dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this game! FA Cup 3rd Round, away to Premier League Middlesbrough with odds of 20-1 against us. By the 40th minute, things were looking grim at 3-0. A spirited 2nd half performance saw it to 3-2 with 5 minutes to go. My new striker coming off the bench to make his debut despite being unfit and he rifles in the equaliser. You simply couldn't script it!

Maidstone Season 10 Update 2019/20 - The Championship

Position - 6th

League Table

League Positions

So my first challenging season for some time, I got in some good players on a free and some good loans, I have still never paid a transfer fee for a player :D

I took some absolute hammerings this season from some of the bigger sides but sneaked a lot of 1-0 wins against the rest of the league and a late run of form saw me into the playoffs. I wanted to avoid Newcastle, they had hammered me twice and was drawn with Nottingham Forest a team I had recently beaten to get into the playoffs.

Semi Final 1st Leg - A comfortbale win but I hope the away goal wasnt going to haunt me, they play a strange formation which suits my style of play.

Semi Final 2nd Leg - Lost the game but did enough to see myself through to the final

The Final - was against an Oldham team who had beaten me and then I drew against, I was glad they had beaten Newcastle and was the form team going into the game. A goal in the 1st half gave me a good lead but they came back strong, I held in and nicked a very late goal at the death to put Maidstone into the top flight.

I probably have gone up a year earlier than I would like mainly because my stadium isnt finished and I dont really have any money, my current wage bill is about £20k (£7k over budget :D) so am hoping for a big boost to compete. I have a very good shortlist as all season I have been able to scout in Europe.

Star Player: Luis Alexandre

Squad

Finances

Transfer History

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Career Overview:

League         Season    Finished   Achievements
------------------------------------------------
BSS            2010/11   19th
BSS            2011/12   19th
BSS            2012/13   15th
BSS            2013/14   10th
BSS            2014/15   5th        Playoff Winners
BSP            2015/16   10th
BSP            2016/17   1st        FA Trophy
League 2       2017/18   1st        
League 1       2018/19   1st        JPT Trophy
Championship   2019/20   6th        Playoff Winners

Truro City FC - League 1 - 2020/21

Media Prediction: 23rd

Actual Position : 4th

Glory glory Truro City FC, first season back in League 1 and we've achieved consecutive promotions, and boy did we do it without any real setbacks. Were in and around the playoff spots from the beginning, signed some great players in January and went on to take 4th spot at a canter. Beat Norwich 5-3 on aggregate without ever really looking troubled in the Playoff semis, then took a comfortable enough 1 nil win over Milwall at Wembley, we're still in a 3000 capacity stadium so I think we're going to struggle in the Championship, both on the pitch and financially, but I couldn't be more enthused just to be there.

League Table

FA Cup

Thought Fulham would be more of a moneyspinner than it was tbh.

League Cup

Can't remember ever really doing anything in this, same this season.

JP Trophy

Really thought we could have won this, but got our revenge on Norwich when it really mattered.

Transfers

Completely reformed the squad, was shocked at the difference in the quality of players that were interested in joining me this year as opposed to last time out.

Squad

Really really good. If I can replace the weaker players with ones better than the ones I already have, I think I can formulate a squad for the Championship using most of the stronger 1s from this year.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        8th        None
2011/12   Blue Square South        4th        PlayOff Semi-Finals
2012/13   Blue Square South        3rd        PlayOff Runner Up
2013/14   Blue Square South        1st        Blue Square South Winners
2014/15   Blue Square Premier      13th       None
2015/16   Blue Square Premier      5th        PlayOff Winners
2016/17   League 2                 13th       None
2017/18   League 2                 2nd        Runners Up/Promotion
2018/19   League 1                 23rd       Relegated
2019/20   League 2                 2nd        Runners Up/Promotion
2020/21   League 1                 4th        Playoff Winners

Next Season

Stay up and establish ourselves as a big club.

Nuneaton Boro League 1 - 2014/15

Final league position: 5th

Apologies I dont know how to add renamed links :)

End table:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/Jaffak/League1.jpg

Squad:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/Jaffak/Squad.jpg

A very strange season, I seemed to win a whole shed load of games 1-0 and suffered some heavy betterings along the way to boot. Southend gave me a footballing lesson early on in the season with a 7-1 thumping! As you can see from my squad the goals were shared about, what little of them there were anyway. I must be the first team to finish in a playoff spot with a negative goal difference!!

Playoffs:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/Jaffak/Playofffinal.jpg

I managed to reach the final playing a very strong Port Vale side in the semi's and coming through 2-1 at home, and snatching a 1-1 draw away. I wasnt too optimistic at the thought of facing Southend truth be told, had a hammering off them as mentioned and on the previous 5 occasions I have played them, no victories for me!

The picture says it all really, bit gutted, but on reflection I dont feel I'm ready for the Championship, I struggled to score goals and had some very good fortune along the way. Bravo for building a determined squad of players I guess :)

Aim for next season is to build my team up and hopefully scrape the playoffs again! I'm going to be looking to get some more creative players in, and switch to a 442 with wingers, as at the moment I play a very solid 4132 with no widemen in midfield, I pack out the centre and battle. Might be a season of transition!

Nantwich Town – Premier League 2022/23 – Season 13

So after having won the Championship in style last season we finally returned to the Premier League.

The boards expectations were to hopefully avoid relegation this season, whilst the bookies gave us no chance with odds of 5,000-1 and the media predicted we'd finish rock bottom again.

Though I was confident we would do better this season - my players had had two seasons in the Championship to gel, learn english and develop, which was rather fortunate as we didn't have much money and were still paying off the transfer fees from my first foray into the Premiership.

