dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hassebasse Merthyr Tydfil 2014-2015 League Two

A good first season in league two, finishing 9th. We needed a bit of time before Christmas to get a grip on the new level, but we ended the season in style. Lots of goals were scored, and lots of goals were conceded :D

League table

Transfers

Squad

My best player was as usual my young left winger Scott, unfortunately he was injured for a good portion of the season. Scott profile - Scott history

Top scorer was once again Duffy

Cups sucked bigtime, crashed out in the first round of all of them :rolleyes:

Goals for my next season:

Tidy up the defense

Challenge for play-off

Keep hold of Scott unless £5 mill drop my way

I thought that playing games vs big Prem teams to make money was not allowed in a rule you used to have Dafuge.

Well to clear my debt time to face Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham my Parent Club and Champions League semi finalist.

It was never officially put into the rules, but has always been considered against the spirit of the challenge. If people really want to do this then there's nothing to stop them.

It was never officially put into the rules, but has always been considered against the spirit of the challenge. If people really want to do this then there's nothing to stop them.

Why is this against the spirit of the challenge? They dont accept until you're at a certain level of reputation - it is a reward for success, surely. I cant get friendlies against the big clubs when in the BSS/BSP....

Guys , if you start a new game , then do the settings stay the as they were , when you loaded your previous version ? Because i have 4 coaches and an asst mgr and i have the "add key staff" unticked .

Merthyr have staff in my game as well, it just means they have staff assigned by the researchers, which others don't.

Why is this against the spirit of the challenge? They dont accept until you're at a certain level of reputation - it is a reward for success, surely. I cant get friendlies against the big clubs when in the BSS/BSP....

There used to be a bug where certain teams would accept anyway, meaning you could make a fortune. If you really think you should be allowed to clear your debt in one pre season then this probably isn't the challenge for you.

G. Keenan's FC United- 2015/2016 Season Review- Coca-Cola League 2

Season review: Talk about a complete contrast from last season. Instead of sitting around the foot of the table all year we sat around the top pf the table all year, I thought we had a shot at the title at one point, and then it looked like I would have to settle for the playoffs, but decisions went our way in the final couple of games and we ended up in the final automatic promotion position of 3rd.

League Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted

Spartansteen - Jordan Latimer - Nuneaton Town - BSP

Season 11/12 (season 2)

Media Prediction 16th :confused:

My old X1 from BSN http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Spartansteen09/?action=view&current=NowBestX1.jpg

My New best X1 BSP http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Spartansteen09/?action=view&current=BSPBestX1.jpg

Transfers http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/Spartansteen09/?action=view&current=BSPtransfers.jpg

This could be tough to finish 16th, but fingers crossed and here goes!

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st            Promoted, BSN Champions

Hendons second season in the EPL saw us push up 2 places to finish 10th this season but still way off being title challengers, I am also thinking of going back to my 4132 as using the 442 in the EPL just doesn't seem to dominate games for me. Perhaps going back to my favourite tactic I used to get promotion through the leagues & sign better players will work, depends if I can buy the players needed but will see this summer.

Fa cup 4th qaul home to histon, just edged it 2-1!

Fa cup 1st round away to torquay in league 2 drew 1-1 won replay 1-0

Fa cup 2nd round was bizarely on TV home to Rugby won 3-1

Fa cup 3rd round home to top of league 1 Southampton, got beat 4-2 and didn't even sell all my tickets!!!

In RL my game versus saints would of been on TV and a sell out! There is absolute no chance of a non league team vs a non league team be shown live on TV! SI you non league developer needs some more knowledge on this!

Kings Lynn - Blue Square Premier - 2013/2014

Promotion and FA Trophy Winners

Predicted: 17th

Finished: 1st

Having had 2 previous seasons of disapointment, i spent the pre-season looking to really strengthen the squad, in both the previous seasons we had put ourselves in good positions to challange for a play off position and fallen away badly in the run in.

Thankfully, i was able to add some much needed experience and a touch of class to a squad i felt was lacking in both those areas.

A solid Keeper was a must and Peter Enckelmen was just what i was looking, solid and reliable.

The strike force was superb throughout the season, i started with Izale McLeod (14 Goals in 28 Games) and Nick Blackman (27 Goals in 46 Games) as my prefered pair and they did not let me down, making a flying start to the season, when McLeod was injured mid season and out for 5 months i was concerned we did not have the back up but Andreas Weimann came in and paid me back with 23 goals in 29 starts.

But for all the good work of the strike force, 2 players really stood out,

Stephan Sama was a rock at the heart of the defence, nothing got past him and he was sensational even had the Cameroon Coach in the stands a few times watching him

Dany N'Guessan was a livewire on the wings, Chipped in a with a few vital goals and plenty of assists.

This strong spine ensured that we managed to end the season top of the division and say Hello to the football league, a fantastic achieviment, the season was up and down and there was still some inconsusitency, but this time we managed to hold it together right till the end and secure the title on the last day.

This all happened alongside a fantastic run to the FA Trophy final which we managed to win after extra time.

A fantastic season, but the hard work starts now, alot of the squad are not good enough for the next level and changes will be needed, but i am confident we have the spine of a team that can survive and push on.

