dafuge's FM10 challenge

I seem to have lost any FM skill I ever had. Despite all the threads saying how easy this years version is and having years of experience with this challenge I just can't get it right. I thought I had found the right tactic with a narrow 4-4-2 diamond however that just least to us dominating teams but ending up with stats of 15 shots, 1 on target. Ithen was embarrasingly knocked out of the FA Cup by an unplayable team and am rooted into the relegation zone for my 2nd consecutive save. I have never struggled this badly with FM

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just play a flat 4-4-2 with basic roles and team settings to fit the players I have and the philosophy I have in mind. Seems to work pretty well most of the time, and it's quite easy to change during the games with touchline shouts.

I've done the same and I am conceding less but I'malso struggling for goals. My strikers look good enough on paper but my shots on target figure is woeful in every game, we are lucky to get 2 on target out of 10 shots. I've turned everyone down to rare long shots so it's not that they are hitting them from to far out.

Almost to the point of giving up now. Just dominated 20th placed Salisbury as we looked to escape the relegation zone but managed only 2 shots on target out of 14 and went down 1-0. I have quality strikers to in Fitzharris, Keatings and the like who have done brilliantly for others but can'thit a barn door when playing for me.

Cambridge City 15/16

Table

Graph

Season Review: What a season, won the first game and was first and never lost it as you can see from the graph, I did not lose a game until January, I won the Paint Trophy for I think the first time ever in any FM, I always seem to lose there. I got new training/youth facilities and more stadium seating. Nothing could of gone better other than the FA Cup really.

However once the season was over things took a turn, the board decided we needed to take out a massive loan for 800 more seats when we did not max the stadium out more than twice I think. Not sure whats going to happen with that, I wish we could of saved it for transfers and wages, through resigning people we are already $300k over budget.

FA Cup

Paint Trophy

Carling Cup

Cup Review: I won the Paint Trophy, had two bad losses in the others, I need more cup money next season to pay back the loan though for sure.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Players:

Fitzharris - Striker: I lost three strikers at the start of the season, so outcomes old faithful and he really delivers, I don't know yet if he can get it done in L1, my assistant and scouts don't think hes worth much anymore but what do they know. Here is his bio also, I really love this feature.

Kelly - DR: Hes been here a couple seasons so I figure its time to highlight him, not much to say other than hes been solid.

Morrison - AMr: He was fairly good all season, had a couple short injuries but nothing to major. I don't see him going anywhere unless I need the transfer money, hes been linked to a couple 100k deals.

Potter - Mid: After Folly left I brought him in, he was decent but I am still looking for a star.

Saric - AMc/Striker: I have no idea what to do with this guy, when he plays he scores or gets a minor injury 7mins in, I just can decide what to do, leaning towards selling him. (As I was writing this and advancing the off season he demanded transfer, guess that clears that up)

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 1st                           Promotion
2011/12       BSP                 13th				
2012/13       BSP                 1st                     Promotion/FA T Winner
2013/14       L2                  13th                      4th Round FA Cup
2014/15       L2                  4th            Simifinal Playoffs/ 4th Round FA Cup
2015/16       L2                  1st                  Promotion/Paint Trophy Winners

Next Season: Try and get a straigt promotion to the championship for the finical gain alone. I foresee the club losing money every month so I am going to focus on getting at least a playoff spot. We have beaten L1/Championship sides already so I don't think it will be impossible.

Well that could be it for me and FM for a while. No matter what I do goals just aren't coming. It hasn't just been Billericay either, I started a save with Arsenal to see if it was just the poor quality of my players but I'm not seeing goals their either. Maybe I just haven't been able to keep up with the new tactics system like I thought I had.

Congrats on a great season Cerneo.

Question: Does anyone strictly use the opposition settings thing each game? Im experimenting and it seems that when i set instructions on to that player, that player seems to play really well... it sort of like has an adverse affect on my team.

Also, It's so frustrating seeing these guys play and hoof it out to touch when there are so many better options available.

Congrats on a great season Cerneo.

