff, just can't seem to get my team to perform anywhere near their level. I'm in the relegation zone and both of my goalkeepers will now be missing for the next 3 weeks leaving me with a hopeless Under 18's keeper to do the job. Think it could be all over again

G. Keenan's FC United- 2018/2019 Season Review- Coca-Cola Championship

Season review: I had a very rough start to the year losing 8 of the first 9 games and as you would expect, this had me footing up the bottom of the table. My form however did pick up, Newcastle poached one of my better players Manuel Fernandez Gonzalez for £5m, which turned out to be something of a blessing in disguise as it allowed me to splash out £3.5m on now star player Paulo Monteiro, and it was Monteiro's goals that helped lead me to a respectable 15th place finish.

League Table

Graph

Squad

Finances

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 Champions
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None

Does anyone have a problem with the pitch on their home ground?

I'm playing FC United and my pitch just looks terrible! With the rains, any long ball over the top just sticks to the pitch instead of bouncing and going out of play which is ****ing me off a LOT.

Any advice? I'm assuming relaying the pitch is not an option. (Please let me know if it is!)

I'm playing FC United and my pitch just looks terrible! With the rains, any long ball over the top just sticks to the pitch instead of bouncing and going out of play which is ****ing me off a LOT.

Any advice? I'm assuming relaying the pitch is not an option. (Please let me know if it is!)

In the board requests you can ask for the pitch to be relaid

You can request it in the board room, but it won't be relayed until the end of the season. I've had similar problems with King's Lynn, but the crappy pitch seems may work in your favour against the slicker, passing sides.

Just finished my second season and thought i had signed a great player in Julio Santa Cruz only to be refused a WP. How come i can't get a WP for a player whose last club was Blackburn, i never can understand how this works, it seems the game applies the WP rules more stringently than IRL.

I've got 6 games left of the Championship season and we're currently sitting in 5th. We've got a 5 point cushion between us and 7th place and 7 points between us and automatic promotion. So we've got a good chance of making the playoffs. But fixture congestion, both recently passed and in the final few games, is going to make it really tough on our small squad. But i'm fairly confident our strikers have enough in them to get a couple of results and secure a playoff place.

Season 2 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Blue Square Premier - 1st (Table)

FA Trophy - 3rd Round (lost v Gateshead)

FA Cup - 2nd Round (lost v Swansea)

Transfers

Another great season - and the first time I've ever got out of the Blue Square Premier in any incarnation of dafuge's Challenge, woohoo! Kept mostly with the side that won promotion so spectacularly from the Blue Square South last season, just added in former Celtic bit-part player John Kennedy at centre-half. Of the other buys, Jordy Brouwer showed potential after I trained him to break the offside trap, and Lee Rooney should become an effective force with time.

For next season I definitely need a new left back, probably two new first-choice wingers, and ideally a new defensive midfielder, so I'll be busy in the transfer market. I don't rate my chances of making it a triple back-to-back promotion, as we struggled to get over the line in this in the end. Also considering a change from my favoured 4-5-1 due to Brouwer's potential alongside the ever outstanding Curtis Stevens.

Onwards and upwards :):thup:

Edit: Also just noticed I've made the favoured personnel list!!

Edit 2: And we've turned pro!!!

Season    League              Position  Achievements                  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South   1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier 1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

KINGS LYNN 2010/2011 - BLUE SQUARE NORTH

Here is my Managers profile

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z197/Chewy2006_photos/KingsLynnprofile.jpg

As you can see I thought I would start with a automatic reputation rather than a sunday league player as I think it's more of a challenge ;)

First thing I thought when I looked at my squad was it simply wasen't good enough to stay up at the first attempt so I decided that I would try and get rid of every1 in squad and bring in my new side. At the end of the August transfer window here is how my squad looked.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z197/Chewy2006_photos/KingsLynnSquad10-11.jpg

As you can see I've got a few experienced players in the side none other than Malcolm Christie, Paul Jones and Sylvain Legwinski who all have played in the premiership. I was quite happy with my side and was confident that I could meet my expectation of a mid table finish.

BLUE SQUARE NORTH 2010-2011 TABLE

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z197/Chewy2006_photos/KingsLynn-BSNtable.jpg

In the league we did far better than I ever thought we were capable of and stormed it after christmas, putting the first trophy in the trophy cabnet for a long while.

FA CUP 2010-2011

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z197/Chewy2006_photos/KingsLynn-FACup1stRound.jpg

In the FA Cup we did quite well to reach the 1st round but were quite unlucky to get drawn away against L2 side Bradford City. They showed the gap in quality between the sides as they dominated for long periods but I was really happy that we managed to score. I was abit disappointed that we couldn't get a home tie as we could of done with the money.

