dafuge's FM10 challenge

I ony prefer to write detailed reports when something noteworthy has happened, but this year little much happene

DanGLiverpool Carshalton 2012/13 BSP Review - 20th Place

So, the board asked me to attempt to avoid relegation, and I told them that I would avoid relegation, which, although I finished 1 spot off the relegation areas, I was 11 points clear, and only ended up 20th due to my hard run in at the end, involving the top three, whom I took a point off Aldershot, who didn't get anywhere in the end, losing in the playoffs.

League: http://i34.tinypic.com/51zmh1.jpg

Squad: http://i34.tinypic.com/dlj7o0.jpg

Information Page: http://i34.tinypic.com/dlj7o0.jpg

Best youth prospect of this year, Rick Plummer, of Namibian nationality: http://i38.tinypic.com/30k7g5f.jpg

Not sure why Liam Harwood made himself a favourite this year, he is a backup centre back and not that good, it is just that he has been here a while. Oh well.

Board told me to attempt to avoid relegation this year, upped it to avoid relegation once again.(no wage difference between avoid relegation and win the league, so I picked the lowest one to err on the safe side :thup:) Got Lauren Robert and Guillem Bauza coming in in July, hopefully to add some much needed improvements to the attack. Don't need to do an awful lot to the defence, seeing as well conceded the 5th least goals in the entire league, at 48, so if we get the attack right, I could get into the playoffs this year.

Allowed to pick a feeder club, so picked Truro, in the hope that my loanees can get them promoted, then I can provide the save for people to use, albeit a few years in.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hendon start with a Bulgarian coach so they come up in searches I do, that little bit of knowledge he gives helps a great deal in showing these players up, otherwise you'd have to go through each Bulgarian team & find them that way. Have signed 5 Bulgarians so far & can't see myself signing anymore this season as those who are interested in signing for Hendon haven't shown me much when they came on trial, will also try & a Scandanavian coach in next season so I can start to find some youngsters from that part of Europe also.

Just got Hendon as a feeder club, bit of a goldmine for scouting knowledge.

Bontcho is a bit of a challenge legend from FM06 :cool:

Dafuge i see you play Fairley in the BSP.. Maybee thats the reasons you loose some of your games ;)

I have Fairley as well in the BSS.. and i think his terrible! he played the whole first season and the first half of the season im playing now untill i stopped the madness and brought in another GK. Although my ass man tells me Fairley is better i have given up on him, he makes a lot of stupid moves!

Dafuge i see you play Fairley in the BSP.. Maybee thats the reasons you loose some of your games ;)

I have Fairley as well in the BSS.. and i think his terrible! he played the whole first season and the first half of the season im playing now untill i stopped the madness and brought in another GK. Although my ass man tells me Fairley is better i have given up on him, he makes a lot of stupid moves!

Same here. He looked like a great signing but he lost his place in the team this season.

On my way to my third victory in a row now :D

2-0 at HT to Burgess Hill in the FA Cup. Squad is looking good and my star defender has just come back from injury... fingers crossed we can keep some clean sheets now.

Sitting in 7th at 7 games too - 4 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats.

James Keatings is picking up form too which is good to see.

My only major concern now is finances... i seem to be LEAKING money!!!

It's soooo much easier searching for players now that i just realised you can set a filter AND change the view to show their stats... my oh my, i was clicking on each player and checking them out and rinse, repeat for practically everyone!

Going to save me so much time now.

Wow I've just gone from being £67k in debt to having £545k after playing against Chelsea in the FA Cup, we got hammered 6-0 though! Another bonus is we just won the 1st leg of the semi final of the Johnstones Paint Trophy against Millwall 3-1, hopefully we don't crumble in the 2nd leg at there place, does the final get played at Wembley?

Season 2011/2012 - FC United of Manchester - Blue Square Premier

League Table

Past Positions

What an incredible season. Started off truly terribly but from then on we climbed our way up the table, in the play off fight for much of the season, we lost our chance at champions around January time when we slumped slightly, but we brought the fight back and secured 2nd place, fantastic for just the second season at FC United, back-to-back promotion :)

FA Cup l FA Trophy

Disappointment in the FA Trophy really, managed to throw it away in the final. FA Cup was unlucky, but not too fussed about it really.

Squad 1 | Squad 2

I was very pleased with my squad, the main man from last season Craig McShea remained this season, still probably my top player scoring 26 goals this season. I feel he will probably still be capable at League 2 level, which pleases me. Sean Fitzharris was another who was great coming from last season, he only scored 14 goals but assisted 11, which was very good. Players who sort of fell out of favour this season from last were the likes of Sam Barnes, Dylan McGeouch and George Bowyer, I can see all three of those leaving after this season.

Transfers

I didnt make all that many changes really to my squad after last season, but the players I did bring in were fabulous. Ibrahim was simply an excellent signing, dominating the midfield all season long, and Callum Morris being a stalwart in defence. Alex Hough was a total waste of money it seems, but hopefully he will come up through the ranks in the season to come, otherwise we'll be saying goodbye to him.Got rid of alot more deadwood than I brought in, but a few transfers were brought in on the last few weeks of my BSN season, these players were some of the main ones this season, Santonocito was probably our best player, after star striker Craig McShea, turnign up performance after performance this year, delighted with that and should be capable of League 2 football next season.

Aims for next season : To stay up and hopefully establish ourselves as a fully capable League 2 team.

Also, just rejected job offers from Rushden and then Crewe! Ouch.