Question: Does anyone strictly use the opposition settings thing each game? Im experimenting and it seems that when i set instructions on to that player, that player seems to play really well... it sort of like has an adverse affect on my team.

Also, It's so frustrating seeing these guys play and hoof it out to touch when there are so many better options available.

I don't even use the settings, unless I reeeeally care about the game, most of the time I just leave it up to the sim, I think the shouts are far better now anyway.

And we just lost Morrison, 700k deal Chairman went over my head without even letting me click accept, that offer was waaaay to good to pass up for sure.

Has anyone figured out how to reply when the media ask if you will change your tactics due to your new signing? I have tried all but the most negative one and they all seem to upset the new player...Going to just start no commenting it I guess.

Started this last night. An hour of reloading still didn't get Hemel or Truro, so apologies for those that wanted truro i don't have a save for that.

I do however have a save for FC United, i remember reading through this and someone asking for it. (if anyone does want FC United the you'll also have to tell me how to upload the save, in step by step instructions)

Anyway will upload the screenshots tonight, but so far here's the tale http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8379/fm2010managerprofilesta.jpg

Team: King's Lynn

Division Blue Square North (think it should have been Blue Sq South, so that might be one for the bugs)

Started with no staff, except a physio. Had to hire a couple of coaches, 2 scouts and an assistant manager. Squad is paper thin, can't get anyone on loan. Signed a 39yr old striker because he was the only player i could find with a finishing above 10.

Only done the preseason so far and it's been a bit up and down. Started with a very creditable 0-0 at home to Cambridge United. Playing a 4-2-3-1, started off with the 2 as DM's but the pushed them up to CM's as we had very little going forward. Lost the next friendly 2-1, playing very poorly. But then had a cracking 5-1 win against a team (will edit the names in tonight) the match preview predicted us to draw or lose against. Came crashing down to earth with a 5-1 defeat against Norwich. We were 2 nil down after 5 minutes, so i'm actually encourage that we only condeded a further 3 in the remaining 85 minutes, and scored a nice one of our own.

I've taken a few players on trial and went to sign one, but the news got leaked and he signed for Salisbury. I'm pretty well covered in defence and in goal so i think i'll be able to keep it tight at the back, just going forward i need to decide on the best way to play. Not looking for promotion straight away a playoff finish or just outside will be nice, media prediction is 22nd.

Does anyone know at what point I should be worried about my finances???

I am over £350k in the red, and losing money steadily at £20k a month, despite being comfortably under my wage budget!

Is it possible that I may suddenly be forced into administration?

i went into administration playing in N.Ireland on FM09, think i was just over a million in the red, i think it depends on the rep of the club though.

Has anyone figured out how to reply when the media ask if you will change your tactics due to your new signing? I have tried all but the most negative one and they all seem to upset the new player...Going to just start no commenting it I guess.

I've found all media responses seem to upset players, especially injury ones

My young winger Scott, a regen I started with in my first season as Merthyr, is now a good player for most premier division sides according to my jpa/jca 14 ass man. :eek:

He might be a bit crazy my old ass man, but still, Scott is pretty good, by far my best player

I'm in BSP by the way

Scott

Signed a decent striker aswell, Duffy

My young winger Scott, a regen I started with in my first season as Merthyr, is now a good player for most premier division sides according to my jpa/jca 14 ass man. :eek:

He might be a bit crazy my old ass man, but still, Scott is pretty good, by far my best player

I'm in BSP by the way

Scott

Scott looks very, very, very good for non-league, he's probably not premiership standard, but probably will be once he's developed :thup: He's got fantastic attributes for his young age, his physicals are amazing for 18 really :eek:

Scott looks very, very, very good for non-league, he's probably not premiership standard, but probably will be once he's developed :thup: He's got fantastic attributes for his young age, his physicals are amazing for 18 really :eek:

He has developed amazingly within the last two seasons, The first two seasons hed played every game except 1. All his physical stats have increased with +3 since he turned 17 :)

i played as merthyr last year and in the first 2 seasons had 3 youth players who started at L1 standard and went on to play in the prem (although not with me) but unfortunately they turned out to be my best youth players over the 20 seasons i played.