FA TROPHY 2010-2011

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z197/Chewy2006_photos/KingsLynn-FATrophyFinal.jpg

In the FA Trophy we had an amazing run getting all the way to the final. The board thought that we would only reach the first round but we marked this amazing run to the final by going to Wembley and player of the season Willy Topp bagging the winning goal to bring us the double in my first season.

Targets for next season

Finish mid table or better in the BLUE SQUARE PREMIER

Defend the FA TROPHY

Build a better side that can play in a higher division

Do better in the FA CUP

I cant get into this challenge so far this year. Ive tried a few different clubs but I cant get beyond the first few weeks before I give up. Does anyone have any tips for the first few weeks/months of the game? And who shall I pick? I want a team that isnt TOO popular, but neither do I want to have to do 100000000s of reloads! I really want to get going on this challenge this evening, too.

Anyone?!

Merthyr Tydfill BSP 2011/12

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 1st Rd

FA Trophy - 2nd Rd

This turned out to be a real nothing season, after a good start i slipped back and staying in midtable all season, by march i had no chance or being relegated or of promotion. This was caused by not putting a real winning run together, i tended to not lose for 4 games and then not win for 4 games. In the FA Cup i lost 3-2 away in the 1st Rd to L1 Crewe, this was a real kick in the teeth as the winning goal was a penalty in the 95th minute.

In the FA trophy i went out at home 2-1 to Forest Green which was a tame exit to a competition i could win.

The finances continue to get worse and i'm now 250k in the red which would have been worse if the board had not put in 75k over the year.

Squad

Transfers

Gallacher was my main goalie with a new backup a priority.

In defence Bailey started the season at leftback but some poor performances meant Noble finished the season as first choice. At rightback Hunter did well with Edghill providing the cover although he declined as the season went on.

At centre back Rodgers was excellent and pretty good at right back when needed, alongside him Camano didn't hit the heights of last year. The backups of Thomas and Hartshorn did ok but lack the quality going foward and will be leaving.

In midfield i signed Prutton to drive the team foward but he was inconsistant in his displays and i was disappointed overall as i expected more. By contrast Millar showed more. Hussain was signed in Jan but was a complete disappointment, playing poorly even though rated as a leading L2 player. Noone only played a few games after signing in mar but did well. On the right Shroot did well for most of the season before dipping towards the end. Watts lacks the quality to really fill in. On the left Mcshea started the season with Watson signed later on, Watson was only acceptable and will be moved on.

Up front Kisuka and Fitzharris were the main strikers, while Kisuka improved from last season, Fitzharris started well but missed 2 months through injury and played poorly thereafter, only coming off the subs bench for last few months of the season. Griffiths did very well as a backup.

Star Player - Finished as my top scorer which was excellent as he played half his games at left midfield before finishing the season up front.

I have some good signings lined up for next season having chased Eikrem and McDonald all year, they have now signed but couldn't get a WP for Julio Santa Cruz who would have come and is a L1 striker.

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      9th         None

Edit: started well with Eikrem rated at Championship standard :eek: but only worth 4.5 stars and performing at an acceptable rating of 7.51 :D, i've found some leading L1 potential players but they all want 500 p/w in wages and i'm not sure they are better than what i have

I cant get into this challenge so far this year. Ive tried a few different clubs but I cant get beyond the first few weeks before I give up. Does anyone have any tips for the first few weeks/months of the game? And who shall I pick? I want a team that isnt TOO popular, but neither do I want to have to do 100000000s of reloads! I really want to get going on this challenge this evening, too.

Anyone?!

Putting key players on FT contracts helps, looking at celtic and rangers released players is good in the first year.

merthyr is a very good team to start with but im biased :D

How many players do you think is a sensible maximum to sign in that first year? And won't FT contracts drain finances like pulling a plug out of a bath?

most players will sign FT contracts for the same or £25 more than PT so no its not that much of a drain. As for signing players i never sign players who can't play in L2 or BSP but have 2 players for every position although it depends on the wages i'm paying. Also get rid of the existing deadwood as quickly as possible, they are often the biggest drain on resources

So, after shipping out all the dead wood and bringing in players to cover each position, we're looking at 10-15 signings?

I buy about 20 in my first season, usually 10 before the first game, then a further 5 over the next month...then about another 5 after a few months.

I think that players are more willing to come after a while, once they have been released by their club too.

I'm of the opinion, that if you buy 20 players, 8 of 'em are gonna be okay.

