dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this has been an interesting week a howler from my Keeper Dolan knocked me out of the Europa League in the 1st Knockout Round as he fumbled a cross into his own net under no pressure :( (Thankfully I'll be able to use my new Keeper in Europe next season)

On the plus side we then stuffed Man City in the Carling Cup Final to retain the Carling Cup and secure our place in Europe next season :cool:

In the League after 28 games we have secured our place in the Premier League for next season, and are currently 5th one point behind Burnley, Everton and Man City with two games in hand on each of them, but 11 points behind Man Utd who are still running away with the league, though a shock 4-0 defeat to Bolton has slowed them down.

Behind us Arsenal are 6 pts behind in 6th but with a game in hand, whilst Bolton are 11pts behind in 7th having played two more games than us.

So if we don't implode this time we might be able to snatch a Champions League place, hopefully we won't implode as we are unbeaten in 24 League games :eek: - though an inability to break teams down has meant we have drawn 10 times, defensively we are solid with 18 clean sheets and only 10 goals conceeded however we have only scored 31 times which is letting us down.

Once they are on the legends/icons list isnt that permanent?

I don't think so, I've got a player who seems to have dropped from 'legend' down to 'icon'. The original names seem to be permanent though, which looks a bit silly now.

I love exciting AI matches.

After 44 games of the league 1 season played, my team (Oxford City) are in a meaningless mid-table position. However, when you look towards the foot of the table...

Charlton and Watford were equal on 45 points, Watford's inferior goal difference placing them in the last relegation place. And, in the 45th game of the season, they were going to meet each other at Vicarage Road.

Jackson, McGarry and Tozer gave Watford a seemingly unassailable first-half lead and the post-match stats suggest Watford were absolutely dominating - Charlton not having a single clear cut chance in that first half. Within 6 minutes of the restart, Neal Trotman pulls one back from a corner. With 10 minutes to go, this looked like mere consolation. Then, they're awarded another set-piece, Cameron Jerome this time with the decisive header. Watford were backtracking now and a superb through ball from MOM James Gray found Rickie Lambert who made no mistake with his finish. Normal time came and went and as the board flashed 5 minutes of added time, it was locked at 3-3. With one minute gone, Charlton are awarded a corner. Ball sent in. Jerome. Shot. Blocked. Falls to Rowell - hits a piledriver from 20 yards and now the situation is with a game to play, Watford have to win while Charlton lose, and somehow make up the 8 goal difference.

And why am I saying all this? Because we beat Watford 7-1 earlier in the season.

Maidstone Season 12 Update 2021/22 - The Premier League

Media Prediction - 12th

Position - 4th

League Table

League Positions

My first top level silverware and a top 4 finish is more than I could have expected from this season. The Carling cup run was fairly comfortable and ended with a 2-0 win over Aston Villa in the final, this guaranteed me European football and I just had to finish the league campaign off well.

All season I was hovering around the top 4 and a solid run of form after the cup win pushed me into the top 4 giving me champions league football :cool: I was hoping this would give me a good rep boost so that I could attract a few top players to my club in the summer, the extra money was very welcome.

I have a very young squad as can be seen in the following two screen-shots: Top two position in Young Player of the Year and the domination of young player of the month awards.

Star Player: Ramon - A big money purchase for me in central midfield, did not disappoint with plenty of goals and assists.

Squad

Finances

Transfer History

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Career Overview:

League         Season    Finished   Achievements
------------------------------------------------
BSS            2010/11   19th
BSS            2011/12   19th
BSS            2012/13   15th
BSS            2013/14   10th
BSS            2014/15   5th        Playoff Winners
BSP            2015/16   10th
BSP            2016/17   1st        FA Trophy
League 2       2017/18   1st        
League 1       2018/19   1st        JPT Trophy
Championship   2019/20   6th        Playoff Winners
Premiership    2020/21   9th
Premiership    2021/22   4th        League Cup

Nuneaton Town 2015-2016.

Well, I'll keep it short as I find it really painstaking making those updates with screenshots!

LEAGUE - League 1

I eventually finished in 2nd position behind Huddersfield Town who win it by a clear 11 points. I was 8th with 8 games to go and managed to then win 7 of my last 8 including a last day win away at Huddersfield to seal second. Every week leading up to the last game I had a player of mine in the news stating "must win this game" or that, seemed to work too... I caned the last 7!!

CUPS

Well, I managed to make it to the 3rd round in the League cup and got Man Utd away which netted me a cool 6 to 700k. SWEET. I got beat 2-1 but I can live with that. Nothing to report in the FA Cup and Johnstone paints, I went out first round in both :(

Aim for next season

Survive in the championship. I can't really forsee me doing anymore than that. My squad isn't CCC standard at all.