Transfers - the priorities this season were a quality Defensive Midfielder and a proven Goalscorer - Striker wise I picked up Juventus' Bulgarian Striker Yordan Georgiev for £4.5m who I'd been tracking for a while (he turned me down to go to Juventus in the first place, and spent the last two seasons turning down loan moves to me) and for the Midfield I captured Bolton's Cultured DM Adam Rains for a club record £11.5m and he was quite the coup for the club as he had a Continental Reputation (my first) should boost our Reputation, I also poached his protege 17yo Chris Smith from Bolton, whilst Promising English Centre-Back Ian Thomas was signed from Huddersfield, my other summer signings were three Brazilians on pre-arranged transfers who joined after turning 18.

It really is to tempting to sign Brazilian youngsters most of them have low release fees and want little wages, the only draw back is most of them cannot settle for the first 18mths but if you buy them for the future that is less of an issue.

Summer sales saw a couple of unhappy players leave the club for hefty profits - Argentine Midfielder Mauro Esteve left for West Ham after moaning, whilst David Lacey went to Moscow for an insane £19m after he tried to bleed me dry with his wage demands and finally Brazilian Centre-Back Maninho joined Leicester after moaning.

Then in January I went a little crazy - Promising Brazilian Centre-Back Geova and Promising English Midfielder Daniel Williams were normal signings, whilst I spent close to £6m on Sevilla's Towering Spanish Striker Antonio Costa to give me another Target Man upfront and then I smashed my Transfer Record spending £23m on Athletic's 17yo Spanish Striker Inaki Zelaia - it's a lot of money for a 17yo but when you consider his attributes at this age he really is going to be an immense Striker who will hopefully lead the line for the 15 years. (I wish my youth players would get generated into the game like this).

So with me nearly bankrupting the club in the Transfer Market we really couldn't afford to get relegated again.

We got off to a mixed start in the league losing 1-0 to Spurs and Watford but beating Villa 2-0 and drawing 0-0 with West Ham and Burnley - my 4-1-3-2 Counter-attacking formation made us strong defensively but we struggled to attack and we were also starting to get exposed down the wings so I changed to a 4-4-2 formation that brought a 3-0 win over Peterborough but defeats to Fulham and Liverpool followed and a switch to a defensive 4-1-4-1 formation was even worse as we went 2-0 down to Man City within 30mins, but a switch to 4-1-3-2 Defensive with the two wide midfielders deployed as Support CMs turned things around and we claimed a famous 3-2 victory and we followed that with a 1-0 away win over Arsenal and victories against Wolves and Ipswich which saw us quickly claim the table.

We suffered a blip in December as we suffered close defeats to Chelsea, Newcastle and Spurs, but beat Everton and came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Man Utd.

In January we refound our form and with four wins in five games we were somehow sat fourth in the League (!) - largely due to the fact that we'd played more games than the teamss below us, but in February we dropped back down to mid-table after suffering defeats to Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal.

In March we restored some pride by thrasing a Bolton side chasing a Champions League place 3-0 and a 1-1 draw against Wolves made us all but safe from Relegation a fact that was confirmed when we beat West Brom the week after 1-0 thanks to a 95th minute goal for Dimitrov.

With our Premier League status secured I started to rest people and that resulted in a thrilling 3-3 draw against Ipswich, narrow 1-0 defeats to Newcastle and Chelsea, a 3-1 win over Everton with Spanish Striker Costa grabbing a hat-trick, before we finished the season with a 4-0 mauling at Old Trafford.

Table - We finished in an impressive 9th place and to make things just a little sweeter we finished above Liverpool. Our defence was impressive this season only conceeding 37 goals - 10 of which were in our last five games - keeping 15 clean sheets.

POS Graph - Once we got going we were relatively safe and we can hopefully build on this next year.

The end of the season was made rather interesting by the fact that Sunderland went into Administration after the 37th game which relegated them and saved a Wolves side who were all but relegated. Whilst at the same time my board took out a £12m loan as we were £12m in the red - I was losing ~£1m a month mainly due to transfer fees, the signing of Zelaia also sent me into the red as most of it was upfront - the timing of the loan was a litle silly as next week we were awarded £12m in prize money and about £500K worth of transfer fee's were due to end over the summer so the loan really wasn't needed, though going into Admin wouldn't have been nice.

Squad

Irish Keeper Alan Dolan had a fine season, the only problem is his poor handling that results in him spilling the ball at times, though he is better than Michael Palmer who again failed to impress and will be sold once I find a replacement.

In Defence Portuguese Right Back Pedro Leite became my second Wonderkid and had another fine season, whilst on the left Airam Barba had another solid season winning Fans Player of the Year for the third year in a row with Hicham Hadji again providing cover for him.

Pedro Leite was named English Young Player of the Year with Airam Barba runner-up.

In the Centre of Defence Belgian Erwin Bauwens was promoted to Captain, and with age catching up to Ryan Shawcross (who retired at the end of the season) several players were given a chance to partner him, first up was new signing Ian Thomas who at just 18 is rated as my best defender and he was immense until the pressure got to him and I was forced to drop him, next up was Towering Russian Centre-Back Sergey Kalashnikov who made a good start but his inability to speak English let him down, so Carlos Perez was given another chance after impressing in the cups.

New Signing Adam Rains came in as my new Defensive Midfielder and had a solid season, providing cover was Scotsman Gary Alexander who is dubbed the new Graeme Souness and English Youngster Chris Smith who is touted as the next Owen Hargreaves.

In the Centre of Midfield I kept faith with Promising Portuguese Midfielder Ricardo Sousa who had a solid season apart from his awful ability with long shots, providing cover for him was the experienced Brazilian Denilson, on the left hand side was Argentine Jose Bogado who had a good season and providing cover was Frenchman Jerome Muraccioli who also had a good season despite largely being used as a sub.

In the Centre deployed as my Advanced Playmaker was Brazilian Dario who was again in fine form and has taken to his central role rather impressively.

