dafuge's FM10 challenge

Well it's obvious where the problem lies. Our winless run has extended to 14 in the league. It's getting very close to time to start a new game as we slip further and further from safety. During this 14 game winless run we have scored a total of 5 goals, one of which was an own goal.

We are creating sufficient chances but I've seen 3 legged goats that can finish better than this mob

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome.

Starting to get to terms with a strategy now... after realising that no one in L2+ will ever want to play football for a BSN/S club. Found a few gems in the BSP teams that will hopefully come.

I think the plan is to constantly change the team around each season with players from the division above replacing the weaker players in your team.

Signed Ricky Newman and McLachlan just now :D and Scotland are playing Brazil in the final of the WC! I think i upset McLachlan though in the new signing press conference =/

Well its all over. A 5-0 humiliation at the hand of Eastleigh has all but ended it. Will be loading all players from top clubs around Europe for my next game to hopefully grab a few of those Scottish youngsters all those doing well seem to be getting. Will probably return to my hunting ground from last years challenge with Tiverton unless someone interesting pops up before them.

Well I'm now under a transfer embargo at the start of July thanks to a board takeover, so rebuilding for the BSP is going well the board won't even let me bring anyone in on loan :(

The last two takeovers that failed took six months to fail, though with no transfer embargo that time, I hope this one doesn't last as long :(

Well I'm now under a transfer embargo at the start of July thanks to a board takeover, so rebuilding for the BSP is going well the board won't even let me bring anyone in on loan :(

The last two takeovers that failed took six months to fail, though with no transfer embargo that time, I hope this one doesn't last as long :(

Ouch thats bad luck indeed.

How can you search/see for the players released by clubs? (e.g. the ones by Rangers and Celtic).

I would really make use of scouts, its impossible to comb through players unless you know what your looking for, if you have never played this low it will all look the same to you but once you get use to it you can target what works.

You said you need strikers, you have two ways to go for BS S/N high finishing or high pace. You can try for someone average at both to I guess, but one or the other has always worked best for me.

So get your scouts looking for strikers, then you can use the search function (f5) along with your assistant weeding out people not likely to come.

If all of that fails, I don't know what to tell you.

No wonder it's taking me so long to find suitable players - i've just realised i dont have an assistant manager to weed out the unrealistic targets!

D'oh!

and yes, first time playing this low down - i usually pick up an EPL team for instant glory.

Hendon 2011/2012 transfer report

Well at the end of last season I believed I was weak in central defence and my defensive midfielder being the areas I would need to upgrade for this season, thankfully I was actually able to bring in 2 central defenders whilst we were playing in the play offs so I think that is fixed. The first to come in was Vincent Fernandez who was actually able to play for me in the play off final and actually scored a goal so was an instant success. Then I was finally able to sign a long term target who I'd tracked all season but failed to sign until we got promoted, Troy Archibald-Henville was released by Spurs at the start of the season so he was without a team a long time.

That left me feeling we were only really weak in defensive midfield so I went and searched just about everywhere I could, must have taken around 30 players on trial but couldn't find anyone at all until around 10 games into the season when I found another young Scottish player called Paul Emslie who had been released by Rangers, whilst he doesn't appear amazing he is an upgrade on what I had.

Then came a striker who was recommended to me by my coach in a backroom advice meeting, I tend to always scout every player I get advised off & then take it from there. I was very surprised though when I had a look at the profile & report of Zoltan Harsanyi as is clearly a top class player for the BSP so I quickly offered a contract only to be told it was leaked and a string of league 2 clubs also came in for him. I was worried about losing him but thankfully he actually chose me. As you can see by the screenshot he has scored 9 goals in 12 league games already this season, unfortunately for me I've had so many injuries and red cards during games we haven't been able to push into the play offs just yet, however when I get everyone fit and we stop giving away penalties and having players sent off in the first 5 minutes we can pick up our winning form.

