dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else experienced a great amount of serious injuries?

This is my u18 squad with injury status. 2 x Broken arm, broken leg, broken ankle + 1 broken foot in main squad.

I have barely had any injuries. None serious. My star striker who has played 109 league games for me from the BSN to League 2 hasn't suffered a single injury in his career! Maybe i'm not working them hard enough!

Just about to start my first play-off semi-final leg against Hinckley; I feel sick :(

I beat them home and away in the league so I should be fine, although both wins were the results of ridiculousdly lucky injury time winners.

- Yes! Got a penalty on 21 mins! Suhaj scores!

- 2-0!!!!!!

- 2-0 at half-time, looking good.

- Oh no, 2-1, 10 minutes to go

- We Won!!!

Good to finally see the stadium maxed out for a change.

Kings Lynn - Blue Square North - 2010/2011

Predicted: 16th

Finished: 2nd

Coming in to Season 1 it was quite a daunting prospect, ambitions were for a top half finish with an outside stab at the Play Offs if we managed to get on a bit of a role.

The season started with defeat at home to Boston Utd and a pretty poor performance all round, 8 debuts could have had an effect but expected a bit more.

Got our 1st win in the next game and then we really kicked on, the team gelled quickly and we went on a great run of only 3 defeats in the next 15 games which catapulted us up to the top echelons, and after 19 Games we were top of the league and playing some cracking stuff.

Unfortunately, it seemed as if my team had enjoyed the Christmas spirit just a little to much and a horrendous run from 26th Dec to 29th January saw us win only one game and draw 6 leading to a crash down the league table all the way to 5th Place and 7 pts behind the leaders Braintree.

The slump was ended with a 3 -1 away win at Alfreton and thankfully the team woke up and realised they had promotion to fight for, from that point on the team had 14 Games remaining and all to play for.

What happened next was nothing short of remarkable,

In the last 14 games the team had a record of P14 W11 D1 L2

This ensured we came 2nd in the league and ended 4 pts behind Braintree who after taking over from us in top spot in January never let it slip till the end and were probably worthy champions.

And so to the Playoffs :D

I dont think i have ever had such a rollercoaster ride in any 2 legged event before

Playoff Leg One

Lost 2 -0 Away in the first leg, Team didnt turn up at all and were well beaten,

Then 2nd Leg this Happened,

Playoff Leg Two

1 - 0 Down at half time, making it 3 - 0 down on aggregate, team werent playing and looked awful, gave them a rollicking and a change of tactics and sent them out to turn it around, or at least get some pride back.

4 Goals in 14 2nd half minutes turned the tie on its head and i was again thinking of promotion and the final, but disaster, a goal on the break against and so to extra time.

Where Adam Tong came up eith an Immense header to send us through and cap one of the best comebacks i have ever witnessed from a team i have managed :cool:

Playoff Final

PROMOTION!!!!!!!

Won the final 1 - 0 in a fairly uneventful game, BSP here we come

Star Players

Valentin Milenov - Midfield Meastro and my Playmaker, Goals and Assists galore, felt like i had Glenn hoddle in midfield at times - Won BSN Player of the Season

Adam Tong - A Rock at the back, and popped up with a fair few importnat goals aswell

James Keatings - A little erratic and took a long while to get going but was the teams top scorer

League Table

Transfers

Squad

Kingstonian (2011/2012)

Blue Square South Prediction - 12

Blue Square South Position - 1

Table

Graph

Summary

Started out really really bad. Our first game of the season we lost 5-0 :O we picked it up after some tuning of tactics and

players starting to get a grip after the off season. Although we didnt get far in any of the cup we could suddenly see us at the top at the table

after just 10 games of the season.

We stayed there all season long and our promotion to Blue Square Premier was secured :)

Id like to think that the main reason behind this was i started playing with an away tactic and a home tactic.

But i know that by changing my GK i helped the squad alot. I really have big doubts in trusting the assistant manager and scouts

now because i scoutet another GK but everytime i was tolded that the GK i had was much better.

When i finally signed a "much worse" GK and played him regular suddenly my ass man thought he was twice the player of my other GK !

Maybee a bug? im done listening to scouts/assmen

Squad

McAusland Marvouless! the top goalscorer of the league! so important in this league to have a +25 goal player!

Hanley A massive signing for the team. He came in from league one team Brentford!

Arnison My Captain! great season from him, but it might be his last!