Upfront Bulgarian Vladislav Dimitrov lead the line as my Target Man grabbing a rather good 15 goals he also becomes my second Continental Reputation player, providing cover was Promising Brazilian Striker Abelardo who could be the new Ronaldo and Towering Spanish Striker Antonio Costa. Partnering Dimitrov was fellow Bulgarian Yordan Georgiev who was deployed as a Trequartista to link up play and he made a good start however his inability to jump proved to be a problem as my side repeatedly knocked balls up in the air for him which he had no chance of winning :(Ernst van Beek also had the same problem and with us playing defensively I needed a Striker who could drop deep to link up play otherwise my Strikers were isolated and that is one of the reasons I signed Inaki Zelaia who was deployed as a Deep Lying Support Forward, and whilst he hasn't scored yet he made a good start the main problem (and it nearly always seems a problem with Jan signings) was getting him match fit and hopefully he'll make a big impact next season.

Best XI - About right apart from the midfield where Dario is apparently now a DM?

Overal XI

Carling Cup - In the Second Round we destroyed Walsall 4-0 before kocking out Liverpool with a 1-0 win, however our run was ended by Bolton who snatched a 3-2 win in Extra Time.

FA Cup - We had a rather exciting FA Cup run this season in the Third Round we beat Burnley 3-2 thanks to a 93rd minute goal from Centre-Back Ian Thomas, whilst in the Fourth Round we beat WBA by the same score this time giving away a 2-0 lead before Dimitrov scored a 94th minute winner, before going out to Spurs 1-0 in the Fifth Round.

Stadium Expansion despite telling me all season they wouldn't expand the ground at the end of the season the board announced they were putting another ~6000 seats in bringing our capacity to about 20,000 at a cost of £7m which was funded by my chairman giving us a gift of £7m which I think is the first time I have ever actually been given anything by a Chairman.

Whilst the Sponsorship league continues to show how out of our depth we are - the average sponsorship earned in the Premier League is £9m we earn £160K (0.1% of the total Sponsorship generated by the league went to us) :(

Yet somehow the club is worth £68m which sees us enter the World Rich list at 40th making us richer than the likes of CSKA Moscow, LA Galaxy, Werder, Lazio and Boca!

Manager Profile - it randomly increased to World Class during the Season and hopefully it will allow me to attract some better players to the club.

So the plan for next season is to hopefully stay up and cement our place in the League, a European Place would be nice but stabilizing the club is the most important thing.

Transfer wise the priority is a new Keeper and if I can find one a new centre midfielder to add some depth, but with money tight I'm not that hopefully of getting anyone otherwise it's a case of using my scouting network to spot any Promising Youngsters and hope they are interested in signing for me.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th
2013/14        League Two                11th
2014/15        League Two                15th
2015/16        League Two                3rd              Promoted
2016/17        League One                1st              Promoted - Champions
2017/18        Championship              15th
2018/19        Championship              3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2019/20        Premier League            20th             Relegated
2020/21        Championship              9th
2021/22        Championship              1st             Promoted - Champions
2022/23        Premier League            9th             

So attempts to sign a new keeper didn't go that well, it took ages to locate a couple of Keepers better than mine who were interested in signing for me however their clubs just wouldn't sell them :( In the end I signed Experienced Jamican Keeper Dwayne Miller on a free, and an 18yo Brazilian Keeper with an Argentine and Serbian joining over the next couple of years when they turn 18.

One of the Keepers I was looking at is an English Wonderkid at West Ham who Wolves released on a free two years back, I bet they regret that decision now.

Another thing that is starting to annoy me is youth players having no intention of signing for me, and then a week later signing for another Premiership club, I even get rejected by League Two players which makes my attempt to sign more English players a failure.

My current (First) Nationality breakdown is (excluding my youth players):

ENG: 12

BRA: 11

ESP, SCO: 5

FRA, IRL, RUS: 3

BUL, POR: 2

ARG, BEL, JAM, NED, NIR, NOR, PER: 1

I've got 5 more Brazilians arriving over the next two years when they turn 18, if any of them ever get capped by Brazil I may be in trouble.

On the plus side we have started the new season in form winning our first four games whilst my two new Spanish Strikers from last season have already learnt English and have two goals from two games each :cool:

I'm fully aware I haven't updated in a WHILE but I have been busy. Anyways here's the latest installment for you :)

Canvey Island 2014/15 Report - CCL1

the rise continues?

3 straight promotions, far more than I would've thought possible at this stage, automatically made our media prediction to be bottom, with our pre-season odds somewhat optimistic at 40-1. Though given our exploits in past seasons it wasn't impossible...

League - Positions -

Well it was a nice introduction to L1 football, beating Grimsby 3-0 to send us top after the opening game, but reality hit us hard, failing to score in the next 3 league games - our longest blank streak. Some indifferent form, losing games we shouldn't but winning wins we had no right as well, led us to an almost stable position by January. An 11 game unbeaten run led us to an outside chance of a play-off spot. Despite a poor defeat at Stockport, we were in the weird situation of being outside the play-offs with 1 game to go, but a win of any sort was all I would need as Brighton hosted West Brom in the final game.

Despite dominating the final game, away to Scunthorpe, our lack of composure, and a somewhat unbelievable goalkeeper display, showed throughout, and we missed out on the play-offs. Interesting how the play-off final was a repeat of the Brighton-West Brom game from the last league game of the season.

Cups

FA Cup

1st rd - Canvey Island 5-0 Matlock

2nd rd - Canvey Island 1-0 Cambridge Utd

3rd rd - Wycombe 1-3 Canvey Island

4th rd - Canvey Island 0-2 Liverpool

Quite an easy run to the third round for a change :eek: Simply outclassed by Liverpool, could have and really should have been a lot more.