Michael Mancienne is England manager in my game with no previous experience :D

Was keeping an eye on a couple of my youngsters :cool:

Matt Hill got the England job in my game with no experience either. Capello retired in 2012 after winning Euro2012 Stuart Pearce then took over and was fired in 2018 with Matt Hill taking over and winning the World Cup in 2022 :eek:

Ok I shouldn't really complain about my side imploding - Man Utd have just won the Premier League with five games spare but in the week since have gone out of Europe after being thrashed 6-1 by Fiorentina and Fulham have just thrashed them 5-0 in the FA Cup Semi-Final :eek:

Not sure if that is a good result or not as I'm the other team in the FA Cup Final :cool:

Whilst at the bottom of the league things are rather tense with four games left Chelsea are 15th with 32pts, Spurs are 16th also with 32pts (but with a game in hand), Wolves are 17th with 30pts and currently in relegation are Coventry (29pts), Wst Brom (26pts) and West Ham (26pts) - Chelsea and Spurs both going down would be very nice :D

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2050/51

Last season saw the end of a string of Premier League titles, so this season was all about winning it back.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Even with losing our last two games we won the title with ease. The simple difference was turning the draws into wins as we seemed to record a lot of 1-0 victories.

Carling Cup - we had a good run but struggled to overturn a bad loss in the second leg of the semi final.

FA Cup - it was a good run but Spurs completed a cup double over us in an awful final.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was fairly easy, although it needed a result in the final game to top the group. Our charge towards the final looked great, but the final itself was sickening.

Squad - I'm quite happy with the squad right now, it doesn't have the superstars that it has had in the past but it seems nicely balanced.

Transfers - the usual clear out.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - once again, the top scorer.

Edward Graham - not spectacular, but still good for a youngster.

Brian Brown - the coaches don't exactly rave about him, but he's a good leader.

Tom Forster - he's slowly replacing Julian Cockerill.

George Aston - another great season.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists

Next Season

Simple really, don't lose any more finals.

After all the takeover excitement this year, I'm expecting things to be concluded soon, and I can't imagine it will be that exciting. Hopefully at the end of next season there will also be another tournament with England.

Oxford City - Season 2014/15 - Coca Cola League 1

Pre-Season, and all the hopes and expectations therein

Darryl Duffy, only on the fringes of the team last season, scored 13 goals in 8 games as we generally hammered every single team, including Premiership parent club Wolves, even though they eventually won 4-3.

Transfers

I bought far too many players, loaned two horrible mistakes, Lebrun and Coppolla, and released some of my best players - as I realised in hindsight. Probably my worst season of transfer dealings since I signed 40 players when I got East Stirlingshire promoted to the EPL.

The Season!

Our first game of the season would be at home to fallen giants Leicester City, and we played staggeringly well and were unlucky to only receive a 2-2 draw. A similar story awaited us at Watford, where we could have easily won the game but it ended up 1-1 as we rued missed chances, but welcomed superb play from our full backs. Our first win of the season would be spectacular, as we hammered Charlton 4-1 and my strike pairing of Darryl Duffy and on loan Mickel Goncalves seemed to be uncontainable.

We conceded 2 goals in each of the next 5 games, and only managed 5 points as a result. Goncalves was unstoppable, but our defense couldn't underline his good work. A long trip resulted in a miserable 4-2 loss to Hartlepool, and another long'un saw us lucky to get a 1-1 draw at bogey team Torquay. It took us until the end of September to fire a blank, as Preston outfought us in a 1-0 smash and grab at Court Palace Farm.

Our next game was peculiar: I believed we were drawn at home to Rotherham in the JPT, so I fielded a severely weakened team. But it turned out it was a league game, and we came away with a 5-1 win! Wingers Taylor-Fletcher and Murphy netting braces. My decision to stick with this weakened team was 'rewarded' with successive 3-1 defeats, but club hero Alex Revell broke his duck for the season - playing as he was in a right wing position, he hadn't been able to score in the first three months of the season.

We then dominated but lost agonisingly 1-0 at both Hillsborough and the New Den, but our next game at home to abysmal bottom of the league Crewe gave cause for optimism, Goncalve's hat-trick setting us on the way to a 4-2 win. We capitalised on this with our first away win of the season over Southend, two more goals for the impressive Murphy. Our second away win came in the next game, scoring 5 goals without reply against the decidedly unvaliant Valiants. Top of the table Derby were next to come to town, and were rocked as we fought back from a goal down with goals from Wedderburn and Goncalves getting us our 3rd win in a row, and suddenly we were looking very impressive.

So then we lost two away games in a row, so unlucky at Colchester before Leicester showed our weakness in strength with a formal 2-0 victory. What followed was the most amazing sequence of 3 consecutive games in all my time of playing CM/FM.

Watford were disappointingly in the bottom half of the league, and Al Bangura seemed fired up against his former team in the fixture earlier in the season - but nothing could have prepared me for his inspired 9.2 performance as we romped home 7-1, Bangura himself getting a rare mention on the scoresheet. Charlton were also struggling, but this time the fixture was away - so naturally we thrashed them 5-0. Murphy, Wedderburn and Goncalves all showing impressive form in front of goal. I felt it would be difficult to maintain such form with a difficult home game against Doncaster, but a patched up side did brilliantly to win 2-1, Goncalves showing such class against a stubborn defence. But for the next six games, Goncalves was to be, along with Daryl Murphy, our only players who turned up.

