dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922
Would I be able to take part in the challenge by managing a team from level 7 in the first season, like the leagues below the conf north/south?

There's an extended version being run if you wish to play below BSN/S, it's on the first page

Carshalton early-December update:

+ The game has stopped crashing (after turning off all 3D but the pitch itself).

+ The board actually sees the benefit of parent clubs! :) Got QPR.

- However, the 0-8 loss to Watford in the FA Cup First Round did put a damper on things.

Currently 9th (I think) after an ugly start... and have just signed my very own Super Kyle Wilson.

Well I've totally re-designed my tactic from a 442 into a 4132 because my wingers were just dreadfull & I kept losing out on the wingers I wanted to sign but my scouts were giving me some nice reports on some central midfielders so opted to switch to a narrow formation and target a couple of central midfielders. After taking around 10 players on trial I opted to sign Scottish midfielder Nick Main & Bulgarian Valentin Milenov (trial screenshot below) to help bolster my squad to fit the new tactic.

I also took on another Bulgarian player on trial who was a former team mate of Milenov & after he came I also offered a full time contract, left back Dimitar Ruychev (screenshot from trial below) is rated as a potential league 1 player & is by far the most talented player in my squad so far.

Now to try and get some wins under the belt!

Milenov On Trial

Ruychev On Trial

After the instant success of my Bulgarian signings I went & offered trials to a few more in positions I was weak in, unfortunately whilst I couldn't find any centre backs (definately my weak spot in the team) I was happy with 2 of the trial players & offered full time contracts to them. In comes Right back Viktor Yanchev and midfielder Iskren Ivanov to add some more ability to my first team.

Currently Hendon are on an unbeaten run of 5 games which have included 4 wins (3 in the league & 1 in the FA Trophy) to give some much needed confidence to the side after our awfull start, my 4132 definately suits the team better with the technical ability of Milenov as my playmaker from midfield.

Ivanov On Trial

Yanchev On Trial

After the instant success of my Bulgarian signings I went & offered trials to a few more in positions I was weak in, unfortunately whilst I couldn't find any centre backs (definately my weak spot in the team) I was happy with 2 of the trial players & offered full time contracts to them. In comes Right back Viktor Yanchev and midfielder Iskren Ivanov to add some more ability to my first team.

Currently Hendon are on an unbeaten run of 5 games which have included 4 wins (3 in the league & 1 in the FA Trophy) to give some much needed confidence to the side after our awfull start, my 4132 definately suits the team better with the technical ability of Milenov as my playmaker from midfield.

Ivanov On Trial

Yanchev On Trial

i'm just curious. How do you find these players so quickly?

Hendon start with a Bulgarian coach so they come up in searches I do, that little bit of knowledge he gives helps a great deal in showing these players up, otherwise you'd have to go through each Bulgarian team & find them that way. Have signed 5 Bulgarians so far & can't see myself signing anymore this season as those who are interested in signing for Hendon haven't shown me much when they came on trial, will also try & a Scandanavian coach in next season so I can start to find some youngsters from that part of Europe also.

Just won the November manager of the month away after 3 wins & 2 draws from the 5 games we played, was worried about relegation at the start as we were really dreadfull playing with the 442 I made, however since changing to 4132 we dominate games & create more chances.

I'm only looking for 1 team but I've been reloading since yesterday :(

Just waiting for the one team must be soul destroying, i am kinda on the olook out for Shippenham just beacuse they are who i played in the FM08 version of the challange and got them to the premiership so would be nice to take the reigns there again, but tbh any 1k or less rep club will do me. :D

What is the advantages and disadvantages of laoding top players? I am 12 games in with Billericay and really enjoying it but I did not load the extra players. Dont really want to have to start again, but will if there is good reason.

It should favour the bigger clubs in the World, which should make it more challenging and give a better spread of regens.

Archived