Carling Cup

1st rd - Canvey Island 8-0 Coventry (of the CCC) :eek:

2nd rd - Canvey Island 1-0 Leicester

3rd rd - Tottenham 9-0 Canvey Island

The good, the keeper masterclass and the absolute awful in order there...

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

South 1st rd - Gillingham 2-2 Canvey Island (9-8 pens)

Should have buried the game in the first half, but when it comes down to keepers taking pens it was always going to be a lottery

Squad (1)(2)

Interesting to note that no-one got near the 100% appearance mark this season, though the fact I actually changed keepers mid-way through the season may have been part of that.

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)

2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne MC

2011/12 - Chris Todd DC

2012/13 - Scott Smith DL

2013/14 - Dean Lodge AMR

2014/15 - Dean Hammond MC (1)(2) - Any player that can come into the side, outplay the fan's favourite and have a fantastic last 15 games of the season is always going to be a front-runner for this award.

Transfers - As far as I'm aware, I still haven't spent a single penny on transfer fees, though I am coming close to the limit on good players available on free transfers now. Slightly dissapointed in Hinshelwood and Smith jumping ship in January when they were first choice but that's their decision I suppose.

Finances - Another season of relying on transfer funds to keep the year's balance in the black, though I suppose staying in the same division means I can try and curb the wages a bit, even though I'm nearly £3k p/w inside the wage budget...

Confidence - Staying away from the drop all season helps a lot in keeping the board happy. Also, I can't remember the last time I had the squad harmony as 'good' for a consistent period of time. Not like I'm complaining at all...

History

2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals

2011/12 - BSS: 1st

2012/13 - BSP: 1st

2013/14 - CCL2: 1st

2014/15 - CCL1: 7th

The Trophy Cabinet

Blue Square South - 2011/12

Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14

Aims for next season: I'm unsure about next season; we have numbers in depth but not too much quality which needs to be addressed before we can think about comepeting in the Championship, but my first choice team is of the quality to be targeted by mid-table CCC sides so a promotion push is almost a neccesity.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2046/47

The Champions League was still our big target as we looked to put the final loss of last season behind us.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was a strange season as Man City led the way early on before losing the plot. We overtook them and raced clear only to also lose the plot, allowing Stoke to catch up. In typical style, Stoke also lost the plot allowing us to win the league with a tiny points total.

Community Shield - Man City were just too good for us.

Carling Cup - it was a mixed team but we were unlucky to lose to West Ham.

FA Cup - the run to the final was hard work, so this loss felt even worse.

UEFA Champions League - no problems in the group stage and a great win over Man City made me think it was our year. In the semi final, Inter fluked the first leg meaning we had to go and attack them away from home, which didn't work.

Squad - it is getting frustrating, but the potential is still there. The kids look great when they come through, but they are not the world class players I'm hoping for.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - not really a great return from our top scorer.

Andy Greenhouse - superb stuff from the midfielder, who looks like he's got a lot more in him.

Billy Brazil - he struggles to find the net but he seems to be setting up quite a few goals.

George Aston - he's still only 16 but he had a good season, one for the future.

Julian Cockerill - I'm not sure why I worried so much about our wingers, I just wish I'd played him earlier.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists

Next Season

We ended the season with an awful run of form, with one win, one draw and seven losses in our last nine games with us scoring in just two of them. If that carries on then winning the Champions League looks completely out of the question.

I'm not having much luck with injuries this season, I currently have four of my six Strikers out injured, with the latest two being injured in the Carling Cup against Newcastle where I was forced to play most of the game with a 15yo upfront and due to injuries he was forced to play extra-time upfront on his own :(

I've also lost my latest Wonderkid Sousa for eight weeks due to injury aswell - his Wonderkid status seemed to be a token gesture as he gained it a week before his 21 birthday which is when you lose Wonderkid status :(

All these injuries are likely to undo our good start to the season where we are third in the league after 7 games with six wins and one draw (a 0-0 against bottom club Wolves).

Boston United FC - Blue Square North - 2010/11

Hopefully you won't mind this information being taken a bit further into the season, I forgot to get a screenshot when I started.

Personal Info

Game Status

This Season

Media Prediction: 16th

Aims: Mid-table and lay foundations for future seasons. Hopefully a decent cup-run.

League Table - We made an ok start to the season but had bad runs around November and January. We were never really in contention for the playoffs or for relegation and ended the season with 3 straight defeats to finish 13th. Quite pleased with the final position.

League Positions Graph

Season Summary

Best Eleven- Weir-Daley should be up front instead of Chamberlain with his goalscoring record and also there is an argument for Speare having a better season in goal than Fairley.

FA Cup - Lost in 2nd Qualifying Round at home to non-league Harlow. Very disappointing.

FA Trophy - Lost 5-0 away to Eastwood who finished 10th in the BSN. Disappointed to lose, very disappointed with the scoreline.

Transfers - I got rid of nearly everyone and brought in a whole new squad so I didn't expect promotion because time would be needed for everyone to gel.

Squad - I am pleased with the current squad but have a few areas to improve, I need a defensive midfielder and a centre-back and possibly a goalkeeper. I would also like a standout player (new signing Pedro Moutinho looks like he could be that player) who can make the difference between mid-table and promotion.

Finances - As you can see we are getting into quite a bit of debt so could really do with promotion or a cup-run or both.

Key Player Profiles:

Spencer Weir-Daley - Just about the only player I kept that was already at Boston when I joined. Finished season as club top-scorer and joint 2nd top-scorer in the league.

James Keatings - Fan's Player of the Season. Creative force behind many of Weir-Daley's goals. Finished season with more assists than anyone else in the league.

Rossi Jarvis - Signed from Braintree on a free. Used as a creative central midfielder and weighed in with a few goals and assists.