0 wins, and no clean sheets either. It was this consistency that defined and shaped our season, and I swear made my hair a shade greyer. Going into consecutive away games at Rotherham and Preston, I was more than a little pessimistic but once again Goncalves dragged us to two very useful wins which pretty much pulled us out of relegation trouble for good by February.

An Al Bangura rocket got us a 3rd straight win, and a surprisingly useful 1-1 draw against Walsall followed. Our next game would make history; our second ever televised league game at Mansfield. We crashed, 3-1, making (apart from the play-offs) our record on telly to be two losses and a solitary goal. That was to be followed by the worst game of the season, a 3-0 home defeat to Milwall that saw some home truths unleashed in the dressing room afterwards. Credit to the team, they responded with a fine 1-0 at home to relegation destined Sheffield Wednesday. Then we lost 3-0 to bottom side Crewe. In only their third league win of the season.

AOSGORDHORIe43wpi9ur2't

I made 9 changes for the next game, but I firmly believe we must be Southend's bogey side - we somehow won 1-0, and Chris Herd, the most wasteful player I've ever seen, scored.

We set up our last game of the season in mid-table safety despite 4 consecutive defeats, and I made the tradition of giving the fringe players a run-out, and it was one of these, the young Jonathon McCarthy, who was rewarded with a goal for some industrious wing play as we...didn't lose to Colchester. 1-1 it was in the end, and the most maddening season of my life was over.

Final League Table

Amazing we finished so low when we had a positive goal difference - we were the division's highest scorers, with 82 goals.

Positions Graph

So, so mid-table.

Stats

Al Bangura, does he ever miss a pass?

Squad (End Of Season)

Half of our team was pathetic failures of centre-backs. Lubomir Michalik being the only one of them to emerge with any shred of credibility.

Finances (End Of Season)

Signed too many players considering we could only get a maximum of 3000 fans for a home game.

FA Cup

:'(. Ryan McGivern had a rating of 4.2. He never played again.

League Cup

Too classy for us, but it was a good demonstration of the individual mistakes that would be shown throughout the whole season in our brittle defence.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Dean Bowditch played us pretty much on his own before another embarassing defeat.

Key Players

Al Bangura

The most consistent player I've ever managed - and out of position as well. Good to see his discipline improved also.

Charlie Adam

Greatest number of assists by far, but I still feel I have to slightly adjust him to the game from what I've seen of him IRL - he doesn't fit the position he plays normally for Blackpool.

Daryl Murphy

Our biggest coup, he rewarded the highest investment in the team with loads o' goals from left wing or up front.

Mickel Goncalves

2nd highest goal scorer in the division, had my highest rating in the team as well. He'll be a quality player when he's fully developed, I hope I can get him in my team again.

Nathaniel Wedderburn

Surprise of the season, despite being my first money signing, for the mammoth fee of £12k. I'd encountered him several times as an opponent in the BSN and BSP and found nothing particularly spectacular. He was far down in my pecking order initially, but every time he played he seemed to be dependable, and capable of producing vital moments of quality.

Season    League                         Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North             2nd          Promoted via play-offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           11th        -
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           3rd          Promoted via play-offs
2013/14   Coca Cola League 2           7th          Promoted via play-offs
2014/15   Coca Cola League 1           16th        -

Next Season

Be completely different from this one, please.

Just won all the trophies Boston Utd were in. Will have to check again but yeah I'm sure. So that's Comm. Shield, Super Cup, WCC, CC, Prem, FA Cup(where we were drawing the semi with Arsenal 1-1 and made a simple tactics change in the 2nd half and smashed them 5-1) and Champions League. Now to guide Brazil to a Copa America and resign from them and maybe go for a lower tier nation. Full update later after I go through the Copa.

Season 3 Review (2012/13) - Truro League 2

Following back to back promotions as Champions the expectation levels were high (Mine!) and another successful season for the Cornish club were the priority. The majority of the team remained the same, although strengthening was needed, particularly in the middle of the park. Having never had a transfer kitty it was about trying to find decent players on frees. Using my nose for a bargain i trawled the un-attached players and stumbled across a 21 year old Icelandic MC with a solitary cap to his name (Palsson). I offered him terms and he decided he liked the idea of a bit of surfing and joined the mighty Truro. He was joined by Philliskirk, another MC with no contract. These guys formed a quite formidable partnership in the middle of the park. They were supported by Livermore and Paudie Quinn, but these guys really held things together. Up front we had Jabuti, McGurk and Finnbogasson all vying for the starting berths. Each had their own periods of finding the net, and they really complemented each other.

At the back Virgo had to continue to perform and new addition, Sudanese DL Maowad, showed his class marauding down the left flank.

All in all the season went better than could have been expected! By Christmas we were sat in 3rd, the final promotion spot, and although we'd played relatively well, we dropped points in crucial games. Thankfully the boys hit a rich vein of form at the right times and produced 9 League victories on the bounce. We'd been knocked out of the FA cup by Plymouth, which meant we were able to firmly concentrate on League football until it's conclusion.

