dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wish that this feature could save them as JPEGs, it would save me a lot of time.

The PNG's are actually quite small this year (100-200 kB). I was about to convert to JPG myself at first, but noticed they just looked worse at the same or bigger filesize, so hardly worth it over lossless PNG.

The PNG's are actually quite small this year (100-200 kB). I was about to convert to JPG myself at first, but noticed they just looked worse at the same or bigger filesize, so hardly worth it over lossless PNG.

Just testing:

JPEG - 7 secs to upload

PNG - 9 secs to upload

Nice one, I might start using that at last.

G. Keenan's FC United- 2012/2013 Season Review- Blue Square Premier

Season Review: First season in the BSP started very well and I thought promotion was on the cards but then our form fell away and I had to settle for 7th. I thought my signing of Richard Offiong would carry me to glory but he was actually a little disappointing. As for the cups, I lost in the 1st round of the FA Cup and the 'Trophy.

League Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None

2010/2011 - Dartford - Blue Square South

My first season attempting this challenge and I was quietly confident that I could surprise my relegation battling prediction. I made a multitude of transfers before the season began, but my failure to actually sell anyone for any money meant I had to rely on free transfers. I got rid of a lot of the original squad and the majority of those who stayed spent the season in the reserves.

Media Prediction of 17th

Transfers 1

Transfers 2

Final Table

League Graph

As you can see from the graph the season began pretty well with the team in and around the playoff position, however it would have been higher if my away form had been anything like my home form. Unfortunately after such a promising start we got ourselves into a downward spiral of form, only getting the odd win here and there, which saw us slip to mid-table and then down into 18th place and perilously close to the relegation zone. In the new year we managed to pick ourselves up a little taking us back into the top half of the table, but after losing our remaining three games at the end of the season we managed to finish in a disappointing 17th place.

FA Cup

Had hoped for a really good cup run to get us some money in but we lost in the second qualifying round to Moseley, having scraped a draw in the first leg we got what we deserved.

FA Trophy

We did slightly better in the FA Trophy, in that we managed to get past the qualifying stage and the first round, before we lost to BSP side Chelmsford in stoppage time in the second round.

Team

Best Eleven

There were not many players that stood out a stars of the season although there were certainly a few that I was disappointed with. Our problem for much of the season came from not having a proper goalscorer in the side, and as such we wasted chances in matches and threw away the lead. Anyway these were our players of the season

Chris Blackburn - The fans player of the season, Chris was the rock in the defence and too often we relied on him when the other defenders went missing

Thomas France - My player of the season, playing the attacking role of the two central midfielders, should have topped the assist chart really if it hadn't had been for our poor strike rate

Danny Hockton - Our top scorer and about the only striker who had a respectable record in front of goal, probably could have got around 20 goals this season if it wasn't for injuries

Career Overview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square South          17th         -

Next Season

• Sort out squad
  • Better cup run
  • Challenge for playoffs

does anyone know why you can't retrain goalies to another position?

My back up goalie is unconvincing as a striker at the moment and i'm short of strikers so would consider putting him on as his physical attributes are good along with being my best penalty taker.

Smithers - Oxford City - Blue Square North - 2012/13

League prediction - 11th

League position - 2nd (won play-offs)

This season we excelled with tremendous promise. We were rampant in the league, scoring goals galore, and had some decent cup runs too. The signing of Gareth Evans was a master-stroke, and his partnership up-front with Kyle Wilson was integral to our success, leaving last year's star Pavol Suhaj on the subs' bench.

The play-off semi-finals produced two of the most extraordinary games I've ever had the pleasure of watching in my CM/FM experience. In the first leg, we seemed to be out of the running before we'd even started as we went down 3-0 inside only 19 minutes away to Histon, which included a ridiculously bizarre own-goal. Even when winger Brett Poate grabbed a goal back, a minute later we were 3 goals down again. But a goal either side of half-time from super-signing 17-year old Ron Franks, and midfielder Francis Quarm set us up for a feasible win in the home leg. Here, attacking from the off, we produced a spectacular first-half display to complete a fantastic comeback and earn a place in the final against Droylsaden, where Quarm again delivered the goods, as well as centre-back Jon Boardman, to give us our first ever promotion.