Hansen Still waiting for him to shine

Transfers released alot to make room in the wage budget :)

Goals for the upcoming season:

Establishment in the Blue Square Premier. Hopefully i can concentrate on the FA Cup this year, and keep clear

of relegation. I will however make some changes in my team, i think thats needed.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     20010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     20011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions

Kingstonian (2011/2012)

Blue Square South Prediction - 12

Blue Square South Position - 1

Table

Graph

Summary

Started out really really bad. Our first game of the season we lost 5-0 :O we picked it up after some tuning of tactics and

players starting to get a grip after the off season. Although we didnt get far in any of the cup we could suddenly see us at the top at the table

after just 10 games of the season.

We stayed there all season long and our promotion to Blue Square Premier was secured :)

Id like to think that the main reason behind this was i started playing with an away tactic and a home tactic.

But i know that by changing my GK i helped the squad alot. I really have big doubts in trusting the assistant manager and scouts

now because i scoutet another GK but everytime i was tolded that the GK i had was much better.

When i finally signed a "much worse" GK and played him regular suddenly my ass man thought he was twice the player of my other GK !

Maybee a bug? im done listening to scouts/assmen

Squad

McAusland Marvouless! the top goalscorer of the league! so important in this league to have a +25 goal player!

Hanley A massive signing for the team. He came in from league one team Brentford!

Arnison My Captain! great season from him, but it might be his last!

Hansen Still waiting for him to shine

Transfers released alot to make room in the wage budget :)

Goals for the upcoming season:

Establishment in the Blue Square Premier. Hopefully i can concentrate on the FA Cup this year, and keep clear

of relegation. I will however make some changes in my team, i think thats needed.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     20010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     20011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions

Where do you get the above acheivements post from in the game? ie the one thats says league/season acheivements etc

Cant find a win now =/ Things are looking bad as i come out of the xmas fixtures.

Sitting in mid-table so hopefully i can stay there and focus on storming the league next season.

My error was buying too many slow (but quality) defenders.

Despite not being able to send my scouts further abroad than the UK and France, I have just been able to scout two Hungarian players playing for Debrecen. They were recommended to me in a backroom meeting to stop a current Hungarian player being unsettled and it gave me buttons to have them scouted. Which is nice! One is too expensive, but the other is cheap, considered League 1 standard and plays left back which is my problem area.

It went down to the last game vs Eastbourne who are top by 3 points but my team Carshalton had way better goal difference so a win of any type would secure the top spot and a place in BSP next season.

Well.... as many of you know Keatings does score vital goals, he has for me. He scored a hattrick to help us win 3-0 and send us up as Championson a shocking final day and a great season. :)

Will do update sometime tommorow.

Does anyone know at what point I should be worried about my finances???

I am over £350k in the red, and losing money steadily at £20k a month, despite being comfortably under my wage budget!

Is it possible that I may suddenly be forced into administration?

This is why I love this game so much! Playing BSP Mansfield in the Quarter Final of the FA Trophy. They are 2nd in the BSP so we are up against it.

We played ok but they snatched a late goal to lead 1-0 after 85 minutes. 90 minutes comes and the board goes up, 3 minutes. My striker goes down injured on 92:57 and they cart him off. The game carries on and we get a free kick 40 yards out on the right. 94:50 now, surely full time? Scott Brown floats it over and my centre back Tom Scott rises to loop a header over the keeper and into the top corner! This one's going to a replay!

Not that this result matters at all, I just love games like this! :D

Does anyone know at what point I should be worried about my finances???

I am over £350k in the red, and losing money steadily at £20k a month, despite being comfortably under my wage budget!

Is it possible that I may suddenly be forced into administration?

I'm 650k in red starting my third season, now in BSP, but still losing money left and right despite a very modest wage budget.

On 09 doing this challenge i went into administration with Leigh Genesis when I had around 1.5 million in beautiful red numbers, got the point deduction and all. Was living large at the time with 18k a week in wages in league 2, was cut to 6k quickly with the persons doing the administration selling my talents for any offer received. :o

Anyone else stuggling to sell players in the BSP for actual money?

I'm trying to sell several players who won't sign new contracts before the Irish and Welsh teams poach them for free, but even the ones worth £20K-£50K are only recieving bids of £0 plus a 20%-50% sell on clause from League One and League Two teams :(

I've sold a couple of players (who were not that great) for £40k and £150k, both to Welsh clubs.

Enjoying one of my best seasons ever in FM, unbeaten in the league and just suffered my first loss of the season in the FA Cup 3rd round, went down in flames 5-2 to a championship side.

Everything is clicking and I have picked up some solid players and a couple good ones on loan, been dealing with a lot of injuries, but looks like my squad is all healthy now after the break.