Career Overview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url="http://www.community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5114322&postcount=7020"]2010/11[/url]   Blue Square North        13th         None

Aims For Next Season

Improve the squad

Make the playoffs

Good cup-run

After several months off I'm returning to FM10 and this challenge. I'm picking up with Oxford City in 2015 in League 2, with us sitting precariously on top of the relegation zone with 6 games to go. The question is: can we stay up?

I'm looking set for 3 straight promotions now. 30 games into League Two and the Urchins lead the way on 72 points. 2nd placed Aldershot are on 55 and 4th place (top non-automatic promotion position) is Bournemouth on 53. So essentially I have a lead of 19 points on them.

That isn't even taking into consideration my GD of +55. Next best is +17!

Now all I need is some form of stadium upgrade. 3000 just won't cut it anymore!!!

*waves*

I'm back, again. Still trying to back up my first title success with Canvey. 22 games into the league campaign and we've scored 72 goals :cool:

Hi Terk :)

11 games gone in League One and we're 7th, one spot outside the playoffs. Not a clue where we'll actually end up though, we seem to be a random results generator at the minute!

MikaelS - Chippenham - End of Season 6 (2015/2016)

CCC Prediction - 16th

CCC Position - 1st

FA Cup - Lost in 4th Round (v Arsenal)

League Cup - Lost in 3rd Round (v Arsenal)

CCC (1st) - League Table | League Graph

CCC Summary

I great season overall. I struggled in the beginning but I think the players settled in and they played quite consistent.

Domestic Cups

Cups are still a laugh allthough I managed a few decent results.

League Cup

FA Cup

Best Elevens - Overall | Season

Record Sheet - Player Records | Team Records

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Team Info

Information Overview

Information Stats

Information Facts

Information Stadium/Facilities

Other Info

Player Selection

Finances

Wages

Transfers

Affiliated Clubs

Staff 1 | Staff 2

Players of the Season

Marco Wölfli - he was brought in to provide some experience and I think it did the trick. The defence were more stable and allthough he did play most matches, Boucher still got a few and I consider him a man for the future.

Norbert Costa - A solid season. He was the backbone of my defense.

Davide Enrico Somma - He still performs fantastic. 15 goals as right midfielder.

Roberto Giordano - He took over where Tudur-Jones left of. A solid season providing assists and goals.

Gökhan Töre - A good season from Töre who spent half the matches as striker and the other half as attacking midfielder.

David - He has fantastic stats but strangely enough provides more assists than goals. I tried a 4-4-1-1 tactic in order to get him to score more. I don't think it did the trick. But he's a great prospect.

Players to watch

Haraldur Albertsson - A very promising midfielder. Unfortunately he god injured for 3 months so I couldn't play him.

Mikel Fuentes - he looks good for the AMC position. He got a few matches and hopefully he can get some more.

Simone Russo - A good season from him. A very versatile player.

Youth players worth watching

Jeff Grant - Profile | Report

Chippenham Awards

David got Fans Player of the Year

Player on CCC Team of the Season - 3

Mikael Schøler got CCC Manager of the Year

Chippenham News

New expansion to the stadium - 1250 seats

Youth and training facilities cancelled

New kit sponsorship, worth 4.25mill per annum

Season Summary

A great improvement to last seasons 8th spot. I now look forward to PL where the only goal is survival. Not exactly true though, as I have to keep the finances in check. stadium expansion and board takeover problems puts the numbers in the red.

Game Summary

Season         League                   Position                  Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4299228&postcount=2894"]2010/11[/url]        Blue Square South        1st place (105 points)    Division Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4567738&postcount=4239"]2011/12[/url]        Blue Square Premier      1st place (113 points)    Division Champions, FA Trophy
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4691632&postcount=5011"]2012/13[/url]        Coca-Cola League 2       1st place (103 points)    Division Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4972840&postcount=6787"]2013/14[/url]        Coca-Cola League 1       5th place (77 points)     Promoted via playoffs
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5029850&postcount=6922"]2014/15[/url]        Coca-Cola Championship   8th place (71 points)
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5117383&postcount=7025"]2015/16[/url]        Coca-Cola Championship   1st place (99 points)     Division Champions

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2047/48

Last season was a disappointment, with a terrible run at the end of the season resulting in a cup final defeat.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We pretty much led from start to finish as the quality at the top seemed much better this year.

Community Shield - a horrible way to lose.

Carling Cup - we were unlucky to lose to Spurs.

FA Cup - it was a shock win to the eventual winners in Pompey.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was hard work but we managed to top it. The knockout stages seemed a breeze, with only Lyon managing to score against us. The final was a nervy affair, but was settled by a superb goal from Paul Moran.

Squad - a bit like last season, it is disappointing to see the highly rated youngsters not really becoming superstars but they are good enough to play at the top level.

Transfers - a bit of action this year as I cashed in on a couple of squad players.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - at last I've got a striker capable of 30 goals.

Andy Greenhouse - not too many goals but lots of assists.

Brian Brown - the club captain had another great year.

George Aston - he is going to be a star, described as a wonderkid already.

Julian Cockerill - he wants to leave so I may have to cash in on him this summer.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners

Next Season

With the Premier League and Champions League won with an all-T&M squad, my aims have been achieved, anything more now is a bonus. I've still got my targets with England to achieve but it does leave me thinking about what to do next. Do I carry on with the all-T&M squad or do I go back into the transfer market?

SnakeXe's Tiverton Town - Season 4 - 2013/14

Story of the Season:

After a good summer, involving a (boring) board takeover with no investment, and some decent signings, I was feeling happy at the start of the season. But after 3 straight promotions under my management, and 4 straight for the club, surely the momentum had to run out soon?

It certainly looked that way at the start of the season, after winning the opening 3 gave way to a 6 game win-less run. Results began to pick up, no doubt helped by the fact that we bombed out of each cup at the earliest opportunity, and we looked strong for a promotion challenge with two thirds of the season gone.