League Table - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Dafuge/League13.png

Promotion as Champions - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Dafuge/Promotion.png :eek:

Evan Cook is Manager of the Year - http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Dafuge/manofyear.png

Players

Finboggasson - Icelandic ST who knows where the net is! http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Dafuge/Finboggason.png

Palsson - His Icelandic compatriot who is a star in the making! http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Dafuge/Palsson.png

Philliskirk - A MC who performed admirably all season. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Dafuge/Philliskirk.png

Jabuti - A Spanish ST you all know, but he continued to perform at League 2. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Dafuge/Jabuti.png

McGurk - NI ST/AMR great assists for the team, and bagged a few goals too. http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Dafuge/McGurk.png

Moawad - Sudanese Captain, who joined on trial and i snapped him up. I think you'll see why! http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/marcus_cook_2008/Dafuge/Maowad.png

Next Season's Ambitions - Solidifying position in League One, hopefully a mid-table finish. :cool:

Just won all the trophies Boston Utd were in. Will have to check again but yeah I'm sure. So that's Comm. Shield, Super Cup, WCC, CC, Prem, FA Cup(where we were drawing the semi with Arsenal 1-1 and made a simple tactics change in the 2nd half and smashed them 5-1) and Champions League. Now to guide Brazil to a Copa America and resign from them and maybe go for a lower tier nation. Full update later after I go through the Copa.

Well played Roseboy. Nice to see another Pilgrim going well. I lost the community shield for the first time since competing in it for the last 5 seasons so my record in it is played 5 won 4

I've had an abysmal start to my first season in the CCC, won 2 drawn 2 lost 6 :o 21 goals conceded in 10 games, most of which have been at home where I've been beaten 3-1 5 times!!!! How ironic is it that my away form is actually pretty good, 2w 2d and 1 loss :)

Canvey Island 2016/17 Report - CCC

the goals return

After achieving my prediction of promotion last season, survival was the order of the season this time around. Especially as half of my title winning team were to leave during the summer, so a whole new squad was required to gel. For once, the media prediction of dead last may actually come true, though pre-season odds of 50-1 were bemusing again...

League - Positions -

The last few seasons we've had brilliant starts to the season; so 3 defeats from the first 3 games was not were we have been expected to in recent years. The key however early on was to keep on picking up points, especially when our newly-formed squad were being outplayed. Stealing points of WBA, Blackburn and Stoke were key in ensuring our cushion above the relegation places.

A strong run after Christmas and the FA Cup exit meant that we had a slight chance of a play-off spot, but dropped points in consecutive matches from winning positions against both Reading and Forest, as well as a dismal performance vs Boro, halted our progress any further. Rather annoyingly, after we were mathematically out of the playoff race we beat promotion-bound Burnley 2-1 and thrashed Millwall, who were to be relegated as a result, 9-0.

Once again, 100 goals were passed in the season, though the 75 conceded isn't what I expect, even for a promoted side.

Cups

FA Cup

3rd rd - Canvey Island 2-2 Wigan

3rd rd rep - Wigan 1-3 Canvey Island

4th rd - Canvey Island 3-3 Newcastle

4th rd rep - Newcastle 4-0 Canvey Island

We didn't really have any right to draw the games we did, or even win the replay, but it was a useful measure of how we compare against EPL standard teams, with Wigan bouncing straight back up and Newcastle now being a mid-table EPL side.

Carling Cup

1st rd - Wycombe 2-5 Canvey Island

2nd rd - Canvey Island 1-2 Notts Forest

Our superior finishing was apparent in the first round, our lack of compsoure was apparent in the second. Should've gone further this year in my opinion.

Squad (1)(2)

New faces, though even with the changes an apparent first 11 is clear to pick out. I'm sure Ozyakup would've broke the records for most substitue appearences if there were such a thing...

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)

2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne MC

2011/12 - Chris Todd DC

2012/13 - Scott Smith DL

2013/14 - Dean Lodge AMR

2014/15 - Dean Hammond MC

2015/16 - Luciano Napoli ST

2016/17 - Borja ST (1)(2)

Somehow let go from Atletico Madrid, when his record wasn't too bad from the small number of games that he played, he provided an excellent replacement for last year's winner who saw the $$$ given by Leeds :confused: and abandoned ship in the summer. Credit also to his partner-in-crime Marini who topped the assist charts, despite playing as a ST.

Transfers - The expansion of scouting to the whole of Europe made finding talent on frees a lot easier than the last couple of years, thankfully as we are offically a selling club. Shame to see 1st-team members leaving in January; notably Bruno, Kolar and Neri, but I suppose it's money back into the club.

Finances - Taking out all of the transfer revenue from this season would paint a pretty bleak picture of our finances, not helped by the 25% rise in wages of players already at the club, stupid contract clauses :mad:, but also due to the massive increase that new signings are wanting than before.