League Table

Changing Positions

FA Cup run - our best ever FA Cup run saw us reach the 1st round where we earned a respectable replay against League 2 leaders Yeovil.

FA Trophy run - again, much better than last season as we reached the 3rd round, only to go out against BSP team Stevenage.

Transfers - like last season, another great year of signings. Prolific striker Gareth Evans joined on a free transfer, and scored 24 goals in 41 games. Adam Mekki immediately established himself on the left-wing, and Francis Quarm proved to be exceptional in midfield, contributing both to defence and attack, with his 9 goals and 5 assists. Special praise must be given to 17-year old Ron Franks though, who joined on loan when Evans got injured, and turned out to be another excellent signing, as he grabbed a hat-trick on his debut, before scoring another 3, to notch up a brilliant 6 goals, in just 4 starts and 2 substitute appearances. He impressed so much that I signed him full-time after his loan finished.

Squad - defensively this season we were solid with our back four of Phil Anderson, Jon Boardman, John Scarborough and Andrew Thomas. Although we conceded a fair amount, we balanced it out by getting a few goals too, with Boardman (fans' player of the year) getting 5, and Scarborough scoring 3. In midfield, Luke Thurlbourne and Scott Hadland on the right-wing were our creative forces, but our main strength definitely lay in our attack. Kyle Wilson (nominated for player of the season) produced a formidable partnership with Evans, and although Pavol Suhaj was in great form too, he was left on the bench for the majority of the season. Our 3 main strikers score between them 64 goals, and this was the principal reason why we scored the most goals in the league.

Finances - grew somewhat out of control towards the end of the season, but all in all I was able to stay within the limits of the wage budget by releasing players on frees, or changing players' contracts.

Aims for next season:

- stay up

- get a decent parent club

- limit the amount of goals we're conceding whilst maintaining our attacking power

SuperRedditch - MARINE - 2010/2011 - Blue Square North

End of Season Review

The first season in is always a difficult one to predict, but feeling confident in my abilities, I signed 21 players, whilst showing 18 the door.

Transfers

Blue Square North

Final Table

League Graph

As you can see, I spent pretty much all the season top of the league, however, Tamworth went on a 8 game winning streak 2/3rds the way through, and pegged me back to 2 pts.

Cups

FA Cup Managed to get to the 1st round, which pleased the board and fans. Also netted me a bit of extra cash.

FA Trophy Got given a tough Away game at Altrincham that we really didn't have too much of a chance in.

Players

I didn't really have a out and out star player, or top scorer, but having a lot of players chip in with great performances.

Top Scorer

Loanee Strike Partner

Creative Full-Back

Captain and Defensive Rock and his Able Deputy

The basis for our success was an extremely strong back line, only in the last 15 games conceding the majority of our goals. The two Strikers did their bit though, but I never really found a consistent Centre Midfield partnership.

Aims for Next Season

Finish mid-table or higher

Get out of debt

Find a consistent 1st team

And an ex-Saint. :thup:

What happened to Solomon Shields though? :confused:

Well in my first season he was amazing, as the attacking centre-mid in my 4-1-3-2 formation. But I was conceding so many goals with that tactic that I switched to a 4-4-2 in my 2nd season, and with this tactic he just wasn't as successful, unfortunately, and so I swapped him with Ryan Jarvis, who turned out to do pretty well. This 3rd season I signed Francis Quarm for that position, and so with him and Jarvis ahead of him, Shields' only opportunity for games has been when other players have been injured. It's a pity, I might have to sell him soon.

Injuries have pretty much scuppered my chances of winning League 1. My tiny squad just can't cover and, with 3 games left, 3 points behind league leaders Crewe, I simply don't have the players to field a fully fit team. It doesn't help that all my youth prospects have been useless. But at least we are guaranteed the playoffs and are 4 points clear of 3rd place... and both our strikers are fit, which is enough!