Disaster struck with a really poor run of 4 losses in 5, and I was getting worried about dropping out of the playoffs, let alone securing an automatic spot. However, an experimental change in tactics between our 4-4-2 which we'd been using up until now, to a 4-1-2-3 led to an extraordinary run of results, and we secured a playoff spot with 3 games to go.

We were in pole position for an automatic promotion now, but we had a head-to-head against Leicester City in the penultimate game, who were running us close. We won the game before that clash, but so did they, meaning if we won, we'd be up as Champions, but if we lost, we were in danger of slipping out of the playoff spots.

We took the lead in the first half through Jabuti, and it stayed like that until half time, with the tie finely balanced. Brown equalised for Leicester early in the second half, before Victor Anichebe made it 2-1 to the Tivvy a matter of minutes later. We were just 10 minutes from winning League One, but Yann Kermorgant equalised in the 83rd minute to break our hearts.

That is, until Anichebe lashed in a winner 4 minutes later to fire us to a 4th consecutive promotion!!

We approached our irrelevant last match in the mood to entertain, and we didn't disappoint the fans, with a 5-2 destruction of Rotherham.

I extended my run of consecutive Manager of the Year wins to 4, whilst Cody Arnoux, our American striker claimed goal of the season with an exquisite lob from the half-way line.

Even better news, our board decided to actually build a new stadium before spannering around in the Premier League with a 250 attendance for 12 months :thup:

Next Season:

I really don't think our squad is ready for an assault on the Championship, so staying up has to be the aim. Also, I'd love to not do awfully in the FA Cup for once :)

5 Most Important Players:

5. Anton Peterlin MC - Hard to believe we signed him when we were favourites to be relegated in the Blue Square Premier, and he's dominating League One midfields. True Tiverton legend

4. Aaran Racine DC - Another quality season in our defence - I don't think it'll ever be our strong point, but he certainly makes it much less rubbish than it used to be

3. Victor Anichebe ST - Brilliant signing for us at this level, my great memories of his two-season indian summer at Merthyr last time through meant that I snapped him up when the scouts claimed we could have him for £60k. Really grew into his role despite a slow start, which is only to be expected for a January signing really

2. Jabuti FC - Still scoring the goals at this level, he really is quite incredible. Not our main man any more, but an indispensable member of the squad

1. Oniforos Roushias ST - A great signing, he really dominated League One defences with his physical presence, and added a new dimension to our play

At a Glance:

League One - 1st, Promoted as Champions

FA Cup - 1st Round Replay (lost v Bradford)

League Cup - 1st Round (lost v Ipswich)

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Southern Second Round (lost v Gillingham)

Transfers - Made £184k

History:

Season   League               Pos  Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Blue Square South    1st  Promoted as Champions
2011/12  Blue Square Premier  1st  Promoted as Champions, FAT Runners Up
2012/13  League Two           5th  Promoted through Playoffs
2013/14  League One           1st  Promoted as Champions

Tiverton 100 Club:

Name                Position  Era            Apps  Goals  Ave. Rating
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jabuti              FC        2010-Present    175    148         7.48
Anton Peterlin      MC        2011-Present    136      8         7.08
Craig Gray          AML       2010-Present    113      6         7.09
Dale Bennett        DRC       2011-Present    110      0         6.95
Kyle Letheren       GK        2010-Present    109      0         6.84
Alex MacDonald      AMR/ST    2011-Present    104     21         6.88
Kevin Little        AMRLC     2010-Present    101     13         6.93

England - European Championship - 2048

This was the first campaign for the England team made up entirely of T&M youth system players. Qualification was interesting, with 9 wins out of 10 not being enough to top the group!

We went into the playoff against a Poland side we should have beaten easily. The first leg went to plan with a convincing win and the second leg was just a case of making sure nothing silly happened, which it didn't.

The group draw for the European Championship put us in with Belgium, Norway and Spain. This is not an easy group, I think we would be doing well just to finish second behind Spain. We were dealt a massive blow just before the tournament with our top striker, Paul Moran getting injured during the Champions League final and missing the tournament completely. Can Brazil do it for England?

Belgium vs England (group stage)

Last time I played in this competition I lost in the group stage, with Belgium. It wasn't spectacular, but we got the job done thanks to a great performance by Andy Greenhouse. Elsewhere, Norway and Spain drew, which could be a great result for us.

England vs Norway (group stage)

It was another solid win as forgotten striker Brian Jones stepped inot the pivotal role. There was a shock elsewhere as belgium beat Spain 1-0, meaning we have qualified top of the group already.

Spain vs England (group stage)

The only motivation for this game was to make sure Spain did not qualify, we tried but failed.

Final Group Table

Despite our loss to Spain, Belgium got the result they needed to qualify. The quarter final draw was kind to us as Italy finished 3rd in their group, meaning we face Switzerland.

England vs Switzerland (quarter final)

We dominated early on but just couldn't find a goal, so things looked bleak when Craig Sills fumbled the ball into his own net. Billy Brazil hit an almost instant equaliser with his firt goal of the tournament, then Julian Cockerill sealed the win in extra time. We now face Germany in the semi final, I just hope it doesn't happen again.

England vs Germany (semi final)

Things were looking good as we took the lead, but we then lost the plot completely. With nine men we battled hard but just couldn't deal with the German attacks. Gutted.

The final was interesting as the mighty Ukraine once again upset the odds.