The massive drop was due to the fact that the board finally took the hint of my 'polite requests' to expand the stadium and have decided to build a brand-new one, rather than try and compete with the council over expanding Park Lane. Another summer of free transfer signings it is then :)

Confidence - Untouchable overall, no part down to the fact we never seem to be in a relegation scrap which always seem to suit the board. Transfer season is upon us now, so as usual the players are all complaning about wanting to move :(

History

2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals

2011/12 - BSS: 1st

2012/13 - BSP: 1st

2013/14 - CCL2: 1st

2014/15 - CCL1: 7th

2015/16 - CCL1: 1st

2016/17 - CCC: 8th

The Trophy Cabinet

Blue Square South - 2011/12

Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14

Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16

Aims for next season: This season was almost a carbon-copy of my first season in L1 so that means promotion could happen. The defence needs some work, especially as Faye is thinking about retiring, so pushing for playoffs will be a more realistic aim.

Well played Roseboy. Nice to see another Pilgrim going well. I lost the community shield for the first time since competing in it for the last 5 seasons so my record in it is played 5 won 4

Won the title with 3 games left so I managed to rest a few people and sent out a 2nd XI against Fulham on the last day where they whipped me 4-1. Paid off though with the CL and FA Cup wins.

I only have 4 Brazilians in my team and I'm Brazil manager. You don't need them to get success.:p

Having 14 of them makes things easier though, I now actually have more Brazilians than Englishmen (if you don't include youth players) :D

And just to make a mockery of the Homegrown rules all my Brazilians will count as Homegrown whilst one of my English ones wont as he came through a Dutch team.

Canvey Island 2016/17 Report - CCC

the goals return

Confidence - Untouchable overall, no part down to the fact we never seem to be in a relegation scrap which always seem to suit the board. Transfer season is upon us now, so as usual the players are all complaning about wanting to move :(

If you are having problem with players wanting out and you don't want to sell them I've found setting a value of at least twice their value or £10m scares teams off from making bids and if you just ignore the news items about teams declaring an interest in your players your players won't get unhappy and demand a transfer - the worst that will happen is your player will add that manager to his favoured personnel, my players have been tapped up for years and I haven't had to sell a player I didn't want to for years - players demanding first team football or refusing to sign new contracts is all I've had to worry about.

That said I do sometimes miss the chairman selling your players on you.

If you are having problem with players wanting out and you don't want to sell them I've found setting a value of at least twice their value or £10m scares teams off from making bids and if you just ignore the news items about teams declaring an interest in your players your players won't get unhappy and demand a transfer - the worst that will happen is your player will add that manager to his favoured personnel, my players have been tapped up for years and I haven't had to sell a player I didn't want to for years - players demanding first team football or refusing to sign new contracts is all I've had to worry about.

That said I do sometimes miss the chairman selling your players on you.

I usually set my asking price at 3 times their worth, sometimes 5 if their value is so small, which is generally okay, especially as any money I'm getting is essentially profit on them.

The players aren't that bothered about the interest from other clubs, though I get the odd one which get unsettled, its more when 1 complains everyone complains about the harmony of the squad which only makes matters worse.

But since we've taken out the loan to build the new stadium the chairman has decided to sell Vila (LB) and Borja :( over my head, though he did somehow manage to sell Agard, who was 4th choice striker, for 4.8m :eek: (and got £6m for Borja if you include all of the clauses) so he isn't all bad I suppose...

Nantwich Town – Premier League 2024/25 – Season 15

So after winning our first real silverware last season we were given the prize of venturing into Europe for the first time.

On the Domestic front the board expected a safe-mid table position in the League, the bookies gave us an outside chance of the Title whilst the media predicted we would finish 10th.

The priority this season would be the Europa League provided it didn't get me relegated, not that we had much money to reinforce the squad for Europe as we dropped nearly 20 places in the Rich List.

Transfers - with not much money in the bank my transfer targets we cheap promising youngsters - among them four young Keepers, promising DM Andres was snapped up after Real randomly transfer listed him and a couple of promising English Youngsters were also signed, before late in August I finally found a quality Keeper - Turkish Keeper Taha Kodalak arrived for £10m, rather annoyingly his Work Permit was granted the day after playing in the Europe, so I couldn't play him.

With the club needing money I then decided it was a good time to start culling players I didn't need so youngsters Breno and Murphy were solid after being unable to break into my team, I also let defender Perez go as he just wasn't good enough, whilst Promising Striker Richards was sold to Leeds as his wage demands were to high and Argentine Midfielder Bogado also left as he was demanding too much money, whilst in January Bulgarian Striker Georgiev left to join Barcelona as he struggled to break into my team.

Our Europa League Adventure would begin in the 3rd Qualifying Round where we drew Swedish side Orebo and any nerves we may have had were banished in the first 16 minutes in Sweeden as we took a 3-0 lead and ended up winning first the first leg 4-0 and in the Second Leg we kept our heads to claim a 2-0 win (and already we had made over twice as much prize money as we did for winning the Carling Cup last season).

In the 4th Qualifying Round we would face Israeli side M. Netanya, we won the 1st Leg at Home 3-1, though conceeding a late goal would make things interesting in Israel, however a 1-0 win was good enough to put us into the Group Phase.

In the Group Stage we were third seeds and drew Valencia (ESP), Metalist (UKR) and Dinamo (CRO) - we got off to a good start in the Group Stage with a Dimitrov Hat-Trick helping us to an opening day 4-1 win over Dinamo, we then went to the Ukraine and put five past Metalist whilst Valencia also won both their opening games.