And i'm playing Crewe next, which should be fun!

We hammered Crewe 3-0! A masterclass from Craig Rodger who grabbed 2 goals. Not bad considering it was a mostly second-string side. Now we're level on points and GD for 1st place with 2 games remaining.

Drew 2-2 with Doncaster, which means we are now 2 points behind 1st placed Crewe. But on the other hand that point has sealed 2nd place and automatic promotion for us. So King's Lynn will be playing Championship football next season!

Wow I am really struggling with Durham, I guess I can't attract high calibre players on a wage budget of 2k :( despite signing a few good players the results are just not falling my way, after 10 games we sit 16th on 10 points, and I've just linked with the Alfreton job, play up Durham!

Good luck Gypsum!

Haven't started amazingly to the BSP to be honest, three 0-0 draws (vs. Barrow, Histon and York) followed by a 2-0 loss to Stevenage.

My strikers can't score, Keatings was amazing last season, added a few players to the squad as well. I'll do an update for the first season later on.

Season 2018/19 Review - Kingstonian in the Coca-Cola Championship

League Table

Past Positions

Switched from my 4-5-1 to a counter-attacking 4-4-2 to get new signing Lascaux into the line-up. We seem have to remained a tough side to break down, as evident by having the second best defensive record behind Coventry, but the offensive play left a bit to be desired. We still hovered around the last playoff spot for most of the season and after a spell of late-season wins managed to climb up to 5th with 2 games to go. A poor finish with 2 losses would however prove too weak and only good for 7th behind Bristol City on goal difference.

FA Cup | League Cup

Not a spectacular cup season; we did well until drawing the Premiership teams.

Squad

A lack of proper provision from the new 4-4-2's defensive wingers left Pinto and Lascaux with few clear-cut chances to score, so ~20 goals a piece is something I'm quite happy with. I seriously doubt a lone striker would've closed in on 40 against this opposition, so considering the new tactic has kept our defence together and allowed 2 up front I'm quite satisfied. The highlight is otherwise Roddy Wilson, a young scotsman I bought for way too much money hoping he'll develop into the Premiership defender my scout claims he can. The assistant doesn't quite agree, so we'll see. He did well this season with the highest average rating of the regular CB's.

Transfers

Strengthening all around. Also had to let go of a bunch of central midfielders in January as they were on way too expensive contracts for the playtime they shared now that we're down to 2 guys in central midfield. Vialle probably stands out from the rest in that he never featured in a single game—and was never meant to. Lascaux had problems adjusting to the English lifestyle and I simply needed a fellow frenchman to help him settle in.

Finances

The big problem area this season. A balance of ~£2.5M has turned into ~£650K over the course of one season, a trend we certainly can't afford to continue. My £800K transfer spending certainly contributed, but that still leaves a million in losses. Predictably a 4500 capacity (1100 seated) stadium can't really support Championship wages, and the board refuses upgrades as we don't own the stadium. It looks like I might have to stick to free transfers next season and pray for a good cup run to stay in the black...

Aim for next season: Playoff spot, get the finances sorted.

Season     Team           League                  Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       4th       -
2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       1st       Champions, Promotion
2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       FA Trophy winners
2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       Promotion through playoffs
2014/15    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      8th       -
2015/16    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      2nd       Promotion
2016/17    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      5th       -
2017/18    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      2nd       Promotion
2018/19    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola Championship  7th       -

As it stands in my final game i'm beating Gillingham 2-0 while Crewe are losing to relegation battlers Swindon 1-0. If it stays like this we win the league!

I'm 62 minutes in now...

75 minutes; Rodger nets his second to send us 3-0 up. Crewe are still losing.

FULL TIME; Swindon beat Crewe 1-0 as we win 3-0. King's Lynn are champions of League 1!

