dafuge's FM10 challenge

Me and a friend decided to do this years challenge as a network game together. hope you dont mind :thup:

Profiles:

My Profile - Manager of the Glorious Merthyr Tydfil

Butler's Profile - Manager of the illustrious Dartford

We've played up to the end of November (Butler isnt connected when i took this pic) so far and its been fun as usual. We took two different strategies in signing players, I tried to sign the best possible players in every position and came just under my wage budget, while Butler has 3k left. I guess it shows in our results and the fact that hes gaining 1k a month and im losing ~13k.

I started off really well but since winning 8-0 I've started losing form, pretty typical really :D, while Butler is just doing ok, winning some losing some. The last game we also played was against each other, needless to say there was lots of banter and bragging :>

Will post another update end of season.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have been getting ready to take up this challenge and have finally settled for AFC Hornchurch! Up the Urchins!

I am 4 games into the season and I am sick to death of leading 1-0 only to throw it away! However, in my 4th game I was 1-0 down and pulled it back to 1-1. Same result but it felt much better!

Manager Profile

Arrrrg accidently saved holiday manager. Now going to have to re-holiday all over again.

How do i add save files to the forum BTW as through my reloading i have a number of teams that i have saves for and was going to add them for anyone who wanted to get hold of a specific team.

With 10 games left of the season we sit in 6th place and 2 points away from 5th placed team Fleetwood so really hope we can continue the good form & sneak into the play off places, having been without my top goalscorer for 7 games he has come back at exactly the right time for these last 10 games.

Has anyone managed to get a 1000 Rep or below club yet? not seen anyone post with a club of that rep but thought i would check.
Yeah, I'm playing with Oxford City who are 1000, and I've also seen FC United and Chippenham both crop up.

So now, instead of doing the essays and coursework I should be doing, I'm going to try and revive the fortunes of Oxford who are currently 8 games without a win, and in our last 10 games have only won once. Surprisingly though we're only 6 points off the play-offs, sitting in 12th place. I think I've certainly avoided relegation, but with our current form I don't know where the next win's gonna come from. Difficult times.

Yeah, I'm playing with Oxford City who are 1000, and I've also seen FC United and Chippenham both crop up.

So now, instead of doing the essays and coursework I should be doing, I'm going to try and revive the fortunes of Oxford who are currently 8 games without a win, and in our last 10 games have only won once. Surprisingly though we're only 6 points off the play-offs, sitting in 12th place. I think I've certainly avoided relegation, but with our current form I don't know where the next win's gonna come from. Difficult times.

yeah looking at getting chippenham myself as i played them in FM08 but so far no luck seeing them :D

Just had a preseason friendly against a very strong Arsenal reserves side which has made me very confident for the upcoming BSP season. We lost 2-1, but played some exceptional football at times. Our counter attacks even caught them on the hop and after a few tweaks i'm happy i've found my first XI for the season. Just looking for a few extra signings to strengthen the squad and we should be set.

I noticed I signed the same GK as Dafuge & I imagine quite a few other players as my scouts found him very early after he was released by Celtic, Connor Fairley is his name & whilst he hasn't been amazing he has just been called upto the Scotland U21 side towards the end of the season for me. Think he's good enough for the BSP as well so won't be looking to replace him for a little while.

I noticed I signed the same GK as Dafuge & I imagine quite a few other players as my scouts found him very early after he was released by Celtic, Connor Fairley is his name & whilst he hasn't been amazing he has just been called upto the Scotland U21 side towards the end of the season for me. Think he's good enough for the BSP as well so won't be looking to replace him for a little while.

He isnt on my game , probably because i didnt load players from top clubs .

yeah looking at getting chippenham myself as i played them in FM08 but so far no luck seeing them :D

I've tried getting Chippenham ever since I got the game.

I played them on FM08 and completed the challenge with the on FM09.

I've tried getting Chippenham ever since I got the game.

I played them on FM08 and completed the challenge with the on FM09.

never completed the challange got to the premiership twice (due to relegation) and then stopped playing as i took up FML :D and so never did the 09 challange but am back this year :D

Just managed to get Peterborough as my parent club. Especially handy as they are now a Premiership side! Got a couple of loanees including winger Dominic Green who should tear up this division. Lost the first two games of the season with tough opposition in Cambridge and York, but just hammered Crawley 4-1.

Just finished the first season & after the dreadfull start where we were bottom after 12 games I am absolutely delighted the changes I made to formation & playing staff paid off. The form we played the last 30 games would have been enough to win the league but thankfully it was also enough to see us finish in 5th place to give Hendon a play off game against Altrincham before the winners take on either Tamworth or Southport.

Only have one injury worry and that is to young Scottish striker Sean Fitzharris but seeing as he is only my sub I am feeling quite confident we can beat any of these teams, infact we recently beat Altrincham 2-1 at there place in the league.

What an up & down playoff semi final two legs that was, after getting of to a great start by scoring in the 11th minute at home we went on to concede 2 bad goals in the second half and lost 2-1 at home. Was really worried as I expected us to get a win at home to set us up for the second leg, was even more worried as my playmaker in midfield got injured during the game so missed the second leg and possibly the final. However we totally dominated the second and after being 1-0 up at the end of 90 minutes went into the extra time looking like the only team in the game. Thankfully we scored 2 more goals to win the game 3-0 and go through 4-2 where we will face Tamworth in the final!

Play off leg one

Play off leg two

Roughly how long would it take for me to get them promoted by reloading? I'm happy to spend several hours doing it.

Think of it this way, i dont think anyone who is doing this challenge has got them yet, thats quite a lot of hours without even seeing them so i dont think several hours would be enough

Season 2011/12 Review - Kingstonian in the Blue Square South

League Table

Past Positions

Changed to a very rigid, aggressive strategy this season with many long balls up to the strikers or to the wings which seems to have made us very hard to break down. Combine that with a bit more successful midfield play contributing with a decent number of goals and it was enough to grab the additional points compared to last season to win it all.

FA Cup | FA Trophy

Proud to have beaten Cheltenham, but let's just say I didn't have high hopes for the game that followed... ^^;

Squad

I'm actually quite happy with the players at my disposal at the moment, all we definitely lack is good backup on some positions. I don't expect to make dramatic changes for the BSP, but depending on what the scouts come up with I might not be able to help myself. :p

Transfers

The Chris Wilding loan didn't last long as I didn't realize that requesting a 2nd parent club (A) replaced the first, and (B) cancelled all loans from the first club. :confused: The other 3 signings were key ones with Mäntylä taking the place next to Coulson in central defence, Smith taking over on right midfield and Wilde playing quite a lot up front with varying success. Finally, Gavin Massey was shipped in from new parent club Watford, but didn't leave much of an impression and ended up spending most games on the bench or outside the squad.

Aim for next season: To avoid relegation and to keep the finances in the black.

Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    4th       -
2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    1st       Promotion

Think of it this way, i dont think anyone who is doing this challenge has got them yet, thats quite a lot of hours without even seeing them so i dont think several hours would be enough

Ok, thanks. I might as well give it a shot for a while anyway as it'll be worth it. I live about 5 minutes walk away from the ground ;).

Can someone tell me what the general stand on parent clubs is?

This is from the OP:

Assigning parent clubs and loaning players is completely up to the player, although it should be noted that on occasions a parent club can lend players which will make the first season or two slightly less of a challenge. It is completely up to you how you play this one, but everyone knows real men don't use parent club loans. Personally, I like to assign a parent club for financial benefits but never take any players on loan from them.

It is up to you really.

Archived