So whilst things were going well in Europe the Premier League wasn't - I was saving my best players for Europe whilst at the same time having over half a dozen players at the Olympics whilst Zelaia, Rains and Smith were all out with long-term injuries.

After drawing to Spurs on the opening day we then lost 1-0 to Sunderland, Burnley and Bolton, before drawing 0-0 with Liverpool and Fulham, we finally kick started our league season with a 2-1 win over West Brom, however I then needed to rest players for the Valencia game and whilst we took a 2-0 lead we couldn't hold on and went down 3-2 at home.

With big games coming up in the League I was again forced to rest players in Europe and whilst we fought hard in Spain Valencia proved to strong and grabbed a 1-0 win with just 10 men, which left us in a bit of trouble in Europe, but with a European break for a month we had more pressing matters in the League as we beat Newcastle 1-0 and drew 0-0 with Man Utd and Arsenal before claiming seven straight wins in the league including a 1-0 win at Chelsea and with confidence high we went to Croatia and claimed a 3-1 win against Dinamo to qualify us for the Knockout Stages and we finished with a 2-0 home win over Metalist.

Europa League Group - it proved to be a walk in the park for Valencia as just our two home goals worried them, luckily they did us a favour by claiming maxmium points though finishing second meant we would face Marseille in the Knockout Round in Feb.

With Europe out of the way for a couple of months we were free to concentrate on Domestic issues, our fine league form continued during December including a 1-0 win over Man Utd who were again walking the League and hadn't lost since last April.

We'd also made it to the Carling Cup Semi-Finals again easily beating Rotherham, Watford and Bolton before facing Spurs (again) in the Semi's, however the 1st leg didn't quite go to plan as for the first time in 14 games we failed to score and rather shockingly Spurs won 1-0, however it could have been worse as we gave away a late penalty which my Keeper did well to keep out and keep us in the tie. In the Second Leg we again struggled to break Spurs down even after they had a man sent off just after the hour, but we finally got the goal we needed to force extra-time as sub van Beek bundled the ball home in the 86th minute, during extra-time with both teams tired it looked like it would go to pens however we tried to throw the game by giving away a 122nd minute pen that thankfully Spurs blasted wide and in the ensuring Shootout Spurs' luck didn't change as my Keeper saved two pens, they sent one wide and we scored three to win the shootout and setup our second Carling Cup Final!

Luckily our form in the league didn't suffer as we stayed unbeaten claiming 1-0 wins or 1-1 or 0-0 draws, we also found ourselves embarking on an FA Cup run with wins over Watford, Wigan and Millwall setting up a Quarter Final tie with Arsenal, however first we had a busy month with games against Man City and Marseille coming up - My Europa League games against Marseille were shoehorned in between a league game with Man City and the Carling Cup Final also against Man City.

First up we entertained Marseille at Nantwich and took the lead thanks to a pen, before returning the favour and gifting Marseille a pen in the second half at 1-1 we were still in the tie however disaster struck in the 88th minute as under no pressure my Backup Keeper Dolan fumbled a cross into his own net to give Marseille a 2-1 win and two away goals.

We picked ourselves up with a 1-0 win over Man City in the League before heading out to France where we needed two goals, however Marseille knew this and just sat back and defended and we just couldn't break them down and Marseille got the 0-0 that knocked us out and rather interestingly Marseille went on to beat Valencia in the Final at Hillsborough.

We had to quickly put the disappointment of going out of Europe behind us as we were due to face Man City in the Carling Cup Final on the Sunday astonishingly this would be our Second Carling Cup Final in a row and again we were the Underdogs though this time both of us had easy runs to the Final.

With close to a full strength side (just Leite, Dimitrov and Zelaia were missing) we didn't mess around and straight from the kick off we tore through Man City time and again, we opening the scoring with Route One football in the 18th minute my Keeper Kodalak launched a free kick downfield where Costa headed the ball to van Beek who was umarked in the box and he glanced his header into the corner of the net out of the reach of the City Keeper, and 10 minutes later we made it 2-0 Brazilian Playmaker Dario danced through the City defence and all they could do was drag him down for a pen and Costa stepped up to make it 2-0, with a comfortable lead we were now able to sit back and relax as long as my defence held firm, in the second half things were made easier when City were reduced to 10 men and then they went down to 9 after suffering an injury having used up their subs and just make sure my Academy prospect Geoff Grant came off the bench to make it 3-0 which meant we retained the Carling Cup and would be in Europe again next season.

Whilst in the League results elsewhere went our way and with 10 games left our Premier League status had been confirmed for another season and we were currently in third place ahead of Burnley on goal difference with Man City a point ahead having played an extra game whilst Man Utd were 8pts clear with a game in hand.

So whilst we could try and mount a title challenge I didn't think my team were ready and I'd be happy with another attempt at the Europa League next season my team agreed as we promptly lost 2-0 to Newcastle to suffer our first league defeat in 24 games - we hadn't lost since we lost three of the opening four games.