G. Keenan's FC United- 2013/2014 Season Review- Blue Square Premier

Season Review: My 2nd season in the BNP was similar to last season in the fact that we started well again winning four of our first five games, but instead of falling off as we did last season, we were able to push on and claim a playoff position by finishing 3rd. In the playoffs we drew Dagenham & Redbridge in the semis and drew the first leg 0-0, being the away leg I wasn't too disappointed with this result. In the home leg we smashed them 3-1 to progress to the playoff final. In the final we drew Mansfield and won, 3-2, in front of 38,819 at Wembley.

League Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Career Overview

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs

Congrats Gypsum! :thup:

Thanks. Looks like you're doing a good job with Kingstonian. I'm worried about the Championship. I think our progress has been a bit too quick and I doubt we'll have the finances or squad to do anything special. The step up may give us a bit of a struggle.

My scout has reported a 39 year-old David Beckham available on a free, and willing to sign for just £1,000 a week! He can't run, but his technical stats are superb. It'd be great to get him!

Brilliance from Rodger there Gypsum :D

He's awesome! His form in the past 4 years have earned him a contract for life!

How come i couldnt get Craig McShea,Gallacher and Adam Hunter to join me as FC United ?

I offered max wages to them .

sometimes its just luck, also fc utd have a pretty low reputation which counts for a lot.

I had no trouble signing them all for merthyr at the start of the first season

Well in my first season he was amazing, as the attacking centre-mid in my 4-1-3-2 formation. But I was conceding so many goals with that tactic that I switched to a 4-4-2 in my 2nd season, and with this tactic he just wasn't as successful, unfortunately, and so I swapped him with Ryan Jarvis, who turned out to do pretty well. This 3rd season I signed Francis Quarm for that position, and so with him and Jarvis ahead of him, Shields' only opportunity for games has been when other players have been injured. It's a pity, I might have to sell him soon.
Having said that, I just played the GH Academy and won 7-2, with Shields coming off the bench to score 2 cracking goals, so anything could happen. Another 'problem' highlighted by that match, is my strikers. They're just too good to leave out. Apart from Super Kyle, Super Gareth and Super Pavol, I've just signed 3 more. One of them (on loan from my parent club) got a debut hat-trick against the Academy, the other is easily on par with Wilson and Evans, and the last one is 17-year old sensation Ron Franks, who I can largely thank for promotion last season.

Currently considering a 3-1-6 formation.

Nuneaton are massively overated by SI, i mean come on 1700 rep, when they get promoted they're media prediction is 4th, totally unrealistic as they were never a force when they were in the BSN, and i would since i am Blyth Spartans fan who are in the BSN!

I understand what you are saying with SI making rep totally unbelievable but i have supported the Boro all my life and we have got a good reputation from our blue square premier days but what i dont see is why the rep in fm 08 when we where in the blue square north is 1500 and in fm 10 it is larger even though we are in a lower league

oh and also you cant sayu we werent a force in the blue square north when we were two points away from the playoffs

Geez... I had £4M offer for Lascaux accepted, but he obviously had to go and turn down their contract. Now he wants to move to a bigger club but no one wants him, so I'm stuck with both him and the replacement I'd already signed as I assumed the deal would go through. :mad:

Welsh Wizard - Carshalton - Blue Square Premier - 2011/12 - Season 2

Table | Past Positions Graph | Player Stats

Predicted: 22th

Finished: 4th (play-off winners)

After a slow start to the season I was getting ready for the relegation battle but things picked up and we held at mid table for abit before a late surge up the table which was helped with the return of some key players from injury.

Play-offs

Semi

Leg 1

Leg 2

Final

FA Cup - Lost in 4th round Qual vs Salisbury

FA Trophy - Lost in 1st round vs Gateshead

Not so well in the cups :(

Team Stats

Team General

Transfers - Some are show on last years which I said.

Finances

Key Players

Zoltan Harsanyi - Great season I hope it will continue in L2

Daniel Jones - With his speed he was a constant threat down the left which give him a few goals and a load of assist.

Inigo Idiakez - Getting on abit but he still has great technical ability :D

Targets

Decent cup run to ease debt

Improve squad and get rid of dead wood

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 1st                       Promotion
2011/12       BSP                 4th                       Play-off Winners

Archived