SEASON           TEAM            LEAGUE                     Achievements
2010/2011        FC United      Blue Square North       1st
2011/2012        FC United      Blue Square Premier     2nd - Play Off Winners

Code:

Season Team League Finished Achievements2010/11 Kingstonian Blue Square South 4th -2011/12 Kingstonian Blue Square South 1st Champions, Promotion2012/13 Kingstonian Blue Square Premier 3rd FA Trophy winners2013/14 Kingstonian Blue Square Premier 3rd Promotion through playoffs2014/15 Kingstonian Coca-Cola League 2 8th -

Dumb question im sure but where is this bit cut and pasted from? Damn it didnt show it in the way i meant it to. But i mean the achievements thingy wotsit, is the same format for everyone that posts it so i am sure it must be a standard page or something.

Anyone else noticed that 31-35 year old players are gaining a whole lot of stats in training? I have a couple still in my squad who were at the team when I took over, and in that time they've gained 2 or 3 points on most of their technical skills and on half of their mental skills. Obviously, physical stats have gone down...

I am still quite rubbish at lower leagues. I can't find anyone who will improve my squad and my team also are just incredibly rubbish even when we're favored over the opposition

Check out some of the First season reports on these forums and some of the players people have signed their are many many good players.

Also not sure if u have done LLM before but remember that a good players only needs to be in the 10's for his stats to be good, if u looking at stats in the Teens then he is gonna be outstanding

Best advice at LLM is keep it easy, don't go expecting to get world beaters but simply try to get defenders who can defend, midfielders with decent physical & passing attributes, then find strikers who have either alot of pace or very good finishing, if you can get a mix of both those stats they will get goals in the lower leagues.

Good luck indeed Scab !

Beat Braintree in The Fa Cup 4th qual round . Hopefully will get someone weak in the 1st round .

Got Corby in the 1st round , drew 2:2 away and beat then 1:0 in ET at home . Got Shrewsbury from the L1 in the 2nd round , drew with them 1:1 away . If i manage to beat them in the replay , i will play Bolton at home .

What is this insanity, we struggle to get results all season having more draws than anyone, then we calmly destroy first place (by 15 points) 2-0....

Doh or not, looks like they have had a major loss of form, last time I had looked they had a 15 point lead, now its down to 2...

Anyone else noticed that 31-35 year old players are gaining a whole lot of stats in training? I have a couple still in my squad who were at the team when I took over, and in that time they've gained 2 or 3 points on most of their technical skills and on half of their mental skills. Obviously, physical stats have gone down...
Very much so

Season 2011/2012 - FC United of Manchester - Blue Square Premier

League Table

Past Positions

What an incredible season. Started off truly terribly but from then on we climbed our way up the table, in the play off fight for much of the season, we lost our chance at champions around January time when we slumped slightly, but we brought the fight back and secured 2nd place, fantastic for just the second season at FC United, back-to-back promotion :)

FA Cup l FA Trophy

Disappointment in the FA Trophy really, managed to throw it away in the final. FA Cup was unlucky, but not too fussed about it really.

Squad 1 | Squad 2

I was very pleased with my squad, the main man from last season Craig McShea remained this season, still probably my top player scoring 26 goals this season. I feel he will probably still be capable at League 2 level, which pleases me. Sean Fitzharris was another who was great coming from last season, he only scored 14 goals but assisted 11, which was very good. Players who sort of fell out of favour this season from last were the likes of Sam Barnes, Dylan McGeouch and George Bowyer, I can see all three of those leaving after this season.

Transfers

I didnt make all that many changes really to my squad after last season, but the players I did bring in were fabulous. Ibrahim was simply an excellent signing, dominating the midfield all season long, and Callum Morris being a stalwart in defence. Alex Hough was a total waste of money it seems, but hopefully he will come up through the ranks in the season to come, otherwise we'll be saying goodbye to him.Got rid of alot more deadwood than I brought in, but a few transfers were brought in on the last few weeks of my BSN season, these players were some of the main ones this season, Santonocito was probably our best player, after star striker Craig McShea, turnign up performance after performance this year, delighted with that and should be capable of League 2 football next season.

Aims for next season : To stay up and hopefully establish ourselves as a fully capable League 2 team.

Also, just rejected job offers from Rushden and then Crewe! Ouch.

SEASON           TEAM            LEAGUE                     Achievements
2010/2011        FC United      Blue Square North       1st
2011/2012        FC United      Blue Square Premier     2nd - Play Off Winners

Well done with promotion and all the best for next season in the football league;)

I've found this. To my cost though, as I routinely start my managerial roles by antagonising anyone over 33 who isn't absolutely amazing.

2010-11 Season - Nuneaton Town

Blue Square North: 7th

FA Cup: 2nd Qualifying Round (lost to Coalville)

FA Trophy: 1st Round (lost to Hinckley)

Summary: Started the season in the playoffs, briefly flirted with the top spots, then just fell away as all my strikers stopped scoring. Squad was horrible, combined age of my central midfield was 75, left back was 42. Next season I'll rebuild the squad, find a goalscorer, and win the title!

Tonbridge Angels-Season10/11

Pre-season:

Tonbrigde 2-2 Kingstonian

Ramsgate 3-1 Tonbridge

Margate 1-2 Tonbridge

Dulwich Hamlet 1-0 Tonbridge

Tonbridge 1-3 Gillingham

Tonbridge 4-0 Lewes

Overall a pretty gloomy pre-season espacially with the Dulwich and Ramsgate result and im hoping the form will improve in the league:o

Archived