I also signed 2 more strikers by the names of Davide Enrico Somma & Christiano Kisuka who were released by Leeds & Rangers respectively but they will be backup strikers for me and neither have really done much of note when being given the chance due to my Bulgarian striker Krastev being injured for the first 11 games of the season. The last signing was a young Danish goalkeeper I trialed after he was released by FC København, mainly because my main goalkeeper often plays U21 for Hungary so misses some games and I wanted another backup to Connor Fairley incase he got injured when he played, he goes by the name of Torben Lorentzen and is a regen my scouts suggest is around the same potential level of my first choice goalkeeper so will basically be good enough as cover in league 2 when he improves.

Transfers for the summer transfer window

Torben Lorentzen on trial

Just lost 4-0 away to Yeovil in the cup, Fernandez and Main got injured before the game so I bought Kai Evans in to central defence, the idiot gave away 2 penalties and scored an own goal in a game we created just as many chances as they did, think I'll ship him out soon he just never seems to play well even though my scouts and coaches tell me he is League 2 potential.

First game of the season and lost 2-0 away to Welling... both silly goals (frustrating) that were mistakes made by my defenders and were pounced upon by their strikers. Made a few good chances but mainly came from long shots.

Think i need to consider pumping up long balls for my strikers.

After 28 games we sit in 14th position, 9 points away from the play offs and 12 points away from the relegation zone so the season really can go in any direction. Getting quite frustrated because we really are playing very well but having terrible luck with injuries this season and not helping ourselves either with really silly mistakes, we have conceeded 9 penaltys so far, picked up 4 red cards and currently have 48 bookings (not heavy tackling) which is 11 more then the next team.

Fingers crossed our luck turns, if it does and we cut these silly mistakes out we really could push for the play offs, I'm not holding my breathe though as the way this season has gone I expect to end mid table.

No wonder it's taking me so long to find suitable players - i've just realised i dont have an assistant manager to weed out the unrealistic targets!

D'oh!

and yes, first time playing this low down - i usually pick up an EPL team for instant glory.

don't always get your ass man to weed out players as sometimes he will weed out some very good players who will actually join you, i tend to look first at all players esp young players and then get the ass man to weed through them if i can't find any who will join.

Can't believe how close this league table is, we've moved upto 2nd in the league after 42 games but there is 3 points seperating 2nd to 9th, not even on amazing form but we are simply not dropping as many points as those around us so have moved to the top of the chasing pack. Accrington are 8 points ahead of me so unless there is some form of miracle and they lose every game whilst we win everygame then they are the automatic promotion team.

Hmm i seem to have made a mistake.

Viktor Hall

who is playing awsome for me at the moment. It seems that i did not offer him a trail before signing, i guess i ws trailing so many people i musta pressed wrong button or something i dont know.

But anyways the point is how much of an issue it this in reference to the challange. do i need to start again or what?

Well we have just finished the season and Accrington did infact have a disaster but unfortunately it wasn't Hendon who were rewarded as we also lost 2 of the last 4 games but we did finish 5th so go into the play offs against Accrington. I am a bit split with how I feel as they were miles ahead for ages but they are in dreadfull form so unsure how they will perform. Darlington won the league on goal difference, disaster really for Accrington as they were first after 10 games and remainded there until the very last game.

Will play the play offs after watching a film with the missus

Well we have just finished the season and Accrington did infact have a disaster but unfortunately it wasn't Hendon who were rewarded as we also lost 2 of the last 4 games but we did finish 5th so go into the play offs against Accrington. I am a bit split with how I feel as they were miles ahead for ages but they are in dreadfull form so unsure how they will perform. Darlington won the league on goal difference, disaster really for Accrington as they were first after 10 games and remainded there until the very last game.

Will play the play offs after watching a film with the missus

watching a film? At midday? :)

Am in the process of doing a bit of tactical experimenting in another lower league game before I take my second run at this. I think not exactly tailoring my players roles to suit their abilities cost me a lot more than I thought it would with Tonbridge

Right, belated but -

League table

Yeah, things aren't exactly flying here at the Ricay. Should stay up this season though and push on from there. Loan signings are tough to come by and money is tight. Lots of dead wood to get rid of, but slowly I'm getting a side together. Albeit a very slow side that can't move after the middle of the second half.

I'm beginning to feel like this whole thing with cheap players from Scotland needs to be looked at; I just secured a £80/week backup-player contract with this guy, coming straight from Hearts into my "mighty" Blue Square Premier team...