International Career Overview

Year      Country          Competition                 Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030      Italy            FIFA World Cup              Winners
2032      Turkey           European Championship       Quarter Finals
2033      Spain            Confederations Cup          Finalists
2034      Spain            FIFA World Cup              Winners
2035      Brazil           Copa América                Semi Finalists
2038      Nigeria          Cup of Nations              Winners
2038      Nigeria          FIFA World Cup              Group Stage
2040      Czech Republic   European Championship       Qualifying playoff
2041      Serbia           Confederations Cup          4th place
2042      Serbia           FIFA World Cup              3rd place
2044      Belgium          European Championship       Group Stage
2046      Russia           FIFA World Cup              Group Stage
2048      England          European Championship       Semi Finalists

Next Season

Thankfully, the FA have decided to let me stay on, so my aim is to try once again with the all-T&M squad at the 2050 World Cup in Argentina. My qualifying group looks decent enough, we should be able to top that. We suffered with a lack of quality up front in this tournament, so with the return of Paul Moran I think we've got a chance.

Hello all!!

Congrats on the fantastic progress you lot have been making on here. I have been way out of the loop since FM2010 came out but am back now!

Am downloading the new patch and will get set and update with my personal introduction to the challenge once again later tonight.. (my pc only has 1 star rating for performance! So it could be a while!)

So we're 2-0 down at home, down to 10 men, and only have 10 minutes left...

No problem :cool:

First season in the Premier League and get this epic result :cool:

Result

Niiiiice :thup:

Championship is proving much harder for Tiverton, haven't picked up a single point on the road, but I'm P6 W4 D1 L1 at home so that's keeping me out of trouble. The team is rubbish even for League One, and I have no budget to improve it as the new stadium has crippled our finances. Definitely a season of consolidation at best :(

Kingstonian season review 2024/25

Prediction-8th

Final position-16th

Am gonna say sorry right at the start for the lack of screenshots, can't upload them because of internet problems at home so am doing this from work!

This was my fourth season in the premiership, after finishing 6th in my first 2 seasons, winning the FA Cup in my second season, then 7th last year, I was hoping to push on and maybe snatch 4th place.

I had also changed my formation from a 4-1-2-3 to a barca style 4-3-3 with a method of building a Barca type team (yes I know, ambitious!)

This was also to be our first season in our brand new 24543 seated stadium (sadly called "the kingstonian stadium")

We had a solid start (and 100% home record) and by jan 1st we were 2nd in the league just 3 points behind wolves and a point clear of 3rd place liverpool, we were then knocked out of the FA cup by reading in a replay and didn't win another game all season! The goals dried up and no matter what I did, we couldn't win.

All in all, it was a very poo season, and am thinking of going back to the formation that took me from league one to europe, also gonna have to overhaul my squad as I think I need that one big money signing that will take me to the next level, but don't like spending big cash unless I know the player will turn out to be great-lots of scouting for me this summer, I also am struggling to bring in English players for a reasonable price

2 updates on the same page, where has everyone gone??

Canvey Island 2015/16 Report - CCL1

the half-italian job

After missing out on the playoffs last season by a measly point, actually was a goal when thinking about it, and with a very strong squad; the media, as per usual, naturally predicted we would regress this season. At least they didn't pick us to be relegated I suppose... Pre-season odds were just a bit outside what they were last season, again somewhat surprising.

League - Positions -

Well we didn't get too bad of a start with 10 points from the opening 12 before embarking on a 5 game streak without a win. 7 straight wins afterwards however left us firmly in the chase for promotion.

A minor blip, 1 point from the next 2, were soon forgotten with another 6 game unbeaten run left us at the top of the table at Christmas, and on course for 100 goals in the league just. That was before a 3-2 home defeat, our first of the season, vs Rochdale which led us to be consistently inconsistent. Away draws had been our achilles heel so far and another vs Southampton, due to a 93rd min equaliser, was our 5th along with our 3 defeats already on the road; not championship winning material.

From there on in, however, we turned up the heat and started scoring for fun. Unbeaten in the final 17 games of the season, including 3 more high-scoring away draws, not only helped secure the league with 3 games left, but also helped us, just, over the 100 point mark for the season.

Also, it was almost saddening to see pre-season favourites Portsmouth not only fail to finish top half, or even survive, but to finish bottom of the league :eek:

Cups

FA Cup

1st rd - Canvey Island 3-0 Barnsley

2nd rd - Swindon 1-2 Canvey Island

3rd rd - Canvey Island 2-2 Wigan

3rd rd rep - Wigan 3-1 Canvey Island

Progressivley harder games, Barnsley struggling to stay off the foot in L1 whilst Swindon were ripping up L2, throughout. We could've and should've knicked the home game vs Wigan but fought bravely in the replay. Wigan got relegated from the EPL this season so revenge in the Championship may be taken...

Carling Cup

1st rd - Rushden 1-3 Canvey Island

2nd rd - Canvey Island 2-3 Birmingham

We had no right to be that close to Birmingham, our keeper getting MoM is all you need to know about the game, but even so we missed a glorious chance to make it 3-3 in stoppage time.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

South 1st rd - BYE

South 2nd rd - Leyton Orient 1-3 Canvey Island

South QF - Canvey Island 6-2 Forest Green

South SF - Millwall 0-3 Canvey Island

South F Leg 1 - Canvey Island 2-2 Bristol Rovers

South F Leg 2 - Bristol Rovers 1-0 Canvey Island (agg 3-2)

Not the easiest route through, considering where Leyton and Millwall ended up at the end of the season. Silly to concede twice in the home leg and careless not to create anything of note in the away leg.

Squad (1)(2)

Quite clear to see who the first choice, rotated players and back-ups were this season. Interesting to note that my two main strikers can score loads when paired with Agard but less so when paired with each other :rolleyes:

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)

2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne MC

2011/12 - Chris Todd DC

2012/13 - Scott Smith DL

2013/14 - Dean Lodge AMR

2014/15 - Dean Hammond MC

2015/16 - Luciano Napoli ST (1)(2)

I've resisted the urge to nominate a striker until now, and to be honest I could've named my keeper, either centre backs or right back this season. Anyhow, how I managed to scoop him, with the benefit of a trial, I don't understand with stats like those. Makes me worry what monsters Chievo (his former club) have if they can afford to let him go on a free.