Of course this wasn't the best time for my team to switch off as next we had a trip to the Emirates to face Arsenal in the FA Cup 6th Round (first time we'd gotten this far) we made a great start going 2-0 up with 17 minutes and were in control until the ref decided to harshly send my left back off after 37 minutes, this allowed Arsenal back into the game as they scored before half time and finally equalised in the 71st minute, luckily we managed to hold on after that and claim a 2-2 draw which meant a replay.

With the league no longer important my second string suffered a 3-1 defeat to Fulham, before with 11 men we claimed a 2-1 league win over Arsenal (why is it when you play someone in the cup you nearly always face them in the league around the same, I've played Arsenal, Spurs and Man City three times this season with all the games within a month of each other) before drawing to rock bottom West Ham 2-2.

With our form faltering we next faced Arsenal in the FA Cup 6th Round Replay and found ourselves 2-0 down at half-time and out of the tie, however a change to a attacking strategy in the second half saw us turn the tie on its head with three goals in 12 mins to give us a 3-2 win and set up a FA Cup Semi-Final tie against Notts County who'd just knocked Chelsea out in a replay.

In the FA Cup Semi-Final Notts County couldn't cope with us as they couldn't break us down and we just waited for space to open up and claimed an easy 3-0 win the only thing that went wrong was my full back Leite getting sent off at the end of the game. Whilst our Semi was straight forward Fulham pulled off a shock by beating a Man Utd side who had just retained the title with 5 games spare 5-0.

In the FA Cup Final we were surprisingly favourites and we were both looking for our first FA Cup Trophy.

It was a nervy final as both our tactics cancelled each other out - Fulham use an annoying 4-2-3-1, but with my first choice full-backs and DM playing they shackled fulhams attacking midfielders and we easily held off their attacks, however at the other end with Fulham fielding two DMs we struggled to open them up, however with 5mins to go Dutch Striker van Beek came off the bench and with his first touch of the ball found space in the area lached onto a throughball from Dario and prodded the ball into the back of the net to give us a 1-0 win which saw us lift the FA Cup for the first time and complete an Historic Cup Double, even the board were happy with the FA Cup win, whilst the Double made me an Nantwich Icon. :cool:

With nothing to play for in the league my second string claimed victories over Sheff Utd and Aston Villa whilst I fielded some youngsters against Wolves when I noticed Chelsea were in real danger of getting relegated, we put up a good fight but lost 2-1 making things a little more difficult for Chelsea, I also had another motive for losing as we were currently third in the league and I would have preferred we drop a couple of places however results elsewhere went against me and despite losing we had qualified for the Champions League regardless, and with a Champions League place secured going straight into the group stage was preferred to having to qualify, so the first team was deployed and we claimed 2-1 wins over both Everton and Chelsea, however annoyingly results elsewhere went Chelsea's way as they survived by one point (I also noticed afterward that they spend £65m this season to finish 17th :D)

Table - It was weird finishing second as despite our fine form throughout the season we were never anywhere near Utd, I'm also annoyed at the way we again fell to pieces at the end of the season after 28 games we had just conceeded 10 goals, in the last 10 games we conceeded 14. Liverpool also had an interesting season with 21 draws nearly all of them 0-0, if they weren't Liverpool I'd feel sorry for their fans as the two encounters we had with them were dull.

POS - An utterly awful start followed by an amazing climb up the table before we slumped but recovered to claim a Champions League place.

Squad - Competing on four fronts saw me use my entire squad again, no idea how I would cope if I didn't have a load of U21's who don't need registering.

In Goal Turkish Keeper Taha Kodalak arrived for £10m and he proved to be a great find he made us so much more solid at the back keeping 27 Clean Sheets, whilst his Positioning and Determination are a little low the rest of his attributes more than make up as does his kicking ability - his ability to kick the ball accurately up the field is so welcome it even kick started several attacks. The only downside was he played in Europe whilst I was waiting for his Work Permit so Alan Dolan stood in and Kodalak just made him look worse it doesn't help that his mistake knocked us out of Europe.

In defence Pedro Leite and Airam Barba were again in fine form at full-back, providing cover on the right was Irish youngster Mark Moran who had a solid season, on the left Hicham Hadji started strongly before he started to struggle and this gave Russian Sergey Akchurin a chance to stake his claim though neither really impressed and I have another young Spanish Left Back who has just turned into a Wonderkid so he'll be given a chance next season.

In the Centre Captain Erwin Bauwens was as solid as ever whilst Ian Thomas became my latest Wonderkid and also became my first full England International, providing cover was Towering Russian Sergey Kalashnikov and Ray Bristrow who is dubbed the new John Terry.

In the Defensive Midfield role Adam Rains importance cannot be understated whilst he doesn't get any headlines we really missed him when he was out injured at the start of the season, he just makes us so much more solid when he plays, it also didn't help that his understudy Chris Smith missed most of the season through injury, luckily Spanish youngster Andres who was signed from Real Madrid at the start of the season stepped in and he is looking like he could be a quality player, no idea why Real got rid of him.