Dartford FC - Blue Square South - 2010/11

FA Cup - I was very please that we made it to the 2nd round , but dissapointed how we played against Leeds .

FA Trophy - Dissapointed about the early exit . Hopefully we will do better next year .

Transfers - Some great bargains there and especially please that i managed to get Jardel for such a price and the Cumbers finally agreed to join . The last two signings were to help my playoff run .

Playoff run a.k.a Cumbers Time

Playoff Semi-Final 2nd leg After drawing 1:1 at home , needed a win to have a chance of getting promoted . Enter Luis Cumbers .

Playoff Final - After a hat-trick from Cumbers , i hoped that he would get a goal or two in the final . He probably played his best game of his young career .

League Table

I was actually pleased that i finished 5th , because if i would of been 4th , i would of playen Farnborough , to whom i lost a game and barely drew one . The main problem was that we lost too many stupid points . Like the 3:3 draw against Eastleigh , when my GK scored 2 owngoals and having trouble beating weaker sides .

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         promoted

2011/12 - Blue Square Premier

These are my transfers so far . Probably will sign a couple of backup players and maybe post my squad later on .

Hendon 2011/2012 Blue Square Premier Review

Have just finished the play offs where we beat Accrington 2-1 at home in the first leg before losing 3-2 in the away leg to setup a penalty shootout. I was worried as the only other penalty shootout I'd taken part in was bugged and although we won 5-3 it actually went down that we lost so was really hoping this wouldn't happen again. We won 5-4 with Tom Miller blazing his penalty over the bar for Accrington and thankfully the game didn't decide to bug on me again so we were given the task of playing Kettering Town in the final.

The final was extremely close with a handfull of chances for each side until the 73rd minute when BSP top goalscorer Zoltan Harsanyi raced through and placed a lovely shot into the back of the net to put us 1-0 up. I quickly made a few subs and bought fresh legs on as we had a very tired set of players out there and was rewarded with sub striker Davide Enrico Somma pouncing on a mistake by there goalkeeper to put us 2-0 up with 6 minutes left. Kettering never really troubled us in the last 20 minutes if truth be told, we finished by far the stronger side and ended up very deserved winners to send us into league 2.

I can attribute much of this success to my 2 strikers who between them scored 50 league goals for us which actually led to us being one the top goalscorers in the league with 73 goals in 46 games. I am a little worried as I only really have 3 players I believe to be league 2 starting XI quality and the rest are going to be find as backup but I will need to be shrewd with transfers if we are to avoid being dragged into a relegation battle. I truly hope my board will finally allow me to form a partnership with a parent club as that will help so much in securing some quality players but time will tell.

Final league table

Player stats for season

The leagues top goalscorer and player of the season

Young Bulgarian striker who chipped in with some very important goals

Season 2012/13 Review - Kingstonian in the Blue Square Premier

League Table

Past Positions

Got off to a great start and rode on the morale boost from that for a while until injuries hit in October. With no proper backup we dipped down below the promotion spots, only to stabilize around 6th-7th once I got my players back. The January transfer window brought some much needed signings and after a slightly inconsistent period they helped make a great late-season push for the top. In the end it was only good for 3rd, but for our first season in the BSP that's a position I'll take any day. :thup: A bit surprised actually that the level wasn't that different from the BSS.

FA Cup - League 1 Hartlepool were just way too strong for us.

FA Trophy / Final - First cup win! And a decent £50K for the club. :thup:

Squad

Now, after the January transfers, probably among the best in the league. No one I'm particularly disappointed with frankly, they've all played important roles throughout the season.

Transfers

So much for keeping the BSS-winning team intact... But I'm glad I didn't. The stand-out signings are so many, but probably spearheaded by Moyes, Hibbert and Bauza. Moyes proved as solid as you'd expect on this level, Hibbert was our most reliable striker and Bauza worked great next to him during the late-season push.

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    4th       -
2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    1st       Promotion
2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       FA Trophy winners

Wish me luck in the playoffs/FA Trophy final. :)

Losing money so badly though and no cup games to bring in extra revenue doesn't help, currently we are £250k in debt so will try and set a couple of friendlys to help out and pray the board allow a feeder club or I'll end up selling a few players I'd rather keep for squad depth next season.

Archived