Transfers - I've somehow gone another season without spending a penny, and that £4m income from selling is fantastic for a L1 club. Still the sheer amount of players wanting to leave in January, which led to the sells of Fleming, Rowe and Williams, is worrying.

Finances - Almost £4.5m transfer income throughout the year and I still made less of a profit than last year :o. Very worried about our finances as I know one more promotion will require a new stadium which we can't afford for a while I think.

Confidence - It has taken 6 seasons, but finally there is unrest in the squad. Maybe my Italians don't get along with everyone else :rolleyes: Though half of those complaning will be leaving in the summer so it may go back up...

History

2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals

2011/12 - BSS: 1st

2012/13 - BSP: 1st

2013/14 - CCL2: 1st

2014/15 - CCL1: 7th

2015/16 - CCL1: 1st

The Trophy Cabinet

Blue Square South - 2011/12

Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14

Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16

Aims for next season: Survival basically. Lower european clubs are sniffing around Mancini and Napoli so keeping at least one of those is a neccessity. Our defence had a habit, especially late in the season, of keeping games close (e.g. we almost lost a 5-1 lead with only 20 mins remaining, drawing 4-4 whilst leading 4-1) so improvements there could be made as well.

I know it's gone quiet :(

It's a shame. I can remember last year it was a new page every day, even later on in the year.

Kiev have started the bidding war for Napoli at £1.4m. How close to my asking price of £3m will they get until the board inevitably step in? :rolleyes:

I've got my 2013/14 update from League One coming up tomorrow :D

I think I got more points than midgetram but not quite as many goals, however I got a Spanish striker on 1st January and he managed to come 2nd top scorer in the division!

It's a shame. I can remember last year it was a new page every day, even later on in the year.

Kiev have started the bidding war for Napoli at £1.4m. How close to my asking price of £3m will they get until the board inevitably step in? :rolleyes:

Perhaps it's just a lull with people still on holiday for Easter/recovering from chocolate overdoses :p

I'd set his asking price to something ridiculous like £15m if you want to dissuade other clubs bidding :)

Perhaps it's just a lull with people still on holiday for Easter/recovering from chocolate overdoses :p

I'd set his asking price to something ridiculous like £15m if you want to dissuade other clubs bidding :)

FM is my cure to chocolate overdoses though :rolleyes:

I would set his price higher but I kinda need the money, promotion means 25% wage jump for everyone and I'll be amazed if I break-even this season unless I get around £6-7m in transfer funds.

Aario - Season 4 (2013-2014) - League 2 - 12th - Johnston Paint Trophy Semis

Overview

First season as a pro club and first season in the Football League was fairly successful. Managed to be safe in mid table and also had a decent run in one of the cups.

League

A poor start had us looking over our shoulder for the first 6 months or so (and fearing the bookies may have been right!) but I was always confident we had enough talent in the squad and our final position of 12th in the table was exactly what I had promised the board.

Cups

Tough draws against teams from League 1 meant first round exits in both the League Cup and the FA Cup. However, the Johnstons Paint Trophy was a different story. A couple of League 1 scalps taking us all the way to the semi and found us as the last League 2 team in it. However, the team at the top of League 1 gave us a right pasting, 0-3, in the semi.

Squad

Here is the first team. Basey had a solid season, my amazing youth team product Holmes was great when he played (I have not used him all the time just yet despite him being the best player I have by some distance!). Not sure how long I will be able to hold on to him. Up front was were I had problems with injuries and losses of form meaning I never had a settled pair. Mid season signing Reid showed some promise though.

Here are the seasons transfers over two pages!

Aims for next season

Try not to build a whole new team(!) just add a couple of players here and their and decide on a first choice pairing up front and keep them fit!

Aim for playoffs and hopefully get a bit further in the FA Cup to get some cash in.

Finances

Lost a bit of money over the season but still not looking too bad.

Here you go :p

2010/11   Blue Square North         1st         Promoted as Champions
2011/12   Blue Square Premier       3rd         Playoff semi-finalist, FA Trophy semi-finalists
2012/13   Blue Square premier       3rd         Playoff Winners, FA Trophy Winners
2013/14   League 2                  12th        Johnston Paint Trophy semi-finalists

Season 1 report

Season 2 report

Season 3 report

Well for one Hamilton162 is not here :cool: Secondly then there isn't the same small talk/comments to posts like last year. I have posted 2-3 updates now without getting any comments whatsoever.

Well for one Hamilton162 is not here :cool: Secondly then there isn't the same small talk/comments to posts like last year. I have posted 2-3 updates now without getting any comments whatsoever.

Well I suppose those 5 posts in a row about the most random thing don't clog up the thread anymore :rolleyes: but tbh I've never really got much notice from my EoS reports in either this year or last year.

Just to me there seems to be less people here than last year, but I suppose more people have completed it this year already so that could be why...

EDIT: Italian invasion is almost complete... :cool:

Yeah I rarely get a comment, but then again I only comment on others' intermittently so I can't particularly complain.

Well I suppose those 5 posts in a row about the most random thing don't clog up the thread anymore :rolleyes: but tbh I've never really got much notice from my EoS reports in either this year or last year.

Just to me there seems to be less people here than last year, but I suppose more people have completed it this year already so that could be why...

EDIT: Italian invasion is almost complete... :cool:

whats your affiliated clubs?

I can't really seem to get any with Chippenham. I have 2 foreign clubs otherwise 2 national ones.

I think this year was always going to be a quiet one with the additions of the new editor and the careers forum :(

Hey, i'm still here & following, i read every post, i just don't post myself because i haven't got FM10! :p

And was that mention a good or a bad thing?!?! :confused:

Archived