Merthyr start with great facilities, shame all the youth players i've started with this year are 1 star at best

i played as merthyr last year and in the first 2 seasons had 3 youth players who started at L1 standard and went on to play in the prem (although not with me) but unfortunately they turned out to be my best youth players over the 20 seasons i played.

Merthyr start with great facilities, shame all the youth players i've started with this year are 1 star at best

Yeah, haven't gotten a single half decent youngster, but I still hold my breath at the start of every new season :)

I never seem to get more than 1 in 3 for my strikers, they always start off well, but then they get into the good old 1200 minutes without a goal routine :rolleyes:

i'm only halfway through the first season and fitzharris doesn't look as good on my save only has 9 finishing but has 10 anticipation and 11 heading and is worth nearly twice as much

I'm in BSP by the way

Scott

Damn! He's awesome! When I was Merthyr I had a couple of players early on who were decent through to the Championship, but nobody anywhere near that good until I had the full academy. Good luck keeping hold of him!

Damn! He's awesome! When I was Merthyr I had a couple of players early on who were decent through to the Championship, but nobody anywhere near that good until I had the full academy. Good luck keeping hold of him!

The vultures are circling already.... Just had an offer of 250k from Huddersfield but I rejected it, 700k in the red now, so can't keep hold of him forever :(

The vultures are circling already.... Just had an offer of 250k from Huddersfield but I rejected it, 700k in the red now, so can't keep hold of him forever :(

Ah well, he should be good enough to set you up financially. Get a load of future clauses in there!

I just had a nice in-game birthday present with a 5-0 win away to Rotherham. We're top of the league for the new year and League 2 seems much easier than the BSP. Especially considering I wasn't too pleased with my pre-season signings. But we're tearing some teams apart.

And my striking sensation Craig Rodger just keeps on scoring. He's got 19 goals in 25 appearances this season, to add to his 27 goals in the BSN and 33 in the BSP. He has still never been injured in his career and for some reason no clubs are interested in him. He's also a fan favourite, loves the club and seems to play even better in the big games... I think he's the perfect player!

Carshalton 2011/2012 Blue Square Premier [season 2]

League Table

Predicted: 22nd

Finish: 4th :)

We got off to a great start in the League with 4 games and a draw in our opening fixtures, including a thumping 6-1 victory over Hinckley. My confidence was high and I thought we may be battling it out at the top... however our form quickly turned and we an awful side when playing away, it was our superb home form that got us into the playoffs. We lost only 3 games and home and scored more than anyone else, our away form saw us win only 8 of our games, this is something we'll have to improve I'd of thought. We went up after defeating Barnet in the playoff final at Wembley.

In the cups we had a great run in the FA Trophy, getting through to the semi and we managed to get through the away leg against Macclesfield 0-0, I thought with our home form the home game would be a formality... we lost 2-1 :mad:. We were our in the 1st round of the FA Cup when we came up against Stockport away.

Squad stats

Key men:

Vincent Fernandez

Absolute rock at the back, not sure if he'll cut it at the next level.

George O'Callaghan

Bit old, but he was superb from MC or AMC, contributing goals and assists.

Craig McShea

He and O'Callaghan were key men, they were both injured for 2 months in the same game and we really missed them, our form took a big slump.

Michael Hall

Someone my scouts recommended half way through the season, and he has been outstanding. Essential to my team when playing beside him were 2 aging midfielders, he really put the work in. Will probably make him captain next season.

Ruben Zadkovich

Expected more, but an excellent utility man nonetheless.

I've already signed 2 strikers next season who I'm really excited about, both recommended by my scouts - James Collins, and Nikola Saric. I also have my eye on a Croation striker Niko Maricic who imo would be an absolute star in League Two, unfortunately he's not interested in signing!

Ok, ty for reading and GL with your games.

He is I must say, training him for AMC aswell. He is my number 10 atm, and doing that great with 7 assists in de last 4 games

Great natural fitness as well, so should be fine for the all important end to the season. Reckon he'd make it in the BSP and possible league 2 as well. You'll do well to hang on to him

Archived