So, after shipping out all the dead wood and bringing in players to cover each position, we're looking at 10-15 signings?

about that i signed 13, the best players can often only be signed near the end of the season when your rep must rise if you are doing well

Drewski. Boston United. Blue Square Premier. 2013/2014

Well, I said that I needed a few more signings that I felt would be able to propel us up the table and into the play-offs, and that is what happened, Promotion!, now that we are in the promise land of League 2, I intend on enjoying the most of it; for the majority of the season we were in the top 6, we also went top a few times, it's just a shame that we were never able to cement our place at the top spot.

Squad - Not bad, but I think that if I got another 20 goal striker to partner Paynter then I think that we would have been able to finish 1st, no doubt about that, our goalie and back four were a bit shakey but I have a few players coming in that will hopefully shore things up a bit, midfield was okay, again, a few players coming in that will hopefully add more quality, and just like the rest of the squad I have a striker coming in as well.

Howard - came in towards the end of last season to replace my other RB who was not up to BSP standard, did a very good job especially since he was only a few players that were able to get over a 7.00 as an average at the end of the season, he will be my number 1 RB next season as well unless I can get someone else in; Hudson - may not have got over 7.00 for a season average, but his 11 assists were crucial, he was perfect for the BSP, but I'm not sure about League 2, he'll have to do as I cannot get any else in who is of better quality; Paynter - this years Pat, who had a bit of a crappy season this time round, so it was up to Paynter top try and get the goals we needed so badly, and he did this very well, not sure if he will be able to do the business in League 2 but we'll see.

Transfers - Carp out, some half decent players in, at least they did the business.

Finances - continue to rise, which is a good thing, hopefully, with higher gate receipts next season I might have a half decent transfer budget.

My updated profile - my picture seems to have gone, weird.

Aims for next season:

Stay up.

Improve squad.

Make some money.

2011-2012-Dover Athletic-Season Review-BSN

Not much to report on this season. We never had a chance to reach the playoffs but we were never in relegation dannger. Kyle Wilson hit form at the end of the season so it bodes well for next year. In the FA trophy we were doing quite well until we came up against Northwich where we produced a horrible performance. We were also poor against Halesowen in the FA cup which was a disapointment as we needed a good cup run.

BSN-9th

League Position Graph

FA Cup-2nd qual round v Halesowen

FA Trophy-3rd round v Northwich

Manager Overview

Transfers

[font=Arial]Season------League------Position------Achievements[/font]
[font=Arial]2010-2011----BSN----------18th------------None----      [/font]
[font=Arial]2011-2012----BSN----------9th-------------None----[/font]

We beat Swansea 2-1 in the home leg of the playoff semi-final. We probably could have had a few more goals too. Now for the tricky 2nd leg!

The second leg was a dramatic 2-2 draw. So we're through to the playoff final! The only problem is that one of our key players, striker Nile Ranger, picked up an injury. Not sure how serious it is yet though...

...he's out for 2 weeks, so probably won't be fit for the final. Fortunately his replacement is Craig Rodger's strike partner last season. So hopefully they can refind their awesome League 2 form.

We've got local rivals Peterborough in the Playoff final. The biggest prize in football awaits! Exciting stuff!

The second leg was a dramatic 2-2 draw. So we're through to the playoff final! The only problem is that one of our key players, striker Nile Ranger, picked up an injury. Not sure how serious it is yet though...

...he's out for 2 weeks, so probably won't be fit for the final. Fortunately his replacement is Craig Rodger's strike partner last season. So hopefully they can refind their awesome League 2 form.

Good luck :thup:

---------------------------------

I just had this come up

I'd offered him to them as he had been sitting in my reserves...one of my first signings. I feel like I've stabbed him in the back, all for £100.

My playoff final score at half time is: King's Lynn 0-0 Peterborough.

A pretty uneventful half. 'Boro started brightly with a couple of chances but as the half progressed we started pulling off the counter attacks. No great chances yet though. Now for Churchillian half-time team talk!!

75 mins: Still 0-0, but tense. Craig Rodger had a great chance but couldn't convert. We've had the best of it, but Peterborough have threatened from corners...

80 mins: GOAL!!! 1-0 to King's Lynn! CB Miquel intercepts a 'Boro counter attack with a diving header and an incisive through ball from N'Diaye finds Chrapek in space and he slots home with a tidy finish.

87 mins: Peterborough break through with their winger Raul. He aims across the keeper but it is excellently saved by Vasilev. Nervous times for the fans...

FULL TIME: King's Lynn win 1-0 and are in the Premier league!!!

Archived