In the centre of midfield I changed things around as Jerome Muraccioli came in as first choice on the right side of the trio and had a good season and with a change in training he is now actually able to last the full 90mins most of the time, with Muraccioli promoted Ricardo Sousa moved over to the left and he had a excellent season becoming my first Worldwide Reputation player and my most valued, providing cover was the promising Brazilian Eduardo who did well until injury ended his season, whilst the plan was to give English youngster Daniel Williams a chance this season but he missed the first half of the season through injury, in the end I was pretty much fielding anyone who was fit in the midfield.

In the Playmaker role Dario again ran the show and was in fine form beating Adam Hunters Man of the Match record that has stood since the first season he also set a new Average Rating Record, yet the Fans voted Airam Barba their Player of the Year? Providing cover was another Brazilian Carlinhos who also had a fine season and was just behind Dario with the assists, whilst Magnus Eikrem was given a couple of games so he set a new record of 344 League Appearances for Nantwich, I'm just waiting for him to retire and hopefully become a coach now.

Upfront Vladislav Dimitrov had a good season, however next season he will drop down to second choice as I need an experienced player to Captain the Second String, fortantley his replacement Antonio Costa was in fine form this season scoring a joint-record 25 goals, my other Spanish Striker Inaki Zelaia became a Wonderkid at just 19 this season however he missed the first half of the season through injury so by the time he got going the season was over, luckily Dutch Striker Ernst van Beek took his chance to try and win his place back with some fine performances in Europe and the cups, whilst French Striker Frank Schmidt didn't really impress despite becoming a Wonderkid last season whilst at Coventry and becoming a full French International he really needs to improve next season. On the plus side my Academy Striker Geoff Grant impressed when called upon and it looks like he might turn into a decent Target Man.

Best XI - Rotation continues to mess it up as Dario again goes down as my DM, whilst Kalashnikov is picked in defence ahead of Bauwens.

Overall XI - van Beek and Muraccioli get added to the side, whilst the likes of Abbes, Brogan, Byrne and Fitzharris are still hanging in.

Player Records - several records are broken this season, whilst we also came close to setting a new Top Scorer and Assists records.

Team Records - our 10 games won in a row and 16 games unbeaten are new records.

Overview - we managed over 100 goals this season.

Confidence - The Board think I am doing an unbelievable job.

Finances are looking good for a change, though nearly £20m Premier League Prize Money helped out

Facilities - earlier this season the board built a Youth Academy and gave us the best Youth Facilities possible, with the training facilities getting upgraded over the summer, the board also announced they were putting in another 8,000 seats which will take us past 25,000 capacity.

So next season we get to embark on our first Champions League campaign, and thankfully finishing second puts us straight into the Group Stage so we avoid drawing a major side in the Qualifiers.

The priority next season will be to enjoy the Champions League and hopefully qualify for Europe again as I don't think we are strong enough yet to compete with Utd for the title, whilst my first XI is strong, my covering players have potential but are lacking the experience needed at the moment.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th
2013/14        League Two                11th
2014/15        League Two                15th
2015/16        League Two                3rd              Promoted
2016/17        League One                1st              Promoted - Champions
2017/18        Championship              15th
2018/19        Championship              3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2019/20        Premier League            20th             Relegated
2020/21        Championship              9th
2021/22        Championship              1st             Promoted - Champions
2022/23        Premier League            9th             
2023/24        Premier League            8th             League Cup Winners
2024/25        Premier League            2nd             League Cup & FA Cup Winners

Well this should be interesting we have drawn Juventus, Porto and CSKA Sofia in the Champions League, so that's us finishing third at best then.

Though the Champions League money will be nice as when I noticed I could finaly attract promising english youngsters on normal wages I went a little crazy and spend £36m on about 20 promising youth players - 11 from English sides, 4 Scots and my first Italian among them, nearly all of them poached for compensation before their clubs could offer them a contract though they may cost me a fortune in the future as I have to pay everyone per league appearance for the first 40 games.

This now leaves my Nationality breakdown as:

ENG: 27

BRA: 14

SCO: 13

ESP: 5

RUS, FRA: 3

IRL, POR, SRB: 2

ARG, BEL, BUL, ITA, JAM, NED, NIR, NOR, TUR: 1

Starting again with Boreham Wood (hopefully) or anyone else I can find (if I get bored of reloading searching for them!). Anyone who wants to give me any help, please message me.

I love this challenge but I've only ever managed one promotion, and that was last year after about 15 attempts!

PS Anyone have a Boreham Wood Holiday Man save? I would prefer to start again from scratch...

Starting again with Boreham Wood (hopefully) or anyone else I can find (if I get bored of reloading searching for them!). Anyone who wants to give me any help, please add me on MSN luke_hearn@hotmail.co.uk

I love this challenge but I've only ever managed one promotion, and that was last year after about 15 attempts!

PS Anyone have a Boreham Wood Holiday Man save? I would prefer to start again from scratch...

This thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=192984 has a boreham wood save on it.

Hello all.

I have finally got a game started and am the Manager of Ashford (Middx). Screenshots of profile and personal pages to follow later today (at work at the mo :mad:). Made good progress after struggling with a 4-4-2. Switched to a 4-1-2-1-2 formation and have won 13 of 16 games in the league and got through to the FA Cup second round proper after beating Hereford away 3-2 in the first round.

More to follow!

Archived