Other notable landmarks from the season were Nick Blackman becoming the all time leading scorer with 46 goals and Valentin Milenov breaking the apperance record with 157

As For myself i picked up the manager of the year award, and Kings Lynn were recognised as the overachivers

League Table

FA Trophy

Transfers

Squad

Season  League                    Position        Achievements-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2010/11 Blue Square North           2nd           Promotion, Play Off Winners
2011/12 Blue Square Premier         13th          -
2012/13 Blue Square Premier         13th          -
2013/14 Blue Square Premier         1st           Promotion, FA Trophy Winners

Scooty_BAFC - Canvey Island - Blue Square South - 2010/11

Just finished my first season, coming in at a slightly disappointing 14th. But looking at the Position's Graph it couldve been a lot worse, thankfully I had a decent run in which kept me safe. Heres how it finished: Final Table

Blue Square South - 14th

FA Cup - Lost in 3rd Round (v Dag & Red)

FA Trophy - Lost in 2nd Round (v Barrow)

And my Transfers if youre interested..

Next season I'd like to see myself challenging for promotion, and hopefully improve the finances. Despite having a decent run in the FA Cup and staying well under budget throughout the season I still managed to make a loss. Not quite in the red yet though.

Have got 2 weeks off work now so hopefully can storm through a few seasons. :thup:

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 14th                       

Tonbridge Angels End of Season Review 2011/2012

Well what a cracking season it was tbh. Over performed in every competition we were in and generally played some good stuff and even in pre-season looked a force.

First the FA Cup having reached the 4th Qualifying Round and facing BSP Side Dagenham I thought we had done OK but would not progressed any further however when it came down to it we got a brilliant 3-0 victory. And into the first round we went where we got a decent draw but still potentially tricky against Dartford. Away from home I wasn't sure if we were capable of getting the victory but a Keatings goal after just 1 minute proved to be the winner. The 2nd round through up the trickiest tie yet at home to league 2 side Hereford. When they took the lead on 20 minutes I thought the cup run was over however 2 goals from Sean Fitzharris before half time saw us grab a 2-1 victory. The third round landed us with a home tie against Championship side Peterborough I had already written us off before the game having seen they had taken 13 out of the last 15 points available. They quickly took a 2-0 lead but an Andy Todd penalty just before half time made it an interesting second half but in the end we couldn't break them down again and the great cup run came to an end with a spirited performance.

Onto the league and having started the season with a draw it didn't take us long to rise to the top 2 places and having got back on top of the league after the 16th game of the season we didn't look back and flew to the title.

League Table - http://img697.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11092009205705.jpg

Positions Graph - http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11092009205735.jpg

Transfers - http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11092009210148.jpg

jack.browne - Nuneaton Town - 2010/11 - 1st season

Table | Position Graph

As shown in the graph, not a bad season, but it could have been better. Didn't have the best first half of the season as shown, but we grew in confidence and became a strong team with just a poor last few games denying us a play-off place.

Key Players

Chris Giles - Had a solid season at the back, pitching in with a couple of important goals and generally looking good.

Malcolm Christie - He had an excellent season once he got over his injury in pre-season. Will try to keep him but he is attracting interest from other clubs.

Transfers

Nothing exceptional in this part, with nobody really setting the world alight and obviously, no money transfers!

Finances

Not a brilliant season in this respect, losing over £100,000. Will hope to rectify this over the next few seasons.

Aims for Next Season

1) Promotion

2) Stabilise the Finances

3) Have a good run in the Cups.

G. Keenan's FC United- 2016/2017 Season Review- Coca-Cola League 1

Season review: We survived. Not sure what else to say. We didn't score enough goals and we conceded too many. Will be looking to improve at moat positions in the offseason.

League Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None

Drewski. Boston United. 2013/2014

Our first season in the BSP after promotion, and I thought that we were capable of finishing at least mid-table, suffice to say, my prediction was correct, but, it should have been much, much more than that, we started the season with so much promise, but as the season wore on, we just fell apart.

Squad - squad was okay, I thought we could have done with a few more experienced defenders but I had to work with what I had at my disposal, Farrell was the main man in defence, with an average of over 7.00 which I thought was exceptional from my number one CB.

O'Leary - a summer recruit, the Irishman was the key man in midfield, everything ran through him, he was a my Steven Gerrard, even chipped in with a few goals and assists, if I am to do better next season, then he will be vital to the team.

Pat - not a bad signing, top scored for us this season, hopefully more of the same next season.

Transfers - Lots of carp out, some half decent players in.

Finances - still in the black, hopefully a cup run will change all that.

Aims for next season:

Improve on this season.

Make some money.

Buy better players.

Just a quick question for Dafuge or anyone who knows. When loaning a player from abroad do I still need to have trialled him?

If you can't get a scout report yes. If you can get a scout report you don't have to.

Well I'm off and running with FC United. Its been a bit of a struggle so far. Just about to play my tenth game of the season but we've finally hit a little form and climbed out of the relegation zone. Had two massive back to back wins in the league. We beat Gainsborough 2-0 at home who are struggling a bit and then beat Stafford (bottom of the table) with our best performance of the season to date. Link

Archived