Oh come on...ofcourse I just lost my first game of the season 5min after posting this....

Don't you just love , when the opposing teams defender gives a ****** backpass to the goalkeeper , who gives the ball to your striker , who scores into an empty net :) ?

I'd just love to have a striker who could score into an empty net :(

I've sold a couple of players (who were not that great) for £40k and £150k, both to Welsh clubs.

I managed to sell my right back to a Welsh team for £40K, after he wouldn't sign a new contract even when I met his demands, bar the signing on fee :(

The problem I have now being in Jan is that I need to offer the players out without the Welsh teams becoming interested as they'll just poach the player on a bosman, leaving me paying thier wages until the end of the season.

Pre Season - Kendal Town

Just a quick update.

Pre Season with Kendal Town is going quite well, i have stupidly/excitedly, bought too many strikers though, and can't get rid of the rubbish that i started with.

However in amongst my signings are some very decent signings.

And the legendary tesfaye bramble has joined us (He has been immense for me in FM09) Lets hope he can reproduce last years form!

Season 2010/11 Review - Ashton United in the Blue Square North

The media prediction was 22nd. After the experience of managing in the lower league I knew we would be up in the top half but as a safety net I set the board expectation as "Avoid relegation".

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

We pretty much bounced around mid table for the whole of the season. We was never far from being off the play-offs but could never get a run of wins together to make an impact in the top half. Most of the top half seemed determined to trip up in places and so there was a lot of movement in positions.

Competitions

FA Cup - We went out in the 2nd Qualifying round. We played Vauxhall who we've drawn both games in the league but lost 2-0 in the cup. Weren't too bothered at that stage as i want to do well in the league.

FA Trophy - I beat Stafford in the qualifying round after a replay and then the 1st round went to a replay which i lost 1-0 to Hinckley at home.

Transfers

I went on a squad revamp through out the season bringing in 16+ players (although 2 were for coaching purposes) and 3 or 4 going out. It probably didn't help the team at the start of the season but next season shouldn't have as much of a turnover so the squad should be ready to go from the start.

Squad

No really exceptional players in the squad but everyone was consistent. It pretty much reflected our league position

Star Player

Even though i upset him in the press conference when signing him. Robert Marsh-Evans was my best players, only had one truly bad game this season but a rock in the defence so to speak.

Finance

Had a massive 21 season ticket holders this year! Going into games there were news storys saying the chairman was expecting a low turnout (sub 200). My average weekly wages totalled just over 3k which is about £500 under my recommend budget.

Overall finance went from 30K down to - 180k. Can't really do much about that apart from my chairman wants out and the media are reporting an internal takeover that close to completing and collapsing at the same time!

Targets for next season:

- Improve the squad up (mainly someone up front to bang them in!)

- Play-off spot at worse case

- Improve my finances

Career Overview

Season      League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11     Blue Square North     10th              

Wow I just got really lucky, Stuart Holden, who is my favorite player (Plays for the Houston Dynamo in the mls) had been sitting in the Burnley reserves since the start of the game, I have been barraging them with loan offers and they would never accept them, so I started sending them transfer request and they out of the blue accepted one of them...Sadly hes been sitting so long hes not all that great any more, but who cares I got him!

First pre season friendly against Carlisle.

And Kendal are up 1-0!

WOW

Chuffed

Lost

2-3 But to Carlisle who are in League 1.

We matched them everywhere in the park with their finishing being a little bit more clinical.

Great first match!

Lets hope we can continue the impressive performances.

24 games into my first season and ive just slipped into the third relegation spot.

Seriously need to pick up a few wins now... come on Keatings!!! Roughly back to a fully fit first team now too so hopefully things can pick up.

Bradford Park Avenue - Season Review 2010/11

League Table

I was expected to battle bravely against relegation so I was pretty happy to finish in 14th place, far too many draws for my liking, often throwing away the lead in the latter stages of games. Cup competitions were also pretty disappointing, after getting a pretty simple run in the FA Cup, picking up home times against lower level teams we crashed out in the final qualifying round to Ossett Town who went on to play Bury at home in the first round. We didn't do much better in the FA Trophy either as another low level club Market Drayton dumped us out in the 1st Round.

Squad

Managed to bring in a couple of good players, most notable the young pair of Phillip Appiah and Luka Senicanin who have quite a bit of potential, expecting a major overhaul of the playing staff for 2011/12 as I still retained a lot of the original playing staff who were simply not good enough.

Next seasons aims

Really need to inject the side with quality and release the deadwood still in the squad, with the right players onboard a push towards the playoffs is very much the task.

Archived